Miramar Beach Restaurant
131 Mirada Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Miramar Beach Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6507269053x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Jeronimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal Wedding reception location. We can seat 100 guests in our dining room, 30 around the bar and another 20 in the lounge. There is room for a DJ or a Band to set up and plenty of room for dancing. Please check us out at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Lewis 6507269053x
- Entertainment: Two time Grammy Nominee Terry Disley performs classical & contemporary solo piano Thursdays through Saturdays 5-9pm and Sundays 12-4 & 5-8pm for more info visit www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Every Thursday check out our Dinners UNDER $20!! 3 Course Complete Dinners for UNDER $20 per person (excludes tax & tip). Happy Hour Monday thru Wednesday 5-7 PM, including appetizer specials!
A word from Miramar Beach Restaurant
The Historic Miramar Beach Restaurant & Bar has a long and colorful history going back more than 70 years. It was originally designed and built as a Prohibition speakeasy to serve the liquor smuggled into the Bay Area through a drop off point on Miramar Beach. We have kept the historical ambiance and décor of the 1920s including an incomparable collection of photos from the era. With only a frontage road between us and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, we have the number one view and sunset on the Coast side. Check out our website at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Miramar Beach Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (155)great for outdoor dining (92)special occasion (80)romantic (65)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (39)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)Show More
- Miramar beach rest.AnnaDined on 9/18/2014We had a great time, good food and good prices! Old restaurant with charm and on the beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014The location was amazing! Such a wonderful romantic sunset view, right on the water! Food was great also and reasonably priced. Nightly special was a great value at $19.99 and was delicious!Special Features:
- Perfect dayjamieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed Terry Disley's music while spending time with friends. Service was excellent. The views awesome...including whale watching from their large picture windows. Spending the day walking, reading and more ocean gazing and watching people's reactions to spotting the whales. Then Larry Vukovich and friends at The Bach.... Perfect....Special Features:
- Great Viewsrovergirl74Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is great for relaxing and gazing at the ocean. The staff is always friendly and everyone seems happy! The food is always good, especially the crab.Special Features:
- A hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife to lunch at this restaurant and was pleased with the outcome. We sat at a window seat overlooking the Pacific Ocean as people and animals enjoyed the beach in front of us. The waiter was spot on and ensured that our plates and glasses were never empty. The food itself was great and you can't beat free Valet parking.Special Features:
- Best waiter around!!DelightedVIPDined on 9/11/2014High-fives to Juan . . . best of the best as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally worth itChristineDined on 9/5/2014First time at Miramar and I would definitely go back. It's a bit pricey but the food and the view was totally worth it. Excellent place to come for dinner and watch the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best feature is location00NanDined on 8/31/2014Nice view of ocean and large patio dining. Although the artichoke cakes were good to start, the paella and carbonara entrees were disappointingly soupy and rather alike in taste and texture.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A little disappointed in the wait. We had reservations @ 7:15. We arrived 45 minutes prior and was finally sat @ 7:40. The food was great along with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great dinnergreg95120Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner here on Sunday, August 31st, 2014. One of the nicest dinner settings on the San Mateo coast. Beautiful views of the ocean. We have been here several times, dinner has always been good to excellent. My only complaint this time is that we had reservations at 7:00pm, and we were seated at 7:45pm. No big deal, luckily we found 2 seats at the bar. Service was great. Complimentary valet parking. What? Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner DelightDaveMDined on 8/31/2014We headed to Miramar after 3 different people from our hotel in Half Moon Bay recommended it. The food was wonderful, the view was spectacular, and the overall experience was memorable.Special Features:
- Super Experience!NanafoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had an amazing lunch experience. Gorgeous view of ocean. Lovely artichoke, crab cocktail and yummy Salmon, Mango dessert! Great service! Loved it. Started our weekend delightfully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nxt timeRandyDined on 8/31/2014We will.be back. Claudio you made our day...Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DiningDel22Dined on 8/30/2014The dining experience was exceptional, the ocean view was perfect, and the food out of this world. Service was excellent from the parking valet, to the receptionist, and the waiters. The piano music was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the beachMEGGDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful location but food and menu could use some updating. There were also some flys flying around while we were trying to eat our food. Both hostesses were very kind. Waiter was very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I drove from Palo Alto to celebrate my birthday no one mentioned about the my birthday when it was on the reservation service was very poor not going back that's for sureSpecial Features:
- Excellent waiter and chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was Juan. He is so good he could be working at a Big City restaurant. Juan had all the specials and ingredients of each dish memorized. Was knowledgeable about the wines, including sparkling wine. (Sadly, I often find that many waiters and bar staff do not know what a sparkling wine is! They just look blankly at you.) The Chef was kind enough to prepare the sole in a special way I needed. Food was excellent and delicious. Do with they would offer Senior size dinners as we were travelling so the normal size was just too much for us to finish. Had we been going straight home we would have taken the remaining portion and had a whole other dinner at home the next day.Special Features:
- Best sunsets in the WestDelightedVIPDined on 8/28/2014When you score a window table at the MIRAMAR, the sunsets don't get any better!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Used to enjoy Thursday prime rib dinner - food has declined. Vegetables undercooked, meat salty.
- Ocean ViewNot2easy2pleaseDined on 8/26/2014Very friendly but not overbearing service, and the window table offered an excellent ocean view. The food was good and reasonably priced. Not surprisingly for a coast side restaurant, the stuffed sole was a better choice than the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrankypantsDined on 8/23/2014Setting and ambiance make this a worthwhile venue for an outing at the coast. A bit pricey, the fare is OK but uninspired, the waitstaff friendly and willing but the young man we got was unsure of himself and the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely NoisyJimCDined on 8/17/2014We've been going to this restaurant for many years. While it's never been a really quiet restaurant (and that was OK), our last two visits were ruined by a noise level SO high that it was impossible to converse with my wife without shouting - adding even more to the noise level. This seems to have occured after they started having piano entertainment on the weekends. The piano and singing pianist are amplified and is just too loud for the size of the restaurant. Consequently everyone has to speak more loudly and it just keeps escalating. We probably won't go back to this restaurant since weekends are the only times we can go.
- Miriamar Beach RestaurantHalfMoonBakedDined on 8/17/2014Views were extremely scenic; ambience was delightful; and the food was excellent. Wait staff could use some work on overall energy and customer interface. Exceptional experience; would highly recommend !!!!Special Features:
- Great view, food & service.GoodFoodFanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it did not disappoint! The view from this restaurant is fabulous. Right on the beach. And the host is very good about giving you the best table available. Also, our server was excellent. Very attentive, fun, and helpful with suggestions. I had the salmon, and it was excellent. The wine list is very good, and very reasonably priced. And, the live music (piano player) was a really nice touch. This restaurant is a must for anytime that you are in the area (or even passing through).Special Features:
- Great music and good foodTableForTwoVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were staying locally and were pleased to find such a nice place. Food and service were good. We really enjoyed the piano player who was excellent. Had some nice local sand dabs and enjoyed ocean view. All in all a nice evening.Special Features:
- kbritanglodinerDined on 8/13/2014We are repeat customers who never miss when home. Food is always very good or excellent, service is tops and the view is unbeatable IF you choose a day with no fog!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and view!Caligroup14Dined on 8/8/2014We loved everything about this restaurant!! It combines elegance and casual for the most perfect dining experience! The halibut special was mouth-watering delicious. The service was spot on. I was on vacation with my husband and my only disappointment is that we can't return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view makes for a great mealTriggerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Had an excellent weekend lunch with the kids. The view can't be matched and the food and service was excellent. Obviously the menu slants heavily towards seafood so be aware for the pickier people in your group.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch Was TopsPacificaNickDined on 8/8/2014Have been going to the Miramar for years for lunch/brunch with family and friends. This latest lunch was with several old friends from our working days. I suggested the Miramar because I know it's a great place for food and ambiance. We were not disappointed. Made reservations through OpenTable (very easy and convenient) and got a nice window table. Wait staff were professional and courteous, the food was top notch (especially the fish chowder - best I've ever tasted). We were not rushed and had a thoroughly enjoyable time catching up on each other's lives since work days. I would recommend the Miramar to anyone looking for a great place to meet their friends and eat some outstanding meals. We'll be doing it again soon...very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodnot up to usual great standardsbillDined on 8/7/2014This has been a great restaurant. Eaten here many times over the years. Food, service, ambience has been consistent and great. However last Thursday's Halibut dinner was not up to their usual standards.Special Features:
- Pasta too rich!SuzenschoiceDined on 8/7/2014The scampi pasta was way too heavy on the oil for my taste. The chairs are uncomfortable. Lunch is better than dinner time noise wise. Our server was great, and the view was great too.Special Features:
- FoodSharks77VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was not good at all. Steaks over cooked, lobster rubbery. Just overall bad food
- Celebrating a retirementDianaDined on 8/5/2014Ladies had a great time celebrating a retirement of one of themSpecial Features:
- Would definitely recommenddksprodDined on 8/3/2014Used OpenTable for a same day reservation on our Anniversary and received a perfect Ocean View table. Food was great, service was great, Terry Disley on the Piano was the best! Thanks Miramar Beach Restaurant.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/3/2014Lunch at Miramar Beach Restaurant was enjoyable, as the ocean view is wonderful and the food is very good. My family enjoyed the shrimp & crab pasta as well as the chicken sandwich with fries, and the waiter was most attentive. Prices are reasonable making Miramar Beach Restaurant a good choice for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday nite out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Glad we made the choice to go there.Very enjoyable😊 Service was great. Outside seating was very nice. We all has a very nice time. Food was delish and everyone was having a great time with the champagne flowing😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very remarkable dinneroldharleyguyDined on 8/2/2014Took my wife there for her 60th birthday,and was not disappointed. Requested a window table facing the ocean, and had a GREAT view while dining. The pianist was fantastic, and my wife considered her dinner to be possibly the finest meal of her life!Special Features:
- Walking distance from Cypress InnBGJOGDined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Great view of the ocean and bench, great table next to the window, great food. Walking distance from the Cypress Inn which was a plus. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. KOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Food is acceptable, but not at the level of today's Bay Area food scene. It is fresh, palatable, predictable but an uninspired menu. The burger was fine. Very friendly staff. Magnificent view of the water. Thanks for the window table.Special Features:
- Great views; Great serviceEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great views; Great service; Nice ambiance, comfortable environment, very good food, and live piano music on some nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.