Mission Inn Restaurant
3649 Mission Inn Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mission Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.missioninn.com/dining/mission-inn-restaurant-en.html
- Phone: (951) 784-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Sunday: 6:30am - 8:30am;
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am -2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mission Inn Restaurant
Marvel at the excitement of the Mission Inn Restaurant's state-of-the-art display kitchen as our Chef's prepare signature Comfort Foods. Enjoy International Fare while dining inside the restaurant or outside under the open air on the Spanish Patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mission Inn Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Riverside ›
Mission Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (61)great for brunch (50)good for groups (44)great for lunch (37)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- so attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The service was amazing. Drinks were quick. Dinner was quick. Rafael was a very pleasent server. Will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTCLDined on 11/16/2014We had a lovely Champange Sunday Brunch at the Mission Inn. We celebrated our daughter's 25th Birthday. I highly recommend for all your special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricey.seasonedtravelerDined on 11/15/2014We ate dinner at this restaurant and I'll have to say that the service was superb and the ambiance was great also. the food on the other hand was just okay and the prices were way too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary20yearsandcountingDined on 11/10/2014it was our 20th wedding anniversary...thank you Tara for helping to make it so special for us...the young lady who seated us took wonderful pictures for us...btw, we were the only customers, so she wasn't slacking her duties and Tara was so nice and even brought us a special dessert... those ladies made our evening so special....thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014WE spent our 40th wedding anniversary at the MI, enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch buffetCJ28Dined on 11/3/2014I took my wife to the weekday lunch buffet for her birthday. The food was good, service was excellent. They don't have a huge selection on the buffet, but we had salmon, chicken, steak, ravioli, a salad bar and a dessert bar the day we were there - all for $18 including the drink. The restaurant was not as high-end as I had anticipated (no carpet on the floor, creaky chairs), but it was definitely a great value. People were dressed nicely, but the room itself reminded me of a diner, albeit with wood everywhere rather than stainless steel. The acoustics were not good, it was relatively noisy in there and it wasn't packed. But, if you are looking for a nice place for a lunch buffet with GREAT servers - I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great breakfast with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I met some friends for breakfast on Saturday and we had a great time. The service was really good & I enjoyed the food. One person in our party ordered their breakfast buffet and said there were a lot of choices. It was a comfortable atmosphere and we chatted for a few hours. The only minor thing - if you have bad knees, you may want to sit at a table with regular chairs. We sat at a table with comfy chairs (think living room style) but they were low to the ground.Special Features:
- satisfiedDined on 10/28/2014The Mission Inn is, was, and will always be a fantastic place to visit and dine in. It is worth every moment spent there. It is truly a Gem!Special Features:
- Must DoDeanDined on 10/21/2014Very entertaining. Good food at a moderate price. Lovely atmosphere. friendly staff. a bit of history.Special Features:
- Lunch lived up to expectation.SheriDined on 10/21/2014I was the host for the CEO of a national charity for three days. She had heard about the Mission Inn and her one request was to visit and dine at the Mission Inn. It was an enjoyable afternoon. The food great and the service perfect.Special Features:
- Food found wantingBlade2070Dined on 10/20/2014Took my aunt there for the first time Monday night for her birthday. Must say that the service was amazing and for that alone I would return, but I must say that for the price and the reputation, the food was nothing short of mediocre. Thankfully my aunts scallops were good, but mine and my wife's, and my nieces food was amazingly poor. My wife couldn't even eat hers and the wait for the food was extremely long as it was. Maybe because it was a Monday night, I don't know, but I have eaten there before and completely enjoyed the food and the experience. Every place can have a bad night, we just happened to find it this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchParadigmDined on 10/19/2014Met friends from East Coast who were in the area. Great food, great venue and relaxing as we were able to catch-up with each other with no pressure to move on. Food choices were overwhelming (in a good way)!Special Features:
- Some problems but a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Food was good. Waiter made sure drinks were always full. My only complaint is that when we ordered our main course, they asked if we wanted a side salad to go with it. We thought the side salad was part of the meal or would be reasonably priced. When we got our bill, they charged $10 per salad. I don't mind the charge for the salad but for the price, I would have expected a larger salad. The portion was small. The other complaint I have is that we finished our meal and they took our plates but never returned with a check. We placed our wallet with credit card exposed on top of the table and thought this would indicate to them that we were ready to leave. After 15+ minutes of staff walking by we had to stop someone and ask them for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Guests in townSMOOREDined on 10/12/2014We booked our event special guests at your hotel - and took them to dinner that evening. We had a lovely time, the ambiance was great, the service was super and we really enjoyed ourselves out on the Spanish Patio. The only negative was that there was a wedding reception going on - and their music was quite loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagvatausaeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Very good food and very convenient if you are staying at the Mission Inn. Sitting outside in the courtyard makes for an amazing setting. The service did not live up to expectations - nothing horrible but just not what is expected at this price point. Very good wine list but they need to invest in better quality wine glasses - the glass quality should match the wine quality.Special Features:
- ThenoexpertreviewerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Party of 4. Three meals were very good. One was not.Special Features:
- Thought we were in Europe !LovetodineVIPDined on 10/5/20141st time here and can't wait to recommend it to friends and go back. We ate outside at the Mission Restaurant and it felt like we were in the middle of Italy enjoying a wonderful dinner. Loved it !!!Special Features:
- Always outstandinglilprofesorDined on 10/5/2014Well worth the money. The Inn is beautiful and that extends to the Sunday brunch. The food is always great with seasonal offerings. The wait staff with their outgoing personalities contribute to the ambience. And the live contemporary jazz player only adds to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate 70th BirthdayJLaNaeDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated my mothers 70th Birthday and enjoyed the Sunday Brunch, hands down the best in the Inland Empire. Thank You for making her feel special.Special Features:
- A celebration of dining excelenceGood2GoDined on 9/28/2014One of the few exceptional restaurants in this area, and well worth the drive to Riverside. The atmosphere and furnishings blended nicely, the servers were polished and attentive, and the variety of food capable of satisfying the most discerning palate. Expensive for frequent dining but a lovely place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Beautiful Historic VenueMaryVIPDined on 9/27/2014We sat on the patio which I recommend to everyone. The surroundings are terrific. We both had the filet and both were cooked to our orders - blue and rare. The food was beautifully presented and the portions large. We both had dessert and both the lava cake and bread pudding were excellent. Great for a special occasion. The only thing that was slightly bothersome was that they had a buffet going too and people were walking past our table often on their way to the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was perfect Thanks! !!brattyDined on 9/27/2014Ballet parking was problem we wait least like 20minutesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit on the patioWhataGirlWantsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great place, atmosphere, food and service...minus the flies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip Off DO NOT GO HERESteveVIPDined on 9/22/2014We dine out 5 or more nights a week. Open Table has been our restaurant booking service for years and when we don't book on it, our friends make the reservations with Open table. HOWEVER bewared some tines you don't know the outrageous parking charge, like the Mission Inn. When we left they asked for a $15 parking fee. Shocked we asked what about validation as we just had do inner her and it was expensive. Sorry only one of our three restaurants validates and while you ate in the nicest, they don't. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said that's their policy. So we paid and left very upset. Any restaurant charging $15 is out of touch with reality as its a plain rip off. DO NOT DINE HERESpecial Features:
- Too Good for wordsBobbilynnecolemanDined on 9/21/2014I didn't want to pay $42/ person for brunch but wow it was amazing... Totally worth it. The meats and pastas were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming-must @ Mission Inn!GDockfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Overall, dinner and ambiance were great! Service was a bit lacking (compared to prior visits) in that our waiter's attention to us was not 100% (he seemed scattered). We had to ask for utensil replacement and sugar for tea twice. Food (we ordered pasta and steak dishes) were excellent. Wine and margaritas were above average. Very child friendly and attentive to our 9 year-old's culinary requests. We ate outside although it was warm, the ambiance and surrounds were exquisite.Special Features:
- WaiterWilmaSueDined on 9/12/2014Imanuel is a terrific waiter. Imanuel is always very responsive to our needs. My husband is gluten intolerant and it can be a challenge to ensure he gets a gluten-free meal. Imanuel will ensure he does. He is also very warm and welcoming. The Mission Inn should be very proud of him as an employee.Special Features:
- Not worth $50PickyeaterDined on 9/7/2014The food is "ok" but definitely not worth $50. I must disclose that neither my husband nor I eat seafood. Even so, the entrees are mediocre and the desserts LOOK better than they taste. I'll be completely shocked if they are not store-bought. The bagel I had was cold and hard as a rock. The muffins sitting right next to them look exactly like the ones from Sam's club- same wrapper and everything! I MIGHT think of returning if the price was cut in half.Special Features:
- Not worth itJayNVIPDined on 8/31/2014The location and atmosphere is great. But the service and food truly not up to the standard. They need to seriously improve on the service.Special Features:
- Back in time!DawgVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow! What a location..had the buffet..nice prime rib...the patio is awesome, great sevice ,worth the trip! Ala carte menu looked even better!Special Features:
- excellent date nightkellyanne75Dined on 8/29/2014The Mission Inn Restaurant was as wonderful as others had described to me. Unfortunately they didn't see my open table reservation, but luckily were not busy enough for it to matter. The staff is very friendly and we were treated very nicely (we are a same sex couple). The wine list is extensive and even offers non-alcoholic varieties (I'm a non-drinker). The food menu isn't very extensive, but the major choices are there. The crab cake was phenomenal, as was the salmon. Bananas Foster for dessert was light on the bananas, but otherwise was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The view, history, and great food. You can't miss......you WILL be satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchWendyDined on 8/24/2014After living in Riverside 22 years, we finally decided to try the Sunday Champagne Brunch for our 29th Anniversary. We dined outdoors on the patio where there were plenty of umbrellas. It did get a little warm for us by the end of our meal but that IS Riverside in August! Next time we will come earlier to beat the heat. The hostess and servers were all very nice and professional. Of all the food we tried, everything was delicious! No complaints at all. Champagne, orange juice and water were constantly refilled without having to ask which is a big plus. We will be back! Not often for the price but for special occasion or visiting guests, yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining at it's best....luv4mexicanfoodDined on 8/16/2014Dining outdoors on the Spanish Patio is a beautiful experience that can't be beat for the ambience of the old world architecture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission Inn RestaurantRockBassistDined on 8/16/2014Went here for our anniversary, first time here. Menu selection wasn't that huge, wound up going to the prime rib buffet there. Very nice setting, food was excellent. Would probably go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Brunch2WineandDineDined on 8/10/2014As promised, the Mission Inn has a spectacular Sunday Champagne Brunch. Plenty of tasty entrees to choose from, salads, and great omelets & Eggs Benedict to order. And the champagne just keeps flowing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014DELIGHTFUL FOOD SURROUNDED BY THE RICH AND BEAUTIFUL HISTORIC MISSION INN...WHAT MORE CAN ONE ASK FOR?Special Features:
- BrunchSharonDined on 8/3/2014This was our second time for brunch. We came several years ago, and the menu was huge and the cost was $35. The menu seemed a bit smaller this time. We enjoyed the food and the service. But it seemed a bit too pricey for what we received. There were 3 of us and the bill with tip, totaled 164.08. That's a lot of money for a buffet brunch. I realize this is the Mission Inn. The food was good but not worth $42 a person. A normal lunch buffet is $18. I think doubling that is fair, but $42 was over the top.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/3/2014The Mission Inn Sunday brunch has never disappointed. Thank you for such a wide selection of foods.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014A great elegant champagne brunch. This is like a local gym.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.