Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
370 Bridge Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mistraldining.com/
- Phone: 6508029222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; BEGINNING AUGUST 1ST, 2010, Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Fabatz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City
Mistral’s California cuisine is very Mediterranean-influenced, and focuses on serving the best local ingredients available. Chef Tim Fabatz serves up an immensely popular daily fresh fish special and has excellent seafood and shellfish offerings on the seasonally current regular menu. Mistral is committed to being responsible to the environment and to the people around us; therefore our seafood is from sustainable sources, our beef is hormone-free Certified Angus, naturally-raised pork, lamb and chicken are of the best quality available, organic produce is used wherever possible, and no trans fats are used in any recipe preparations. Mistral is a destination restaurant for anniversaries & birthdays, and has an off-the-beaten-path ambiance with year-‘round patio dining and water views, an outdoor fireplace, and plenty of outside heaters. Two private rooms and the covered patio are available for private dining, business dinners, banquets, cocktail parties, weddings, and special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City - Best Restaurants in Redwood City ›
Mistral Restaurant & Bar - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)neighborhood gem (74)scenic view (70)great for lunch (69)good for groups (60)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (40)romantic (34)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (14)late-night find (5)Show More
- Dinner was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I took some of my employees to this restaurant for dinner. We asked our waitress for appetizer suggestions, and she provided us with 4 amazing treats.Special Features:
- Excellent waterfront diningMARthaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Mistral now has a wonderful weekend dinner menu that includes everyone's favorite -- fried chicken with mashed potatoes and greens! It's great!Special Features:
- Food a little disappointingmyrneVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times, but not recently. Two of our dinners were really not very good and two were good. It is a pretty spot and they have a nice menu, however the food was definitely a disappointment. Hopefully they will correct this soon.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!MagredaDined on 8/8/2014We love going to Mistral's! Wonderful food and great cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnoliciousVIPDined on 8/7/2014Only "minus" was the special for the evening - Halibut - which was very dry. Other than that, all was satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014I had not been to Mistral in more than 2 years because I no longer work in that area. The menu has changed & the new menu design is not good! The food was also not as good. My scallops were very over cooked and dry--the scallop dishes had always been my favorite. My lunch guest had the chicken risotto, which she described as "okay." The restaurant is still beautiful and the service is very good--I would recommend the restaurant for that reason but the food really needs to get back to what it once was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfectRobertDined on 8/5/2014We asked for an outdoor table and were seated next to a table for 10, which caused some concern. No problem. The waitstaff was fully attentive, the beverages and food were delicious and the noise from the next table wasn't so bad as to drown out our conversation. The only "off note" was that a steak came cooked a bit more than requested, but that was very quickly remedied with a smile and a complimentary dessert. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pablo SmilebabysmilebabyDined on 8/4/2014We were crushed that our beloved local restaurant has lost its way. We checked in with neighbors, and all agreed it was not just an off night (Monday Aug 4 2014) Mistral is no longer a choice for dinner. However! our waiter that night was attentive and professional, and did get the 22% tip.Prices are just too high for the current quality Hoping for a turn-a-round
- kim4325VIPDined on 7/31/2014I have not been back to Mistral for over a year or so. I was quite impressed with their attentive service. Both my clients and I ordered pan-seared scallops, and they were very good (probably can use a little less dressing. It overwhelmed the scallops). Overall, we enjoyed the ambiance and excellent service. The only think I would recommend is to tone down the menu prints. It is definitely too busy, and makes you feel like you are looking at Chevy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go To Place-Mistralgluvs2shpDined on 7/29/2014Mistral's staff is attentive and friendly. The like the patio dining for lunch or dinner. On warm days you overlook the lagoon and cooler evenings the fireplace is lit which makes the patio warm and inviting. I've had the Pan Roasted Salmon my last two visits and will probably order it again next time I'm there. The salmon is cooked to perfection, tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, and sits ontop of a lightly dressed Greek Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change of PaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Came here on a Wednesday night with my 25 year old son. Great Service, good food but nothing spectacular. In fact, both of us ordered different soups as starters. Both had good taste, but were luke warm. First taste by my son, and he says "Is your soup hot?" Not really. Entrées of Ahi and Shrimp Risotto were good, but not to die for. Overall, a nice change of pace, a good setting for conversations, attentive but not bothersome service. Best course was dessert. We shared the Banana Split. Amazing carmelized banana in the peel, with vanilla bean ice cream, Ghirardelli Chocolate, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts. Really great for sharing, and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellant ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food, sevice and ambience were 10/10. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodMypinkblessingDined on 7/15/2014It will never fail.... you will get a great meal with great service!Special Features:
- Mistralfamilyof3Dined on 7/12/2014Overall we really enjoyed our dinner.We have a baby, so I asked for a table outside, thinking that it would be quieter.It was very noisy outside.It was noise that you would expect indoors.I was not expecting that outside.Also, our waitress was not friendly.At one point, we asked for more bread.She brought it on a plate.Instead of placing that plate on the table, she poured the new bread onto the old plate.She was very harsh about it and ended up throwing bread onto the table.She did nothing to correct that or even recognize it.The other employees we had contact with were very pleasant and helpful.But a rude server does take away from the overall experience.The food was delicious and presented beautifully.I would try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerRustyztwoDined on 7/9/2014I had the pleasure of dining with my golfing foursome at Mistrial Restaurant. We had a marvelous meal, a great wine and energetic service.Special Features:
- Big Group big noiseScottDined on 7/9/2014We eat here often in business trips and always find the food and service exceptional. On this occasion they sat us next to a group of 15 that were so loud we could barely carry in a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect setting for dinnerfindinganicknameisapainDined on 7/9/2014The 4 of us sat along the out side tables looking over the lagoon. It was really great but the 8 women who sat next to us just seemed to yell at each other and we could not hear each other. The food and service were great and we always love the place but noise levels are unpredictable outdoors if you need to accomplish anything or try to visit.Special Features:
- Poorluv2eatVIPDined on 7/9/2014Would not go there again. Service was not in time with our eating. We got our drink in 2 minutes and our starter came in 30 minutes. What was worst was the entrée came while we were still eating our starter
- Favorite local restaurantfoodieloverDined on 7/3/2014You can never go wrong at Mistral. Whether you're looking for a great place for a group dinner, a romantic dinner for two, or a great place to meet friends for drinks and great good, Mistral offers a little bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare missAngler22VIPDined on 7/3/2014We been here many times but unfortunately this time was not like the rest. Service was extremely slow when the place was less than half full. The food lacked flavor and didn't seem to be prepared with the typical effort and attention to detail. Very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Saturday nightMonicaDined on 6/28/2014I love this restaurant and all the people who work there. The food is excellent as well as the wine list! I brought someone who had never been here and he just loved it!Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambianceSistersDined on 6/27/2014You can't get a better meal on the mid-peninsula. Excellent wine list and cocktails. Superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little GemelenaDined on 6/25/2014As soon as we arrived I knew I had choosen the perfect spot to celebrate our wedding anniversary to the ambience to the food to the service. We started with the ahi tuna appetizer so rich in flavor but as to the wonton chips that totally didn't work for me . For Dinner I order the paella and hubs ordered the prime rib oh can I tell you that steak was melting in my mouth (cooked medium) and the potatoes heavenly but I will say though the spinach was bland had no taste to it . As for the paella everything about this dish is delish lots of flavors n seafood I even had leftovers! Great portions great prices great ambience will def be going there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJulesDined on 6/24/2014We went out to dinner with our cousins to celebrate their first wedding anniversary and we had a great time. I made reservations and when we arrived we were asked if we wanted to sit outside or inside. We all said outside (it's June). It is a covered area with heat lamps around so we were warm. Our table had a great view of the water. Service was very good (prompt and polite). The food was outstanding. We each ordered something different and all four of us enjoyed our order. (My skirt steak was just as good the next day as leftovers.) I can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- What happened to the servicelove2eatDined on 6/24/2014I've been to Mistral many times. This time I took 2 colleagues who had not been there in years. The service was absolutely horrible and the restaurant was not even that full. This was embarassing to me, since I was the one who highly recommended the restaurant. Get your act together, Mistral!
- Worst experienceTheTruthDined on 6/21/2014Mistral is a beautiful restaurant the ambiance is great has so much potential. But I have to say by far the worst food I've eaten. I had to send back my steak 3 different times and by the last time I gave up and just didn't eat ... Yes I'm a chef and yes I can be picky but all I wanted was a "steak on the plate" tge food just lacked some flavor and love ... A restaurant like this could be a great one but right now, until they get things under control from FOH to BOH this restaurant will remain a one star stop... On the bright side the drinks were great ! Hands down to the bartenders ! My server becca ... Speed up a bit be more attentive no one likes to be looking for there server.
- An oasis in a strip mallRobertDined on 6/19/2014Mistral is worth the work to get to it. It is an unlikely location at the end of a non-descript strip mall in the middle of nowhere. The deck is very pleasant and the food very good. Wine list tends to favor US wines, but there is lots of variety. The meal is enhanced with pizza oven baked pita style bread with dipping sauce. The fish specials are almost uniformly excellent. Definitely a place to include on a list of favorite restaraunts on the mid-Peninsula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtEverydayDined on 6/19/2014We found the restaurant to be a bit cool and not very comfortable. The place looks nice but a bit too cool to enjoy. The people that work in the restaurant are moving which will keep them at a comfortable temperature. I wore a warm long sleeve shirt and was prepared, but everyone at out table was cool or cold. We had moved from the out side dining to the inside and both location was not comfortable. Last the menu was all about wine and booze which made the food a afterthought choice. I don't plan to returnSpecial Features:
- Good food, service & view.localgirlDined on 6/17/2014My husband let me choose where I'd like to dine on our anniversary, and I chose Mistral in Redwood Shores. We had a table with a view of the lagoon, and while the noise level was higher than normal, due to two large groups in the "patio" area... the food, view & service offset the noise. As soon as we were seated, the waiter brought us each a glass of sparkling wine. We had a wonderful meal, while enjoying the view, and we were both glad that I chose Mistral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureBusinessLuncherVIPDined on 6/17/2014I go to Mistral several times a month for lunch during the week. The menu always has my tried and true favorites but also changes it up from time to time offering seasonal dishes with interesting and appetizing twists on standards. The risotto is out of this world. The salads are generously portioned and always with the freshest, tastiest ingredients. The service is friendly and attentive, but they also seem to have a good sense of when to stop by and when you are doing fine. One of my "things" is the water glasses, and my water is always filled without my having to ask. The atmosphere is one where you can have a business lunch or catch up with a friend, and you feel right at home. They really make dining out a pleasurable experience!Special Features:
- Mistral dinner for 10 peopleLionhouseDined on 6/14/2014Some of us were not happy with the food. The spaghetti had no flavor and was very uninteresting. The Paella had green beans which were not appreciated and the flavor was off. The crab and shrimp salad was very good as was the fish taco. I've eaten there before and had great food so don't know what happened! It is love to sit on the covered patio area where one can be warm (they have heaters) but feel "outside"Special Features:
- Social workerDiscriminationDined on 6/10/2014I was disappointed in the female host who could not accommodate my guest and myself with a reservation. She stated it was very busy. She mentioned the only setting she had was at the bar. I explained to her that we were celebrating a 1 year old bday and those seats would not work since there were four children and two adults. She said everything was booked. When I made a reservation online and got in to the Resturant I noticed there were many available tables both indoors and outdoors. I felt discriminated because we had kids. This was not okay by me. Because proir to me speaking with this young lady I had spoke to a another worker who dated no reservation was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Food and Excellent ServiceJulieVDined on 6/9/2014Their service and ambiance stood out the most. Everyone (was with a group of 10) really enjoyed their food. Also notable is that the salads and desserts are generous portions (aka abundant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014I have never been disappointed in Mistral Restaurant. It had been some time since I had dined at Mistral's and decided it would be a great place or lunch with a dear friend. She raved about the menu and the delicious lunch and this was someone who has dined at the finest restaurants in the Bay Area. Congratulations!Special Features:
- Mistral never disappointsJenniVIPDined on 6/7/2014Had the scallops, they were amazing. Excellent service and good wine list.Special Features:
- Special occasionCarlmontdinerDined on 6/5/2014Great food. Great service. What more can be said. The owner is gracious customer focused prepares great food in an enjoyable setting. I recommend Mistral to anyone lolling for a special evening to share with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - BRING BACK DUCK SALAD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Had not been there for a few months. Come to find out they've removed the Duck Confit Salad from the menu. BRING IT BACK. Good place for a business lunch, attentive but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014Good drinks and ambiance but dinner was subpar. Order the halibut and paella. More suited for drinks and a pizza.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014We hadn't been to Mistrals in a few years before this past weekend. I was a little concerned when glossing over the reviews after booking our reservations. But honestly, we didn't have one negative experience. The food tasted of fresh, quality ingredients, it was served piping hot, and promptly. Our waitress (Jamie?), was terrific, and even the bus boys were on top of it; Serving Bread, taking plates, refilling water. Overall we were really happy with the service and food.Special Features:
- fantastic dinnerjudgethegoodandbadDined on 5/30/2014If you ever have the opportunity to have dinner at Mistral DO IT! Their dinner menu isn't large but I believe that's why the food is delicious. We had dinner there last night and they have a drink special. I was feeling like something new but hesitated because wasn't sure I'd like it. Our server told us that the owner would rather we try and if we didn't like send back rather than NOT trying. So impressed. They obviously value their return customers! My steak was cooked exactly right and my husband had the sole which he said was fantastic. A great dinner and someplace we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.