265 Davenport Road
Toronto, ON M5R 1J9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mistura.ca/
- Phone: (416) 515-0009
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Massimo Capra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For small events, a pick up or delivery of food is recommended. For events larger than 100 people, a full service catering can be arranged. This is best coordinated by Chef Massimo Capra himself and can be done so by getting in touch with the restaurant directly.
- Entertainment: The word "Sopra' in Italian simply means 'Above'. Situated atop Mistura Restaurant, Chef Massimo Capra & Paolo Paolini's 2nd venue was created to accommodate groups of 20-120 people for all types of exclusive events.
Our baby grand Steinway Piano and DJ equipment are available to our guests at no extra charge, as is our talented roster of incredible musicians.
We aim to please, and our roster of talent is available to you for booking.
- Cross Street: Avenue Road
- Public Transit: Bay or St. George station on the Bloor subway line offer the best option to the restaurant. Mistura is a mere 7 minute walk north on Bay Street or Bedford Road.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is always available at the front door at a cost of $10- per vehicle.
A word from Mistura
Located close to Toronto's Yorkville area, Mistura opened in October of 1997 to rave reviews and continues today with the same ideals. It boasts excellent quality, seasonal menus prepared Chef Massimo Capra's way and served by the professional and knowledgeable team. Mistura is about hospitality that's fun and comfortable, set in an elegant candle-lit atmosphere. A contemporary Italian cuisine reflects a simplified yet refined approach to taste. An extensive wine list, including wine from some of the world's finest vineyards, and an attentive, knowledgeable staff add to the appeal. Perhaps you prefer a more intimate, private setting. Mistura's private dining room holds 14 people, while the semi-private dining room holds up to 40, to cater to your more private functions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mistura - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Mistura reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (54)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (22)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- MediocoreDelishfindsDined on 11/14/2014The food was OK. I was very excited to try this restaurant out and for a pasta dish but the food was just OK. Our waiter was not the most pleasant but he was not unpleasant either. Great décor and seating.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014fantastic night from the valet parking to the bar area meeting Massimo and Paolo and the meal was over the top. thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experience.My550benzDined on 10/18/2014My family and I have been eating at Mistura for over a decade now and it never disappoints. Fine dining at its finest. Bravo Massimo !!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentmermaidTODined on 10/4/2014Food was outstanding. Excellent service. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great hospitality servicesalgenDined on 10/1/2014Outstanding service, food and the atmosphere was elegant modern. Attention to detail was really good. I would go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Time and Dinner20thanniverasypairDined on 10/1/2014I wanted to express my gratitude to Chef Massimo and his staff at Mistura, the atmosphere was great and the food was amazing. It was the perfect location to share my 20 wedding anniversary. The food was amazing, it was so good that I took bread from the basket provided and cleaned my plate, that is the sign of good food. Our Server was attentive and helpful and was a pleasure to deal with. My wife and I were impressed that Chef Massimo took time out of his busy schedule to come to our table and talk with my wife and I and he was gracious enough to allow us to take some pictures with him. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will be back for more good food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dual CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food and service outstanding. Staff very knowledgable. We went their to celebrate my promotion and a birthday dinner. It was money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining perfectionBlueCatDined on 9/17/2014Mistura never fails to impress, both with it's amazing Italian food and impeccable (but never pretentious) service. Chef Capra is a gracious host who often greets diners. The beet risotto and gnocchi are not to be missed. We have enjoyed everything we've ever had there, from the appetizers through to dessert. Crispy artichokes with a creamy, lemony sauce were a delicious appetizer, veal was perfectly prepared, as was the lobster macaronccini. Chef Capra practices seasonal cooking, so everything is alway fresh. We are looking forward to going back for his Fall menu - hoping his wonderful butternut squash and apple soup (with a touch of curry) makes an appearance this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingviscountVIPDined on 9/6/2014Best experience in a long time , from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Food, service, atmosphere..just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Decent Atmosphere.PhilDined on 9/5/2014Went for anniversary, the lighting and settings are romantic but it would have been nice if it was more quiet. Food was great, no complaints there. The service was average, with the servers always seemingly in a rush to throw the plates on our table and get out of the way. Also, seems to have quite a bit of mosquitoes flying around all the time (might be due to the fact it was a hot day)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davenport dinerLetsEatDined on 9/5/2014We recently had Friday dinner at Matsura. There was a healthy crowd which made for a good energy without feeling intimidated or the need to fight for you space. Our server was terrific and genuinely enhanced our experience... He gave us the right level of attention, entertainment and really knew his way around the menu. The meal itself was fantastic...great apps, mains and wine. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Gorgeous meal at MisturaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014I was on holiday in Toronto for 10 days and had some great meals during my stay. Mistura was one of them - gorgeous restaurant and brilliant food. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Will definitely dine at Mistura when I next visit TorontoSpecial Features:
- Top notchBondgirlVIPDined on 8/25/2014Mistura never disappoints. It had been years since my last visit, but I should get there more often. Reliably fabulous food in a beautiful and classy but comfortable setting appropriate for a romantic evening, a quiet meal with friends or a serious business conversation. The tomato soup was a perfect balance of freshness and slightly cheesy saltiness. Scallops with the corn puree were perfectly seared and complemented by the assorted accompanying flavors.Special Features:
- fabulous foodlgg011Dined on 8/18/2014the service was excellent but the food topped the service-great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantKillerDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has been a favorite of mine since it first opened . It can always be counted on to produce satisfaction for any large group or just a pleasant evening for two.Special Features:
- ArturoDined on 8/15/2014The quality of the food as will as service are consistent. A very good restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontrealerDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant is awesome! The food and service are excellent and we make sure to go each time we are in Toronto. It is a must try restaurant especially if you like good food and different recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italain spot in TorontofoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The place has been consistantly great since the day it opened. Massimo is always trying new recipes and changing up his menu. Just came back from 2 weeks in Italy and this was my favourite meal. Best spagehtti Bolongnese in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!ChrisDined on 8/9/2014After hearing the name of this restaurant every time Massimo Capra would be on Restaurant Makeover, I knew I HAD to check this place out. Sure enough, I finally went and surely was not disappointed! The Rabbit and Panna Cotta were simply to DIE for! Considering the location in Yorkville and the amount of food you get, the prices are very reasonable! My only minor disappointment was the service - if our Server would have been a little more personable, it would have added to the evening. He did the bare minimum of his job - nothing more. A side from that - all check marks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 55manOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Although the food was very flavourful and creatively presented, the wine service was less than attentive and server didn't know who ordered which salads, mains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & great serviceNotmykitchenDined on 8/7/2014Our group of 4 chose Mistura for a Toronto birthday dinner based on Trip Advisor reviews and had a very enjoyable experience. One member of our party has a soy allergy, which we noted when we made our reservation through Open Table, and the restaurant accommodated that effortlessly. We had fantastic service from the moment we arrived and all thoroughly enjoyed our drinks, appetizers, main courses and desserts. Job well done - front and back of house. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticluv2dineDined on 8/2/2014Our party exchange bits from every plate, and everything was delicious. You can really taste the freshness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyTastybudsDined on 8/1/2014Discovered Mistura about five years ago through a friend. Always try to get back when visiting Toronto. Has a good friendly atmosphere with wonderful food and best risotto in town! Staff are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never failOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Always the stalwart, the reason we dine at Mistura, often without reservations is for the food. Throughout the years, we have never had a bad main, nor have we experienced anything other than exemplary service. Enomatic wines with half pours allow great possibilities for pairings and exploration.Special Features:
- The following 305 reviews are from the Mistura reviews archive.
- Masterful MassimoFredDined on 7/24/2014Once again, Massimo has prepared a meal that exceeds expectations. The service was perfect, not a moment with an empty glass. The restaurant was full which is extraordinary for a Thursday night in the middle of summer. Just tells you that foodies will find great food when it's prepared the way Massimo does it. We have become regulars now and will continue to bring our friends and family to this special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousVIPDined on 7/17/2014I have no idea why this restaurant is so popular. Every time we have been there over the years we are surprised at how bad it is. This last meal will definitely be the last!
