Mistral - Sherman Oaks
13422 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Mistral - Sherman Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mistralrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 8189816650
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:30PM- 10:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Henri Abergel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mistral - Sherman Oaks
Established in 1988. A true French bistro in the heart of Sherman Oaks. Warm Atmosphere and Traditional Cuisine Featuring Prime Steaks and Daily Fresh Fish and Seafood Selection. Best Steak Tartar, Onion Soup and Chocolate Souffle.Seasonal Fresh Vegetables and Garnishes Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List. Recognized for its warm and excellent service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Mistral - Sherman Oaks - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Mistral - Sherman Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (30)romantic (29)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Classic, classy, relaxedBaboDined on 8/31/2014Mistral is an excellent restaurant, classy in a fine, under-stated old-fashioned way. Not trendy, not flashy. Beautiful bistro style dining room and bar, relaxed atmosphere, confident menu and wine list, gracious waiters and hosts. I have been going here for fine meals for more than 20 years and I will continue to go to this outstanding place.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014Consistently yummy! Food, Service, Atmosphere. I always look forward to coming here and dining with my husband, family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatZeniDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service, a little on the pricey side but well worth it.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodjamatoDined on 8/20/2014The best place to eat in the Valley, and maybe LA!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014been there many times for special occasions. Always great service and good food. A great local restaurant.Special Features:
- Like a night in Paris...bitemeLADined on 7/30/2014Charming establishment, wonderful service from the entire staff (wow) and the most amazing food. Definitely going back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticdrbruceDined on 7/28/2014Incredible as always. The steak and fries are tube best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMMW11Dined on 7/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Everyone was attentive and gave us personal attention. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014Worth driving to the Valley, even with traffic. Food was excellent. Loved the Art Deco décor.
- A nice lunchwinoVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had lunch together at this established French style bistro. Very nice salad, large portion of eg of lamb with fresh beans and potatos. Watching the whipped cream melt into the chocolate mini souffle was a wonderful endingSpecial Features:
- Fantastic as everCeleryVIPDined on 7/22/2014Mistral never dissapoints. Fantastic food, great wine list and perfect service. A must try, but make a reservation !Special Features:
- DineLAHalpVIPDined on 7/18/2014Dined at Mistral for the first time since their opening and was quite pleased. Good quality food and lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!WinendineVIPDined on 7/14/2014From the moment I walk into Mistral, I feel transported by the ambiance and energy. The staff is very welcoming and polite. You have time to sip your cocktail before ordering and the menu never disappoints. Whether you want fish, chicken or beef you can't go wrong. They are very accommodating about food allergies and will substitute for you graciously. Their souffle for desert is legendary in this part of town. Everything is right about Mistral!Special Features:
- Great dining in Studio CityStuartVIPDined on 7/3/2014If you live on the valley side and you don't feel like driving to Beverly Hills this is a great place to go! Somewhat towards the Beverlyhill prices but food a service is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST KEPT SECRET IN LALauraJVIPDined on 7/1/2014Mistral is one of the best restaurants in LA and certainly THE best in the Valley! Don't miss the steak or tuna tartar! The dining room feels like you're in a European bistro and the bar is beautiful. Great for a romantic evening or dinner with friends. I can't recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raul Rocks MistralCavaleVIPDined on 6/30/2014From the shaken martinis to the best chocolate mousse, Mistral truly delivers. My favorite is the Chicken Mistral, an almost boneless, crispy 1/2 chicken. I like it with the dijon sauce, and fries. Make a reservation, and tell Raul your special occasion requests!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014Pretty local restaurant. Nice food. TOO noisy. Couldn't hear person sitting directly across me. Waiter couldn't hear order and got drinks, food wrong. Sat with dirty plates for long time.Special Features:
- Best in Sherman OaksMikeVIPDined on 6/22/2014Only restaurant in Sherman Oaks or even close for sophisticated dining… great selection of wines. A lot of very affordable options and a lot of wine eye candy too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eating but a little too smallPhazerDined on 6/21/2014I took my girlfriend to mistral for her bday. The food was delicious! Everything was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. The restaurant is small about 20' wide by 40' long seems a little cramp. Drinks are served strong the service is GREAT!! The restroom is located in the back through the kitchen nothing special there My girlfriend loved the place but said she wouldn't want to go back. The only thing she kept raving about was the chocolate soufflé. Had a good experience but probably won't go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stilesVIPDined on 6/19/2014always a great meal. Love love the tuna tartar - best around. Can't go wrong with any choice.Special Features:
- DavidWDavidWDined on 6/12/2014The best restaurant in the valley, without question! Great food, always great service, and an under-rated and fairly priced wine lisr! From the blue-cheese puff pastry amuse bouche to the French bread with sweet butter through the prime steak au poivre with frites and a wonderful souffle--c'est magnifique!Special Features:
- Dining at MistralSusiegVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food and Service A+++. Always consistent, delicious and the staff wonderful!Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/7/2014My first time dining at this restaurant. The host was very friendly and accommodating, our server was very helpful with suggestion regarding food and wine. Food and wine were excellent.Special Features:
- Gastronomic Delight!Katsdiningexperience1Dined on 5/20/2014What a lovely experience from start to finish. The wait staff was kind and helpful in making suggestions. We had a lovely time and the food was equally special :)Special Features:
- Louder Than A Rock ConcertAnniversaryDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I went to Mistral on a Monday night, and the noise was unbelievable. The food was excellent and the service was attentive, but the place was so loud that we could not hold a conversation. You had to shout to be heard, which made the noise level even worse. We were facing each other across the table, and we actually had to resort to texting each other. I've been to quieter football stadiums. I cannot recommend this place.
- Great food and service, but loud!littleharmVIPDined on 5/17/2014Mistral is a small restaurant with tables relatively close together. Service was excellent from the host to our waiter to the bus help. Food was delicious. The little cheesy popovers are to die for. We had the wedge salad and Caesar salads...both were a nice portion with fresh, crispy lettuces and yummy dressings. My husband had the duck which he said was very good...moist with great flavor. I had the crab cakes which were also very good. Mostly crab with very little filler. They were served with a lemon champagne sauce...yum! We had the chocolate souffle for dessert...decadent! The only complaint is the noise level. It's extremely loud...difficult to have a conversation with your table mates especially if there are more than two.Special Features:
- The bestBandiVIPDined on 5/13/2014Stunning food,great service. The specials included veal with the freshest morel mushroom,feather light crab cakes gravlaks, simply the best restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- Dinner reviews are rightKilgoreVIPDined on 5/6/2014Very slow service, so loud that if you are a male over 55 you probablynwill miss half the conversation and quite good food. Some carpeting on the floor or baffling would help a lot.Special Features:
- The following 291 reviews are from the Mistral - Sherman Oaks reviews archive.
- Our Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I love Mistral. It truly is the best restaurant in the Valley! Guests are always greeted with warmth and the service is excellent. Mistral has a great bar and you can eat there if you wish. The food is outstanding and they have the BEST french-fries and soufflés in the world!!! Mistral is lovely for an intimate dinner for two and still fun for a group. We had six for dinner last Saturday and everyone had a wonderful time. We highly recommend Mistral without reservation!Special Features:
- Gotten really loudJb39VIPDined on 5/1/2014Like eating next to a 747 just before it takes off. Next time I'm wearing ear protection.Special Features:
- Perfect!!PrettyperkypeggyVIPDined on 5/1/2014I met an old very classy friend for lunch whom I had not seen in a couple of years. This was the perfect place to have an undisturbed conversation, a fabulous lunch and a memorable afternoon. It was pricey but it was worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheDiningMadMonsterDined on 4/30/2014Best Food In Sherman Oaks. You can't go wrong, no matter what you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cindyDined on 4/29/2014Mistral always delivers a pleasant dining experience. The wines by the glass selection is small but good quality wines. The food is always delicious and the service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- BandiVIPDined on 4/29/2014simply superb, great food wonderful service.Knowledgeable waitersSpecial Features:
- adults who lunchdineoutVIPDined on 4/29/2014this is a quiet restaurant with well spaced tables to enjoy conversation with a guest,or business associate. the waiter, while attentive (drink refills without being asked/ black napkin for black slacks) let us talk and enjoy each others company without needless interruptions.
- Overall ExperiencemichaelDined on 4/19/2014Too noisy. Food was good, however was not hot enough. Plate should have been hot as well as food. Service was excellent.
- Special PlacejamatoDined on 4/18/2014Mistral is a gem. Everything about Mistral is excellent and beyond first rate. From the time that you step in the door until you leave after having a special feast you are well treated, every taste cared for, and given the opportunity to sample some the best prepared and presented cuisine in the City.Special Features:
- MistralBigmammaDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant is the best one in the valley in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014My girlfriends and I had a great time. The owner and staff made us feel like we were the only guests in the restaurant. The food was amazing. The restaurant couldn't be any more adorable. I will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Best of the ValleyRobbiejayVIPDined on 4/13/2014It's always pretty good. There is nothing wrong with food, but I'm sad to say that it's getting a little tired . The menu was almost the picking the least of what what's the most boring. But the service is always attentive , and the soufflé is a must. As of right now, unfortunately it's about as good as Ventura Blvd. is going to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.