Mistral - Sherman Oaks
13422 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Mistral - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mistralrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (818) 981-6650
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:30PM- 10:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Henri Abergel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mistral - Sherman Oaks
Established in 1988. A true French bistro in the heart of Sherman Oaks. Warm Atmosphere and Traditional Cuisine Featuring Prime Steaks and Daily Fresh Fish and Seafood Selection. Best Steak Tartar, Onion Soup and Chocolate Souffle.Seasonal Fresh Vegetables and GarnishesContinued
Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List.
Recognized for its warm and excellent service.
Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List.
Recognized for its warm and excellent service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mistral - Sherman Oaks - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Mistral - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (47)romantic (41)notable wine list (31)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Review titleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I love Mistral! The food is ALWAYS delicious! Great wine! Great food! What's not to like...maybe how noisy it is?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Diverse MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014There's something for everyone at Mistral. The menu is very diverse...but the French Onion soup is definitely a must-have. We also enjoyed great service and didn't feel rushed at all despite wanting to sit and visit for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014When I got to the restaurant I was told that they didn't have my reservation. They said it was an error on the part of "Open Table". The restaurant was full but they were able to seat my group.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to bedineoutVIPDined on 11/5/2014It's still one of the nicer places in the Valley for a quiet lunch but quality is not quite what it used to be-i.e. tomatoes in salad not ripe (I can buy better at any local market), "crisp" bacon in a cobb salad cold & congealed. At $22 for an entree salad I expect better. Just looking pretty does not cut it.
- MistralLate2DinnerDined on 11/3/2014Cost was high, but service was excellent and the food even better. Wine list nicely priced with great mix of modest wineries and absolute top shelf labels. Talbot Chardonnay only available in one other restaurant in my experience. My friend loved her meal as well, and we were very relaxed. I had Salmon, often a dish which is plain and rather dry. It is tough to prepare it fresh, and maintain flavor and moisture. Mine was perfect. I am not one to hand out compliments easily, but even the coffee after dinner was smooth with deep flavor. Now I just wish she would have dinner with me again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly- not what it once was!jobimDined on 10/28/2014Still pretty- still lovely service Still delicious fries--- but food has dropped in preparation - in taste---considerably
- SteveDined on 10/25/2014Overall, I enjoyed the dining experience. The food and service were very good. Branzino and salmon were excellent. The maitre d' accidentally placed the table leg on my wife's toe when he pulled the table out to let her in. She was in a lot of pain and he showed false concern, "Can I call an ambulance?". I felt he could have offered us desert or a glass of wine to compensate. My major problem here was the price. Our dinner with one glass of wine and no desert was about $130, a bit too much in my opinion.Special Features:
- okalenaoDined on 10/24/2014Once you step into this restaurant, you leave the outside world behind as you are warmly greeted and escorted to your table. Lovely old world atmosphere with wood decor mixed with a touch of the modern and fresh roses at the bar. Discreet, attentive service. Great cocktails and food selections. The escargot and NY steak au poivre were delish and the chocolate soufflé was worth waiting for. One of those restaurants you want to return to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oui, ouiKatFoodDined on 10/20/2014This is a lovely restaurant. It also has a nice little bar area. The food is fantastic. It's a little pricy, but I think it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem in valleyNoNameVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very good food and excellent service, food cooked to perfection and service is 5 star, They need to update their cocktail list and also improve their bar scene, whole bar area needed to be redone and drinks arrange in better way, but still this place is good experience and I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific EveningEasternSeaboardSnobDined on 10/14/2014Recommended by a friend for a special occasion, our evening at Mistral surpassed expectations on every level. Exquisite service and each item of our order prepared to perfection. The best dining experience we've had in L.A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MistralSusiegVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always good, wonderful service and we love going!!!Special Features:
- Good foodBretDined on 10/7/2014Ordered the chicken Dijon it was great. The Cesar was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantsteelegirlVIPDined on 10/4/2014I was introduced to Mistral many years ago by a friend and it is always the first place I think of for any special occasion or when I just want to treat myself or my friends to a lovely night out at a great restaurant. The food is always delicious and they have had the same outstanding and friendly staff for years. I always feel like I am being embraced by old friends when I visit. I love the menu because they have a number of items that are staples, and they also have a "specials" menu. I am always excited to see what the "specials" are and I am rarely disappointed. Dessert is always fantastic too and we usually go with the chocolate soufflé. It's a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New York FeelEileenVIPDined on 9/29/2014Every dish I have ever had here is delicious, no disappointments here. Excellent service, and you are greeted by Raul, who is always gracious and warm. Great attention from staff, very professional. I would recommend Mistral for a romantic dinner, or dinner with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidWDavidWDined on 9/27/2014Always excellent! Great steak au poivre, wonderful service, terrific and fairly priced wine list.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 9/26/2014Saw old friends and at no better place. Food was good and the service wonderful.Special Features:
- Elegant casual dining.CrystalMDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated an amazing lady on her 50th birthday. Late lunch. We had wine, delicious food, excellent service. The time flew past. We were there for 2 1/2 hours. The owner had prepared a special surprise soufflé for the birthday lady. What fun, great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Food and service were both good. Restaurant was VERY loud and crowded. Would recommend it, but would only go there with a small party.....we had eight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRCG4Dined on 9/22/2014Awesome service and fabulous food I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.anon10023Dined on 9/20/2014The prices are sky high for substandard food. The escargot was bland and not fresh tasting. The sauce however was it's only saving grace. The wife had linguine with Cajun shrimp and the shrimp was salty like no other. I would expect more of a complex spice taste, but unfortunately it was just salt. The chicken came out dry and the halibut came out overcooked. You are better off dining elsewhere...not worth it. Also agree with other reviewers, it is super loud in the restaurant. The tables are positioned so close together that it's unavoidable.
- LloydVIPDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant was very lively and busy yet the service was very good. The waiters were extremely attentive. The good was fabulous. We started with the shrimp scampi which was awesome and then had the endive and blue cheese salad which was great and they even brought me extra point reyes blue cheese. Our entree was the John Dorry which was very good, though our friends had the branzino and it was even better. We finished with a great Chocolate Souffle. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBandiVIPDined on 9/16/2014I have been a customer for years. Without exception each and every dining experience has been memorable.Prices are high. Suggestion: go for lunch, prices are lower and the menu is almost the same as dinner.Special Features:
- Charming and civilizedDuckieVIPDined on 9/15/2014So nice to have at least one restaurant that believes in good service and quality food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Another excellent dining experience at Mistral! Had a wonderful time Sunday evening!Special Features:
- New favorite place in the Valley!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014First time at Mistral and I will definitely be back!! Great bar, great food and great ambience! I'm now a fan!! I'll be back soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out McD'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014They have the best prime steaks & french fries in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BalboaDined on 9/3/2014Hadn't been here in many many years. Place was still as remembered, Food, Service, and everything was excellent. Maybe not take so long to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, classy, relaxedBaboDined on 8/31/2014Mistral is an excellent restaurant, classy in a fine, under-stated old-fashioned way. Not trendy, not flashy. Beautiful bistro style dining room and bar, relaxed atmosphere, confident menu and wine list, gracious waiters and hosts. I have been going here for fine meals for more than 20 years and I will continue to go to this outstanding place.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014Consistently yummy! Food, Service, Atmosphere. I always look forward to coming here and dining with my husband, family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatZeniDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service, a little on the pricey side but well worth it.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodjamatoDined on 8/20/2014The best place to eat in the Valley, and maybe LA!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014been there many times for special occasions. Always great service and good food. A great local restaurant.Special Features:
- Like a night in Paris...bitemeLADined on 7/30/2014Charming establishment, wonderful service from the entire staff (wow) and the most amazing food. Definitely going back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdrbruceDined on 7/28/2014Incredible as always. The steak and fries are tube best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMMW11Dined on 7/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Everyone was attentive and gave us personal attention. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014Worth driving to the Valley, even with traffic. Food was excellent. Loved the Art Deco décor.
- The following 312 reviews are from the Mistral - Sherman Oaks reviews archive.
- A nice lunchwinoVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had lunch together at this established French style bistro. Very nice salad, large portion of eg of lamb with fresh beans and potatos. Watching the whipped cream melt into the chocolate mini souffle was a wonderful endingSpecial Features:
- Fantastic as everCeleryVIPDined on 7/22/2014Mistral never dissapoints. Fantastic food, great wine list and perfect service. A must try, but make a reservation !Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!EricDined on 7/19/2014I took my g/f out for her b-day. She enjoyed it. Thank you.Special Features: