Mission Grille - Marriott Downtown San Francisco
55 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Mission Grille - Marriott Downtown San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottmissiongrille.com/
- Phone: 4154426043
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Closed for Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Hollands
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Public Transit: Bart exit is Powell Street. Hotel is 1/2 block from Bart Station.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Free 2 hour valet parking available for special holiday events (Upon space available). 5th and Mission Street Parking Garage is available also and is adjacent to the Hotel
A word from Mission Grille - Marriott Downtown San Francisco
Mission Grille is a contemporary breakfast and lunch house featuring local California cuisine as well as a breakfast buffet everyday.Continued
Breakfast buffet available from 6:30am-11am Monday-Friday and until 12pm on the weekends.
Breakfast buffet available from 6:30am-11am Monday-Friday and until 12pm on the weekends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mission Grille - Marriott Downtown San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mediocre food that was overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2013Mediocre food that was overpriced. Wait staff friendly and competent
- Without saying a word theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Without saying a word they took my credit card and automatically added 18% gratuity for the two of us. I am under the opinion that a gratuity is for service that I decide the amount of the gift, I do not leave an $11.00 tip for a buffet where they brought me some water and took away my dishes. I am sure for those who didn't notice they got extra as they didn't tell you they were doing that.
- Ok restaurant, bad waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012I have to say that this was a Thanksgiving dinner and I understand it was a super busy day. The crew at the entrance of the restaurant were very kind and I appreciate the effort on that due to the many people that were waiting to get it. We pay at front bcs it was a buffet menu. My only complain is that the waitress who supposedly was in charge of our table, which name is Brenda, only served us once. We had to ask four times to a different waiters to refill our coffees. That was the only thing that make our dinner unpleasant .Special Features:
- We went to the Mission GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went to the Mission Grille for Thanksgiving. The food and service was excellent!
- Pro: Great Location Con: The FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2012Mission Grille was recommended to me for a breakfast meeting. I was surprised how many people were waiting for a table. There were only two of us but thankfully I had made reservations. We ordered off the menu instead of the buffet. I was very disappointed in the food - which isn't cheap. My omelet was dry and the crust on my toast was burnt. The waiter was ok, nothing special. There were two instances were food was delivered to us that wasn't ours. Since they are located in a nice hotel and close to Moscone, they get a lot of convention traffic. If you want to meet over a meal, it's a good place to go. No one will be heads-down eating. If you just want breakfast, go somewhere else.
- Food was not bad. They haveSarathDined on 10/2/2012Food was not bad. They have to work on their service.Special Features:
- Lunch in Marriot MarquisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012It was a special occasion lunch. The menu has enough choices. Service was very to the point. 8 months old baby felt very well on the wooden floor :-) Overall - We liked itSpecial Features:
- too expensive for privateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012too expensive for private lunch for sure. still expensive for business lunch:$90 for three! my boss will not be happy! food was only ok (i had seared tuna salad)Special Features:
- Great Meeting Location near MosconeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2012When in San Francisco for conferences, this is the IDEAL place to plan for meetings. The servers know when to take orders, take care of refills and pick up plates while you're managing meetings w/your customers. I have spent 3-4 hours there when I had meeting after meeting. I will always go back! Management, hosting and service personnel got to know my name. It made it personal and so very pleasant.Special Features:
- A bit pricey for the limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/11/2011A bit pricey for the limited breakfast buffet selections that are offered, but the excellent service made up for the lack of choices. The canele's are to die for, though!Special Features:
- Had a breakfast business meeting.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2011Had a breakfast business meeting. Breakfast buffet was very good. Excellent food. Wait staff a bit slow. Overall very good.Special Features:
- There was a wise variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011There was a wise variety of food for the breakfast buffet that accommodated a number of dietary issues. The food itself was very good. It is San Francisco pricey ($25) and beverage service wasn't always prompt.Special Features:
- Great location for a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2011Great location for a quiet business lunch, breakfast or dinner meeting for groups of 4-8 people. It was a key meeting; got the job done.Special Features:
- Good service; nothing else specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2011Typical hotel restaurant - Overpriced for food of moderate quality. Egg-white omelet was burnt. Only saving grace was very friendly service.
- The Easter brunch had a largerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2011The Easter brunch had a larger selection and better quality food than their normal weekend brunch menu. I recommend a few additional sushi dishes.Special Features:
- I had a very nice time withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2011I had a very nice time with an one of my high school classmates. Not sure why we were seated on a side of the restaurant all by ourselves. However, the service was very good and so was the meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- Breakfast Meeting SpotDesertSunDined on 3/11/2011Great for breakfast business meetings. Convenient location. Menu with enough variety to satisfy everyone.Special Features:
- Food needs much improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/28/2011This seems like a decent place for a business breakfast in San Francisco. It is large, spacious, and has a couple of quiet areas if you needed to have a substantive conversation. Plus, it seemed good for groups of 5-10 people as well if you had a group event. The food was poor quality and taste - I had an open face omelet and it was fairly tasteless; the quality of the bread and the jam were substandard. My breakfast for two people came to $48 with a 15% tip, and man, it was not worth it. But, if you can't find a place for a business breakfast...
- the food was fine, but a bitGordonDined on 12/19/2010the food was fine, but a bit pricey for a hotel coffee shop.
- We held an effective lunchKenHDined on 12/14/2010We held an effective lunch meeting here. The setting was quiet enough for us to hear one another. The servers were discreet and efficient and did not interrupt our meeting, except as truly necessary. The food was brought out promptly. Our meeting started early, and they accommodated our need to begin using the table well before we ordered.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010The food was good but the service was very poor. The order was not complete or accurate. The biggest issue was that the wait staff was not responsive to our time constraints in taking our orders.
- We had a 2 pm ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2010We had a 2 pm Thanksgiving Day reservation. We arrive at 1:30 pm and were promptly seated by an agreeable staff. Our waiter was a gem Refills and plate clearing, very timely. The lady cutting turkey was sweet and generous. Overall, the food from salads to desserts was exceptional.
- With so many options for diningfoxyfleurDined on 11/20/2010With so many options for dining in downtown San Francisco this one is not that exceptional although it was nice. Their variety on the menu was a bit stark and the food did not stand out as being worth a repeat.Special Features:
- It was okay but nothing toDisapointingVIPDined on 11/7/2010It was okay but nothing to write home about. I had breakfast here and lunch the following day because of its convenience of being in my hotel.
- Great place to have a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2010Great place to have a business breakfast meeting when in San Francisco. When I was there, it was packed and our server disappeared for long periods. That worked out ok because we were there to talk (and she had brought a pot of coffee); it was only in convenient when it was time to pay the check!Special Features:
- Good food and service noisekatBDined on 9/21/2010Good food and service noise level acceptable to conduct businessSpecial Features:
- Only complaint was the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2010Only complaint was the noise level was too high to hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- It was a very enjoyable gatheringJEK6Dined on 3/25/2010It was a very enjoyable gathering for us. We were seaed outdoors on a beautiful day. Our waiter was superb.Special Features:
- Loved the desserts duringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009Loved the desserts during Thanksgiving dinner. Would have liked to see a stuffed whole turkey on display just for the occasion.Special Features:
- I have been to many holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2009I have been to many holiday buffets and by far this was one of my least favorites. The food was mediocre at best. The service was fair and needed a bit more attentivness. The ambiance needs some improving to give a bit more of a holiday feel to the environment. Overall we will not return for an encore.
- Our visit was for the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/26/2009Our visit was for the Thanksgiving Buffet, so I can't speak to the usual menu or service. Service was timely at first - removing plates, etc. but became less so as our meal progressed. We had to request silverware more than once. The roast beef & ham were in abundance, but the turkey carver was working assiduously on one remaining drumstick with no new bird in sight!Special Features:
- The buffet was average, notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/26/2009The buffet was average, not great. The service was below standard. Waiters were not attentive and difficult to find when needed. The waiters need additional training on service. Do not think we will go back again anytime soon.
- The Thanksgiving Buffet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/26/2009The Thanksgiving Buffet was great! We were able to get the traditional meal items as well as some unique options (salmon, sirloin, ham). The food was replenished often and was always fresh.Special Features:
- My son and I went to theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009My son and I went to their Thanksgiving Buffet. For $59 a person (plus tax and tip), we went in with high expectations. I can honestly say that everything was bad: food, workers' enthousiasm, ... The stuffing was awful, the turkey was of low quality and so was the roast beef. The carvers were trying to give people the minimum and definitely were not friendly. The food was just bad. To top it, the desserts were of very low quality. As far as service goes, the waiters did come often to clean up the tables, but they were distant and made no attempt to connect. Had it been priced at $30, this would have been a bad experience. At $59, it was a _very_ bad experience. What a waste of our thanksgiving meal together.
- The Thanksgiving brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/26/2009The Thanksgiving brunch was great. Lotsof places you go just to be happy you don't have to cook or clean-up. At the Marriott you can actually enjopy the food too!Special Features:
- We attended the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/26/2009We attended the Thanksgiving Day buffet expecting a nice mid-day family treat prior to volunteering to serve Thanksgiving to the homeless at a local shelter in the Tenderloin. It was very expensive for the mediocre quality and variety of the food comprising the buffet. The ambiance was loud, impersonal, and not at all festive. The experience cost us nearly $400 for 4 people, including a pricey but modest bottle of wine. This was a very overpriced hotel restaurant experience that offered nothing at all special or memorable for the holiday, contrary to the internet advertisement. In hindsight, we should have eaten our family meal with the people we cooked for and served later that evening; that was the most memorable part of the day.
- Impressive Thanksgiving buffet--eveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009Impressive Thanksgiving buffet--everything was well-prepared and flavorful, from the cold seafood bar to the perfectly-cooked meats at the carving station, well done!Special Features:
- Its a good place to go ifOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/13/2009Its a good place to go if you have a large group and need to make a last minuet reservation. Food is ok and service is fine.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, I was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/11/2009Unfortunately, I was very dissapointed in this restaurant. Maybe I should have stuck with steak. Instead I chose the veal parmesean with risoto. What I received was a ceramic dish covered in cheese with a little risotto and veal mixed in. The tomatoes that topped the veal were salty. The veal was tough and difficult to cut, though it was extremely thin. There was way too much cheese. So much so, that the risoto was swiming in oil. I was really disappointed. Won't be trying this place again.
- food was decent. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2009food was decent. Service was very slow, and the atmosphere is sort of lame - the restaurant is basically an extension of the hotel lobby and feels like it. Hotel ballroom look and feel. the bar downstairs is nice.