Mistral at Loews Coronado Bay Resort
4000 Loews Coronado Bay Rd.
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Mistral at Loews Coronado Bay Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dineatmistral.com/
- Phone: 6194244000x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday to Sunday: 6pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Adam Cho
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The breathtaking water views of Mistral and award winning cuisine provide the perfect backdrop for your next event. Whether your dinner is business or social, the staff at Mistral can ensure a perfect evening for you and your guests. Group menus are available for parties of 12 or more. Choose from one of our three-course prix fixe menus or for the ultimate Mistral dining experience, try our signature tasting menu. Custom menus can also be designed based on your preferences. The entire restaurant can be reserved for up to 110 guests. Food and beverages minimums apply and depend on night of week. Menu prices are subject to service charge and tax.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Cho 6194244000x
- Special Events: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Silver Strand
- Public Transit: Complimentary valet or self-parking is available for local guests dining in Mistral. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Validation for complimentary self-parking or valet parking is available.
A word from Mistral at Loews Coronado Bay Resort
At Mistral, Chef Adam Cho will blend his collection of sweeping cultural experiences into a global-fusion menu that highlights his penchant for shareable plates, Mediterranean flavors and his love of seafood. Our chefs select the finest, responsibly-grown ingredients to take you on a delicious journey along the Mediterranean Coast. Robust, intense flavors are prepared with brilliant and innovative techniques and infused with the freshest herbs from the resorts own garden. Open Wednesday through Sunday from 6pm to 10pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mistral at Loews Coronado Bay Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)special occasion (12)romantic (11)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceEdtitenallDined on 8/23/2014Great ambiance, wonderful food, friendly chef, exceptional concierge.Special Features:
- Great food and service!eaglepb18Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Loews Coronado and our dinner at Mistral was excellent! Perfect! I feel they went above and beyond when they didn't have to. Will come back again for sure!Special Features:
- richardDined on 8/20/2014Ouch. Nothing worked. Service was at a snail's pace or slower.
- LuvnewplacesDined on 8/2/2014Mistral is beautifully located in Coronado. It has a fantastic view of the bay and the city. The problem is the food. It was way overcooked and not tasty. The salad came in what looked like cereal bowls and was tasteless. For the price, I would not go there again. The best thing was the service, the view, and the wine and bread at the beginning. Desserts were good also. The rest was terrible. I know they are currently closed and are remodeling. Hopefully, it will mean a new menu and chef!Special Features:
- No Disappointment Here!jcmbearDined on 7/12/2014How often haven't we gone out for a nice dinner and been disappointed in one way or another? Well, not at Mistral. The ambiance was great (awesome view), the wait staff were charming (personal stop-by from the chef) and the food was classy and tasty (including a true medium-rare steak!). We had the $29 sunset 3-course special, which was an excellent value. The Bombe dessert was a fitting finale to a well-spent evening. We will return...Special Features:
- Hotel DiningTryanythingfoodDined on 6/20/2014This was our last place we dined during our trip to San Diego and we had a lot of great meals. The food was great and it was nice to have the chef come out and check on us a couple of times. We had the Chef's Charcuterie Board, which was a mix of cheeses and meats. The smoke salmon done in house was the best I have ever had. I could've had a plate of it for a meal. If you like smoked salmon, you really need to get here. I had the duck and waffle which was cooked perfectly. I finished with an apricot tart. I love apricot so this was an extra treat. The food was also reasonably priced which was a real value considering the rest of the hotel is not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Very disappointed because it was a special occasion and the food was bad. I never ever return food but had to return a 26.00 uneatable pork chop. So disappointed to spend so much money.
