Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
370 Bridge Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mistraldining.com/
- Phone: (650) 802-9222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; BEGINNING AUGUST 1ST, 2010, Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Fabatz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
Mistral’s California cuisine is very Mediterranean-influenced, and focuses on serving the best local ingredients available. Chef Tim Fabatz serves up an immensely popular daily fresh fish special and has excellent seafood and shellfish offerings on the seasonally current regular menu. Mistral is committed to being responsible to the environment and to the people around us; therefore our seafood is from sustainable sources, our beef is hormone-free Certified Angus, naturally-raised pork, lamb and chicken are of the best quality available, organic produce is used wherever possible, and no trans fats are used in any recipe preparations. Mistral is a destination restaurant for anniversaries & birthdays, and has an off-the-beaten-path ambiance with year-‘round patio dining and water views, an outdoor fireplace, and plenty of outside heaters. Two private rooms and the covered patio are available for private dining, business dinners, banquets, cocktail parties, weddings, and special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City - Best Restaurants in Redwood City ›
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (71)great for outdoor dining (71)scenic view (66)great for lunch (60)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (55)notable wine list (37)romantic (35)hot spot (26)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceFrancopdDined on 11/22/2014My girlfriend and I went to Mistral for the first time. The food was extremely good, very high quality ingredients and perfect execution. I ordered a filet mignon and she ordered the salmon. Service was great, attentive but not overwhelming. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinWithFriendsDined on 11/15/2014Great place to enjoy wonderful food and drinks with family and friends. My husband and I visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOODFOOD- GREAT DININGgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/12/2014WE GO THERE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. THE SPECIAL MENUS ARE ALWAYS OUTSTANDING. THE SERVERS & WAIT STAFF DO AN EXCELLENT JOB, ALWAYS FRIENDLY & ACCOMMODATING, ONE OF THE OWNERS ARE ALWAYS THERE. THEY HAVE THE BEST KIDS MENUS ON THE PENINSULASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diverse menu, scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/4/2014The menu choices were diverse, the service excellent, and the scenic view gorgeous. The salmon was cooked to perfection, and accompanying Greek salad scrumptious. The Mediterranean appetizer dips were delicious, but the pita bread was hard as a cracker. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing after a good visit4RosesDined on 10/30/2014I had just gone to Mistral for the 1st time in 2 years as I heard they had changed their menu. I went with 6 friends and everything was great. We had appetizers, cocktails, wine etc... The service was excellent and everyone loved the food. This visit was disappointing compared to the 1st. I ordered the same cocktail that I had just enjoyed a few days prior but I knew immediately it was a different bartender, the drink looked and tasted watered down (too much soda) and the fruit wasn't muddled - I know that's fussy but that is what made the previous visit so great where I enjoyed the best old fashion ever. This time I ordered the dungeness crab risotto special. It was awful. My friend ordered the scallops which she enjoyed and I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not compellingCounterbanderVIPDined on 10/29/2014This place seems to capitalize on its attractive waterside setting and spacious interior/exterior to offer food and service which is competent but conservative. Fine for a business meal but not experimental or unusual. The wine list is more adventurous, but is unbalanced towards the high price range. Not enough reasonably priced wines. Choice of wines by the glass (or carafe) very limited.Special Features:
- Experience wasn't the best serviceFunfoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014This experience wasn't the best on service for lunch. We waited long periods and waiter didn't provide proper information even though he's worked at Mistral a long time. We felt he didn't want to bother getting us a wine list since lunch menu only showed wines by the glass. There were four of us celebrating a birthday and our meals were good but not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious dash through dinnerMrAlpenDined on 10/27/2014My meal was an early dinner after work with a colleague - Mistral was chosen solely because of its proximity, and indeed time was short for the meal due to other commitments. So everything was set against really enjoying the Mistral experience. Nevertheless, the serving staff accomodated our compressed timescale and served food that was sufficiently tasty to create a memorable pause in our evening's rush. My feeling afterwards is that I must return and enjoy this restaurant more courteously in future.Special Features:
- Nice location for a romantic dinnerInTownVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great food and service in a casual but romantic atmosphere. The beef was cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our waiter was fantastic & patient taking orders from 9 women celebrating their 55th High Schoo Reunion. Great fun and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- SUPER GREAT ALWAYSgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014WE GO THERE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, EXCEPTION DINNING EVENING ALWAYSSpecial Features:
- Cozy localsAvidRWCDinerDined on 10/23/2014Always a nice evening at Mistral. Service initially was a little slow, but in the end all was good. Not my first time to Mistral and won't be my last. Food is good, service friendly, lovely location on the lagoon in Redwood Shores.Special Features:
- Excellent Business DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Come to Mistral often for business dinners and it never disappoints. Good food, attentive staff. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as ever!sp4MendyDined on 10/20/2014I love the spicy seafood chowder, and the prawn and crab louis salad was excellent.Special Features:
- JeffJeffDined on 10/18/2014Nice place, menu has enough but over the top options. Pretty good service - we were there on Sat night - pretty busy. We were seated but ended up waiting more than 5 minutes for initial server to show up. But afterwards, service was fine. Will go back and also recommend.Special Features:
- Always great!MonicaDined on 10/13/2014All the people who work here are great to start off with. The food is excellent and it is good for dinner or lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasureFoodyLouDined on 10/11/2014We are new to the Redwood Shores area and Mistral was a very pleasant discovery. The food was delicious and the service was top notch! We will go back soon.Special Features:
- Fried food wasn't very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014I eat here once every 1-2 months. My food is usually very good, but this meal was an exception. Everything was good except for the fried foods, which happen to be what I ordered. I got the crab cake appetizer and the buttermilk fried chicken. Both were too greasy :( My friend got the scallops and they were excellent (as usual)! My husband had the filet (very good)!Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/1/2014WE GO AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK TO HAVE DINNER, THE LAST TIME WE HAD OUR GRANDSON AGE 10. THEY HAVE A GREAT MENUS FOR KIDS !!! ONE OF THE OWNERS IS ALWAYS THERE. VERY FRIENDLY & ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE EACH TIME, SUPER STAFF !Special Features:
- The bread!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014That's all... just, the bread. It's to die for. Everything else was great too!! Excellent service and what was really great was the easy breezy way the staff handled the last minute changes to our reservation. That goes a long way especially when you're dining with clients. It could have been awkward but they handled it as any good restaurant should, with absolute grace and even a smile! If I lived in town I would go to Mistral's all the time! Did I mention the bread??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunchwifeisveganDined on 9/30/2014I took out my team for a lunch. Excellent service and very good food. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Decent RestaurantSusanVIPDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I wanted to try out this restaurant for dinner since it's on the water and has outdoor dining. The service and wine were great but the food was only ok. I would want to try them for lunch, though, to see if that would be better.Special Features:
- yummy and invitinglovetoeatDined on 9/20/2014Great evening, great service, warm environment We will go back to this restaurant Thank you for taking great care of usSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014Much better experience. They changed the menu, their martini glasses, and are now on Open Table. Good for the management team!!! The food is much better with the new menu.
- Today 9/17 - LunchLorenVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food is always excellent! We will definitely return. We are never disappointed.
- Great Restaurantnum4meDined on 9/10/2014The appetizers and menu are always interesting and delicious - yes every time I've been there!! I like the atmosphere inside & out!Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREAT !!!!goodfoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014WE GO THERE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, THE SPECIAL ARE YUMMY !!! GREAT WAIT STAFF, THE OWNERS ARE VERY VISIBLE ALWAYSSpecial Features:
- Bad lunchbistroVIPDined on 9/10/2014My friend and I come here every couple of months for lunch. Sometimes food and service are amazing and sometimes, like this time, it was complete disappointment. We both order fish that was on the specials and it was so dry and horrible, that we literary left everything after having two bites. Our waiter didn't even care to ask us Iftar food was ok, even when he was taking our fool plates 30 min after. Noise is unbearable around 1pm. Not going back for a whileSpecial Features:
- Birthday Goodness!LarrySURPRISEbirthdayDined on 9/9/2014The atmosphere was warm and inviting with the wait staff and the manager or owner coming to our table and personally wishing the birthday people, three of us, happiness and taking great care of us. To start, the fresh warm bread they served almost melted in my mouth. The ahi poke and charcuterie & cheese platter appetizers were delicious. I love Point Reyes blue cheese. I had the seared ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes, that had a wonderful balance, and the long beans were cooked to perfection and presented circular around the mashed potatoes and the tuna with the prawns perched on top, great presentation! The Ghirardelli chocolate Chambord ganache dessert was very decadent, just the way I like it. I believe our whole party was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night?RobertDined on 9/6/2014Sometimes, no matter how good the food and beautiful the surroundings, a bad wait staff experience sours the evening. That sums up our recent visit. We reserved for an early Saturday dinner and were promptly seated at a fine table overlooking the lagoon. From that point on the meal went south. Service was slow and spotty, and the seemingly incompetent server, when he bothered to come by, over-acted his supposed enthusiasm for serving us. Water was very slow to arrive, the wine came about 15 minutes after it was ordered, and the dessert course was flubbed completely. Entrees, however, were perfect. We will return because the everyone has an off day. However, we will never allow this waiter to serve us again.Special Features:
- 2nd time not as good as the firstThergDined on 9/6/2014This was our second trip to the restaurant after a very good experience on our first last month. The food was consistent but the service was not. The server was polite and friendly but a bit scattered. We were seated directly in front of their pizza/salad station and next to the bar. The noise from people watching a football game was annoying. Having to see our food sit for minutes at the station behind us before the someone came by to move them was doubly annoying. We'll probably return because the food was consistent and the place is kid friendly, but I'll definitely ask for a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sp4MendyDined on 9/5/2014Mistral was very good. We did not like the vegetable rolls. The spicy choweder soup is always good but was not hot. The sea bass was excellent. The wine list was very good.
- Lovely lunch spotdineinstyleDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our group lunch and the restaurant staff were very gracious when we added to our group, helping us relocate to a larger table. The food was great and I would definitely recommend it/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I took some of my employees to this restaurant for dinner. We asked our waitress for appetizer suggestions, and she provided us with 4 amazing treats.Special Features:
- Excellent waterfront diningMARthaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Mistral now has a wonderful weekend dinner menu that includes everyone's favorite -- fried chicken with mashed potatoes and greens! It's great!Special Features:
- Food a little disappointingmyrneVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times, but not recently. Two of our dinners were really not very good and two were good. It is a pretty spot and they have a nice menu, however the food was definitely a disappointment. Hopefully they will correct this soon.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!MagredaDined on 8/8/2014We love going to Mistral's! Wonderful food and great cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnoliciousVIPDined on 8/7/2014Only "minus" was the special for the evening - Halibut - which was very dry. Other than that, all was satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014I had not been to Mistral in more than 2 years because I no longer work in that area. The menu has changed & the new menu design is not good! The food was also not as good. My scallops were very over cooked and dry--the scallop dishes had always been my favorite. My lunch guest had the chicken risotto, which she described as "okay." The restaurant is still beautiful and the service is very good--I would recommend the restaurant for that reason but the food really needs to get back to what it once was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectRobertDined on 8/5/2014We asked for an outdoor table and were seated next to a table for 10, which caused some concern. No problem. The waitstaff was fully attentive, the beverages and food were delicious and the noise from the next table wasn't so bad as to drown out our conversation. The only "off note" was that a steak came cooked a bit more than requested, but that was very quickly remedied with a smile and a complimentary dessert. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.