619 Edgewood Ave. SE
Altanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6787010128x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm; Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
*Dining area last seating is at 9:30 pm. Last call for food and drinks in the dining area is at 10:00 pm. Any guest that comes in after 9:30 pm will be seated in the bar area. Last call for hot food is at 10:30 pm and last call for sushi and drinks is at 11:30 pm.
Thank you for choosing Miso Izakaya. Please be advise when making a reservation through Open Table: in order to maximize and accommodate all guests we reserve the right to assign any available seats in the restaurant. Seating area includes: dining tables, sushi bar and the communal table. Any request will be consider, but not guaranteed. Seating at the bar is first come, first serve. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Guy Wong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area
- Cross Street: Edgewood and Randolph St
- Public Transit: Marta: We are located between the Inman Park and King Memorial (blue or green line) train stop. It will be an appoximately a mile walk from either station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot is located to the right of the building. There are also street parking in front of the restaurant.
A word from Miso Izakaya
Izakaya literally means "stay sake shop." They were traditionally down-to-earth places where men drank sake and beer after work--essentially a Japanese-style tavern. As in Japan, we offer a comfortable style of dining centered around sharable plates and a variety of drinks, including sake, shochu, beer and cocktails. Our food changes seasonally, adhering to fundamentals of Japanese food while offering a unique take on traditional dishes. Enjoy yourself, relax, and linger with good friends, good food and good drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miso Izakaya reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (32)romantic (21)hot spot (21)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- one of my favesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Yummy. Just dont expect things to come out at once or in any particular order. Just enjoy and let them surprise youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently spectacularKaliatlDined on 10/21/2014the bartender and cocktail specials are some of the city's best. rivals kimball house in quality, creativity and execution. a perfect evening, every time. date night spot for me and my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLBfoodieDined on 10/15/2014What a great place! The decor is really beautiful and the sushi was delicious. Definitely my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulbraadleeDined on 10/3/2014We've visited the restaurant back to back two nights in a row, because of the great food on our first visit. We were pleasantly surprised with how well seasoned ALL of our dishes were. We don't usually eat Japanese. But this restaurant has convinced us that we've been missing out.Special Features:
- Great Asian fusion spotFoodmanDined on 9/19/2014We went for a special occasion and wish we hadn't waited so long to try Miso's. The food was awesome and our server was really great: helpful, not hovering, fun to meet. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kk66kk66VIPDined on 9/15/2014We have dined here many times. We are neighborhood folks. The food is always amazing and it is nice to see the place so busy. They need to be sure to have all menu items available, especially on the limited wine list! But we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in O4W and sushiIveysmDined on 9/12/2014I have been to Miso Izakaya several times and it's always a treat to come back. It can be hard to get a table if you book last minute due to it's small space and popularity, but I made a reservation early in the week and had no issues. I took some friends that were in from out of town, one of them being Vietnamese and one having lived in China, so I wanted to make sure to impress them. They loved the food! We ordered several items such as the Dan Dan Ramen, Soft Shell BLT bun, a tofu dish, and several rolls and sashimi. Also, if you can get in before they change their seasonal salad, the kale salad with miso dressing and toasted coconut flakes is really delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not repeat experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I was looking forward to the sushi but didn't have a chance to try any. After seating at the table for an hour enjoying apps we gave our server the sushi order: he told us resturant was full and it would. Take over an hour to get Any sushi. Very disappointing.
- Dissapointingsmp627VIPDined on 8/4/2014We waited 15 minutes for both our 1st and 2nd round of drinks. The appetizers and main course came out in a timely manner. Afterwards, we were still a little hungry so we got 2 small orders of nigiri. The waitress told us when we ordered it would be about 15 minutes because they were busy which was fine. Then, 20 minutes later she came back and said it would be another 15 minutes before our food was ready! I think that 35+ minutes for sushi is ridiculous and a manager didn't even come by to apologize. That along with the amount of time we waited for drinks was just outrageous. I will go back because I have never had this problem before and the food is amazing (this was my 4th visit), but if it happens again that will be it.
- Solid sushiAtlantaInTownDined on 8/2/2014This place is currently my favorite mid-range sushi in Atlanta and by far the best in the Inman Park/Little Five Points/Edgewood/Poncey-Highland area. There are four or five places that are fancy/$$$$ that are better, but for sushi that you can/want to eat every week, Miso is really, really good. And many weeks, we eat there twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my husband's favorites!cm8910VIPDined on 7/18/2014We usually get the same delicious dishes and split them - Shouyu Tamago, Gyoza Fried, Pork or Duck Bun, Sesame String Beans, and Karubi. We'd recommend trying any or all of them. Service is good too. Sometimes sushi takes a long time, but they will tell you up front. You probably wouldn't guess from the outside, but it's quite cute inside. The prices are reasonable. Reservations on the weekend are recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!IMC75Dined on 7/17/2014Came with my sisters. We can't wait to come back--our foodie dad is sure to love this spot!Special Features:
- Intown gemjcatlVIPDined on 7/12/2014We eat here on a regular basis. Not only does the restaurant offer a large list of shochu and chilled sakes, the food is always good too. The small plates are interesting, and we've not found another place that has better shrimp dumplings (shumai). There is better sushi in town, but Miso's sushi complements the rest of the menu, the atmosphere and the drink menu. Recommended, and reservations are must for weekends.Special Features:
- Amazing Food/ServiceCAS746Dined on 7/5/2014The food was spectacular and the service was top notch. Very friendly server. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Miso Izakaya reviews archive.
- Menu favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Love this place. Service is friendly. Favorites: buns, shumai, tonkatsu, short ribs, shoyu tomago, green beans,... so many good things. Only down side is that drinks and food are often slow and don't seem to come out in any particular order. But, be patient and flexible and you'll have a great meal.Special Features:
- Great SushiSushiloverDined on 6/20/2014Miso has amazing sushi. It is a bit pricier than other local options (at least for sashimi), but it was well worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, but Think Tapas Stylechels902Dined on 6/11/2014We ordered the gyoza and duck bun as an appetizer and then my boyfriend ordered a chicken plate and the dan dan ramen as his entree and I ordered the kimchi rice as mine. All of the food was outstanding, I highly recommend the ramen! So much flavor and perfect spice. My only concern was that the server didn't explain how each dish comes out as soon as it's ready. The gyoza and chicken came out first, then the duck bun. We were able to share them all as appetizers but the chicken was expected as an entree. Then my boyfriend's ramen came out. It wasn't until he finished that my rice dish came out. It was very awkward eating separately. When I politely complained she then told us how everything is served. Best idea is to order and share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great befor the Fox TheatreJohnGDined on 6/6/2014Had a quick dinner here before going to the Fox Theatre. Service was prompt, sushi was top notch, and make sure and get the steamed buns! Easy free parking on the street. Had to rush out, so next time would like to stay longer and try more sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi in AtlantambarbeeVIPDined on 6/5/2014Miso Izakaya is a great find for Sushi and Japanese food in Atlanta. The vibe is great, lots of interesting cocktails and a good wine and sake list. We loved the duck bun and all the sushi. Great, friendly and helpful service too. Thanks Miso!Special Features:
- Always fantasticMattWeaverDined on 6/3/2014Miso is a regular go-to for my friends and me, and it's consistently the best food in Atlanta. Excellent food, hip atmosphere, really good all-around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Fantastic Izakaya, or take on one. Everything was spot on, without exception. Drinks, food, service were all on point without going overboard.Special Features:
- Miso WonderfulPeatMossDined on 5/17/2014GREAT service both at the bar and at our table! GREAT food! Best sushi I have had in Atlanta. We won't hesitate to return. Cocktails - try the Moscow Mule. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and DrinksZmamaDined on 5/10/2014The sushi is very good and the japanese tapas are excellent. I went back 2 weeks after my first visit. Highly recommend the duck buns and pork belly eggplant. The kale salad is delicious.Special Features:
- Everything is GOOD here!!!millegaDined on 5/9/2014The food is amazing. The buns are light and flavorful. Sushi was fresh and inspired. And the Saki was warm. It is everything I look for in a Japanese restaurant. Definitely worth the visit!!! Great place to take friends and eat food you won't forget.Special Features:
- Great food.mathieukDined on 5/7/2014Everything was excellent, will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- First visitbillDined on 5/3/2014somehow I hadn't been here before but I will definitely be back. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- obsessedmaryVIPDined on 4/21/2014i have been twice in the past few weeks and ill be going again soon- which is not like me as i like to try new restaurants all the time. i love this place and everything on the menu has been incredible!Special Features:
- Searched for a new restaurantIntownreviewerVIPDined on 4/18/2014Our group of 4 was in search for a new dining spot and we got lucky with finding Miso Izakaya. We had great service even though it was a very vibrant Friday night. Two of us had a few small plates of cooked items like beef while the other two had an assortment of sushi. I found every bite of sushi to be wonderful. It was fresh and delicious and was prepared with such care and thought. While we only had wine, I noticed that there was a list of great sounding cocktails. I will most definitely try a few on our next visit. We live close, so now we know where our next go to spot is. Great find for a very enjoyable dinner out with friends.Special Features:
- We started with a ginger salad,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014We started with a ginger salad, miso soup, & the pork dumplings. The pork dumplings were cooked to perfection, and the salad was quite a large portion for the price. For the main course, we ordered the Korean Fried Chicken (KFC), the fried yellow tail cheek, Kalbi beef, & tuna tartar. I loved the seasonging of the kalbi beef - so tender and juicy. I would highly recommend the fried yellow tail cheek. By far my favorite dish I had there. The KFC was pretty good - creative. The tartar was spicey, and I loved the quail egg on top. The plum ice cream was okay. The tables for two were tightly packed together so if you're going there for a first date or for a romantic evening, you may want to request a booth. Other than, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Awesome Japanese RestaurantTodEdgeVIPDined on 4/4/2014Miso Izakaya is a wonderful Japanese restaurant with great food, terrific cocktails, and warm, perfectly-lit ambiance with tasteful and interesting decor. Love the tree branch sculptures! An Atlanta gem that you must check out, if you haven't already. Servers are always friendly, too. We've been three or four times now and have always loved it.Special Features:
- Sushimbt13VIPDined on 4/4/2014Good sushi we each (3 of us) had appetizers and split 7 rolls, which was too much food. Our server wasn't very helpful about ordering or attentive. But the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.