3720 North Josey Lane #118
Carrollton, TX 75007Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.misto-bistro.com/
- Phone: 9728073808x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Janet Jeffords Parr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer everything on our bistro menu and our catering menu. Call us and Kristy will work you to find the best menu for your special occasion
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back room will seat 30, or the entire facility.
- Private Party Contact: Kristy Martin 9728073808x
We have free Wi-Fi, and we open our outside patio on nice days. Our bar features a nice selection of domestic and import beers, variety of wines by the glass or bottle, signature cocktails, after dinner drinks and an espresso for the road!.
Misto-Bistro, restaurant, bar and gathering place....
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
- Good food for the pricewinelvrDined on 9/3/2014At our first visit to this bisto nearby our home, we found the food to be hot and tasty, but nothing special. Orders included Thai shrimp nachos, redfish, and BBQ. Service was fair during the dinner hour. They were still out of the Meiomi Pinot Noir, best option on their wine list, following restaurant week. We are undecided whether or not to try again.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant in Carrollton, TXreallyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service is good, for a suburbia restaurant. The atmosphere is above average for the area and it is a great addition to Carrollton. More upscale than all the chain restaurants. We plan to return to try their Prix Fixe menus, which change daily. The Chef and her husband own the place.Special Features:
- Carrollton Gem, but Average for DFWCarrolltonPatronsDined on 8/23/2014Stand-out dishes tried are Fried Green Tomatoes, Grits and Tomato Bisque. Most other dishes are quite average. This place does stand out for fine dining inside the City of Carrollton, but its standing pales when comparing to all other fine dining places in Dallas and its suburb.Special Features:
- happyeaterDined on 8/20/2014Overall the food was really good - but we had a service issue which may have caused the food issue. Our first 2 Restaurant Week courses arrived promptly and were excellent. We waited for our entrees. The server apologized several times for the delay and, at our request, brought us a basket of their mini biscuits. When our entrees arrived, my friend's flank steak consisted of 2 tiny strips and none of the promised grape tomato jam. The plate was filled with lettuce, apparently to make up for the tiny portion of steak. In contrast, my salmon was huge. We've had issues during RW before when the kitchen wasn't prepared for the number of covers on some items, but I don't know if that was the problem this time. It all tasted good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WannabeTreat2EatDined on 7/25/2014Misto Bistro has aspirations to be a neighborhood gem of a restaurant, but they haven't reached this goal. The food is good, but it doesn't provide value that merits its cost. The service ranged from amateur to awkward. The dog-eared menus and brown paper table coverings didn't make a good impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local restaurantJanisVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I had dined at Misto Bistro on several occasions. Last friday night we invited 6 of our friends to join us and they were very impressed. The location is not particularly sexy but the food is incrediable. Service is very good and knowledgable. We are regulars and will continue to recommend Misto Bistro to others. I would suggest avoiding the biscuts and cinammon butter as they become an addiction!Special Features:
- Great food.kwinklesDined on 7/12/2014We stopped by for dinner and really enjoyed the food. Tasty biscuits with apple butter, the salad looked plain with iceberg lettuce and I wasn't expecting a lot when they sat it down, but it had a sweet vinaigrette that was unique and delicious. I had the brisket and my wife had the misto redfish and we both thought it was great. The atmosphere was not great, it's in a strip mall and feels kinda weird with the tables up on a hollow riser, but the food was great and the staff was friendly and attentive. I live in Austin so I probably won't be back anytime soon, but if I were a local this would be a favorite for takeout even if the ambiance leaves something to be desired.
- Great food, great value!happyeaterDined on 7/9/2014We went in for the prix fixe menus of street tacos for $10. The food was amazing and to get that much for the price was incredible! I've been a fan of Janet and Brad since they opened, and they just keep doing it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Misto Bistro reviews archive.
- WinenutVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wine choices very limited..menu a bit scattered..quality of food good but not great
- Good food, cute restaurantAsianAttackDined on 5/24/2014The food was good, and the service was nice. I like the decor.Special Features:
- FabulousTisalsDined on 5/17/2014Food and service were excellent. Portions were sizable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Open Table Find!!!ontheroadjoeVIPDined on 5/6/2014I travel weekly throughout the United States and Canada. Open Table is my key to great one of a kind dinning experiences!!! Misto Bistro is now on that list. I had the gnocchi dish and it brought me back to my Tuscan Wedding!!! Executive Chef/owner Janet Parr came over to our table for a short chat and listening to her passion about food just made the experience all the better. When traveling the Dallas area again, I will be back!! Ciao....Special Features:
- Mistro BistroCinCarrolltonDined on 4/26/2014Wonderful family owned and operated in Carrollton, a great find! Enjoyed the red fish and chicken pasta. Both owners came out to me us, a nice touch. Eggplant appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyPattyannnDined on 3/22/2014The food was delicious and the service excellent. Thank you very much Betsy for explaining the menu and your patients . We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyLarboDined on 3/21/2014food was good. Thai shrimp nachos were very tasty but only 3 instead of 4 for a couple. Shrimp and Grits were good but a little to rich. Could also have a little better presentation. Pork Tacos had great flavor but served with sauteed veggies instead of a more traditional polenta or black bean side. Perhaps sauteed peppers and onions would be more compatible with pork tacos. We had the blonde brownie for dessert and it was very hard and probably a day old-would opt for fried pie on next visit. Our waitress was very good, timely with refills, and attentive to our needs. Thought is was a little pricey but enjoyed the food. Not an every week stop but good enough to be in the rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and Grits-To Die For!Top10VIPDined on 3/13/2014When you go here, please be certain to try the shrimp and grits, which is the best balance in flavors and textures in such a dish, that I have ever sampled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemEmpressZDined on 2/15/2014The food was worth the pricing. Our waiter was very personable and knowledgeable of the menu. My better half and I went Valentine's Day weekend and ordered the red fish...excellent!! Hidden location which I love. Has a nice crowd but not overly crowded as some restaurants can get. Perfect spot for those who love low-key classy places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Great food, great service. there were 4 people in my party and we all had something different to eat. we all loved the food. I had the BBQ beef---delicious! tender, juicy and just enough BBQ sauce. potato salad was awesome. someone else had the shrimp tacos. they were spicy but the red cabbage in the tacos cut down on the spice level. waiter was always there refilling water glasses, asking if we needed anything. i also loved the "story" behind the restaurant as outlined on the menu. nice overview of how the Misto Bistro came to be. atmosphere was relaxing and we didn't feel rushed to finish our meal. i will definitely go back. certainly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- In my neighborhood & not in Uptown?JanisVIPDined on 12/27/2013My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised to find Mistro Bistro right in our back yard. We typically drive downtown for great food but have this wonderful option just minutes from our house. They have a wide variety of gourmet selections at different price points to meet everyone's budget. They also had a nice selection of wines as this is important to us for a dining experience. We'll become regulars at Mistro Bistro and look forward to trying the other menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Gem in CarrolltonDKOTDVIPDined on 12/21/2013This location is a great spot to get a very reasonably priced lunch (sandwich, salad, po-boy, and other Louisiana and Southern style cuisine). The brunch is excellent as well and the apple butter and biscuits is definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu was varied, food verymichaelDined on 9/26/2013menu was varied, food very good, we had an excellent server with just the right touchSpecial Features:
- Friday evening suprise!noshwellDined on 9/13/2013Misto Bistro was a very pleasant surprise! Tucked into a strip shopping center, almost missed the restaurant, but so glad we didn't! A warm welcome, a pleasant room, great food and service made for a relaxing and satisfying finish to a very long work week. Don't pass on the biscuits and apple butter, melt in your mouth and worth every calorie! Will most certainly return, can't wait to try some of the other menu offerings!I would recommend this to a friend.
- a return to famehal52VIPDined on 8/29/2013After great disappointment at a past meal I had marked Misto off my list. I was dragged in for a meeting. Bang, new feelings abound. The food was excellent and the service just right. This was the Bistro I had fallen in love with.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!CarolDDined on 8/24/2013I have been to Misto Bistro multiple times and the service and food are consistently great for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not up to themapsimonDined on 8/21/2013The food was not up to the caliber of other restaurant week participants I've tried.Special Features:
- Misto Bistro -- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013We tried Misto Bistro for Restaurant Week because we loved their RW menu online. When we actually tasted what was on that menu, we fell in love with the place. From the roasted beet and pink grapefruit salad to the complimentary second course (yummy corn soup) to the mahi mahi entree, it was a wonderful dining experience. The piece de resistance was the dessert -- Orange Creamsicle Pie -- delicious and memorable. We will definitely be coming back to try more of the great dishes on their regular menu. So glad they were a part of RW 2013 so we could discover them this year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice casual spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Really enjoyed our first visit. Very friendly staff. Nice place. Food was outstanding. Arancini - a first for us - was excellent. Salad dressing on simple dinner salad was fantastic. Main courses were both first rate. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reaction when we said crabcakesDDRSDined on 8/7/2013No reaction when we said crabcakes were cold and food blandtee
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2013I'm not sure how it took us so long to find MIstro Bistro but I'm glad we did. We were looking for a place for dinner and wanted to something different than our regular spots. I'm glad I found this place. Close by, good food, friendly service, reasonable prices. What's not to like? We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary mealBillDined on 7/20/2013Open Table was great. Long line we got right in. I have had better service at Misto but as always everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemKazualKazDined on 7/20/2013Great, unique food that is very delicious. I ate the Red Fish which was fantastic and very filling. My wife had Crepes which was very tasty and enjoyable. How often does one find Crepes on a Dinner menu in the Metroplex?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!PeggyVIPDined on 6/16/2013I've been a fan of Misto Bistro since opening. Janet & Brad Parr have a fun and interesting twist on some old favorites. The Parrs treat diners as invited guests. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Misto BistroPeggyVIPDined on 6/12/2013Have been dining here regularly since opening; I'm delighted to have such a wonderful dining option close to home.Special Features:
- The food used to be good andhal52VIPDined on 4/18/2013The food used to be good and they used to pour good drinks. They have gone downhill. The beet salad was still excellent. The cocktail was shorted and the cod suffered from freezer burn.
- WE have never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013WE have never had a bad meal at Misto Bistro, never had any bad experience. But this was our least enjoyable experience there in that, while the service wasn't bad, it wasn't the usual outstanding. The waiter couldn't answer questions about the menu, was hard to understand, and service was a bit slow. I suspect he was new and should improve, but he made our evening less favorable than normal.Special Features:
- Great food. Good serviceMikeDined on 3/23/2013Great food. Good service but on occaision is bit slow or relaxed. Prix Fixe menus are a nice add on. New Sunday Brunch was excellent. Noise Level is acceptable but you can be seated too close to other parties.Special Features:
- Charming ambience. You canOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Charming ambience. You can actually talk to another person. Food excellent And arranged by price. Varied menu, some French, excellent redfish. Prices Reasonable for type of food. Off beaten track in Carrollton strip mall but well Worth the trip. Note to self--go every month!Special Features:
- Wonderfully Fancy EstablishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013This restaurant was a delight to find in my neighborhood Carrollton. The outside is unassuming as it's in a shopping complex of buildinga. Once you step inside, you realize you're in a high class establishment with a casual feel. We were sat in a raised wood portion of the restaurant. The space is very tight, but there was still enough privacy where I didn't hear too much of the next table's conversation. The food was amazing. They had the best bread I've tasted in a long time. The dinner was served in courses, with just the right amount. I was very full by the time dessert came. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Thought the food was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Thought the food was a bit pricey for what it was.
- A fantastic neighborhood discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We went here for Valentines and it was fantastic. The service was good, the owners are personable, the food was delicious and the prices are very reasonable. This is a neighborhood bistro that will stay on our list of frequent visits.Special Features: