Mistral Jewel Box
2020 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
Mistral Jewel Box
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mistral-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 2066231922
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Belickis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mistral Kitchen and Jewel Box are available for catered events. Please contact our private dining coordinator for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Jewelbox room can be reserved for events with our personal event coordinator. Almost anything is possible including flowers, custom seating arrangements.
We can accommodate up to 40 guests for seated dining, or up to 65 for a standing cocktail party. Please contact our private dining coordinator for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Johannson 206-623-1922
A word from Mistral Jewel Box
The Mistral Jewel Box is an intimate, fine dining room within Mistral Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mistral Jewel Box reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- AMAZINGLindsBVIPDined on 8/30/2014Mistral is our favorite restaurant in Seattle. The Jewel Box is an amazing dining experience! The food is to die for and the service is great! If you do the 8 course meal, I highly recommend, be prepared for a 3 hour relaxing dinner with a bottle or two of wine! Trust the servers for recommendations on wine and if you want to spend a little more do the wine pairing! You wont regret it!Special Features:
- Chef MenueTesterDined on 8/28/2014If you have 3 or more hours of time, go there. Fish is outstanding.Special Features:
- Spectacular as alwaysMichaelDined on 7/26/2014We ate at the Chef's Table in the Jewel Box at Mistral, and it is one of the pinnacles of excellence in the Seattle area -easily outpaces most tasting menus in the city, and competes mightily with those few at the top. The courses were presented beautifully, elegantly plated, and delicious. The hosts graciously met our request for some wine replacements, and the special cocktail (available only at the Chef's Table) was fantastic. This is our 4th trip to the Chef's Table and the service, food, and experience have always been top notch. The only mar on an otherwise delightful evening was the construction across the street. A minor visual blight, and closed shades made it non-distracting. Another excellent experience - most highly recommended!Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Mistral Jewel Box reviews archive.
- Strange serviceSEAdinnerVIPDined on 3/1/2014This is a tasting menu with just the proteins listed. So it's key for the waiter to explain each dish. Instead our waiter just plop each dish down and walk way. How odd. The food was good but unexceptional. Not a good value for the price.
- Excellent food, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2014We came here for a Valentine's weekend dinner so it was probably busier than usual. As expected, the food was absolutely wonderful and exquisite. Every bite of every dish we had was wonderful and completely a treat. We were primarily disappointed in the service. There was SO MUCH TIME between each dish. Our 5 course dinner was 3 hours long and really dragged on. On top of that: - no offer to take our coats when we first sat down - after sitting down, it was a good 5-10 minutes before anyone even greeted us, gave us a menu or poured water for us - no offer for tea or coffee to go with our dessert - no one ever came by to ask how our food was The only decent service was from the wine sommelier who spoke to us with enthusiasm.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience.JoeHDined on 1/4/2014Food was delicious and the service was world class! My date and I were blown away. We will both highly recommend the Jewel Box to all of our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, superb wine!prezDined on 12/24/2013This was a perfect Christmas eve dinner. It was quiet, and comfortable, and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. Each dish was a beautiful surprise, which made it even better, and the wine pairing was notable. We had some wines we would not have chosen that were fantastic with the food, and most of the food was exceptional. We were happy, and would go back. The service was good, although a bit precious. Details of the food (and wine) were explained to us, sometimes in a way that seemed overly pretentious, although I suspect it was just meant to make us feel comfortable. At one point, when I cleaned my plate, the server said "good job!" to me. A bit overly familiar for an elegant and very expensive dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Christmas Eve Dinner EVERFredDined on 12/24/2013This is by far the best place I have ever took my wife to. Located in the heart of Seattle, I was so glad to get last minute reservations. The waiter was wonderful, he knew everything. The best part about the meal was that we didn't pick the courses. They had a great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're a foodie...skipberyVIPDined on 11/8/2013Expensive, but this multi-course experience from fresh ingredients will leave you very satisfied... Forget Canlis and some predetermined menu (and I love Canlis) -- this is an experience that is based upon ingredients. You get a menu of things fresh for that day and you can "opt out" of things you may not like -- the rest is up to the chef. Course after course comes out, with wines beautifully paired from aperitif to dessert.Special Features:
- Tasting optionGDO1Dined on 10/29/2013The food was excellent but the disappointment was that there was too much time between dishes. We added the wine pairings but the pours were small. For a $350 dinner it was disappointing. The chef/owner met us at the door and the table and he's very personable.Special Features:
- SurpriseBigGDined on 6/28/2013You tell them your aversions, and the Chef puts his best foot forward along with pairings. If you appreciate pleasant surprises.....I recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013Truly innovative and fresh. Chef William never fails to amaze us. We so enjoyed celebrating our wedding anniversary at Seattle's best restaurant. Thank you all for a memorable evening of perfect tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique dining experienceLayniacVIPDined on 5/14/2013Mistral is a place to luxuriate and savor some of the most delectable food creations.Special Features:
- Very nice meal, no complaints,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2013Very nice meal, no complaints, but simply way too expensive. $60 for matched wines for three glasses of wine is way above comparable pricing elsewhere. At these prices, I will not return.
- Dinner DisapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2013Tuesday night, early dinner and was seated in the farest corner of the restaurant. Counted 3 tables seated. The host pulled out one chair and could not get back to reading his book fast enough so i pulled the table back so my wife could sit down. was not offered a predinner beverage. the tasting course was tasty but waiting 30 minutes between bites was a bit much. Especially when you are basically alone among 8 empty tables. Maybe try eating at the bar but not dinner again.Special Features:
- just a fabulous experience....theellieVIPDined on 2/23/2013just a fabulous experience....the quality of the food and service outstanding. had the 6 course tasting menu where the hamachi crudo was soft and delicious, the lamb slices wonderful and scallops juicy. our server was smiling all the time and talkative yet professional. chef william came out to say hello which was an added perk. room was cozy and soft just perfect for a romantic dinner for 2. only thing was how to take home left over wine since they decanter the whole bottle so any residual wine is just thrown out. still, great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/19/2013We did the chef’s tasting menu with wine pairing. It was exquisite! The ladies that waited on us were beyond perfect in both mannerism and knowledge of both the food they were presenting and the wine they were serving. Having the chef to come out and talk to us was a treat. The highlight was the bartender coming table side to make an unbelievable cocktail. This entire “experience” is not cheap…but will worth the money.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butFinedinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013The food was very good, but the tasting menu wine selection was way over priced and under delivered.Special Features:
- We had the 8-course meal andBretWHVIPDined on 2/2/2013We had the 8-course meal and the food was all excellent. Such an amazing blend of options, collaborations and tastes.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in theBillymcVIPDined on 1/12/2013Some of the best food in the NW-This section of the restaurant is designed for smaller portions of very local and fresh veggies,seafoods, oysters, duck and lamb. Be sure to tell them if you have any food aversions so they can accommodate your needs. It is a place to settle in for about 2 and half hours for a very nice evening.Special Features:
- I didn't think the food andtjfoodieDined on 11/9/2012I didn't think the food and service were worth the cost. Our drinks took forever and the meal was not very well explained.
- Sadly, we won't be coming back...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012I wanted to like Mistral- I really did. But the night was overall kind of a bust, unfortunately. We called in advance because we have dietary restrictions, but completely understand that dietary restrictions are a chef's worst nightmare, especially with a tasting menu. They assured us over the phone, when we arrived and when our waiter came to our table that it was no problem. Then, of the 6 course tasting menu, 3 courses had dairy (my restriction) and 1 had pork (my husband's). We didn't say anything then-- we just ate around it or traded plates, but in retrospect, I'm totally annoyed. The food was fine-- some was great, other dishes needed a little something (salt, au jus). The service was slow. The restaurant, expensive.
- This was one of the most personalizGracefulVIPDined on 8/28/2012This was one of the most personalized, incredibly delicious and special dining experience!Special Features:
- A Wonderful Surprise in Seattle!AusDInerVIPDined on 7/28/2012Excellent, memorable dinner! Great service! We picked the 4 course tasting menu and the 3 wine flight and could not have been happier with our selection. It is one of the finest meals we have ever head.Special Features:
- Excellent pacing of courses!enjoylifeDined on 4/21/2012Excellent pacing of courses! A delightful experience for our party of 5. It was quiet so conversation was easily heard. The wine pairings were the perfect choice for the coursesSpecial Features:
- Expert attentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Expert attentive service. Over the top excellent food. Best in Seattle. William is a master chef.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/7/2012A very enjoyable experience with a unique menu. There isn't a menu per se; it's more of "what can you not eat in this list" and then they prepare a 4, 6, or 8 course meal just for you. Wine parings are available or you can select you own from a reasonably good wine list.Special Features:
- I felt like I was a luckyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012I felt like I was a lucky judge in the final round of Top Chef. The scallop was amazing. The seared foie gras just melted in your mouth. 07 Joseph Phelps Insignia was amazing! Great wine list.Special Features:
- The food was so-so. Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The food was so-so. Very friendly waiter - excellent service. You should know that they show you a list of the special food available and allow you to opt out if you don't care for them. Then they serve you whatever they way. It's a good idea because it feels mysterious and exciting. However, they served us something I hate and there was no mention of it on the list. You don't get to choose what you eat so it's important that you know all the possibilities. Some of the garnishes were wilted. If there are foods on the list you like I would specify that you want them. They portray it as if they choose what is fresh for the day, but it feels more like they make up the menu based on what extra food they have. The desserts were amazing
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2011This was our first time dining at the restaurant. I made the reservation months in advance based on Seattle Magazine naming it one of the Top 50 restaurants in Seattle. I must say we were not as thrilled with the experience as the editors at the magazine. As it was New Year's Eve the menu was an eight course dining experience. When we were seated (at 7pm) we were one of only two tables in the restaurant. Shortly after we sat down, two other two-tops were seated on either side of us...so it should follow that our three tables would be on the same schedule. But the timing of the evening was off (we were there for 3 1/2 hours). We sat for LONG periods between courses and we had to ask for the check. The food was just ok. We won't return.Special Features:
- Innovative food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2011Innovative food and excellent service. We had a 6-menu course. Great place for special occasion.Special Features:
- A little bit too noisy. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011A little bit too noisy. The old mistral was much quieter.
- Tremendous food, wine, andjafbDined on 11/1/2011Tremendous food, wine, and service. Thoughtfully executed. Very romantic setting.Special Features:
- This restaurant aspires toreddevilDined on 10/28/2011This restaurant aspires to a level it hasn't achieved. E. g., there was a piece of shell in the oyster amuse bouche. There was also a piece of shell in the scallop dish. The braised short ribs were rather chewy and included bits of gristle. The waiter lacked polish (spilled wine on the tablecloth) and was clearly not well versed on the wines being served. For the price, not a good value. Try the casual side.
- All time favorite. FoodDisappointedVIPDined on 8/20/2011All time favorite. Food is always cook to perfection and the dessert from the new pastry chef made the entire experience even better.Special Features:
- Chef's table is worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2011Awesome evening at the Chef's table! I'll remember it forever.Special Features:
- Warm, Modern, Unique, and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011Interesting, but well balanced flavors. Good diversity with courses. Best rabbit I have ever had. Great decor. Modern and fresh without being cold. Friendly service. We liked the option of formal or more relaxed dining. Take home macaroons were a hit! Thank you.Special Features:
- service slow but I think thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011service slow but I think that is their plan as it is a tasting menu that is to be an entire evening eventSpecial Features:
- Course menu is like FrenchSamuraiDined on 3/12/2011Course menu is like French dining - expect to spend 3 hours+ enjoying delicacies that will tantilize your taste buds. Great wine selection to compliment the meal. The service is friendly but feels like they are still working the kinks out - the wait staff are not as knowlegable about the wine/food as one might expect at a high-end joint like this. If you go for the 8 course meal along with a bottle of wine - expect to drop $350 for 2. All in all - a great special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Had the Valentine's 7 courseJonaVIPDined on 2/14/2011Had the Valentine's 7 course tasting menu. I was there alone and was fortunate to be seated at the Chef's table. The menu was outstanding with interesting combinations of flavors. I really enjoyed it.Special Features: