Mirko Pasta - Marietta
1281 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mirko Pasta - Marietta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mirkopasta.com/about-mirko
- Phone: (770) 977-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirko Di Giacomantonio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We can cater any size event.. Please contact the Johnson Ferry location for details.
- Entertainment: Live Music on our large outdoor patio on Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from Mirko Pasta - Marietta
Pasta is our Passion, Fresh Pasta is our Obsession!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mirko Pasta - Marietta reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Hidden TreasureKulinaryKidVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great find in a strip mall, would never think the food would be this excellent. All homemade pasta's, organic chicken, fresh vegetables, even an organic wine and some gluten free items. We had the Eggplant Parmigiana and the Champagne Chicken special. Both were excellent, and of course we over indulged in a side pasta dish, which was also Superb. If you are a fan of cheesecake, theirs is a nice blend between light and fluffy and the think New York style. Our server Brandon was also excellent - made great suggestions, including the bottle of wine on special.Special Features:
- Never had a bad mealYumYum3000Dined on 11/3/2014Love this place. Never had a bad meal. I need to start trying something new each time but I keep coming back to the Mare sauce! Service was attentive and patient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2014Great, as always. Does not ever disappoint... Food was great as usual. Service is always good. Managers are always accommodating. Specials are always creative, savory/delicious. It's a very friendly, family feel restaurant. I would and do suggest it to all my friends and family. I take everyone to Mirko's with me. We always hold birthday lunches/dinners at Mirko and all other types of occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimothyDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, the servicewas not quite equal. Thankfully they use runners to bring food as it is ready, but our main server was distracted alot. I would certainly go back and enjoy the great weather eating outside.Special Features:
- Good food, waiter miss a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food, unfortunately our waiter kept missing... from silverware, to refilling waters and handed the check without offering dessert menu, which we had intended to try... but left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice FindWolvesDined on 8/9/2014Nice to have homemade pasta and sauces, and they are well done. The amount of food is generous for the price. Went to the Marietta location, don't know if there are other locations or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was goodchicagofanDined on 8/2/2014This was our third visit to Mirko. The food at Mirko is good. We had some service issues during our last visit and unfortunately they were out of steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sausage, Sage and Apple ravioli?!?!TheGeneralVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food of this quality at a high-end place in Buckhead would be on the price level of Nino's, Pricci and others. The quality is great, it is indeed made in-house. What happened to the Sausage, Sage and Apple ravioli?!?! The flavors were sooo good and with a bolognaise sauce, it is a hearty dish we LOVED and built for for any appetite! I have always raved about their food and at this quality - it would cost more at any other place in Buckhead. THANK YOU MIRKO for being a place we love and eat at often! If you need to raise your prices but please bring back my favoriate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014Food is very good . Service is lacking. Servers would appear to be more suited to fast food joints. The is no pepper on the tables only salt. Monday night wine special was advertised as " get a bottle for the price of a glass". When we got there the server said wine was half price. Still a special price but not as advertised.
- great meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful place to meet friends. Food was amazing, fresh, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20min to be seated AFTER rez time!joopnightVIPDined on 7/25/2014As soon as we walked in for our reservation, on time, we were told by the hostess (in a 'matter of fact way') that we'd have to "wait 15 minutes because we don't accept reservations made in last 1 hour." I made the reservation about 40-45 min in advance and drove to East Cobb from Downtown ATL. They should specifically STATE this on their Opentable page or not let the guest book within 1 hour prior. My wife and I were starving, so to be asked to wait 20 minutes for a table was unacceptable. I'll try this franchise again one more time (I believe in second chances), but in a different location, and only because the food looked pretty good. We had a drink at the bar and left to go to Zeal next door, who fit us in despite being very busy.Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Mirko Pasta - Marietta reviews archive.
- Stick with the pastaWahoo2112Dined on 7/11/2014Our last experience at Mirko certainly not what we have come to expect from this normally competent restaurant. We began the evening by ordering an appetizer of mussels. When our waitress returned some 20 minutes later to take our entree order, we noted the the appetizer had not arrived, and we did not want our appetizer and entrees to arrive at the same time. She assured is they would not. However, the cold, over cooked mussels arrived not 10 seconds before the entrees. They took the mussels back. My salmon was so overdone that I could hardly eat it with a fork. Our waitress said they had been having "trouble in the kitchen". I could tell. My wife's pasta was decent, but the salmon was the worst piece of fish I have ever been served.
- Mirko Makes It (in house)TheGeneralVIPDined on 7/3/2014Mirko does a great job. If you had food of this quality at a high-end place in Buckhead it would be on this price level of Nino's, Pricci and others. The quality is great, it is indeed made in-house and the quality is there.... What happened to the Sausage, Sage and Apple ravioli?!?! The flavors were sooo good and with a bolognaise sauce, it is a hearty dish we LOVED and built for for any appetite! I have always raved about their food and at this quality - it would cost more at any other place in Buckhead. THANK YOU MIRKO for being a place we love and eat at often! If you need to raise your prices but please bring back my favoriate!Special Features:
- Pasta-bilitiesSauce4PleasureDined on 5/26/2014My friend and I enjoyed our dinner at Mirko's this past Monday. We had dined there several times before and always look forward to the next meal there. The restaurant is always clean and the staff is attentive and knowledgeable. The ability to choose one's pasta and sauce combination is fun. We both found our pasta and sauce selections to be excellent as was the wine. Our server, Brittany, was excellent. I have already recommended Mirko's to relatives and work associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousChrisMackDined on 5/22/2014Take Homemade Pasta, with fresh ingredients and you get Mirkos. The menu is vast for a neighborhood restaurant, and the wine selection is very good. The wait staff is attentive and polite. Reservations are a must, as it gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give Mirko's a try!KeobDined on 5/17/2014Thank you for great food, great service. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best value and quality around2culinarytravelersDined on 5/11/2014I normally do not have very high expectations when dining in a strip mall eatery, but this place is well above average. I really wasn't familiar with the name so it was an accidental find, GREAT food, very nice staff, and a real value. From the artisan bread, to the hand made pasta. Lunch for $7-8 bucks, dinner from $11-15, WOW! It's nice to go out and have a really nice meal for 2 without it costing $50.00 plus drinks.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, decent pricesDiscovery1909Dined on 5/3/2014We've been here five times already this year and had good experiences every time. The food is truly Italian, their sauces are claimed to be made fresh daily and indeed taste like that. Their lasagne is one of the tastiest i've had so far in a restaurant. They have specials which taste great as weel, my spouse had lobster today and it was quite impressive. The setting is quite casual, so not really for celebration or something, but very suitable for regular dining. They have promo's on weekdays (bottle of wine for price of a glass on Mondays and kids dining for free on Wednesdays). Service differs, depending on how busy the place is and of course also on people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/26/2014Food & service excellent as always. I take my friends with me all the time. They are fans of Mirko's too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFUNKLORDDined on 3/24/2014The food is always excellent an the wine is damn goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the food was good...saz31VIPDined on 3/14/2014... because the service was poor. So... our 630 rez was honored at 650pm. "The guests were enjoying their meals a little longer than expected" was what the hostess said. Seriously? No... they did not save the table and sold it to walk-ins. Bread did not come until AFTER requested - and after the meal was set on the table. Our waitress repeatedly INTERRUPTED and JOINED our conversations to talk about the food. AWFUL. The food was good... and it is a favorite restaurant for my daughter. But still... there's LOTS of good food in East Cobb - and food that comes with GOOD service.Special Features:
- Chicken MarsallaAngieDined on 2/19/2014Way too much salt and soggy potatoes and spinach Would never order agaiSpecial Features:
- Delicious pasta with crab.ChefzVIPDined on 2/16/2014Delicious pasta with crab. Just wish they would take tails off shrimp!Special Features:
- great valentines dinnerAlexDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend to Mirkos pasta for valentines day. When we arrived they were not serving their normal menu, but a valentines day special. The menu wasnt advertised on open table, and was kind of surprising when we arrived. The cost was $55/ plate, which was well worth it, but not expected. That being said it was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. A full 7 course gourmet meal with a glass of champagne and a bottle of wine included. My date and I were blown away by how good the food was, and the great service. Definitely recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place for a goodpastahunterDined on 2/14/2014I love this place for a good weekend spot for my husband and myself. The pasta dishes are delicious and the ambiance is unassuming, yet inviting. It's nice to dine in a restaurant that doesn't have the wait staff sweeping the floors underneath your feet. It has the feel of a fine dining restaurant without the stuffiness or high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection, Huge PortionsJerryDined on 2/4/2014Two of us ate here for $35 including a beer each. Very creative menu where you build your own pasta dish. I had the seafood pasta and was stuffed when the dinner was over, we had no dessert. Very large portions, took home some of our dinner. Very friendly and fast service. The restaurant is small so my guess is that on a Friday or Saturday night reservations would be advisable. One note: Restaurant is not visible from Johnson's Ferry Road and so we had trouble finding it in the shopping center.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedwifeof52Dined on 2/1/2014Had no idea what to expect. Great food, really good service. Very pleasantly surprised. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- First visitJjayDined on 1/25/2014We were not aware that the restaurant was in the area, but went with a friend and were very pleased with the food and service. Maybe they should advertise a bit. We had left overs for lunch today and they were really good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- This was a neighborhood gem,GemNoMoreVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was a neighborhood gem, but customer service has dropped considerably. Not worth it anymore. Young inexperienced servers with attitude and no idea how to treat customer. Could not even get silverware on table, after three requests. Lot of attitude, better going somewhere else where the customer is serviced. Ciao, gem no more!Special Features:
- Fresh homemade pasta and saucesChrisMackDined on 1/1/2014This place is a steal for homemade pasta and fresh sauces. The portions for dinner resulted in leftovers for lunch. The service and management were very friendly, and attentive in a very laid back environment. Specials offered on certain nights for kids, and wine specials, and other specials on others. Bought gift card for inlaws. Reviews speak for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceFBDinerVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to Mirko for New Years Eve dinner with some friends. The food was excellent. The server and service was excellent. He gave us varous recommendations to mix pasta with different sauces, which all came out great. This was only our 2nd time dining at this restaurant but we'll certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDawnieDined on 11/14/2013The butternut squash ravioli with Norma sauce is a favorite! Yummy food and really great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okBeerbrewerVIPDined on 11/10/2013Interesting concept - mix their pasta and sauces for what you exactly want. The food is fine, nothing exceptional. For the price, it is worth a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good valueOut2EatDined on 11/1/2013Mirko's is a nice small restaurant with a limited menu but a good value for what you get. Our salmon was excellent and the house pino is good. Fresh food, good service and a nice neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with great pricesGBlakeDined on 10/7/2013Our family now has "Mirko Monday" -- both for the wine deal (pay for a glass, get a bottle) and the really good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRJC1VIPDined on 9/13/2013Love this place. We got to speak to the manager for a while Friday night, and was so impressed, we want them to cater an event we have coming upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta is delish!DawnieDined on 8/23/2013Great service and good food. The butternut squash pasta is a favorite!!!Special Features:
- Worst meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/20131st the hostess told us upon arriving that they do not take reservations 90minutes prior to seating, however the reservation was still available online. 2nd services was horrible. Our server did not bring our food and never came to check to make sure everything was good (which it wasn't) drinks never got refilled either. She did bring the check and offered dessert. 3rd the food was the worst "fake" Italian I've ever had. The chicken I ordered was like old shoe leather. The sausage was worse. I've never seen sausage come in that form before. None of their products were fresh or made in house. There is no way I would ever recommend this place to anyone and will never return.
- Awesome pastaButtuglyDined on 8/16/2013The meal was awesome no complaints there. Complaint is they were grossly understaffed and the staff they did have was not thoroughly knowledgeable. They need more training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy,noisy, but pasta worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2013Went here for dinner at 6. Already crowded, which slowed down the service, and very noisy! Just to talk across the table is difficult. Nothing fancy or pretty and very obviously a place for family, especially if the kids like pasta. Started the meal with a Caprese salad that was good, wish the tomato had more flavor and riper. The stuffed ravioli was good but, a little over done in the fryer and the interior was not moist. The 4 of us had different pastas. My taglieteli with clam sauce (white) lacked much clam flavor - a dozen mini-clams but the flavor wasn't there. The taglietteli was wonderful, cooked just right, al dente. My wife's ravioli OTOH, the butternut squash filling was dry and pasty. The other 2 dishes were very good.Special Features: