370 Bridge Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mistraldining.com/
- Phone: 6508029222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; BEGINNING AUGUST 1ST, 2010, Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Tim Fabatz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms and the covered patio are available for private dining, business dinners, banquets, cocktail parties, weddings, and special events. Although we are not open for regular dining on Sundays, we are available for special events such as weddings, receptions, and other large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Maritza Stabile 8776436657
A word from Mistral
Mistral’s California cuisine is very Mediterranean-influenced, and focuses on serving the best local ingredients available. Chef Tim Fabatz serves up an immensely popular daily fresh fish special and has excellent seafood and shellfish offerings on the seasonally current regular menu. Mistral is committed to being responsible to the environment and to the people around us; therefore our seafood is from sustainable sources, our beef is hormone-free Certified Angus, naturally-raised pork, lamb and chicken are of the best quality available, organic produce is used wherever possible, and no trans fats are used in any recipe preparations. Mistral is a destination restaurant for anniversaries & birthdays, and has an off-the-beaten-path ambiance with year-‘round patio dining and water views, an outdoor fireplace, and plenty of outside heaters. Two private rooms and the covered patio are available for private dining, business dinners, banquets, cocktail parties, weddings, and special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mistral reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mahi Tacos are the Bomb!alamedagirlDined on 5/15/2013This is my first attempt at the Mahi tacos and I highly recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, really good serviceToddfDined on 5/14/2013Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at dinner. The food was amazing and unique. Everyone got something different that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really like Mistral. It isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013really like Mistral. It is excellent but it seems like it has gotten more expensive.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellent. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Dinner was excellent. One diner ordered lamb and said it was the best he had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow the kitchen wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2013Very slow the kitchen was backed up and we had nearly an hour between appetizers and the main course.
- Wonderful food as always.RoseVIPDined on 4/27/2013Wonderful food as always. I loved the blue cheese mashed potatoes with my filet.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and theLIndaVIPDined on 4/25/2013We had a great meal and the staff was very patient as one in our party was almost one hour late. Thank you.Special Features:
- The food is always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/23/2013The food is always consistent so I never hesitate to take people there. The staff is always willing to please; friendly and professional. Great place for dinner or lunch. Their outdoor space is great both in the summer and winter (covered with heaters). Its location is great; easy to get in and out parking pretty good. Busy so make reservations even during the week. Lots of local businesses seem to have events and get togethers there.Special Features:
- First time we have ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2013First time we have ever had such a poor dinner here. I have always lovedthis restaurant! The bread tasted 5 days old and is usually the best part. The shrimp bisque I couldn't even finish because it was so thick and bland. My fish the special, was bland and uneventful. The chocolate gaunache dessert was as usual outstanding. Heading back for lunch party on Friday hopefully will be better.Special Features:
- A little expensive for brunch.bianVIPDined on 4/14/2013A little expensive for brunch. The fritto misto was great though a bit large for two if combined with a brunch plate each. The coffee was plentiful and tasty and the view is relaxing. There is plenty of space on the heated covered patio (the restaurant is enormous). I liked the location on the whole although the pricing was a little high for a mid-tier brunch. Our server was also great and communicated well with the staff.Special Features:
- With my wife we celebratedVladDined on 4/9/2013With my wife we celebrated our anniversary at Mistral. Service was perfect, food was delicious, location is convenient. Highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent food & service,goodfoodVIPDined on 4/9/2013excellent food & service, great staff, it's our favorite restaurant since we have moved to this area. the chef is very creative with new itemsSpecial Features:
- Just an overall great restaurantRosanneFDined on 4/5/2013Just an overall great restaurant perfect for any occasion.
- Had an awesome time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/2/2013Had an awesome time celebrating my guy's bday. It was his first time and he was thoroughly impressed. Bravo!Special Features:
- We chose to sit on the "patio"OnoliciousVIPDined on 3/19/2013We chose to sit on the "patio" at lunchtime. Noise level was very loud, we coud hardly hear each other across the table; but it was our choice....will remember to reserve a table inside the restaurant the next time. WE had to wait quite a long time for our food to be be served after we ordered. thought the wine list was very pricey....nothing under $40 - at lunch! Will still go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Don't overdo itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2013It was "ok." Nothing great. Had a fish dish and it was just too complicated with sauce and extras-- I like plainer dishes that taste good without stuff all Over them.
- Great Food; Not Great Wine PricesPickNickVIPDined on 3/15/2013Mostly loved Mistral. Hadn't been there for awhile and was happy to see that they'd enclosed the patio, added an outdoor fireplace, etc. The food was great. I had lunch there with a friend; she had the Nicoise Salad and liked it very much. I had the Thai Beef Salad and thought that it was wonderful. Also, our server was very attentive. My only complaint is that $18 for a glass of Chardonnay ( especially at lunch) is ridiculous. That alone might make me reluctant to return. At the very least, the restaurant ought to offer a less expensive Chard alternative. All of the other restaurants on the Peninsula do, and the $18 a glass price left me with a less positive feeling about Mistral than I would have had otherwise.Special Features:
- Great mahi tacos!coastsidemomVIPDined on 3/11/2013Mistral remains one of my favorite restaurants. Whether for lunch or dinner, it is consistently good - attentive but not overbearing service, a varied menu that offers plenty of choices but not overwhelming, always fresh ingredients, and a lovely setting over the lagoon. On this last visit I had the blackened mahi tacos - 3 large chunks of seasoned fish with pico de gallo and a chipotle mayo to fill a handful of soft corn tortillas. A crunchy shaved salad is served on the side which can go in the tacos or be eaten alone. Truly delicious! Mistral can always be counted on to satisfy my taste buds in a friendly and attractive environment. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Mistral continues to be abusyfoodieDined on 3/8/2013Mistral continues to be a vibrant and intimate dining experience. I especially liked the blood orange liquer and vodka cocktail, the name of which escapes me. The seabass dish I had was ambitious in its concept: sauted seabass dressed with crabmeat on risotto in a bed of arugula, however the ingredients all melted together with minimum distinguishable texture nor taste. The service is efficient and friendly and time to get the dish was unhurried and just right.Special Features:
- Found this restaurant onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Found this restaurant online while on a business trip. A gem, great food and service.Special Features:
- Mistral has been one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2013Mistral has been one of my husband's and my favorite restaurants since about 25 years ago. Whenever our friends visit us from Japan and other parts of the U.S., we choose Mistral to entertain them.Special Features:
- Mistral is a favorite, soRobertDined on 3/2/2013Mistral is a favorite, so it pains me a bit to have to complain of the service. We were seated promptly, and then the wait began. Finally an apologetic server came by to inform us that he had just been told that he was to wait our table. It never really got better. While the service wasn't dismal, it took the shine off of our evening. Our party enjoyed the food selections, except for the duck confit spring rolls, which were bland and served barely warm in the middle. We found the wine list, which is heavily California-centric but pretty eclectic, on the pricey side, especially for the wines-by-the-glass selections.Special Features:
- Not a quiet place for conversationShawnVIPDined on 3/1/2013We ordered Risotto and Paella. Unfortunately, both were undercooked and you could feel the rice grain crunch. We were sitting in the patio and the next table (party of 6) were extremely loud and even became louder as the drinks keep coming. This was the second time that we had such an experience at the dinner time. Unfortunately the staff are not/can not be helpful with loud customers. Go for lunch. It is the only time you will enjoy a reasonable conversation at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance to findDaveVIPDined on 3/1/2013Wonderful ambiance to find in a residential neighborhood, very nice, peaceful waterfront views. The food is sometimes great, but sometimes just so-so. If they could up their game with consistently great food, this place would be unbeatable.Special Features:
- Three of us had the crab andFlyingdinerDined on 2/27/2013Three of us had the crab and prawn salad and one had the Kobe beef french dip. I was very disappointed in the amount of crab, no more than a couple tbsps. I guess I expected a larger serving of crab. There were three good sized prawns. The Kobe beef was thinly sliced and was very dry, very small meat serving. We had the Fritto misto appetizer and it never disappoints, always delicious.Special Features:
- My chicken parmesan was stoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2013My chicken parmesan was stone cold. Was my birthday lunch so I couldn't bear to send it back. My previous lunch there was bad; thought it was a fluke. Won't go back; service is bizarre; was never offered another glass of wine, and took awhile for them to offer me my first glass. :(
- My friend and I enjoyed allLilyjanDined on 2/16/2013My friend and I enjoyed all that we ordered. She had squash stuffed ravioli and I had short ribs stroganoff. I enjoyed my order so much I can't wait to go back to have it again. We shared a Caesar salad were Pleased that it came already divided. We ordered an apple cranberry dessert which was the only Mediocre part of the meal. We had coffee with our dessert and it was very good so I asked for A refill and when I drank it I found it to be cold. If we had ended our meal before the last course, we would have been even more Satisfied.Special Features:
- blackened ahi was wonderful.disappointedVIPDined on 2/15/2013blackened ahi was wonderful. the management, not so much.
