130-132 W. Houston Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.misslilysnyc.com/
- Phone: 6465885375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Takeout / Delivery: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Kemis Lawrence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for details. We will customize your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Miss Lily's colorful and cheerful private room displays checkered floors, vinyl booths, and walls decked out with album covers spanning 50 years of Jamaican music history. Raggae, mento, soca and ska beats keep the festive mood rolling. This marvelous room has capacity for 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Karina Vidal 6465885375
- Cross Street: Sullivan Street
- Public Transit: Subway lines:
#1 to Houston Street.
C, E to Spring Street.
A, B, C, D, E, F, M to West 4th Street or Broadway Lafayette.
N, R, W to Prince Street,
#6 to Bleeker.
Bus lines: M5-LTD to Broadway & Houston. M103 to Bowery & E. Houston. M2-LTD to E 8th Street & Mercer St. M21 to W. Houston& Sullivan St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking on W. Houston is possible after 6 p.m. Alternate side parking regulations apply on side streets.
A word from Miss Lily's
Welcome to Miss Lily's, a Caribbean oasis in the middle of downtown Manhattan. Our modern approach to classic island cooking draws from the diverse roots of Jamaican cuisine. Enjoy our delicacies, such as jerk chicken, escovitch fish, oxtail and curry goat seasoned with scotch bonnet peppers and jerk spices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miss Lily's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (30)late-night find (28)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great time with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I made reservations that same day and even had to change the reservation.time but they were still able to accommodate me upon my arrival. We went late at night but the food arrived quickly, food was Mmmmm good just right! Jerk chicken and corn were my fav!! Everything on the menu looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibeFelliDined on 9/9/2014The food was great but the service not so much. Music was too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited 30 mns pass our resvationThethinkerDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant overall was great. The music, the food and the bar were good. However when a group got seated before us and we were here first and had reservation that was a big issue. It took another 15mns waiting to get a table. In overall the host could have avoided the issue. Reservations need to be respected if you gonna offer it.
- Always consistentNfdelishDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten her and at their other outpost in the east village and the food has always been spot on. I love this place! The waitstaff is always friendly, the music they play is great and the atmosphere is super relaxed. I will always come back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, Comfortable and DeliciousbellanycDined on 9/2/2014This continues to be one of my favorite spots for casual dinners with friends. Whether at the bar or at a table, the vibe and atmosphere are always just right for some fun and great conversation. Drinks are yummy and the food is always fanstastic and prices are reasonable. Tender goat, crispy cod fritters, amazing veggie sides, fresh juices from next door... The staff is always incredibly friendly. Miss Lily's feels like home.Special Features:
- On Point!DaddyDivineDined on 8/28/2014Great spot, great food! Jerk chicken is ridiculous!Special Features:
- Love ittheophaneiaDined on 8/23/2014Great food, great music, great atmosphere. Definitely coming back, & recommending to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but...FoodDeeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food! The food was decent not great, and especially for the pricing of some of these dishes. Some are large portioned entrees, but mine was very small and nothing outstanding. The vibe and energy of the place itself however along with the service are both great! If you want to be at a vibrant, young hot spot and can overlook average food then this is the place to be. I would say that it is definitely a place going to for apps and drinks.Special Features:
- Lovely place!AP11VIPDined on 8/20/2014Miss Lily's is a charming place with a great decor. The food was great, I especially liked the corn and the jerk chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodDerick9Dined on 8/17/2014If you want a sure thing, that is to say, good food...this this the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO TIGHT FOR COMFORtthebighmancatDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent - among the best Jamaican I've had in a while. Can't speak for the back room but the front room was just packed too tight and made it a little less comfortable than I would've liked. And a little too loud on the beats. But again - food great.Special Features:
- Caribbean in the CitydevineDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time and the service was fast hostess real friendly food was delicious especially the plantain and ackee dipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a nice atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food was delicious and the environment really nice and edgy. We enjoyed a nice early dinner and it was spot on! Thank you Miss Lilys! /swedish couple 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayTinaface421Dined on 8/2/2014I took my Jamaican boyfriend here for his birthday. I knew bringing him here would be a risk. Either he was going to love it or he was going to nit pick at it. We got jerk pork, ackee dip, rice and peas and sorrel. Everything was excellent. He wasn't really impressed with the sorrel but he said everything else was on point. He wants to bring his family to see what they think of the place lol. The dishes did not include rice and peas so that will be an add on. The place is pricey so make sure you come with money. Overall I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiancewestindiesambianceDined on 7/31/2014The music was good...kind of loud...despite the low lighting food was amazing...scenery of restaurant brought back memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MISS LILY's is the Place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I WILL BE BACK ! Great food, nice location a real neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday!lm89Dined on 7/26/2014Had a great birthday at Miss Lily's, from the food to the ambience. The only complaint I have is: it was really warm inside. I was with a group of seven others and everyone was complaining about the room temperature. But everything else was great.Special Features:
- GoodGrumsDinesDined on 7/23/2014The appetizers are amazing (pepper shrimp, ackee dip, cod fritters), although I was sad to see that the ceviche was no longer a part of the menu. The rest of the food was good. Drinks weren't to strong. and the Service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbritgirlVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is one of the better places I've been to. Tips: Jerk corn - very tasty and it has everything. The sweetness of the corn and kick of the jerk and texture of the coconut. Cod fish fritters - spicy and quality fish and dipping sauce. This place has atmosphere as well as great food.Special Features:
- delicious appetizersbluebluesVIPDined on 7/13/2014Have been Miss Lily's for few times and their appetizers are just so amazing! Each time, we order all he appetizers on the list lolSpecial Features:
- Miss Lily's Never Disappoints.JabstepDined on 7/13/2014I've never had anything but an excellent meal and dining experience here. The waitresses are always very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Night at Lily'sNickycent55Dined on 7/12/2014Our reservation was for 9:45, but we weren't seated until about 10:30. We placed our order at about 11pm and our food wasn't served until after midnight, while the party next to us arrived after we did and also ordered, ate and finished their meal before we even got ours (and both parties had the same amount of people) We received free sake shots and a few of our sides were removed from the bill, which was appreciated but overall it was a very bad experience. I won't go as far as saying it ruined our night, but the 3 hours we had to spend at Lily's simply to have a quick meal before enjoying the NYC nightlife was not enjoyable. Saturday was my good friends birthday and he was excited to try Lily's, but we won't be going back again.Special Features:
- food amazejamaicanloverrrDined on 7/9/2014Everytime I come here the food is amazing. Being jamaican, its hard to find good authentic jamaican food. The only complaint is the festival. It was too gritty n nothing about festival should be gritty. Also my sorreltini was blah. Food is 90% of the time delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014We opted to go with the appetizers as we weren't very hungry and we were not disappointed. From the red wine sangria, jerk chicken jaquitos, sweet plantain and jerk corn, I can't wait to try their entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!CathyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Everything at this place is delicious. I've had the oxtail, chicken, cod, pork, & most of the sides, everything is amazing. My absolute favorite dish though is the corn. I'm not a fan of corn, grilled or canned, but the corn at Miss Lily's is the best!Special Features:
- Amazing Jamaican FoodEdichiera76Dined on 6/29/2014One of my favorite restaurants in NYC. Love everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The food was great but a bit too spicy. The main issue is the pricing…tooooo high!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!LaurenVIPDined on 6/21/2014I came here for two special occasions. The food is always great. Some highlights are the corn on the cob and the mac and cheese pie (life-changing). Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- What?timsnicknameVIPDined on 6/21/2014I can't hear you. Place was nuts loud, but maybe that is the vibe they are looking for. As I move from my 30s to my 40s I like to hear the people I am eating with speak. Usually. Food was great, prices are fair, Jamaican-inspired room is colorful and different. And with all due respect, the waitresses, mostly tall and dark, were a treat both to look at and be served by.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingYummyVIPDined on 6/16/2014If you have food issues they are not very accommodating - aka no substituting or sauces on the side. Waitstaff is aloof and more concerned with their looks.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Friendly place.Good for kids. To high played music ,hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- No longer the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Living off the name, no longer the same So sad what it's become. Used to be great! No longer.
- A Must Dining Experiencefatherof3Dined on 5/29/2014Lively atmosphere. Great food. Good service. This was my second time and again I was very very satisfied with my dinner. We had a good group with us and everyone walked away with a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Close no CigarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I'm hoping the restaurant was short staffed on the night we went because the service was poor. My waitress went missing in action for awhile. The Jerk chicken and Oxtails were good...the rice & peas and drinks not so much. I don't think I'll be back. Negril Village or Ripe in Mt. Vernon is where I will go if I want authentic Jamaican food.
- delish food!foodconnoisseurDined on 5/25/2014We will be back!!! We really had a great time celebrating my hubby's birthday. The only reason they got a 4 is because the host didn't realize a member of my party who didn't see us in the front of the house was actually looking for me until after she let her leave. My phone had died and thankfully the bartender allowed me to charge my phone to call her to come back. They allowed us to move to another table to accommodate my mom's bad back and even brought my hubby dessert. Great pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food but lazy servicesophieelisetDined on 5/25/2014Our server got our appetizer order wrong, to which he did not apologise. Our main plates came out at the same time as the incorrect starter so there wasn't really time to rectify the problem...our server asked 'well, do you want us to make you the dish?' in an indifferent manner, rather than apologising for the inconvenience and either offering the incorrect dish as a complimentary course or requesting the kitchen to make the ordered item quickly as possible. Food was tasty and came in generous portions, and the music was great, but the service marred our experience. They were slow at bringing us change for our check too and didn't acknowledge the reasonable tip we added, despite them really not deserving it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Miss Lily's reviews archive.
- interestingbyebyeDined on 5/22/2014Arrived on time for reservation and was seated in tight, hot booth by kitchen. Had to request a better table, but then promise to be done by a certain time..kinda rude. Food good. Service okay. Very trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating WifeyJohnnito100fuegosDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I have been trying to dine here for a few years now. We finally got our chance on her b'earthday. She absolutely loved it! You have your traditional Jamaican cuisine options but what I loved is their fusion options. The escovitch fish and jicama tacos are amazing, had to order it twice! My wife ordered the Mackerel and it was slammin'! The bartender was on point with her mixing and mastering too! Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The most important thing though is that my wife enjoyed herself fully, no qualms! I recommend this spot to anyone looking to wine and dine their significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and deliciousKKatVIPDined on 5/11/2014I always enjoy Jamaicab food, and this place didn't disappoint. Delicious and with great service. Highly recommend the Dutty Wine and Jerk Grilled Corn to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our server was wonderful, but the restaurant managed our reservation poorly. We were told by the hostess that despite our reservation, we would have to make sure we were done within an hour and a half to accommodate another reservation. This statement was made despite 1.) there being other open tables; and 2.) the patrons at what was identified as our originally intended table not being far enough along in their meal for us to be able to sit, which is to say they were accommodated. Since we had no control of how long it took the food to be delivered, we went past our designated 1.5 hours, and were asked if we could hurry up to accommodate the group that was being brought in. This wasn't pleasant, and I doubt I'll return.