130-132 W. Houston Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.misslilysnyc.com/
- Phone: (646) 588-5375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Takeout / Delivery: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Kemis Lawrence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for details. We will customize your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Miss Lily's colorful and cheerful private room displays checkered floors, vinyl booths, and walls decked out with album covers spanning 50 years of Jamaican music history. Raggae, mento, soca and ska beats keep the festive mood rolling. This marvelous room has capacity for 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Karina Vidal 6465885375
- Cross Street: Sullivan Street
- Public Transit: Subway lines:
#1 to Houston Street.
C, E to Spring Street.
A, B, C, D, E, F, M to West 4th Street or Broadway Lafayette.
N, R, W to Prince Street,
#6 to Bleeker.
Bus lines: M5-LTD to Broadway & Houston. M103 to Bowery & E. Houston. M2-LTD to E 8th Street & Mercer St. M21 to W. Houston& Sullivan St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking on W. Houston is possible after 6 p.m. Alternate side parking regulations apply on side streets.
A word from Miss Lily's
Welcome to Miss Lily's, a Caribbean oasis in the middle of downtown Manhattan. Our modern approach to classic island cooking draws from the diverse roots of Jamaican cuisine. Enjoy our delicacies, such as jerk chicken, escovitch fish, oxtail and curry goat seasoned with scotch bonnet peppers and jerk spices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miss Lily's reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (43)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (28)late-night find (24)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Miss Lily's is great funhavilmDined on 11/17/2014We loved Miss Lily's for its authentic Jamaican fare and great music (not live but the beat really sets the ambience). The decor is fun in red with Jamaican themes. We arrived at 6:00p so got a booth. The female bartender wore a fabulous headscarf and dress in Jamaican fabrics. The appetizer was beautiful with large petals of fried plantain in hummus. The curried goat was a hit entrée and the chef can adjust for a milder spice on most dishes if requested. At the end, our server gave us some cool Miss Lily's postcards to mail to others. Loved the whole experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun!Saturdaynight1VIPDined on 11/15/2014We frequent Miss Lily's for great food and a chic crowd. All the people that work there have great outgoing personalities. Reservations are a must since it is a very popular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014The service was fantastic. The food came out fast and was super yummy. The goat curry was maybe a little too salty for my taste but that could just be a personal thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sit-Down West Indian Spotnima06Dined on 11/2/2014This is the best sit-down restaurant serving authentic West Indian food I have had in Manhattan. There are tons of places in the outerboroughs, but this place is a gem in SoHo. And if you are into Reggae, the tunes don't disappoint! From old to new, Ska and all. Even the posters on the wall are great; some bring back sentiment for those who recognize them...Big up Miss Lily's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Jamaican Food in Manhattan!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/27/2014You know how hard it is to find non-Golden Krust Jamaican south of Harlem and west of Brooklyn? They even had FESTIVAL. Real talk, drinks were favorite in the city--sweet as they get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC FindgcolacciDined on 10/26/2014Loved visiting this restaurant, the food was amazing. Had the share platter that allowed me to try all the bests from the menu. Really enjoyed it. Will be back and will reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very livelyMeatyDined on 10/16/2014It's small, but lively. It gets crowded and the music can be too loud at times. The menu is limited, but everything we got was good. Food comes out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceLilouDined on 10/11/2014I booked a table for 6 male friends. They enjoyed the atmosphere and the food but told me that the service has been terrible. For example, the waitress forgot to bring a cocktail despite asking 3 times.... and that is one of many. The atmosphere was great for this group of party guys even if in the end, the level of sound was so high that they couldn't speak to each others. The food was simple but with a twist that leaded to a great food experience. Overall, they had a good time and they ate very well.Special Features:
- Yummy Food!HonestMeDined on 10/4/2014It's a relatively small space but you won't mind since the food is soooo good! The decor is artistic and fun so if your date is boring, no worries! You can stare at the different Vinyl covers displayed throughout the room :-). Every alcoholic beverage I had was horrible so either the Bartender was too tired to take his time to mix the drinks or he just overall didn't know what he was doing other then that I'd definitely go back! Cheers!Special Features:
- Loved it!!!SashDined on 10/3/2014Best carribean resturant in new york city!! Great food!! Great music!! Great decorations!! Lovely staff very polite and extremely beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love miss lilys!IlovefoodDined on 9/28/2014I took my boyfriend here for this 30th because it had been recommended by so many of our friends and we loved everything about it! Will definitely be coming back here next time we are in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineDined on 9/24/2014The atmosphere was nice. We had an appetizer of the codfish Fritters which were very tasty. My husband ordered the jerk chicken and I ordered the ox tail stew. They got my order wrong, and when they corrected it the ox tail stew was not hot. I had them to wrap it to go. Make sure you check your check before paying it, they included three entrées on our check. They charge me for the entrée that they bought to me in error. Hostess waiters and waitresses were very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic...MarioDined on 9/21/2014Authentic West Indian Food. Had the sampler for two, Jerk chicken, oxtail, and goat. It came with a mix veggie, rice & beans. Very tasty and very good but small portion. If you are hungry would not be adequate. Ordered wine, came in a juice glass thought it was strange. Called the waitress over for wine glass, was happy to make the change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I made reservations that same day and even had to change the reservation.time but they were still able to accommodate me upon my arrival. We went late at night but the food arrived quickly, food was Mmmmm good just right! Jerk chicken and corn were my fav!! Everything on the menu looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibeFelliDined on 9/9/2014The food was great but the service not so much. Music was too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited 30 mns pass our resvationThethinkerDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant overall was great. The music, the food and the bar were good. However when a group got seated before us and we were here first and had reservation that was a big issue. It took another 15mns waiting to get a table. In overall the host could have avoided the issue. Reservations need to be respected if you gonna offer it.
- Always consistentNfdelishDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten her and at their other outpost in the east village and the food has always been spot on. I love this place! The waitstaff is always friendly, the music they play is great and the atmosphere is super relaxed. I will always come back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, Comfortable and DeliciousbellanycDined on 9/2/2014This continues to be one of my favorite spots for casual dinners with friends. Whether at the bar or at a table, the vibe and atmosphere are always just right for some fun and great conversation. Drinks are yummy and the food is always fanstastic and prices are reasonable. Tender goat, crispy cod fritters, amazing veggie sides, fresh juices from next door... The staff is always incredibly friendly. Miss Lily's feels like home.Special Features:
- On Point!DaddyDivineDined on 8/28/2014Great spot, great food! Jerk chicken is ridiculous!Special Features:
- Love ittheophaneiaDined on 8/23/2014Great food, great music, great atmosphere. Definitely coming back, & recommending to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but...FoodDeeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food! The food was decent not great, and especially for the pricing of some of these dishes. Some are large portioned entrees, but mine was very small and nothing outstanding. The vibe and energy of the place itself however along with the service are both great! If you want to be at a vibrant, young hot spot and can overlook average food then this is the place to be. I would say that it is definitely a place going to for apps and drinks.Special Features:
- Lovely place!AP11VIPDined on 8/20/2014Miss Lily's is a charming place with a great decor. The food was great, I especially liked the corn and the jerk chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodDerick9Dined on 8/17/2014If you want a sure thing, that is to say, good food...this this the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO TIGHT FOR COMFORtthebighmancatDined on 8/15/2014The food was excellent - among the best Jamaican I've had in a while. Can't speak for the back room but the front room was just packed too tight and made it a little less comfortable than I would've liked. And a little too loud on the beats. But again - food great.Special Features:
- Caribbean in the CitydevineDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time and the service was fast hostess real friendly food was delicious especially the plantain and ackee dipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a nice atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food was delicious and the environment really nice and edgy. We enjoyed a nice early dinner and it was spot on! Thank you Miss Lilys! /swedish couple 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayTinaface421Dined on 8/2/2014I took my Jamaican boyfriend here for his birthday. I knew bringing him here would be a risk. Either he was going to love it or he was going to nit pick at it. We got jerk pork, ackee dip, rice and peas and sorrel. Everything was excellent. He wasn't really impressed with the sorrel but he said everything else was on point. He wants to bring his family to see what they think of the place lol. The dishes did not include rice and peas so that will be an add on. The place is pricey so make sure you come with money. Overall I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ambiancewestindiesambianceDined on 7/31/2014The music was good...kind of loud...despite the low lighting food was amazing...scenery of restaurant brought back memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 150 reviews are from the Miss Lily's reviews archive.
- MISS LILY's is the Place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I WILL BE BACK ! Great food, nice location a real neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday!lm89Dined on 7/26/2014Had a great birthday at Miss Lily's, from the food to the ambience. The only complaint I have is: it was really warm inside. I was with a group of seven others and everyone was complaining about the room temperature. But everything else was great.Special Features:
- GoodGrumsDinesDined on 7/23/2014The appetizers are amazing (pepper shrimp, ackee dip, cod fritters), although I was sad to see that the ceviche was no longer a part of the menu. The rest of the food was good. Drinks weren't to strong. and the Service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbritgirlVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is one of the better places I've been to. Tips: Jerk corn - very tasty and it has everything. The sweetness of the corn and kick of the jerk and texture of the coconut. Cod fish fritters - spicy and quality fish and dipping sauce. This place has atmosphere as well as great food.Special Features:
- delicious appetizersbluebluesVIPDined on 7/13/2014Have been Miss Lily's for few times and their appetizers are just so amazing! Each time, we order all he appetizers on the list lolSpecial Features:
- Miss Lily's Never Disappoints.JabstepDined on 7/13/2014I've never had anything but an excellent meal and dining experience here. The waitresses are always very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Night at Lily'sNickycent55Dined on 7/12/2014Our reservation was for 9:45, but we weren't seated until about 10:30. We placed our order at about 11pm and our food wasn't served until after midnight, while the party next to us arrived after we did and also ordered, ate and finished their meal before we even got ours (and both parties had the same amount of people) We received free sake shots and a few of our sides were removed from the bill, which was appreciated but overall it was a very bad experience. I won't go as far as saying it ruined our night, but the 3 hours we had to spend at Lily's simply to have a quick meal before enjoying the NYC nightlife was not enjoyable. Saturday was my good friends birthday and he was excited to try Lily's, but we won't be going back again.Special Features:
- food amazejamaicanloverrrDined on 7/9/2014Everytime I come here the food is amazing. Being jamaican, its hard to find good authentic jamaican food. The only complaint is the festival. It was too gritty n nothing about festival should be gritty. Also my sorreltini was blah. Food is 90% of the time delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014We opted to go with the appetizers as we weren't very hungry and we were not disappointed. From the red wine sangria, jerk chicken jaquitos, sweet plantain and jerk corn, I can't wait to try their entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!CathyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Everything at this place is delicious. I've had the oxtail, chicken, cod, pork, & most of the sides, everything is amazing. My absolute favorite dish though is the corn. I'm not a fan of corn, grilled or canned, but the corn at Miss Lily's is the best!Special Features:
- Amazing Jamaican FoodEdichiera76Dined on 6/29/2014One of my favorite restaurants in NYC. Love everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The food was great but a bit too spicy. The main issue is the pricing…tooooo high!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.