- Great Food!AdamDined on 6/14/2014It was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The waiters were very respectful, the view of the bay was spectacular, and the steak and the truffle oil french fries were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't recommendNotsoDined on 5/30/2014Entrees with no vegetable is not good at these prices. Noise level was very loud from RV'ers & no one asked them to "keep it down' ". Not a very romantic venue for an anniversary celebration. Charged $50 for the same wine we ordered at $28. Gift card for $75 was mistaken for a 5% discount card. Would not recommend for any function. Duck on a waffle not a very good combo.Special Features:
- Great view and food!SummerLuvinDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant has a unique curved layout allowing for great views of the bay all the way through. The floor to ceiling windows allow for the entire restaurant to have great views actually. The food was spectacular; our server suggested the tasting menu which allowed us to try a little of everything and it was a great idea. The strawberry and kale salad was amazing as was the steak and chocolate bomb dessert. I also tried their spicy mojito, which actually has jalapeno extracts/juice... I do not like spicy food but this was truly unique and savory! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Mistral experienceMurphy12Dined on 5/23/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. The service was impeccable. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Food was delicious and the menu interesting and varied. We loved everything about this restaurant. I would highly recommend going for a lovely evening to MistralSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Food is OKDebiDined on 5/17/2014Our server was outstanding. We visited from Colorado for our 35th anniversary and stayed at Loews. While we were very impressed with the view, server, and wine, we must say the food was no where near as good as George's California Modern or Top of the Market where we also dined during our trip. Both of the other locations we ate at offered us a special treat at no extra charge since it was our 35th anniversary. After reading glowing reviews in Fodor's and Frommer's we were expecting a bit better fare at Mistral.Special Features:
- The following 329 reviews are from the Mistral at Loews Coronado Bay Resort reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014We were staying at the hotel and I took my husband there for his birthday. It was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what to expectMarkVIPDined on 4/23/2014I had read the reviews and was "under-whelmed" when entering the restaurant. It was quiet, the decor is somewhat stark - although a beautiful view. The service was hit and miss - although Daniel was very passionate and knowledgeable about the menu - and did a great job of describing the various items. Michael was extremely knowledgeable about the restaurant, the new menu, the wine offerings, and was very efficient and did his utmost best to ensure we enjoyed our evening. To our surprise - the food was really amazing and made up for the minor slip ups that we encountered with the timing of our food arriving. I think this restaurant has great potential - and if it's great food and service you are looking for then this is the place
- Great food and amazing views!KasiaDined on 4/16/2014I would absolutely recommend Mistral. The service was great, food was awesome, and views are incredible. Very great date night restaurant or for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Mistral on Coronado Islanhdk135Dined on 4/10/2014Excellent food and a very friendly and professional staff make this restaurant inviting and pleasing. It is located in the Loews Coronado Bay Resort on Coronado Island off San Diego. Beautiful views so try for a window table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Excellent!!MarycelaDined on 4/6/2014Great service, delicious food, nice view and enjoyable ambient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family restaurant in resort hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014This is not the sophisticated french restaurant described online. The waiter describes it as tapas, but it's not really that either. Perfectly adequate family restaurant with an identity crisis. Starters only recommended.Special Features:
- Celebrationlovefresh10Dined on 3/15/2014A 40th Anniversary gem- small plates-lots of choices- a sunset view!! All about good service-accomodating to serial diets-wait staff really knowledgeable-great valets too!Special Features:
- InterestingNotcookedenoughDined on 3/14/2014We were one of two couples in the entire restaurant. Service was as expected excellent as there was no one in the restaurant. The problem was the main course. We both ordered the salmon special as it sounded delicious. The problem was that the salmon was cooked on the outside and raw on the inside. Basically ruined our appetites after taking the first few bites. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Portions were small, the menucaitDined on 3/8/2014Portions were small, the menu was very expensive and fuood was miediocre.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!MarycelaDined on 3/1/2014Very sophistacated and modern! Delicious food! Friendly service!! Beautifull View!! Everything was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingVdayDinnerDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I came to Mistral for a Belated Valentine's Day dinner and everything was absolutely perfect!! The service was unbeliveable and the food was absolutely mouthwatering. There is not one thing we would have changed. Definitely our new favorite restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service slow and overall notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014service slow and overall not as polished as we would expect
- Too much server trafficLuv2dineDined on 2/15/2014Although the overall ambience and view is quite lovely, the layout of the restaurant means that a server will be whizzing by your table every minute or two throughout the evening, unless you are seated by the window and looking outward. The servers all walk very quickly, and although they are quiet, the high level of activity was distracting. It may be with attention to staffing and server station size and layout that this activity could be reduced.Special Features:
- Valentine Day Dinner to forgetNoelCVIPDined on 2/14/2014I can't believe the management could serve such pretentious fluff . Serving up pseudo continental food at a price they should be ashamed off . Calling it a fixed price menu. On top of the poor food experience to be told that they had no wine glasses and we're serving the wine in water glasses. The management are giving the message to their customers. We don't care just take it or leave it. The waiter then announced an 18 percent gratuity which was not advertised. It was refused without any problem. After all the derivation of TIP a 200 year old acronym means to improve performance. There is a cold ambience no quiet music and a room so dark that it is difficult to read the menu.Customers should be aware of the experience awaiting them.
- Always a fine dining experiencefun2dineVIPDined on 1/29/2014Once you get past the cranky gentleman at the desk you shall experience staff that may be the finest in the area. This includes our old friend, Austin, who is still impressing the guests with his drive. Service is paramount, from the parking valets to the food runners. Most impressive. The restaurant always is dressed in beautiful decor and there is quite a view. The hotel itself seems to be attracting more convention business and this reflects in the upswing for Mistral, which has been reinvented yet again . We love this latest iteration, designed by a new chef, described as Korean and a sushi specialist. Whatever his background, the man has constructed a wonderful menu of small plates and half portion entrees that are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible atmosphere and ineptOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/4/2014Terrible atmosphere and inept service ruined an otherwise decent meal. The whole Loews Coronado property is dreadful -- it looks like a tacky condo development. On our visit, a large and noisy party had taken over the restaurant, which should have been closed to the public. The best the manager could offer was "We never know what to expect with these large groups." The servers attempted to be friendly and engaging but were mostly intrusive. The loud, pulsating background music was hopelessly wrong. The food wasn't bad -- the black cod and arctic char entrees were not inspired but were well cooked and nicely presented. Still, this place needs to be completely rethought.Special Features:
- Weird and whyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013This could be a great place but Lowes is in such disarray and the employes don't care enough to fix it. Restaurant was OK but that doesn't cut it in today's market. Don't botherSpecial Features:
- Nothing spectacularICemanVIPDined on 12/25/2013We celebrated family Christmas at Mistrals and expected more. The pre-set holiday menu was a bit confusing and of very trite portions except the main course. The lamb was the best selection and was well prepared. It was about the only course that made it worth while. The fruit cake was chocolate based and dry. The 18% built in gratuity was bit obnoxious on top of what was already an overpriced meal. The resort itself was quite disappointing as well. We expected something grandeur.Special Features:
- Tasty with Great ServiceTheLadyStephanieVIPDined on 12/20/2013Dined here for a friend's birthday and the food was great. We shared appetizers and each one was outstanding. Would definitely go there again and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly Average MealsmilesishareVIPDined on 12/14/2013Poor lighting, stained chairs. The food was fine - decent pricing and tasted fine. One person ordered the steak medium and was highly undercooked - which obviously is correctable - but it is also not the greatest situation where the rest of us eat while he waits for his meal to return. They were apologetic and did remove the charge for his meal - which was a VERY nice gesture. Since our waiter was no where in sight by the time the steak done-ness issue was realized - we had to ask another waiter if he could let our waiter know we needed him. The entry and large stairway in the hotel is lovely and was nicely decorated for the holidays. It was also special to see all of the decorated boats outside as well as a large gingerboat display inside.
- Anniversary dinnerHappyAnnivDined on 11/30/2013We had a first anniversary celebration and everything was perfect. We even had a special dessert brought to us. The view is fantastic and all personnel wonderful. Can t wait to go back!Special Features:
- From the time we stepped throughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/29/2013From the time we stepped through the restaurant, the service was impeccable. My husband's steak was perfection. My bass was a little too salty but the accompanying endame succotash side was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent mealDavidDined on 11/28/2013It was nice to enjoy a fantastic evening of dining. The meal was excellent as was the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013The hostess did not have our reservation. That took a while to straighten out. Service was very slow after the first course. Food was good, though my turkey was a bit dry, as was my husband's pork loin. Then we spent at least 20 minutes watching staff rearrange tables for a party of 20, while our sort of empty plates sat in front of us. Dessert was a total disappointment. The absolute icing on the cake was getting to spend $15 for 3 hours of parking, on top of the $280 we spent for a barely average restaurant meal for four persons. Our sons enjoyed having prime rib instead of the traditional turkey, but on the whole, the experience was not one I would repeat.Special Features:
- Perfect!BrianDined on 10/25/2013The food was outstanding but it started with the sweet man who seated us and asked us if it was alright. The waiter and his team was fantastic! His descriptions were excellent and his recomendations were perfect for my tastes! I suppoose one doesn't always have the same tastes as another so, it could be risky to tell someone what your favorite is but for me is was spot on. The dessert was very nice, chocolate something we shared and it's always nice to eat well and leave without feeling stuffed. Sometimes it's tough to monitor oneself this way but the Chef's portion sizes were really appropriate. Well worth the expense!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveslbearDined on 10/23/2013Small plates let you try a lot of different things, which I like. Standouts were the maytag dates, risotto with bacon, broccolini with simple olive oil and salt, striped bass, and the milk chocolate bomb with banana desert. OK - we loved almost everything we got - maybe should have not ordered the endive, because we were too full, and it was only very good. Wine list is good, if not a little expensive. Service is outstanding - would have been too much if they weren't all so nice to talk to. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy once you get here. We had a good if not distant view of the bay bridge, and I would say this is probably a great sunset spot at the right time of year.Special Features:
- Food Was HorribleFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2013For the cost of the food, I wish it was actually edible. The caprese salad was tasteless except for the dried out pumpkin that was obviously cut with a knife used to cut raw fish. Had to spit it out. I love kale. I eat it everyday. The kale salad was wilted and chewy with a bad dressing. My husband's strip steak was very fatty throughout. He has to do surgery on the steak in order to get edible pieces. The only dish I actually ate (and keep in mind that I always clean my plate - I love food) was the truffle Mac n cheese. That was delicious. The service was wonderful and the view by the window was romantic. But the food was awful. And because of that I refused to eat anything else at the hotel. Mistral was supposed to be good. It's not.
- Food, ambience, graciousness,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013Food, ambience, graciousness, knowledge about food, and the desire to please are all highlighted throughout the dining experience.Special Features: