Mirko Pasta - Buckhead
4233 Roswell Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30342Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mirko Pasta - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mirkopasta.com/
- Phone: (404) 303-2110
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: Noon to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: Noon to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mirko Pasta - Buckhead
Mirko sums it up best: "When people come to Mirko Pasta, I want them to feel like I felt when I went to my grandma’s house"...enjoying a delicious meal served up with love in an environment filled with enthusiasm, joy and passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Mirko Pasta - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Mirko Pasta - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Horrible ManagementAmbitious1VIPDined on 11/10/2014I've never had an occasion where I gave a server my credit card for the bill and they lost it? This was a first and very odd considering that the restaurant is very small and my table was a direct walk to the cash register. No one ever called me during closing as they stated they would around a status update. No one called me the next day as I had to call one of the sister chains in Marietta. All I can say is that the food is good but be very careful as i'm lucky I didn't pay with a debit card that night opposed to a credit card. I won't ever return as I have yet to hear back from that establishment and had to cancel my credit card to ensure no one used it as it magically disappeared on Monday Night and it's now Wednesday and no word..Special Features:
- Competent manager makes difference!BuckheadnativeVIPDined on 10/20/2014We have dined at Mirko's since it first opened and have witnessed its evolution from having sketchy service & just okay food to what it is today. The most recent manager, Brandon, is on top of things, circulating the floor to insure service and food are up to customers' expectations. No longer does it take forever for cocktails to arrive at the table or for the check to be presented. This is due to having an AWARE manager. The menu selection has something for everyone! We loved the new kale salad with strawberries and cranberries...topped with chicken, it is a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food @ a good price!KCaseyDined on 10/10/2014We are always looking for reasonably priced restaurants in the Buckhead area. The food was GREAT and the cost was reasonable. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Well Worth the ride from Decatur!Joep63VIPDined on 10/10/2014I made the reservation for Friday at 5:30 never thinking about Friday night traffic. It took us an hour to go the 12 miles. But my wife who kep urging me to turn around and find a closer spot was the first to say her meal was the best she had eaten in years. ( she had the salmon) I had the chicken Parm - absolutely excellent and the two kids (5 & 3 ) had the ravioli and cheese. They raved and complained when we stole some off their plates. I'll be back but will leave earlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrionDined on 10/9/2014The food was great. Very friendly service. A bit noisy environment.Special Features:
- Crowded and noisyHjB0JhBVIPDined on 10/3/2014Tables too close to each other, kitchen slow, needs more parking spaces, food pretty good for the price, lots of kids thereSpecial Features:
- Good service! Good foodBuckheadnativeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Yay Mirko's! Service has improved so much in the past year. No longer are servers hanging around the bar, conversing with a former manager who was clueless about what constitutes good service. It used to be the norm to wait 10 minutes or more to receive one's first drink! This new mgr visited every table. Now our drinks are delivered within minutes. The servers are well versed on the menu and specials of the day. Obviously, the bar has been raised for the calibre of employees. Mirko's continues to be a neighborhood favorites.Special Features:
- pasta heavenmikeVIPDined on 9/27/2014wonderful food. very noisy. attentive service. fresh ingredients on the pasta really make a differenceSpecial Features:
- Very good!BuckheadnativeVIPDined on 9/19/2014Mirko continues to be a great asset to our N Buckhead neighborhood. The food has become consistently good and the service seems to have greatly improved in the past year. With all the new restaurants opening in this immediate area, Mirko's will be able to hold its own if current food quality and service are maintained.Special Features:
- FloppedHmBerkVIPDined on 8/25/2014This mini chain was our 4 person Monday regular. Sadly success has spoiled the food, ambience and customer friendliness. Now they nare famous for sneaky charges ($3 for anchovies on a Caesar!) and rotten service. "Oh, we can't sub a side of pasta for potatoes because we make most of our money on pasta and don't want to encourage that.". Hasta la vista, baby.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Mirko Pasta - Buckhead reviews archive.
- HmBerkVIPDined on 7/21/2014Reliably good food, variety and value. Low key neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!BuckheadnativeVIPDined on 7/14/2014We had a wonderful evening at Mirko's this time, despite the high noise level. Behind the bar was Johanna, who understands the importance of making sure patrons have their drinks ASAP. Our waiter, Paul, was attentive and patient while we made our food and beverage decisions and checked back with us several times over the course of the evening. We will ask for him again. Our clam pasta dinners were wonderful! Mussels seem to be problematic for the kitchen...PLEASE stop over cooking them! The broth is out of this world, but mussels should be plump, not like pieces of chewed gum. The Monday night wine deal now features 1/2 priced bottles rather than a bottle for the price if a glass....and that's fine with us. Still a great price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/3/2014Waitress was pleasant enough, but had great difficulty communicating in English. We inquired about two of the evening specials and were told both were very good. Upon further inquiry, the waitress admitted she had not tried one and knew nothing about it. Still trying to find out some details, the waitress said she would go ask, but returned with an answer that had nothing to do with the question. We gave up and selected other items. Also ordered a salad which had not arrived prior to delivery of the entrees. When we told the waitress to cancel the salad she explained that if you wanted a salad it should be ordered earlier (?). She eventually understood that one had in fact been ordered and agreed to remove it from the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHmBerkVIPDined on 6/30/2014A favorite place, but service was uncharacteristically poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The TrumpsTheTrumpsDined on 6/28/2014Service, food and staff were excellent..seated immediately (we did make reservations)...will certainly return when in Atlanta again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding tonightBuckheadnativeVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner tonight, thanks to our server, a delightful blonde actress from Austin, Texas. Quite often we have had to wait too long for our bar order, but this time our wine was delivered pronto! We shared the Mirko's private label Pinot Grigio (good choice!), the salmon salad, and the evening special Seafood salad on Radicchio. Perfect way to end a hot Atlanta day! New manager A.J. was very visible, visiting each table to make dining suggestions without being overbearing. Love the additional A/C units to keep us cool!Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysBastilleVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. We usually sit on the patio and always have great service and love the food. The specials are great and the home made pasta and sauces are delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LOCALDINERDined on 6/1/2014This was my first time dining here. The food was wonderful and the waiter was great at helping us decide on our meal. You can tell everything is made fresh. I was very surprised the place was not packed! Best tiramisu I have ever eaten! Will definitely return..Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent pasta dishes...Too noisy..The sound ricochets off the high open ceiling..I hate having to yell to make myself heard.Special Features:
- Always GreatJohnnyBuckheadDined on 5/23/2014I've been to Mirko a number of times and I am always happy with the meal. Everyone we take there likes Mirko too and in fact, oftentimes go back themselves and thank us for introducing them to the place, which is always a good sign. We go there for lunch in the main (though we have been at dinner time and it was just as excellent) and we always receive great service, great food & wine and the price is extremely reasonable. For people who are looking for Italian Italian rather than American Italian, Mirko helps you get that fix a price that can't be beaten.Special Features:
- Tony Barnhart on MirkoTonyB2Dined on 5/14/2014Food was just outstanding. Server walked us through the menu and made very good recommendations. The folks have turned an old BBQ place into something special. Will absolutely included on our family's rotation of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/13/2014My son's favorite restaurant! Great food and the service is always friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirko's gets better with each visitBuckheadnativeVIPDined on 5/12/2014We have been dining at Mirko's since the first week it opened. The food is consistently good and the staff is friendly. Once again, we invited a friend who had never dined here so she could try it. The 3 of us had the salmon salad and 2 orders of fresh clam linguine.....all delicious!! The organic Pinot Grigio was a perfect match for both dishes. Our only gripe is that service sometimes is Slooooow...we waited forever for our bottle of wine (almost went up to the bar to inquire about it). Had that first bottle arrived in a timely manner, we would have ordered another. However, they were busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014This is one if our go-to places. The food is always fresh, the pasta is awesome, and the kids eat everything on their plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group fungroupDined on 4/22/2014We took a large group from work and the service and did were great.Special Features:
- Good food. Cool choicesEricOfAtlantaDined on 4/19/2014Good food, reasonable prices. Not sure what was going on with the humus olive oil dip....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!verysatisfied2Dined on 4/4/2014We started with some Sangria-very good-and had a ceasar salad and the spinach salad..both very good, but the ceasar needs to be tossed and then "reconstructed". My wife had the fresh ravioli with pomodora sauce and she loved it. I had the fetucine with sausage, mushrooms, and Alfredo sauce..very good. We finished with the lemon sorbet...excellent! Just what we wanted-best in town. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemBuckheadnativeVIPDined on 3/29/2014When it first opened Mirko's got off to a bit if a rough start but has been constantly improving the menu. Now there are many delicious selections with wonderful daily specials. Check out the Tagllattelle con vongole with clams in the shell, the salmon salad, chicken Marsala, and any of the house salads. Delicious! The service is sometimes spotty but the waitrons always are friendly and well versed about the menu. Sign up for their email blasts to receive info about their latest promotions!Special Features:
- Excellent casual Italian restaurantreinventedDined on 3/14/2014Excellent casual Italian restaurant. Great for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!verysatisfied2Dined on 3/14/2014The Brushetta included a Misto salad. The Fried calamari includes fried zucchini strips, diced tomatoes in Italian dressing and a spicy marinara.Both were very good My wife had fettuccine pasta with the carbonara sauce-excellent! Instead of panceta they used a smoke pork.Good addition. I had the Tuscan stew...another excellent dish made with a tomato broth with clams, mussels, fish, shrimp,fresh crabmeat ,and scallops. The flavors and quality was outstanding. We finished with lemon ice and tiramisu, The lemon ice was served in a lemon..nice touch and excellent (not too bitter, not too sweet)... and the tiramisu was very good. We look forward to out next visit. Service was prompt and excellent. The staff was very personable and professional.Special Features:
- Seafood Pasta SpecialMirkoRegularDined on 3/10/2014The seafood pasta special on Monday, March 10th, was tasty, but devoid of seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thoroughly enjoyed the evening.daisyVIPDined on 3/3/2014thoroughly enjoyed the evening. service was good--very attentive, food good---we definitely will go back soon!!Special Features:
- We choose this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014We choose this restaurant frequently for small celebrations. The food is always good, and the service is great also. We love that we can reserve, and have only had to wait one time for our table to be ready. Who doesn't like fresh homemade pasta and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food pretty good, service not soChrisVIPDined on 1/27/2014I've been dining here about twice a month for a few months. I've noticed the service slowly decline. This week I went back, service dropped to an all time low. I had wine remaining and server never brought it back. When I asked she said sorry and it was dumped. My leftovers were tossed in a box even though I asked for 2 boxes because we had different pastas. She brought one and in front of us dumped them into one. It's a good place, but be warned on servers and bad attitudes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again with a Part of 4TheGeneralVIPDined on 1/20/2014Still missing the Sausage, Sage and Apple ravioli but Mirko does a great job with all the dishes. Tried the Octopus app and it was a little off....served with (IN ACTUALLY) a bed of fries....it is unusual but the meat itself was tough. Not somehting I would recommend based on my dish (photo on Foodspotting if you woud like to see the dish) The flavors of the bolognaise sauce are solid If you ream my reviews, I have always raved about their food and Mirko's quality - it costs more at any other place in Buckhead to have the same level and often not a good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!MartsohDined on 1/12/2014Good food, reasonable prices, fast service. Didn't quite get the white bean bread dipper - would have preferred plain olive oil or butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MISS th Sausage,Sage&Apple Rav?!?!?TheGeneralVIPDined on 1/10/2014What happened to the Sausage, Sage and Apple ravioli?!?! The flavors were sooo good and with a bolognaise sauce, it is a hearty dish we LOVED and built for for any appetite! I have always raved about their food and at this quality - it would cost more at any other place in Buckhead If you need to raise your prices but please bring back my favoriate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The eight of us were impressedKak1Dined on 1/9/2014I took eight ladies for lunch, staff didn't check for our reservations, but lit the fire and seated us comfortably... The food was fresh and delicious, with a few mix-ups by our waitress, like the person served 5minutes after everyone was having soup, and another order was butternut squash ravioli with mushroom sauce and she received mushroom ravioli with mushroom sauce... The place was busy, but I had asked for separate checks when I made the reservation, and again when we ordered, she wasn't prepared to do that so of course they weren't correct.. The staff always gets better tips with seperate checks with this group... We loved the food, the service wasn't up to par as I have eaten there with family many times...Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/2/2014I have always had an excellent meal at Mirko and the servers have always been delightful ~ fun and knowledgeable. It is always a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found this restaurant recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013We found this restaurant recently and have been here several times since for dinner. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The food is remarkably good for the price - especially the homemade pasta and the desserts. Mirko offers small portions of salads and several of the pastas which is very nice. It reminds me of a casual neighborhood restaurant one would find in Italy that has consistently good pasta, salads, and authentic crusty bread. Fresh, straightforward, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.