- Need new menu and trained serversLikaVIPDined on 2/14/2013I am a regular, and while the food is good, I wish they renew their menu more often, and train their servers better (all fish is ALWAYS frozen?:))Special Features:
- We've been fans of MistralRobertDined on 2/14/2013We've been fans of Mistral for years. Whether we go for a light dinner to something heartier we come away with smiles. The wine list is interesting and the waitstaff seems very well informed about the wine options. The menu allows dining options to meet most tastes, from fairly simple salads with fresh fish to hearty fare such as lamb shank and steaks.Special Features:
- When we first arrived, weSueZeeQueVIPDined on 2/12/2013When we first arrived, we had to compete with a table of 4 women who were very loud - particularly one woman's shrieking laugh. It was so loud, we had difficulty hearing one another. They appeared to be close to completing their dinner, so I did not ask to be moved. I will not make that mistake again. We were with my son who lives very far away & don't get to see him often. I was disappointed we were seated so very close to these women. We have eaten there several times, but wish they had been more sensitive to the noise level we had to endure.
- It was our first time herekappVIPDined on 2/12/2013It was our first time here and we enjoyed our experience. The menu offers many choices; new and quite different. All of our selections were excellent and our waitress, (Tanya) was wonderful. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- A big disappointment thisOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/12/2013A big disappointment this time, The Kobe beef was some type of commercial processed beef that was sliced like lunchmeat that you buy off the shelves in supermarkets. It was tough, dry and nearly inedible. The waiter didn't explain any of the daily specials, took a lot of time before taking our orders and never appeared again until presenting my signed AMEX bill just before we left the restaurant -- I had to flag down the buy boy to get someone's attention that I was ready to pay my bill. The host and staff we very friendly--this and the french fries were the only positive things about our lunch.
- Sunday brunches are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/10/2013Sunday brunches are always nice at Mistral. Keep up the good work and Jazz ensembles on the patio!
- First time and was pleasantlyRoccaVIPDined on 2/9/2013First time and was pleasantly surprised. Service was efficient and friendly. Menu has something for everyone. If your looking for a good place with good food in Redeood City/Belmont area try it.
- You should a new category GREATDannyBDined on 2/5/2013You should a new category GREAT FOR BUSINESS DISCUSSIONS/MEETINGSSpecial Features:
- Excellent breakfast, breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2013Excellent breakfast, breakfast drinks and good service, friendly waiters.Special Features:
- Amazing MistralOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2013Fantastic friendly local restaurant in a quiet area.Special Features:
- Food was good although weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/2/2013Food was good although we were seated outside on a cold evening. The tarped ambience wasn't what we would have requested.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable meal.josephDined on 2/2/2013We had an enjoyable meal. It is a bit loud, but we are senior citizens with hearing difficulties. Everything was very nice and we will go again.Special Features: