1606 20th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.missiondupont.com/
- Phone: 2025252010x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5 pm - midnight
Thursday - Friday: 5 pm - 2 am
Saturday: 11 am - 2 am
Sunday: 11 am - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Albarran-Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Special Events: Mission is available for a variety of special events. The private upstairs loft can accommodate up to 60 people and features its own bar and restrooms. There is also a downstairs event room that an accommodate up to 40. In certain circumstances, the restaurant can be rented out.
A word from Mission
Mission features authentic Mexican cuisine and a lively bar scene in a two level space with an exposed brick interior and a large outdoor patio. Executive Chef Rodrigo Albarran-Torres hails from Mexico City and also owns two R&R Taqueria locations in Elkridge, Maryland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mission reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great!DuPontFoodieDined on 8/22/2014My parents took my roommates and I out to dinner hear- our waitress was very attentive and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014We waited an hour for water and coffee but, if you're not in a hurry, brunch is pretty good here.Special Features:
- Late solo dinnerFormerFedVIPDined on 7/28/2014For some reason, I couldn't get at table for one at 8 PM and had to settle for an hour later. I thought the restaurant would be packed, but when I got there I found it less than half full. Was a bit disappointed when the black bean soup described on the online menu was no longer available and more so when the waiter misheard my appetizer order and brought the cheese & tortilla rather than the chorizo, cheese, & tortilla. The dish was good. The Cubana burger I got for my entree was very tasty and so large it had to be eaten with knife and fork. Had two Mission margaritas and ended my meal with a spicy jalapeno-pineapple one. I will certainly return to Mission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE WORD: PERFECTIONRyanVIPDined on 7/26/2014From drinks, to apps, to dinner, to the service - perfection! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MadsVIPDined on 7/21/2014I went here for the first time on Sunday, July 20th and loved it so much that I had to come back on the 21st. The margaritas are great (especially during happy hour!). I loved my frozen strawberry one (I hadn't had a good one in years). I got the 3 tacos (pork, chicken, steak) and they were amazing - definitely the best tacos I've ever had. The service there is great, the atmosphere is great, and the music selection was great as well. I can't mention enough how amazing the food was - seriously to die for. Love this place and I can't wait to go back again in the future.Special Features:
- mdinDined on 7/18/2014The music at the downstairs bar and dining area is way too loud. It's hard to carry a conversation. Otherwise, it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, OK foodCJMMDined on 7/11/2014Mission looks gorgeous outside at night - beautiful lights, lots of outdoor seating, and a nice ambiance inside too. We had dinner on a Friday night (late). The salsa was delicious, the guacamole that we ordered spicy could have been spicier, and my shrimp tacos came out warm but not hot. I would go again but maybe ask for extra-spicy guacamole and something with melted cheese on top (which tends to keep things warmer!) I did like that this is one of the only places in DC where you can get decent food at a decent price - a full plate with tacos, main plate etc and rice and beans - for only $13-15 (as opposed to $25-45!)Special Features:
- Good service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Overall a great experience. The service was fast and accurate. The hostess was very flexible and understanding when some of our party was running late for our reservation. We had a large group of people and they put us in a room that was slightly separated from the main dinning floor. This was perfect room for conversation among a large group. Our server was great. He checked in on us frequently and the food came out of the kitchen very quickly, especially considering the size of our party. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service this bad in Dupont?!GlutenfreefoodieDined on 6/18/2014This was my second time at Mission and I'm trying so hard to like the restaurant because it is such a cool scene. The service has been absolutely terrible both times though. Our table did not get acknowledged by a waiter for at least 15 minutes (the second time I had to go ask the hostess if anyone knew we had been seated - even though our table was smack dab in the middle of the dining room). After that it took an additional 10 minutes to get our water and chips. Our waitress seemed stressed and uninterested in serving us. The meal I ordered first came out incorrectly. In general the ambiance is great the bar seems like an awesome scene but the food is mediocre and certainly not worth suffering through the terrible service.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Mission reviews archive.