- Meat eaters joy, vegetarians woe!MorningGlory1Dined on 7/17/2014The meat eaters in a party of 5 were happy with their selection from the summerlicious menu. The Duck starter was a delight to the palate with an explosion of textures and flavours. The strong bold Orata that followed for the main course gripped the taste buds in a dance with the complimentary garnish. The one vegetarian felt totally cheated by the awful salad with too much vinaigrette and limp poorly plated stuffed pepper! I agree with their angst! The service was impeccable deserving of a twenty percent tip! The $60 bottle of wine although very good was way over priced! Overall a pleasant experience for fine dining on a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014ZJGVL2003Dined on 7/15/2014Excellent food! Great menu! The group of 4 loved it! Pappardelle + Duck Ragu + Crackling Pangrattato **** Roasted Pork Capicollo + Creamy White Polenta + Caramelized Carrots + Black Garlic Cloves **** Vanilla Panna Cotta + Chocolate Sauce + Strawberry MeringueSpecial Features:
- What a find!!!!!Wikiwiki59VIPDined on 7/12/2014Great food,service and ambiance. I will definitely be back Make a reservation it can be very busySpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014It had been some time since last we were at Mistura, and we realize what we have been missing. The quality of food is perhaps to be expected at this venue and with this chef, but the size of portions for Summerlicious was surprisingly generous. The server was attentive and professional. A perfect evening for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Second time's a charm.....TTarpinDined on 7/11/2014This was our second time at Mistura (for our wedding anniversary again) and they seem to consistently provide excellent food and service. When we arrived, Massimo was at the front greeting people which is always a great touch for any restauranteur. I think his energy and enthusiasm for great food and service is infectious. It is evident in their staff as they're friendly and attentive. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in the cityigeeDined on 7/11/2014'Surprise' is how I would describe Massimo Capra's personal touch on every item on the menu. Whether it is a starter, main or dessert. His hands on involvement in the kitchen and at the tables makes all the difference. While billed as an Italian menu, Massimo's imagination has taken every dish to an 'indie' level. Unclassifiable.Special Features:
- Fantastic !PontaDined on 7/10/2014We went to Mistura for summerlicous dinner with my friend. Food, Service are great ! I definitely come back again !!Special Features:
- Excellent mealJonjamDined on 7/5/2014Went here on Saturday night as I heard the food was excellent. Ordered more than a few dishes and all was very good. The best of all was the artichokes and red beet risotto. The service was excellent as well and would like to thank Chris my server for a job well done. At the end of the night my kids even mentioned that the steak they had was very tasty and the cappuccinos with the chocolate covered spoon was delicious.Special Features:
- the bestMissyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Mistura is the most consistently excellent restaurant in Toronto..I have been to many:--some have great food but mediocre service.Some are hot spots and noisy --Many are just disappointing..Mistura is a class act from beginning to end.The food is delectable--the service flawless--the ambiance relaxing.We return there over and over again for our special occasions in particular.It ranks right up there with the best anywhere!!Special Features:
- A.MA.ZINGlovegoodfoodDined on 7/2/2014My Husband and I recently had dinner here for his 31st birthday. From the moment we walked in the door (actually, before we had even walked in the door!) we were greeted by exceptionally friendly and personable staff. Our food was BEYOND amazing, and I personally loved that some of the Waitstaff seemed to really know some of the other patrons I could only imagine to be "regulars". We had a really great evening, and will be sure to tell any who will listen of our great experience at Mistura!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still on top of its gamefoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is one of Toronto's best restaurant that is consistantly great. It helps that the owner and chef is usually in the kitchen. He cooks his fish , meat and pastas to perfection. The menu is always unique and creative, but not over the top. W always leave feeling happy and satisfied by all we eat there.Special Features:
- ExcellentDutchieDined on 6/28/2014Top notch food accompanied by top notch service. Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FredDined on 6/27/2014The total dining experience was superb! The food was excellent, great wine choices, the server was professional, experienced and precise. It was great that Chef Massimo came out to greet the diners. He is a master magician in the kitchen and we appreciate his great work and the quality of the food. It was a very memorable dining experience. I will become a regular now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBistroBabe1Dined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant for a special occasion dinner to celebrate birthdays with friends. Appetizers of deep fried artichokes and shrimp were tasty and could be shared easily. Scallops were beautifully done to perfection. Panacotta and Summer Tiramasu were outstanding deserts. A memorable dinner for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.