Mise en Place
442 W. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 110
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Mise en Place
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miseonline.com/
- Phone: 8132545373x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30PM - 10PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marty Blitz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mise en Place
Since 1986, Mise en Place has developed into Tampa’s premier restaurant for modern American cuisine with an exciting and dynamic menu and flavors reflecting award-winning Chef-Owner Marty Blitz's insatiable love of food. His cooking style incorporates the regional flavors of our global community on the West Coast of Florida with his European training in the classics. The passion of independent proprietor Maryann Ferenc reflects in the spirit of the staff and the level of personal care in your dining experience. Mise En Place features an extensive and ever-changing wine list, and Wine Director Dave Madera has an extraordinary capability to pair your meal with a sensational glass of wine, elevating the dining experience. Chef Marty Blitz's passion goes beyond the regular menu items, for he has created a "Get Blitzed Tasting Menu" that incorporates a five course menu paired with wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mise en Place - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Mise en Place reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (90)romantic (77)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (9)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Tampa GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Creative menu . Great service that is knowledgable and attentive without being intrusive . Perfect for that special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!bluefreckle21Dined on 9/9/2014I took my wife and some of our close friends for dinner the other night. Our service was pretty good. We had two servers, I found this odd because we were introduced to only one of them. After our main plates were served the other server paid more attention to us. The food was great minus the fried quail and Kobe. The quail was dry. The beef was seared when it was ordered med rare and it had no seasoning. I would've let someone know, but our server didn't come over until 9 minutes after we were eating. On a positive note all of the other food, including dessert were fantastic! The risotto was the best! Overall this was a great dining experience minus the few hiccups with the food and confusion about who our server was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal.MichelleDined on 9/9/2014We are already planning our next visit there. Food was excellent, place was neat and clean, and service was very good. We were especially impressed with the hostess who greeted us so nicely.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Amazing menu! Everything we tried was excellent and perfectly prepared and presented. Staff is very attentive but not obnoxious. A must for that special occasion -- anniversary, birthday etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBethDined on 9/5/2014My fiancé and I love to go out to local restaurants that experiment with food. I am a vegetarian and they were more then happy to show me the vegetarian options and even offered to replace the meat/fish options with tofu. We went at 5:00 pm for an early dinner. Most of the people were at the bar so we had the dining area to ourselves (besides two other couples). The staff is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The best ever!PinkyOVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food is simply amazing. My husband and I were practically licking the plates off it was so good. We started with the Pork Belly dish with the edamame salad and loved it. For our second course, we had the Oxtail Poutine. I could eat that dish every day of my life! For our main courses, my husband had the Korean beef filet which was really good. But my rack of lamb dish was the best ever!! We had the chocolate mouse for dessert and wish we ordered two!! Our only regret was not coming here sooner. This is officially our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmosphereVeryPleasedDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food and will definitely return. The service was wonderful up until we finished our entrees. It took an hour for us to order dessert and cash out, and our server didn’t even take care of any of those things, nor say goodbye/thank you. So we finished on a bit of a bum-note and our backs were hurting after sitting there for three hours, but the food was super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCraftfoodieDined on 8/28/2014Ordered a little too much but everything was amazing. Service was great and ambiance was perfect for our special occasion. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualWEJ33760Dined on 8/23/2014As usual Mise en Place was excellent. A little pricey but worth it. Had the Veal and it was excellent. Tough call between here and Cafe Ponte but this is much quieter, but no piano player. Overall a great evening with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As rock solid as everVerySatisfiedDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014After all these years, Mise en Place continues to amaze. Friday night dinner for 2, an intimate birthday dinner after a busy week. The classic Mise ambience level: busy & vibrant, but in a subdued way. A great mixed-age crowd! And the always-welcoming atmosphere and mood (except more lighting or better pinpoint lighting on tables would be terrific and would make the menu readable!) Impeccable service. But the real star? Uncompromising food. Excellent fried oysters; an exceptional fresh grilled squash salad that screamed 'local, earthy and beautiful.' An amazing horseradish/truffle-crusted salmon and equally delicious scaloppini. A lovely amuse, a bright lemon sorbet intermezzo, and a perfect dessert. It's always perfection!Special Features:
- A foodie's paradiseRachelDined on 8/22/2014An absolute delight. We shared a first course Charcuterie board and two second course dishes: Aleppo peppered scallops and Kobe oxtail. I'm a very experienced foodie and even had to look up a few words on the menu. A truly fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceStu542VIPDined on 8/16/2014I like the way the seating is set up in here. We had a private corner booth that was just lovely. The waiter had recommendations which were based on taste not on the most expensive item. Drinks were always filled, atmosphere was very pleasant. The lamb was outstanding and I am willing to go so far as to say it is my new reference lamp chop beating out the Blue Lion in Jackson Hole WY, but only by a tad....Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We couldn't have chosen a more delightful venue for our 46th wedding anniversary. We were treated very specially, with attention or distance at the appropriate time. Our server was charming and friendly and the food was divine!Special Features:
- Ladies night outLjmfDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding, our server was pleasant and acccommodating and the atmosphere was lovely. Makes for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice nightFargDined on 8/15/2014We sat in the lounge at a nice corner booth and enjoyed the taster menu which pairs a set menu with wines. It was awesome. Your not going to leave here stuffed hug that's okay as the good and wine was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moved to #1 on our listFoodieDeeDined on 8/9/2014We have dined here many times. The food and dining experience are consistently excellent. Took friends visiting from North Carolina on Saturday. They are foodies and were very impressed. We have put Mise En Place at the top of our favorite-restaurant-in-area list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and Unique but FlatlovegoodfoodDined on 8/8/2014This is a unique restaurant whose rave reviews lead to anticipation of ultra-fine dining but left us with mixed feelings and ultimately flat. After being directed to our table we first observed how loud the bar was. Our two servers routinely reached across the table to fill glasses, gather plates etc. The wine list is fantastic and our servers recommendations were well received. The presentation of all dishes was spectacular. Son ordered lobster mac-n-cheese appetizer which was "to die for" but the adult salads were just "ok." The table bread was nothing special. Panera is better. Risotto incredible. Main course tuna terrific but potatoes yucky. Kobe beef incredible. Desert was the best offering. 5 star mon-thurs maybe?Special Features:
- Everybody must get. "Blitzed"TPAFoodEDined on 8/8/2014Amazing menu! 5 courses of palate pleasing pleasure, paired with amazing wines from across the globe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance and staffJagloverDined on 8/8/2014This is definitely a must try when in Tampa. The cheese grits are unsurpassed!Special Features:
- mjEatsDined on 8/7/2014Second time I've taken a large group here and very pleased with everything. The food is great, the presentation unique, the waiters attentive but not intrusive, and while the restaurant was full, we had no trouble having great conversation all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsCBValdovinoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Once again it was a most remarkable meal. The menu has many inventive selections to choose from and it is always difficult to make a decision. We wanted a quiet evening eating well and drinking a fine wine without having to shout to hear each over the ambient noise, and we got both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nighttearzofglassDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I went her for our date night. The food was great and so was the service. We were there for about 2.5 - 3 hours and sat in the lounge area on the couch seating. We were not rushed at all and got to enjoy many of the appetizers at our leisure and then shared and entrée dish. We ordered a cheese plate for dessert and our server also gave us a complimentary port to go along with it. Great date night for sure and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLarryDined on 8/5/2014My wife had the tasting menus with wine. She loved it all, calling the wine pairings perfect. The oxtail was remarkable. I tasted great scallops. I found the arugula salad and free range chicken excellent. It was our anniversary and we got some wonderful Spanish sparkling wine. Had a very Carmel and chocolate dessert that is best if a fan of Carmel. The service was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Understand the hypeFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Went on a Saturday evening with my wife. Place was about 3/4 full at prime time. It's quiet and very dark, good ambience. The dishes that we had were just average to slightly above average, certainly not worth the high price tag. Our server, who also doubled as the water guy and had far too many tables to attend to, was poor. I hate to say it, but we get better service at chain restaurants than we did on our first, and last - visit to Mise en Place. The positives were the wine and the "chocolate mousse" desert. The biggest negative, other than our poor service, was the first dish served had the top of a wine wrapper on the plate (really?). The server said, "oh that's not supposed to be there" with no other apology or comp given.
- Classy Birthday DinnerfatsDined on 8/2/2014We had my husbands birthday dinner here with a group of friends. The service was impeccable and the food was even better. They had out table set up and ready to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday celebrationfoodiefamilyDined on 7/26/2014High class, beautiful atmosphere. Attentive, professional service. extensive wine list. Food selection was delightfully creative, and the execution beautiful on each plate. From small plates, to first courses, then on to main courses and dessert, we found our choices to be wonderful! Even the cocktails were unique and delicious! We will definitely be back! Standouts were the soft shell crab, flash fried quail, and carpaccio appetizers, and the lamb, venison, duck, and tuna main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell Very ShortFooDeeDined on 7/26/2014Overall, this was not a great dining experience. I went there expecting to pay more for fine dining and when I left was underwhelmed. The atmosphere was not what I expected but I was still anticipating a great meal. To cut to the point, the descriptions of the food far exceeded the quality of the food and even included elements that were not even present. Over sauced, inconsistent meat textures, and plating seemed like an after thought. It felt more like food from a bad wedding reception and I was very disappointed in the whole evening. Unfortunately, I will not be back. I have NEVER complained on line but feel compelled to since I was taking my girlfriend out for her birthday and did not want to ruin her night. I wanted to love it.Special Features:
- A delicious taste of creativity.luv2eatmDined on 7/26/2014Mise en Place has one of the most creative menus in the Tampa Bay area. At our table we had lamb, veal, red snapper, and beef. Each plate was beautifully served and tasted fantastic. The chocolate pecan toffee mouse is a must try for dessert. Everything about our evening was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in TampaLove2EatGreatFoodDined on 7/26/2014This is a great local find! The service was friendly, professional and thorough. The food was out of this world! Chef creates menu items that you'd never think would work, but they do, oh so well! We will make it a point to visit this gem every time we visit Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting inconsistentwendykpDined on 7/25/2014Mise en Place has been our go to restaurant for years. The interesting menu and quality ingredients have always impressed. Lately though, both service and quality have been inconsistent when compared to previous visits. On 7/31/2014 our table for 3 was left for 30+ minutes after placing our order without a visit from our server. Both tables next to use received an amuse, and we did not, for the first time ever. It was not packed for a friday night. The charcuterie plate was excellent, as were both poutines and the pork belly, once finally delivered. The kobe strips were perfect, but the duck, always a favorite here, was quite fatty and not seared off to crisp the top. Hopefully our last 2 trips were just off nights, we will try again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find for Foodies!MissSharpeDined on 7/23/2014The décor is modern and cozy, with warm lighting and several dining niches. At first our dining alcove was a bit loud thanks to a diner at a nearby table who didn't understand the concept of "using your indoor voice." Still, it was a pleasant and romantic atmosphere. The service is absolutely stellar and the food is amazing. We started with the Seared Foie Gras, it was buttery and delicious. The three sauces it was served with were lovely, but in my opinion the heirloom tomato golden raisin agro dolce was divine. Our main courses, the Togarashi Seared Duck Breast and the Sous Vide Venison were delicious. For dessert, I highly recommend the Bananas Foster bread pudding. It was surprisingly light and delicate. The perfect end to our meal.Special Features:
- Tampa's best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014I'm embarrassed to say that it has taken so long for me to visit Mise en Place. This is a gem and clearly the finest restaurant in Tampa, as evidenced by the recent USA Today rating. Luigi and Dave were excellent servers, both knowlegable and friendly. Dave Madera, the GM, spent some time with us discussing wine and food. From teh pork belly appetizer through to the creme brulee, everything was amazing. If you have nevern had it you must try the rack of lamb entree. It's been on the menu since they opened 28 years ago for a good reason.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Much more than good is necessary to prompt a comment from me. The description in Fodor's of meticulous preparation was right on point. The food was superb and the presentation exceptional. This restaurant compares favorably with respected restaurants in New York and Chicago that we have enjoyed this summer. The menu is not simple, but the waiters are knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningpestomomDined on 7/18/2014Our lovely server Monica gave fantastic suggestions and with Rick by her side they were just the right amount of attentive. Highlights were the pork belly appetizer, scallops, lamb chops, venison, and lobster. All around delicious menu and we will return. Great cocktails and expansive wine list. While it is expensive, it is without a doubt worth it and one of the best ways to spend your money on food in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine herephermented1Dined on 7/15/2014Menu changes frequently and is very creative. Service is professional, knowledgable, and attentive. Wine list is on point and has something for everyone from cult producers to esoteric selections, all with very good pricing. This is one of the oldest, established restaurants in the area and they consistently keep it new, fresh, and intriguing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious in Every WayHodgesVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was a case of for once a restaurant living up to its reputation. Everything I had was fantastic, beautifully prepared and presented. Impressive wine list. My table mates also seemed to enjoy all their choices. The lobster sous vide is a great choice. The interior is far lovelier than the photos on website convey. A little expensive but worth it My table mates found the service a bit slow but I enjoyed the unhurried pace between courses and while enjoying the wine--just know that in your planning of your evening.Special Features:
- Excellent business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014The food was perfect and our waiter Dave made just the right recommendations. I can't wait to come back at night for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 7/3/2014Good food, good wine, quiet atmosphere.great serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent experience. I was our first time there and the price was worth it for a special occasion. Definitely a unique Tampa Experience.Special Features:
- A Special NightLeslieVIPDined on 6/28/2014When our 6 year old(going on 16) granddaughter requested lamb chops in a restaurant, I remembered how delicious they were at Mise en Place. We made a 5:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Julia, our server, was fabulous with our granddaughter, making her feel totally special. They even brought her crudites while we ate our salad. The lamb chops arrived and they were delicious. She ate two of the four, letting me (her grandmother) have the other two. Creme brulee was her dessert of choice and it was absolutely scrumptious. So, although we don't usually think of Mise en Place when we plan to take our grandchildren, it was a fantastic choice for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.