Miramar Beach Restaurant
131 Mirada Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Miramar Beach Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (650) 726-9053
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Jeronimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal Wedding reception location. We can seat 100 guests in our dining room, 30 around the bar and another 20 in the lounge. There is room for a DJ or a Band to set up and plenty of room for dancing. Please check us out at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Lewis 6507269053x
- Entertainment: Two time Grammy Nominee Terry Disley performs classical & contemporary solo piano Thursdays through Saturdays 5-9pm and Sundays 12-4 & 5-8pm for more info visit www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Every Thursday check out our Dinners UNDER $20!! 3 Course Complete Dinners for UNDER $20 per person (excludes tax & tip). Happy Hour Monday thru Wednesday 5-7 PM, including appetizer specials!
A word from Miramar Beach Restaurant
The Historic Miramar Beach Restaurant & Bar has a long and colorful history going back more than 70 years. It was originally designed and built as a Prohibition speakeasy to serve the liquor smuggled into the Bay Area through a drop off point on Miramar Beach. We have kept the historical ambiance and décor of the 1920s including an incomparable collection of photos from the era. With only a frontage road between us and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, we have the number one view and sunset on the Coast side. Check out our website at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Miramar Beach Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)special occasion (76)great for outdoor dining (74)romantic (67)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (39)great for brunch (34)fit for foodies (31)kid-friendly (27)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (5)Show More
- Ugh!TallPaulVIPDined on 11/22/2014The worst food at inflated prices Great view, but you cant eat it.
- Lovely SpotMuttiBDined on 11/22/2014The 4 of us were here for a birthday luncheon, and, arriving after the usual lunch crowds, we got a window table, which is always a bonus. The food was great, as always, and the server very friendly. I was a little surprised and disappointed that we were not offered a free dessert for one of the friends who had her birthday; maybe that is just not a custom at Miramar? Still, we all are recommending the restaurant to friends and family alike, and I know that some friends are planning multiple trips to your venue between now and the end of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, but very, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Not a place for a quiet dinner with your loved one, or friends. Food was very good, but left with headache due to noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View!TCAPLDined on 11/11/2014Hard not to enjoy this very nice old restaurant considering the view. The menu is pretty traditional and the food good but not spectacular. We always have a great time at the Miramar.Special Features:
- Hard to pin downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Was visiting half moon bay for the day and wanted ocean dining and this popped up. It is next to the water but doesn't seem like a lot of tables offer the view. The parking was a bit crazy as Valet seemed overwhelmed. In fact driving there for a 6:30 reservation was challenging as traffic on a Saturday night in this area is apparently bad. Inside was so noisy that we opted for outside which was more quiet and more casual. People in shorts and tshirts and some dogs. I like that but if you are going out for fancy dinner, you should be aware of that. Server was really busy at first but did a good job. Food was good. I had the catch of the day (Salmon) and it came with choice of potato or rice and a side of vegetables. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findShelerinDined on 11/8/2014This place was perfect for celebrating family birthdays. Definitely will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunsetrongDined on 11/7/2014We always enjoy coming to this restaurant. Always be there for the sunset. The outdoor cocktail area is very nice with the gas fire pits.Special Features:
- Never disappointedHAshleyDined on 11/5/2014We're eaten here over the years and have always enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- PacificaNickDined on 11/1/2014Great food, service, and views as usual. This is my go-to place for both my family and when friends are joining me. I've never had a bad experience here...and no one makes a better clam chowder...no one...Special Features:
- Awesome View, Awesome ServiceDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 11/1/2014...and awesome food! i took a friend for her early birthday lunch to Miramar! both her entree and mine were wonderful, as were the appetizers and the dessert. this is the third time i've dined here and it's been amazing every time. Service is outstanding - the views are fabulous - on sunny days you can dine outside on the patio and hear the waves hitting the shore - just on the other side of the narrow lane in front of the restaurant. People who work at the restaurant are truly wonderful and welcoming. And finally (from a purely selfish point-of-view) - Miramar makes the most fabulous San Francisco - Style Ramos Fizzes in all of Northern California. I'll drive down from San Francisco at every opportunity to dine (and drink) here!Special Features:
- Awesome evening2retiredDined on 10/31/2014We had a lovely window table. Our server Lucy was awesome, friendly & very attentive. My lobster was superb. My husband beef filet cooked perfect. Chowder so yummy as was our deserts. Never been disappointed. Oh almost forgot the piano player was awesome. Great tunes & gave great ambience to the whole evening. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014We love Miramar for special occasions and bringing our out of town guests. Great view, good service and food and reasonable prices. We always leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib SpecialHiphomeDined on 10/30/2014Came in from the SoBay for this special. Was not disappointed either. Comfort food on a crisp Fall evening with the HMB locals. Prime was excellent & so was the service. Ask for Milton👍Special Features:
- greatyumyumyumVIPDined on 10/30/2014so yummy.. this place is amazing...great service, great view... excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic view of the ocean!MaggieDined on 10/26/2014Came back with a group of six after probably 10 years, and the food is much better now, plus the outdoor dining area is great! Prices are good and you cannot beat the awesome view of the surf rolling in with the sun reflecting off the waves..Plus it was great to eat a late lunch and then go on to a jazz presentation at the Douglas Beach house just up the road later. An unbeatable Sunday afternoon experience! Corkage is $15.00, still worth it for the Shramsburg champagne we brought along...and our server was a doll too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable Sunday brunchWorldTravellerDined on 10/26/2014Mamosas/bloody marys, delicious omelettes, great ocean views, and live pianist make for an enjoyable Sunday brunch. My wife and I are repeat visitors.Special Features:
- Great as usual!RonSJCVIPDined on 10/24/2014We visit this restaurant several times a year. The food is always outstanding and the ocean view is fabulous! Arrive early and have drinks and appetizers in the outdoor patio. Very relaxing!Special Features:
- Great view but Where's my waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Service was simply poor. Took 20 minutes to get water. Then our waiter came to say our order would be, oh that's right I haven't taken your order duh. Two tables near us came in after us and had food long before we did. My salad was drowning in dressing, filet was overlooked and full of grisle vegetables were essentially raw and unseasoned. Thank God for the view which got us through.Special Features:
- Views to Die ForepicexpolorationsDined on 10/19/2014Absolutely beautiful spot on the water in Half Moon Bay in a historical building with an interesting history, definitely worth the read on the back of the menu. The food was great and the atmosphere was romantic and enjoyable. Pianist was outstanding and contributes to the ambiance. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanfront FunGMarkDined on 10/18/2014The Miramar Beach Restaurant is a great place to grab something quick or to spend hours at enjoying a fine meal. The food was excellent and the view over the pacific is breathtaking. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Mirimar, beautiful but slowBeachwife2Dined on 10/18/2014We loved the ambiance and the service was great. Only problem was they forgot about our order so it took about an hour to arrive. They did comp us a drink. Food was fine, really loved the view of the ocean.Special Features:
- Surprise!shirlspearlsDined on 10/10/2014Lived in Bay Area 46 years - had never been to Miramar...How sad that we've wasted all these years by not going there! It's truly a treasure - the view, staff...and the food is to die for. Best Lobster Roll I've ever eaten this side of Maine...party of 4 and everyone's meal was outstanding. Can hardly wait for another special occasion to brave the hour drive to eat there again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely viewJJG1Dined on 10/9/2014The view is tremendous, entertainment excellent, food is tasty and reasonably priced. Highly recommend this restaurant tucked away on the ocean. We had a party of 5, service was excellent and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Lovely view of the sun set.Special Features:
- Miramar Beach Restaurant2CanucksabroadDined on 10/6/2014Prices very high on everything & disappointed in the food. The appetizer was a nice small Sourdough loaf. The Maverick Crab Melt scooped with an ice-cream scoop was just flumped & landed onto a piece of toasted white bread that looked like Wonder bread out of a bag, not bakery sourdough. The cheese & crab were quite tasteless. Served open-faced on the other toasted bread slice there was too much lettuce, an unripe tomato slice, avocado & onion for the amount of crab. Once all put together it was one big mitt-ful uncut. The presentation not carefully done was not up to Exec. or Sous Chef standard for the price!! Lovely location, restaurant tired, hostess great, server pleasant but no energy. Not a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- An evening out!MedicfoodieDined on 10/5/2014You made out 'date night' very special and we intend to return again. The hospitality was superb, the dining wonderful, and the ambiance casual yet elegant. Relaxing evening dining as a couple are with friends new and old just off the beach.Special Features:
- Ocean Ocean OceanSpike11VIPDined on 10/5/2014You can't beat the views from the patio. Inside the restaurant is very pleasant and rustic, lots of TV's in the bar area so weekend visits will allow you to keep up with the games. The patio is the highlight for me, large diverse area with many options. The food was very good, the service was solid, and the prices are fair. Unlike Sam's down the road, Miramar sits right across a small road from a beautiful beach, people walking dogs, body surfing, and just relaxing. Sit on the patio and enjoy a relaxed brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sanbrunofriendsDined on 10/4/2014Food is very tasty and plentiful, fun atmosphere, friendly service, great scenic location. But needs air conditioning. Too muggy on a humid day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar:go for viewkittymomDined on 9/30/2014Miramar is about as close to the ocean as you can get. I have always found the food quite good. I had the fish tacos which were very good. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Disappointing 2xOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/20142nd time we have visited in 3 months. Both times were severely disappointing. The steak was over done - good piece of meat but not to order. The fish was okay, but really - Atlantic salmon on the edge of the Pacific during an open season? Oysters miramar - where were the oysters? You used to find large oysters in the shells in the sauce. This time I could barely find the oysters - are they recycling the shells and using small jared oysters??? Cake was half the size of what we used to get. The place was so noisy you could not hear yourself think. Only good thing was the service and you could tell the waiters were being run off their feet. Few waiters and more "support staff". If they are looking to save money - they aren't doing it right.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGaryDined on 9/26/2014We experienced poor service with poorly cooked food.
- Romantic evening out.... (however)SFeaterDined on 9/25/2014I have always enjoyed coming here and sitting on the patio over dinner and sunset. The specials of the day hold a solid value for any fine dining visitor who likes a hardy 3-course meal. The regret that I have is that they allow dogs on the patio. I'm EATING and dog owners just assume we all like to eat with their pets. I watched the friendly server go from serving my dinner plates to serving a neighbor's dog a bowl of water. Somehow, that seems more appropriate (if even) at the burger joint dining experience. Indoors is a pianist churning out romantic melodies to table-dwellers. The "dog-dwelling patio" lowered the experience from "fine" dining to "doggie dining."Special Features:
- Great evening out!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The best part was the excellent service we experienced from the beginning to the end - including an unexpected birthday surprise to top off our wonderful evening. Thank you very much!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014This iconic Half Moon Bay restaurant is a wonderful time warp. The Ceviche is delicious as are the Diablo Prawns. You can't be closer to the ocean! The outside dining is protected with wind screens. I have been there reguarly for 10 years!Special Features:
- beautiful sunsetpearlDined on 9/21/2014Excellent view from many tables. Even with the music and full dining room we had no problem conversing. Excellent view from many tables. Even with music and a full dining room we had no problem conversing.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014The food and service was excellent, we got our order in just a few minutes. The view of the ocean was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar beach rest.AnnaDined on 9/18/2014We had a great time, good food and good prices! Old restaurant with charm and on the beach.Special Features:
- pmf999Dined on 9/18/2014The location was amazing! Such a wonderful romantic sunset view, right on the water! Food was great also and reasonably priced. Nightly special was a great value at $19.99 and was delicious!Special Features:
- Perfect dayjamieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed Terry Disley's music while spending time with friends. Service was excellent. The views awesome...including whale watching from their large picture windows. Spending the day walking, reading and more ocean gazing and watching people's reactions to spotting the whales. Then Larry Vukovich and friends at The Bach.... Perfect....Special Features:
- Great place with a viewdatenightDined on 9/13/2014Booked a table based on other reviews and was not disappointed. Great food and vine selection. Beautiful view of the beach and ocean. Live music.Special Features:
- Great Viewsrovergirl74Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is great for relaxing and gazing at the ocean. The staff is always friendly and everyone seems happy! The food is always good, especially the crab.Special Features: