Mission Inn Restaurant
3649 Mission Inn Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mission Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.missioninn.com/dining/mission-inn-restaurant-en.html
- Phone: 9517840300x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 6:30am - 8:30am;
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am -2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mission Inn Restaurant
Marvel at the excitement of the Mission Inn Restaurant's state-of-the-art display kitchen as our Chef's prepare signature Comfort Foods. Enjoy International Fare while dining inside the restaurant or outside under the open air on the Spanish Patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mission Inn Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
Mission Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)great for outdoor dining (73)romantic (61)great for brunch (49)scenic view (36)good for groups (34)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Too Good for wordsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I didn't want to pay $42/ person for brunch but wow it was amazing... Totally worth it. The meats and pastas were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming-must @ Mission Inn!GDockfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Overall, dinner and ambiance were great! Service was a bit lacking (compared to prior visits) in that our waiter's attention to us was not 100% (he seemed scattered). We had to ask for utensil replacement and sugar for tea twice. Food (we ordered pasta and steak dishes) were excellent. Wine and margaritas were above average. Very child friendly and attentive to our 9 year-old's culinary requests. We ate outside although it was warm, the ambiance and surrounds were exquisite.Special Features:
- WaiterWilmaSueDined on 9/12/2014Imanuel is a terrific waiter. Imanuel is always very responsive to our needs. My husband is gluten intolerant and it can be a challenge to ensure he gets a gluten-free meal. Imanuel will ensure he does. He is also very warm and welcoming. The Mission Inn should be very proud of him as an employee.Special Features:
- Not worth $50PickyeaterDined on 9/7/2014The food is "ok" but definitely not worth $50. I must disclose that neither my husband nor I eat seafood. Even so, the entrees are mediocre and the desserts LOOK better than they taste. I'll be completely shocked if they are not store-bought. The bagel I had was cold and hard as a rock. The muffins sitting right next to them look exactly like the ones from Sam's club- same wrapper and everything! I MIGHT think of returning if the price was cut in half.Special Features:
- Not worth itJayNVIPDined on 8/31/2014The location and atmosphere is great. But the service and food truly not up to the standard. They need to seriously improve on the service.Special Features:
- Back in time!DawgVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow! What a location..had the buffet..nice prime rib...the patio is awesome, great sevice ,worth the trip! Ala carte menu looked even better!Special Features:
- excellent date nightkellyanne75Dined on 8/29/2014The Mission Inn Restaurant was as wonderful as others had described to me. Unfortunately they didn't see my open table reservation, but luckily were not busy enough for it to matter. The staff is very friendly and we were treated very nicely (we are a same sex couple). The wine list is extensive and even offers non-alcoholic varieties (I'm a non-drinker). The food menu isn't very extensive, but the major choices are there. The crab cake was phenomenal, as was the salmon. Bananas Foster for dessert was light on the bananas, but otherwise was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The view, history, and great food. You can't miss......you WILL be satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchWendyDined on 8/24/2014After living in Riverside 22 years, we finally decided to try the Sunday Champagne Brunch for our 29th Anniversary. We dined outdoors on the patio where there were plenty of umbrellas. It did get a little warm for us by the end of our meal but that IS Riverside in August! Next time we will come earlier to beat the heat. The hostess and servers were all very nice and professional. Of all the food we tried, everything was delicious! No complaints at all. Champagne, orange juice and water were constantly refilled without having to ask which is a big plus. We will be back! Not often for the price but for special occasion or visiting guests, yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at it's best....luv4mexicanfoodDined on 8/16/2014Dining outdoors on the Spanish Patio is a beautiful experience that can't be beat for the ambience of the old world architecture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission Inn RestaurantRockBassistDined on 8/16/2014Went here for our anniversary, first time here. Menu selection wasn't that huge, wound up going to the prime rib buffet there. Very nice setting, food was excellent. Would probably go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Brunch2WineandDineDined on 8/10/2014As promised, the Mission Inn has a spectacular Sunday Champagne Brunch. Plenty of tasty entrees to choose from, salads, and great omelets & Eggs Benedict to order. And the champagne just keeps flowing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014DELIGHTFUL FOOD SURROUNDED BY THE RICH AND BEAUTIFUL HISTORIC MISSION INN...WHAT MORE CAN ONE ASK FOR?Special Features:
- BrunchSharonDined on 8/3/2014This was our second time for brunch. We came several years ago, and the menu was huge and the cost was $35. The menu seemed a bit smaller this time. We enjoyed the food and the service. But it seemed a bit too pricey for what we received. There were 3 of us and the bill with tip, totaled 164.08. That's a lot of money for a buffet brunch. I realize this is the Mission Inn. The food was good but not worth $42 a person. A normal lunch buffet is $18. I think doubling that is fair, but $42 was over the top.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/3/2014The Mission Inn Sunday brunch has never disappointed. Thank you for such a wide selection of foods.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014A great elegant champagne brunch. This is like a local gym.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising find in RiversideSilverLakeTravelersDined on 8/2/2014Not to offend Riversiders, but I never would have expected such a nice venue in this city. The building and grounds are very nice. The Mission Inn Restaurant itself is very nice inside as well. The brunch buffet we had on Saturday was not especially gourmet, but we had no complaints about it. The salad bar was small, but nice and very fresh. The staff did a great job keeping everything stocked, especially the cold shrimp cocktail. Nice selection of bread at the table - we loved the cheesy crisp flatbread. The dessert table was also very nicely done. We were seated by the window looking out into the courtyard of the Mission and really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Seafood BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I dined on Friday, Aug.1st. She ordered the salmon entree off the menu and she thought it was excellent. I opted for the seafood buffet. The salad choices were crisp and fresh. The hot entrees I tried were the shrimp and rice, a baked salmon dish, and the pan sauted mussels. The shrimp was so over cooked it was like chewing bubble gum and flavorless. The salmon entree was also over cooked, mushy, and flavorless. The mussels were the only entree that was tasteful but it could have been much better if steamed in a wine broth. Overall the experience was only okay but not memorable like previous times we have dined there. The quality of the food was not up to par as it has been in the past.Special Features:
- KLKaltoDined on 7/31/2014The atmosphere is just wonderful. The food is mediocre, but the surroundings make up for that.Special Features:
- CookOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014The food was not cooked right and tasted salty. The cook needs to go back to cooking school.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sunday BrunchMPJODined on 7/27/2014Unbelievable Sunday brunch. So much of a selection that it is impossible even to taste a bit of everything. Wonderful seafood bar, unlimited champagne and fresh squeezed orange juice, omelet bar, eggs benedict, waffles, prime rib, fresh fruit and salads, you name it. All of the food was superb, continually restocked. Unbelievable desserts, chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake, crème brulee, and cinnamon rolls to die for. Must have reservations -- well worth the cost!! Elegant atmosphere inside and beautiful outdoor patio seating. Service was impeccable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the billkdog21Dined on 7/25/2014One of those places that automatically adds service charge and makes no effort to let you know it's been added. Server also said "Do you want the soup or salad with that?" Not would you like to add a soup or salad, subtle difference, but when it's not included it shouldn't be asked that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Architecture, InterestinglovediningoutDined on 7/20/2014The Spanish Patio was a lovely place to sit and take in the architecture, wrought iron with baskets of flowers and an abundance of foliage. Very pretty setting. When dining out-of-doors we have to expect the residents to visit our table--we had flies, friendly little birds, and a bee that insisted on trying to find something (or someone) to nibble on. Everyone in our party of four very much enjoyed his/her meal. My husband, who is on an extreme heart-healthy diet thoroughly enjoyed the miso salmon--he said it was the best he's tasted. The waiter noted all of my husband's diet needs, and the meal was prepared just right for him. Thank you, Mission Inn Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated 24th wedding anniversaryherbandfranDined on 7/20/2014First time at the restaurant, we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchgmfriversideDined on 7/20/2014I have eaten here a few times for brunch and I recommend it to everyone, the food is great and the service is outstanding. Definitely go there with an appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check in was my only issueKrysteejoDined on 7/20/2014We have children so we made sure to make reservations for 9:30 am 1 week ahead of time thinking that that would ensure that we were seated in a timely manner to prevent my children a long wait in the morning when they are hungry. We drove all the way from Chino Hills forty five minutes before the restaurant opened. I checked in early, before opening and before any other guest was present. Several walk in people then checked in and at least 8 parties were seated before us (we were a group of only 5, so it was because a large table had to be prepared). I felt that the reservations did not matter. Also, the $50 charged to my card to make the reservation was not applied to my bill as was promised. I won't make another reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission Inn ResturantTinkDined on 7/19/2014Geraldo was our waiter and service was impeccable. The food was amazing. The brussell sprouts with the roasted chicken were out of this world. The patio dining is so romantic and tuscany. We sat next to the fountain and it was 6 star all around.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!SallsuDined on 7/19/2014Loved the whole experience! Beautiful outdoor patio and excellent salmon dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the show at the showllsppsDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend. Our experience exceeded our expectations. Originally we were trying to make reso's at their steak house but the times we needed weren't available. The steak we had was the best steak I've ever had. The waiter also split our meal with no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantcbgepDined on 7/18/2014I LOVE the Mission Inn. It is my absolute favorite restaurant. The setting is incredible at every time of year. The food is always delicious, the price is very reasonable, and service is always great. This is the most special possible place for holiday meals, for taking out-of-town visitors to, and for any time you just want a special, happy, beautiful place to have a great meal.Special Features:
- Really a nice restaurantCoraVVIPDined on 7/9/2014We come here often as staff are really friendly. Our server Nathan was so nice and always prompt in giving us what we need. The best server!!!Special Features:
- AnniversaryDelightedDined on 6/28/2014Great atmosphere even though there was a very loud wedding bash nearby. Beautiful scenery and ambience! Waiter was nice but needs to know the menu. No firing please! Glad we came in!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014As for the outdoor dining. it has all the ambiance of Europe. It is magnificent.Special Features:
- Mission InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Simply stated, my family had an excellent experience at the Mission Inn restaurant in Riverside, CA.Special Features:
- Couldn't be better...Raider5Dined on 6/22/2014We went for the Sunday Bruch... wish I had a bigger stomach.. :-) An excellent variety of food .. no one should be disappointed with the selection. Service was outstanding! And the patio dinning was just perfect for the day. Yes, you'll see me back again... :-)Special Features:
- 50 years laterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We lived in Riverside about 50 years ago so it was interesting to see how well the Inn has been maintained. The wait staff were very accommodating, resetting the umbrellas as the sun moved, my glass was always full and the young lady who guided us to our table was especially gracious. Three of us had different dishes and all found them to be quite good. We plan to go there again perhaps when its just a bit cooler.Special Features:
- rjalvDined on 6/17/2014As always, a wonderful time. The ambiance at the Mission Inn is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpoetlandDined on 6/15/2014We had an excellent time. Went for the buffet - I ate way too much and not as much as I wanted to. It was all delicious. I loved all the cheeses they had. Everything was fresh and well stocked. The service too was great. We were attended to at a distance, which I like: not too much interuption, but just enough to verify our needs. The waiter was also constantly friendly, even when we asked to change tables for a larger one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great ambiance 4 brunch2itamaDined on 6/15/2014The quality of food was wonderful. Lots of options. The waffles were the best. The hotel is beautiful. The decor was so pretty and the whole hotel felt open... lots of natural light. It was spacious and the staff was friendly. We went for father's day and it was great. Definitely would recommend for brunch. Definitely coming back. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our party of 6 all ordered the Saturday Buffet. We were all disappointed in the food