mister parker's - Parker Palm Springs
Parker Palm Springs, 4200 East Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
mister parker's - Parker Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.misterparkers.com/
- Phone: 7607705000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm until Herve and Jeremy go home
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Herve Glin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Masini 760-321-4629x
A word from mister parker's - Parker Palm Springs
Enter a different world, one that harkens sophistication and old-world charm. Don’t forget the food - delectable, decadent and divine. We look forward to welcoming you. PS – misbehaving is accepted, tardiness is not.Continued
For more changes to your reservation, please let us know.
For more changes to your reservation, please let us know.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
mister parker's - Parker Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (16)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Dark & Romantic!2dine4VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was very, very good. My steak had the perfect seasoning. However they didn't trim it well enough for me. The lighting in the room is very dim, consequently you can't see your food very well. A couple of time I had a mouthful of fat!! They supplied us with mini flashlights to see the menu. My husband and I used them to see the presentation of our meal when it was served. A little more light would be good. It was our anniversary and they brought out a desert to share. Chocoate Cake... very good.Special Features:
- Friends birthday celebrationDine4funDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter Steven was excellent....very knowledgeable and great personality. Our party enjoyed the tomato salad as well as the escargot. Our entrees were the sea bass, salmon and the steak au poivre, which were all very good and would definitely recommend. The dining room was beautiful and old Hollywood..... We really enjoyed our evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sexiest dinner in Palm SpringsladydVIPDined on 7/20/2014Decor and service are perfect. perfect. perfect. Food is always great here! Enjoyed Oysters, Duck, Octopus, great stuff. The wine list is fun. Desserts are always yummy!Special Features:
- One of our All Time Faves!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Both my hubs and I have years of restaurant work experience..him very fine dining and management...It's not that we are trying to be picky..but we have standards we hope are met that are appropriate for the particular dining spot we are in. Mister Parker's is one of our ALL TIME FAVORITES. The ambiance is beyond unique, the staff and menu are at the top of their game. We have been here twice and both times loved learning new things about this hidden gem. Our server, Steven Swanson (had to get his name because he was THAT GOOD) set us up with some great suggestions..everything was perfect and we know how hard that can be...I feel like we will start planning Palm Springs trips just to eat here soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth goingexecfwVIPDined on 6/28/2014The "door" should have said it all. There is no door; just a curtain. If you want to eat in a low ceiling, loud room with no ambiance, this is it. Reminds me of a basement rec room from the '50s. Steak good; risoto ok, nothing else ok. Potatoes cold. Wine selection ridiculous--all "boutique" wines--which to them means wines no one has heard of and over priced. Only thing unique is that you pour it all yourself except that first glass. Waitress never came back to pour any more the entire night. Service non existent.
- The following 271 reviews are from the mister parker's - Parker Palm Springs reviews archive.
- LOVEDPainfulVIPDined on 6/1/2014I can't believe how much this place lived up to our expectations. We were so pleased! The service also blew us away.Special Features:
- Amazing!sfmarkDined on 5/24/2014This place is amazing from the moment you drive up and see the massive orange entry doors to the time you drive away. Be sure to arrive early or stay late and spend some time wandering around the grounds of the Parker, it is truly a unique resort. When you walk through the curtains into Mr. Parker's it is like stepping into a whole new world, with a very eclectic are collection and music to match. Start off with a cocktail while you settle in and peruse the fun menu, the bartenders know what they are doing. Appetizers and salads are large enough to share, the food is very well prepared, and the deserts are to die for. Service was fantastic and never rushed or intrusive. Overall Mr. Parker's is amazing!Special Features:
- Sexy, Crazy, Cool...RexVultDined on 5/22/2014...that's how the wine list was divided, but it pretty well covers the entire dinning experience. Our server, Michele was attentive and knowledgable. The menu is small yet eclectic. They went for quality over quantity on the portions but was plenty when we were finished. The oysters with the smokey ponzu and roe were amazing. I definitley want my own order next time. Short ribs are brilliant as is the duck breast. Found the salted carmel overpowered the butterscotch on the pot o creme but the creme anglaise on the chocolate cake made up for it. Dark and sexy space with low light and crazy collection of modern art. Even if it wasn't within walking distance of our home in PS we'd still be back.Special Features:
- Lovely evening at Mr. Parkers4foodiesDined on 5/17/2014I was really afraid that my second time at Mr. Parkers wouldn't be as wonderful as the first time as I had such an amazing experience (before) there was No way it could ever be exceeded, however, this time, we were so unbelievably satisfied on so many levels, we (once again) left euphoric and blissfully happy. Thank you for making my birthday so special! We will be back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time onlyFdhoreDined on 5/11/2014For the level of professionalism in getting in and being seated, you felt like the food would have been spectacular. It was very good...not spectacular.Special Features:
- I'd go againtweetieDined on 5/9/2014We chose Mr. Parker's because we wanted to check out the lobby and grounds of The Parker. We're from Portland, so when it comes to food, we're very particular and hard to impress. That said, Mr. Parker's is good by Portland standards and excellent by Palm Springs standards. It was expensive ($400 for 4 of us-and we shared 2 appetizers and 2 deserts and a bottle of wine). When they didn't have the wine we ordered, they bumped us up to a nicer bottle at no extra charge, which was nice. The service was pleasant-that is certainly an area where PS has it way over Portland. The decor in Mr. Parker's was nothing that exciting, but I loved the lobby. I'd probably go back again, but I'm not booking my next visit yet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014And order the short ribs. No need to thank me. They'll change your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So amazing?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Can't believe I waited so long to go to Mr. Parker. I will return next time iamin Palm Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food & 60's vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/9/2014Mr Parker's is a retro dining experience with 5 star food & server delivery. I wanted to take a very special friend to a part of Palm Springs that you won't find anywhere else. The staff delivered to perfection. The braised short ribs were fantastic, Tuna Tartar starter and chocolate raspberry mousse to finish made a special night for us. Thank you Mr Parker's !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker Palm SpringsRINativeDined on 4/5/2014Feels more like Parker NYC. It's not quite the Palm Springs chic you want….but it's chic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Space is great, food is grossOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014We have eaten here 3 times so I don't think its a fluke. The space is great - great art, great lighting, fun ambience - and the service is excellent - but the food is TERRIBLE. We had the tarragon salad (best thing on the menu - but still mediocre with its weird fried crouton pellets), the mushroom risotto (undercooked), the brussels sprouts (VERY undercooked), and the gnocci (gnocci? they were tater tots). The only saving grace was the bread and butter and the butterscotch pudding (which was paired with an inappropriately tart sorbet that would have been great on its own but clashed with the pudding). Its convenient to eat here if you're staying at the Parker but even so, we will be going elsewhere to eat next time.
- Hi qualitydiningdivaDined on 4/4/2014Service was excellent. Food was on trend and perfectly executed.Special Features:
- Really good idea to have littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Really good idea to have little flashlights available for reading the menu, the atmosphere and decor is great but not so great for older eyes to read easily. Our server, Stephen, was delightful and well prepared to answer our questions about food preparation and wine choices. The quality of the food, presentation, service and ambiance justify the impressive price. These are the kind of prices charged for this level restaurant throughout the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had just got married atCrockVIPDined on 3/16/2014We had just got married at The Parker the night before. To help us celebrate they brought us champagne & a delicious dessert on the house. For dinner the short ribs were amazing. We have dined here many times and the service is always impeccable & the food is Devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Mr. Parker's! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2014We love Mr. Parker's! Everything is great except the host/ess - not accommodating.Special Features:
- Not bad for a drink.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014Terrific service. I believe Steve was our server and was one of the top servers I've had ever. I have over 15 years of restaurant and customer service experience and Steve, yours was excellent! Thank you! Food is surprisingly disappointing in flavor but presentation is good. The drinks are great.
- Priced like a very fine restaurantFitforfoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Get ready to open your wallet. Mr Parker's has prices like a very fine restaurant which it isn't. Not even close. The most memorable menu item were the oysters which only required shucking. Won't be returning.
- Nothing SpecialWinedudeVIPDined on 2/22/2014We tried Mr. Parker because we heard that Chef Herve from Cork Tree had moved here. We tried the Steak Au Poivre. It was a small NY strip that was not prime beef and priced at $42. The sauce was good, but the meat wasn't. The salads had only a hint of dressing...wish they had more. The dessert we sampled (a strawberry crepe) was quite good. Food was very slow coming out of the kitchen for some reason, though we observed other tables that were being served more promptly. Otherwise, service was friendly. The wine list is OK...a few nice choices, but most a bit over-priced. Given the value proposition here, we found the restaurant to be nothing special.
- Hidden gem inside the Parker.JbellDined on 2/16/2014We had a fabulous dinner and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top experienceEricMegawattsVIPDined on 2/12/2014One of the best fancy restaurants in Palm Springs. The food is modern high end French. The room is beautiful and the setting completely out of this world. Think late sixties artwork on wood paneled walls with mirrored ceilings and very low lighting. It is unlike anywhere else and wonderfully unique for Palm Springs. It is worth the high cost and I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a remarkable evening.JoeGolfVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was a remarkable evening. Our waiter was outstanding with amazing suggestions and service. He graciously assisted with mini wine tastings and suggestions to go with our various food choices and they were great. Wonderful oldtime San Francisco elegant dining look and feel. If you're staying in the Palm Springs area do yourself a favor and have dinner here.Special Features:
- Wonderful time and dinnerFoodguruVIPDined on 2/6/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and were treated wih such class. Excellent service, cocktails and ambiance. Dinner was excellent. The short ribs were the best. Salmon was good but would have been better served poached. Out server was so friendly. Thank you for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky AmbienceAEDRussDined on 1/26/2014where interesting characters are able to enjoy a quiet repast with great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mister Parker's is Marvelous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014Everything about it, the ambience, the attitude, the service (everyone!) & the food. Could not have been better for our special occasion dinner, we have already been back & will keep going back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Art of Zany and DelightfulDan7Dined on 1/2/2014Despite Starwood ownership, the Parker Hotels retain the sheer wackyness of their French heritage. Everything is just a bit weird, but in a calculated way. If you go right, Parker goes left. Going left is also overpriced, but if what you pay for is the fine staff that delivers service at a high standard, you can forgive the silly decor. And so it is with Mister Parker's, a Weimarish room done in post-modern eccentric---nothing goes with anything and they like it that way. The chef is creating sophisticated food, and the floor staff levitates. I can live with the white ceramic greyhound and vacuous Pousette-Dart prints. Bring me the short rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food "Great" PricesreviewgodDined on 12/26/2013I really like this place. I enjoy the food and the ambience but I do feel that 22 dollars for two medium sized scallops is on the "you have to be kidding me" scale. Yes they were good scallops. Did I think they were 11 dollars a piece...no. They have a terrible seemingly unsustainable price point model. I would have happily paid 12 dollars for those delicious well cooked scallops. I won't dine there again unless my employer pays for it. Which is a shame. Paying Tokyo or Paris prices for a restaurant in Palm Springs seems silly and that is because it is...
- atmosphere is not enoughidwardsDined on 11/27/2013This restaurant was recommended by a fellow local. The decor is terrific but the food and service just ok. Something as simple as a steak was tough and not seared well. Things that distinguish a fie restaurant were missing. Water glasses weren't refilled and silverware not replaced as used.Special Features:
- Definitely on our Favorites ListRumblerDined on 11/17/2013We had our wedding anniversary here, and what a superb choice. We are foodies, and eat all over the world, so we critique thoroughly! The valet was polite, our walk through the lobby was fascinating. Decor is quite eclectic. The maître d was charming, and arranged for the most romantic table as requested. Great advice on the menu and wines. Unique wine list for one glass only, which suits us as my husband does not drink. We had the escargot and the tuna tartare which were both delicious. Our main and deserts were also excellent. Prices are reasonable for this high level experience. Perfect music choices for ambience. We will be back again, and we will bring friends and clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Drinks mostly excellentUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/16/2013Chicken dish was really delicious as were scallops. Martnis w/ stuffed blue cheese olives were perfect. Only disappointment was butternut squash soup seemed to bemostly cream and not much of flavor or consistency of butternut squash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good expensive food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013It's expensive but there's great decorations and the food is decent. Charred octopus, short ribs and the butterscotch pot de creme are recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky PankyImagemonkiDined on 11/1/2013Very cool joint in a Hefner sort of way. Our waiter was top notch, but the food was definetly NOT worth the price we paid. An excellent retro atmosphere to hang out in for drinks. Thankfully no residue of the old Merv Griffin resort. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and YummyJulesDined on 11/1/2013My husband and I enjoyed a dimly lit, delicious dinner at mister parkers. The food was very tasty we enjoyed our drinks, appetizers main course and dessert! Our server was very attentive and friendly. Would definitely dine here again when we are in the mood to splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like revisiting another eraLaurelDined on 10/30/2013We loved our experience at mr Parker's. Incredible ambiance...loved entering the restaurant via the velvet curtains. Food and service was phenomenal! Great wine list. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMEsareyVIPDined on 9/7/2013Oustanding Service, incredible food and great music! Perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected, Very UnusualoccasionaldinerDined on 8/31/2013I had not heard of this restaurant before, I suspect it caters mainly to visitors as it is located within a fairly secluded resort. There is no sign, and it can take a couple of tries to locate! Then you enter a large lobby, and pass through an unassuming black curtained doorway into a large dimly-lit, eclectically decorated restaurant. The menu is brief and in French, with brief descriptions in English. Everything a la carte, and pricey but not beyond what you would expect. The food was fabulous, portions small - leaving room for desert! We had an endive salad, French Onion soup, the salmon and a duck confit special the server said would be moving onto the menu permanently. Everything was fabulous. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.