301 Waukegan Ave
Highwood, IL 60040Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://miramarbistro.com/
- Phone: 8474331078
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Sunday Dinner: 2:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gabreil Viti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquets and parties are welcome. Miramar features three private party rooms that can accommodate events up to 150 people or the entire restaurant can be booked for up to 300 people.
- Private Party Contact: Philip Shanks 8474331078
A word from Miramar
Miramar Bistro combines the traditional French bistro with flair from Havana; from traditional Cuban sandwiches to steak frites, the menu is always fresh and seasonal. Service is friendly and thorough and the ambiance will take you back to 1920 Havana. The French doors open to the sidewalk patio and lend to al fresco dining both for lunch and dinner. Miramar also books parties and banquets up to 300 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miramar reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (22)romantic (20)hot spot (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- basic, reliable, always a pleasureWilmetteBoxerDined on 8/30/2014Numerous visits, seldom disappointed. You might find the roasted duck a bit dry, however, but the macaroni and cheese is good, lamb shank good, burgers too. Onion soup is a winner as is the pate plate (which should come with toast points, but the breads are good). A shame there is no unsalted butter. Attentive, friendly service, no airs. Big, robust food, not a place for savoring or for contemplation--bouncy, lively, noisy, just what it claims to be. Will certainly go back for the satisfying food and the bustle.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as usualJudiBDined on 8/16/2014We moved to Upper Michigan a few years ago, but make it a point to eat at Miramar whenever we're back in town. The food is perfectly prepared, and the service is impeccable. Never had anything here that wasn't wonderful.Special Features:
- Food, service and decor wonderfulSaturdayNiteDinerDined on 7/20/2014The only problem was the flies. Yes flies. The doors were open because of the lovely weather and outdoor dining. We were in doors and had to swat away flies while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban/FrenchKikiDined on 7/19/2014Surprisingly good, very interesting menu selection. The mussels were superb and I had a lamb shank that was excellent. Interesting French/Cuban ambiance!! they need to offer Cuban coffee.Special Features:
- BravoWonderlandVIPDined on 7/10/2014I have wanted to dine at Miramar for a long time. After one visit it has become my favorite place on the North Shore. Menu and food are outstanding. Leave room for dessert as well. Ambience is old world romantic. Felt like we were in another country. Excellent wine selection. If you are a couple, ask for the table with the tall red leather chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKTravelingLadyDined on 6/25/2014Not the friendliest environment. Had reservations for two nights within 5 days of each other. Same waiter. Not one ounce of recognition. Even with reservations, I was made to feel as though they were "working us in!" Table was at front door as soon as you walked in. Both nights. Service was "standard." Food was good. Nicely presented. VERY noisy!Special Features:
- A bit of ParisLolaDined on 6/20/2014Perfect restaurant. Perfect food... Perfect atmosphere... Perfect music. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoors on a beautiful dayDavidVIPDined on 6/13/2014The comment about noise reflects outdoor dinning, inside it was very quiet. My coworker and I sat outside and were treated to a number of beautiful old cars driving past. Because the cars were different models and years I assuming it was a normal Friday afternoon and not a car rally. Food was great, service was great and I would definitely return. I haven't spent much time in Highwood but Miramar is a reason to go back.Special Features:
- A Winner!Knit1Cook2Dined on 6/11/2014Great energy, great atmosphere, great service, great food! On nice days, the open air concept is a hard to find treat in this area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JmanDined on 6/7/2014The service was very poor, the food was for some dishes good and for others fair...overall the staff seemed to be too busy to really care. The price points were high for the quality we received. I doubt we would be back unless they pay greater attention to the quality of the food and the level of service.
- Very nice time and good food.LauraJean3Dined on 6/6/2014We had been looking forward trying Miramar for a while, and it was a very nice time. The service was great (speedy and attentive and very high-class) and the ambiance was wonderful. You could really tell that this place has built upon its charm year after year! The food was really good. Is it the best food in Highwood? I would say it ranks up near the top, though there are a couple of other really nice places in town that compete for that title. What we had was really good - calamari for an appetizer (some of the best I've had), tomato basil gnocchi for me and lamb shank for my husband. The gnocchi was soft and pillow-y with great consistency, and the lamb shank was falling off the bone.Special Features:
- Tasty but priceySaturdayNiteDinerDined on 5/31/2014The food was great. My husband had an appetizer that was over $26. The attention we received from the wait staff was lacking. Very loud. Which can be ok but just thought I would mention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feels like EuropeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We had great food, and especially liked the bistro menu where there were different levels of pricing you could choose from. Attentive and gracious service by the waitstaff once we were seated, although upon our arrival there was no one to greet us and it felt awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts a mustPaigeDined on 5/31/2014We had lunch this time and I find the dinner menu much more appealing, but the desserts were all outstanding and we each shared all around each dessert.Special Features:
- GeffVIPDined on 5/27/2014Great Service, Great FOOD as always.....................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot for dinner w/ friendsChrisADined on 5/24/2014We ate @ Miramar on a Saturday night. Place was packed, very vibrant and the staff did a great job getting us seated. Food was good and Miramar made a great place for a relaxing & enjoyable evening with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/24/2014It's always an extra special treat when the crespelle is on the menu. Everything was fabulous as usual and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar - always a great decisionLFijDined on 5/20/2014Miramar has never let me down. Food and Beverage always exceptional. Their service can not be beat, hands down the best service without being intrusive. I always leave wanting to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too greasy...SoniaDined on 5/17/2014If you like real French cousin, this place is not for you. Food was too greasy, I could taste butter, but not the food itself. Nothing special...
- They drive it home hereAndyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Super efficient service, tender and delicious steak with pepper sauce, very loud and challenging for conversation but good energy and atmosphere.
- The following 392 reviews are from the Miramar reviews archive.
- cost of dining outTVdirectorDined on 5/3/2014I had expected to have difficulty locating a parking place and actually parked right outside the front door.The meal was pricey but worth it. Everyone on staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service but with surprisXaviFoodieDined on 5/2/2014Cozy restaurant and very nice service. Double check what you order is what you want...the tiramisu was very strange and the duck salad was unexpected as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The service at the restaurant was really exceptional. Handshake from the owner at greeting. The setting was actually pretty nice, more appealing than I expected . I had the rack of lambs and it was great!Special Features:
- FriendlyJAS1958Dined on 4/27/2014Our experience was very nice from the friendly greeting to the well prepared dishes. We tend to meet family here because it has something for everyone. We also like the friendly atmosphere. The salmon with horseradish sauce and the mussels are favorites of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal.DBD1955Dined on 4/26/2014The food, particularly the skate wing and duck, were excellently prepared and greatly enjoyed by our party. Drinks were occasionally slow and the service a bit brusque at times, but overall a great evening out. Miramar continues to keep its quality high. A great option in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only bad dish everGuyGeminiDined on 4/25/2014This is a grand eatery. Our "special treat" place, especially the two tables by the bar with giant leather chairs! The food generally rocks (though I am addicted to the escargot and tend to ignore the other appetizers). However this time I ordered the orange duck entre and was SORELY disappointed. It was dry without being crispy. The sauce might as well have included a full costume since it was clearly a mask for the flavorless, overcooked flesh. I'll certainly go back to Miramar but now with a bit more caution.Special Features:
- I love ParisLutetiaVIPDined on 4/25/2014I lived in Paris for four months and travel there often, and I love the brasserie life style. Miramar comes close with its ambiance and much of its menu. I know soupe l'oignon gratinee is a bit of a cliche, but very few restaurants do it right. Miramar does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-overpriced & unsatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/20/2014Brunch offerings were average and in no way warranted a $35 per person price tag. Ridiculous.
- Excellent FrenchDickDined on 4/19/2014A French Bistro in its entirety. Great ambience and excellent inspired French food. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place...wineMonkeyDined on 4/19/2014We have often driven by Cafe Mirarmar and thought that it looked like a fun place to be-- and it is. The food was fantastic, and the atmosphere is like a neighborhood bistro in the Ste Germaine section of Paris. The portions where quite large (you get a giant mound of crispy shoestring fries with sandwiches.) The coffee was great and I highly recommend the profiteroles for dessert.Special Features:
- My New FavoriteTobeysDined on 4/5/2014Miramar has quickly become my new favorite restaurant. The food is always outstanding and the service is impeccable. I can always count on a delicious meal. The seafood choices are perfectly seasoned and cooked. The portions are a good size, not small like at some restaurants. All the servers are assigned specific jobs, and they are on top of their game. Our water glasses, were always full and when we asked for more of a particular kind of bread, it was brought to us right away. A neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKerrieDined on 4/4/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. The food was delicious. Not too heavy. Service was good. Very casual.Special Features:
- Old FriendsShadyManDined on 4/4/2014Six old friends having an evening together for the first time in several years. Miramar was the perfect place to eat and cap the evening. Great food and service in a neighborhood friendly place. The people watching was fun and interesting highlighted by a visit from an international Rock Star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality at MiramarMagolyDined on 3/26/2014Have been here several times over the past 5 years. Loved it every time. The quality of the food is quite high, with fresh, flavorful ingredients. Awesome mussels, French onion soup, etc, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here severalAjeeVIPDined on 3/12/2014We have been here several times and loved it, but it was off this day
- Not so great.JoeSDined on 3/7/2014Miramar staff seems to think the place is a lot better than it is. The dishes were very overpriced yet tasty but the service was poor. Both the caesar and vinagrette salads we ordered literally had their dressing forgotten and then the waiter acted inconvenienced to rectify it. The cheese plate was expensive and not nearly as good as many others I've had. Our entrees were tasty but the savory crepes were a tiny potion. All in all too pretentious and expensive. We'll never go back nor recommend it to others.
- Always able to rely on consistencyChicagoPixieDined on 2/22/2014Yet another wonderful evening spent with friends at this unique venue. The noise in the back room area was excessively noisy but everything else was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMollyDined on 2/18/2014Miramar is one of our favorite places because the food is always delicious, the service is great and the ambience is always very fun and energetic. Thank you, Miramar, for being a consistent favorite of ours.Special Features:
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/17/2014Every time we are here we are never disappointed. We are consistently trying new things on the menu and everything is delicious. We are having such a good time that we are oblivious to other tables around. The service is friendly and personable. It is such a welcoming place and romantic, cozy. Great wine and the oysters are the best. The bread is wonderful and to me a true sign of what the meal to come will be. We feel like we are in Europe for the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love coming to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Always love coming to this place. The customer service and greeting you get is unparalleled. The food is excellent, the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and the owner makes you feel like you're the most important guest. This is a top notch business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.