301 Waukegan Ave
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://miramarbistro.com/
- Phone: 8474331078
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gabreil Viti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquets and parties are welcome. Miramar features three private party rooms that can accommodate events up to 150 people or the entire restaurant can be booked for up to 300 people.
- Private Party Contact: Philip Shanks 8474331078
A word from Miramar
Miramar Bistro combines the traditional French bistro with flair from Havana; from traditional Cuban sandwiches to steak frites, the menu is always fresh and seasonal. Service is friendly and thorough and the ambiance will take you back to 1920 Havana. The French doors open to the sidewalk patio and lend to al fresco dining both for lunch and dinner. Miramar also books parties and banquets up to 300 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Miramar - Best Restaurants in Highwood ›
Miramar reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice casual dining experienceWillyDined on 9/20/2014Nice casual dining experience. Some of the items were absolutely delicious (linguine with white clams ) and others just very good ( crepe with spinach ). Service exceptional. Honored reservation time and tried their best to provide wonderful service. In general would recommend this restaurant. Prices in the higher range.Special Features:
- Great food and service!FranYanDined on 9/18/2014My 4th visit to Miramar and it won't be my last! Seafood was fresh and well prepared, and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably goodRogerDined on 9/13/2014Has never failed us - great, simple French bistro food, always a few good specials, nice wine list and friendly, helpful staff. Perfect for a night out with friends - or even the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They make you feel they careKayab783Dined on 9/12/2014Service was outstanding since the moment we crossed the door. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Terrific North Shore BistroWexOneVIPDined on 9/12/2014Miramar just keeps getting better. Food and service, even on a very busy Saturday night -- outstanding!! Steak frites in three options, and great roast chicken are outstanding mains, the Endive Salad and escargot apps never disappoint. Only desserts need some work. All-in-all, just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticChesleyDined on 9/8/2014Fun atmosphere and decor. Good menu, drinks, ambiance, service. My new go-to restaurant.Special Features:
- Great LocationLouMVIPDined on 9/6/2014We've been to Mirimar many time and it is always a good experience. The staff is friendly and the food just excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food with limited menu run by Gabriel Viti who has been a highly successful restauranteur. Highly recommend if you are looking for a bistro atmosphere with a casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and lively atmospheremimiBDined on 8/30/2014Best steak frite!! Wish there were better sound control - the backroom was painfully loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- basic, reliable, always a pleasureWilmetteBoxerDined on 8/30/2014Numerous visits, seldom disappointed. You might find the roasted duck a bit dry, however, but the macaroni and cheese is good, lamb shank good, burgers too. Onion soup is a winner as is the pate plate (which should come with toast points, but the breads are good). A shame there is no unsalted butter. Attentive, friendly service, no airs. Big, robust food, not a place for savoring or for contemplation--bouncy, lively, noisy, just what it claims to be. Will certainly go back for the satisfying food and the bustle.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as usualJudiBDined on 8/16/2014We moved to Upper Michigan a few years ago, but make it a point to eat at Miramar whenever we're back in town. The food is perfectly prepared, and the service is impeccable. Never had anything here that wasn't wonderful.Special Features:
- Food, service and decor wonderfulSaturdayNiteDinerDined on 7/20/2014The only problem was the flies. Yes flies. The doors were open because of the lovely weather and outdoor dining. We were in doors and had to swat away flies while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban/FrenchKikiDined on 7/19/2014Surprisingly good, very interesting menu selection. The mussels were superb and I had a lamb shank that was excellent. Interesting French/Cuban ambiance!! they need to offer Cuban coffee.Special Features:
- BravoWonderlandVIPDined on 7/10/2014I have wanted to dine at Miramar for a long time. After one visit it has become my favorite place on the North Shore. Menu and food are outstanding. Leave room for dessert as well. Ambience is old world romantic. Felt like we were in another country. Excellent wine selection. If you are a couple, ask for the table with the tall red leather chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKTravelingLadyDined on 6/25/2014Not the friendliest environment. Had reservations for two nights within 5 days of each other. Same waiter. Not one ounce of recognition. Even with reservations, I was made to feel as though they were "working us in!" Table was at front door as soon as you walked in. Both nights. Service was "standard." Food was good. Nicely presented. VERY noisy!Special Features:
- A bit of ParisLolaDined on 6/20/2014Perfect restaurant. Perfect food... Perfect atmosphere... Perfect music. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoors on a beautiful dayDavidVIPDined on 6/13/2014The comment about noise reflects outdoor dinning, inside it was very quiet. My coworker and I sat outside and were treated to a number of beautiful old cars driving past. Because the cars were different models and years I assuming it was a normal Friday afternoon and not a car rally. Food was great, service was great and I would definitely return. I haven't spent much time in Highwood but Miramar is a reason to go back.Special Features:
- A Winner!Knit1Cook2Dined on 6/11/2014Great energy, great atmosphere, great service, great food! On nice days, the open air concept is a hard to find treat in this area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JmanDined on 6/7/2014The service was very poor, the food was for some dishes good and for others fair...overall the staff seemed to be too busy to really care. The price points were high for the quality we received. I doubt we would be back unless they pay greater attention to the quality of the food and the level of service.
- Very nice time and good food.LauraJean3Dined on 6/6/2014We had been looking forward trying Miramar for a while, and it was a very nice time. The service was great (speedy and attentive and very high-class) and the ambiance was wonderful. You could really tell that this place has built upon its charm year after year! The food was really good. Is it the best food in Highwood? I would say it ranks up near the top, though there are a couple of other really nice places in town that compete for that title. What we had was really good - calamari for an appetizer (some of the best I've had), tomato basil gnocchi for me and lamb shank for my husband. The gnocchi was soft and pillow-y with great consistency, and the lamb shank was falling off the bone.Special Features:
- The following 401 reviews are from the Miramar reviews archive.
- Tasty but priceySaturdayNiteDinerDined on 5/31/2014The food was great. My husband had an appetizer that was over $26. The attention we received from the wait staff was lacking. Very loud. Which can be ok but just thought I would mention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feels like EuropeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We had great food, and especially liked the bistro menu where there were different levels of pricing you could choose from. Attentive and gracious service by the waitstaff once we were seated, although upon our arrival there was no one to greet us and it felt awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts a mustPaigeDined on 5/31/2014We had lunch this time and I find the dinner menu much more appealing, but the desserts were all outstanding and we each shared all around each dessert.Special Features:
- GeffVIPDined on 5/27/2014Great Service, Great FOOD as always.....................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot for dinner w/ friendsChrisADined on 5/24/2014We ate @ Miramar on a Saturday night. Place was packed, very vibrant and the staff did a great job getting us seated. Food was good and Miramar made a great place for a relaxing & enjoyable evening with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/24/2014It's always an extra special treat when the crespelle is on the menu. Everything was fabulous as usual and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar - always a great decisionLFijDined on 5/20/2014Miramar has never let me down. Food and Beverage always exceptional. Their service can not be beat, hands down the best service without being intrusive. I always leave wanting to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too greasy...SoniaDined on 5/17/2014If you like real French cousin, this place is not for you. Food was too greasy, I could taste butter, but not the food itself. Nothing special...
- They drive it home hereAndyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Super efficient service, tender and delicious steak with pepper sauce, very loud and challenging for conversation but good energy and atmosphere.
- cost of dining outTVdirectorDined on 5/3/2014I had expected to have difficulty locating a parking place and actually parked right outside the front door.The meal was pricey but worth it. Everyone on staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service but with surprisXaviFoodieDined on 5/2/2014Cozy restaurant and very nice service. Double check what you order is what you want...the tiramisu was very strange and the duck salad was unexpected as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The service at the restaurant was really exceptional. Handshake from the owner at greeting. The setting was actually pretty nice, more appealing than I expected . I had the rack of lambs and it was great!Special Features:
- FriendlyJAS1958Dined on 4/27/2014Our experience was very nice from the friendly greeting to the well prepared dishes. We tend to meet family here because it has something for everyone. We also like the friendly atmosphere. The salmon with horseradish sauce and the mussels are favorites of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal.DBD1955Dined on 4/26/2014The food, particularly the skate wing and duck, were excellently prepared and greatly enjoyed by our party. Drinks were occasionally slow and the service a bit brusque at times, but overall a great evening out. Miramar continues to keep its quality high. A great option in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only bad dish everGuyGeminiDined on 4/25/2014This is a grand eatery. Our "special treat" place, especially the two tables by the bar with giant leather chairs! The food generally rocks (though I am addicted to the escargot and tend to ignore the other appetizers). However this time I ordered the orange duck entre and was SORELY disappointed. It was dry without being crispy. The sauce might as well have included a full costume since it was clearly a mask for the flavorless, overcooked flesh. I'll certainly go back to Miramar but now with a bit more caution.Special Features:
- I love ParisLutetiaVIPDined on 4/25/2014I lived in Paris for four months and travel there often, and I love the brasserie life style. Miramar comes close with its ambiance and much of its menu. I know soupe l'oignon gratinee is a bit of a cliche, but very few restaurants do it right. Miramar does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-overpriced & unsatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/20/2014Brunch offerings were average and in no way warranted a $35 per person price tag. Ridiculous.
- Excellent FrenchDickDined on 4/19/2014A French Bistro in its entirety. Great ambience and excellent inspired French food. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place...wineMonkeyDined on 4/19/2014We have often driven by Cafe Mirarmar and thought that it looked like a fun place to be-- and it is. The food was fantastic, and the atmosphere is like a neighborhood bistro in the Ste Germaine section of Paris. The portions where quite large (you get a giant mound of crispy shoestring fries with sandwiches.) The coffee was great and I highly recommend the profiteroles for dessert.Special Features:
- My New FavoriteTobeysVIPDined on 4/5/2014Miramar has quickly become my new favorite restaurant. The food is always outstanding and the service is impeccable. I can always count on a delicious meal. The seafood choices are perfectly seasoned and cooked. The portions are a good size, not small like at some restaurants. All the servers are assigned specific jobs, and they are on top of their game. Our water glasses, were always full and when we asked for more of a particular kind of bread, it was brought to us right away. A neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.