Miramar Beach Restaurant
131 Mirada Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Miramar Beach Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6507269053x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Jeronimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal Wedding reception location. We can seat 100 guests in our dining room, 30 around the bar and another 20 in the lounge. There is room for a DJ or a Band to set up and plenty of room for dancing. Please check us out at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Lewis 6507269053x
- Entertainment: Two time Grammy Nominee Terry Disley performs classical & contemporary solo piano Thursdays through Saturdays 5-9pm and Sundays 12-4 & 5-8pm for more info visit www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Every Thursday check out our Dinners UNDER $20!! 3 Course Complete Dinners for UNDER $20 per person (excludes tax & tip). Happy Hour Monday thru Wednesday 5-7 PM, including appetizer specials!
A word from Miramar Beach Restaurant
The Historic Miramar Beach Restaurant & Bar has a long and colorful history going back more than 70 years. It was originally designed and built as a Prohibition speakeasy to serve the liquor smuggled into the Bay Area through a drop off point on Miramar Beach. We have kept the historical ambiance and décor of the 1920s including an incomparable collection of photos from the era. With only a frontage road between us and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, we have the number one view and sunset on the Coast side. Check out our website at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Miramar Beach Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (78)romantic (64)great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (37)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)Show More
- candyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Their patio dinning is great! beautiful view of the ocean, fresh seafood dishes, love their "margarita seafood cocktail" and great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014If the food quality was just stepped up a notch, this would be on the top of the list for everyone given the location and ambiance. But then they'll likely hv to up the menu price which would put them in direct competition against the Ritz down the road...Special Features:
- Disappointing!TANTVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food that we had was just fair at best. My husband ordered the Petrale Sole which was not as fresh as it should have been. I had the Calamari Steak that was a little chewy and way over breaded. The caesar salad was nice. and we shared a nice bottle of wine on the patio. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone based on the quality of the food.Special Features:
- RonnieDined on 7/20/2014Outstanding location. Good food. Reasonable prices. Great service. Loved the live piano music.Special Features:
- Our waiter was fantastic!out2lunchDined on 7/19/2014Four of us had a beautiful view of the ocean and luckily some porpoises were entertaining everyone while we ate. The Calamari appetizer came with a cream sauce that was so rich and flavorful we all made the waiter ask the Chef how it was made! Although my scallops were a little smaller than I was expecting, the preparation was very well done and there were a lot of them. I tasted the salmon and the sea bass, both were well seasoned and nicely prepared. The vegetables seemed to be an afterthought on the plate and I found myself dipping them into the sauce that came with my scallops in an effort to obtain some flavor, but that is a very minor complaint! The desserts were both wonderful (Bomba (sp?)) and NY cheesecake.Special Features:
- Had a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Choice of fish were good and we all had a different dishes so we can tried many dishes to tasted. Beautiful scenic ocean view, but in the restaurant it self looks old.Special Features:
- service and food fell off a cliffbravadoDined on 7/19/2014used to be great, relaxing and get a killer filet by the ocean. now the service is bad/unresponsive/rude and the food quality is pretty bad...took my family when they visited from over seas and unfortunately no one enjoyed their meal...Special Features:
- They made my Birthday very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I requested and they gave me a window table. The view was great. Service excellent and food and drink were outstanding. This is a new favorite to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- EnjoyableexperienceAnnaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Good, friendly reliable service. Food is average. View is great - recommended.Special Features:
- Great patio dining spotTravelerLQDined on 7/17/2014Large outdoor patio with tables, couches and chairs with fire pit, and plenty of heaters scattered around. Plexiglass saves you from windy days but allows a great ocean view. Seafood was fresh and good.Special Features:
- Miramar beach inn rocksCindyDined on 7/17/2014We went for the Thursday night special. Matt was our server. Great service, good food, good times!Special Features:
- Beautiful Ocean View DiningCoastlGrlDined on 7/11/2014Very lovely dining experience with ocean front views, indoors and on their heated patio. Pianist, Terry Disley, plays Thurs and weekends. The entrees that our party of four had were all very well prepared. Blackened Salmon, Petrale, Lobster and Filet Mignon, and seafood chowder were very delicious. Actually better than competitors at other popular coastside establishments. Side vegetables were a bit al dente, Delicious and very well prepared desserts and a lovely wine selection made for a wonderful dinner at sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views of the PacificmayankrawatDined on 7/9/2014With such splendid views of the Pacific, this restaurant is 'chameleon-esque' - would work wonders for a romantic evening for two or a great spot to keep the kids engaged, as they count the rocks on the barrier to the ocean or just a nice big family gathering. Food was good and the wine collection was moderate. We paired the catch of the day with some wine by the glass and it was moderately priced. I would suggest one make a trip to Ritz Carlton for some drinks on their Terrace restaurant and then come in here (5 miles north) for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGaryDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent as well as a nice view. The only issue was I ordered the surf and turf which was a special which was good but I didn't ask price as it turned out to be $69.95...wow.. I could have beared that but when the waiter never asked how our meals were was a bit poor. Not a 4 or 5 star experience!! With any meal you expect the service to ask how's the food but when you have the most expensive item you might expect someone to ask?? Our waiter was Jerran D. Also the gal who seated us said her ya go. You would think if properly trained you might say enjoy you meal. Overall good food but under performing serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2014We returned to Miramar Beach Restaurant for our anniversary, our last meal there being a long-held good memory. However, the service we received was horrible. After placing our order, the waiter simply ignored us while doting on the large table next to us. Wondering if he thought we weren't going to be a "big tipping" table, since we did not order wine/beer. We did, however, order appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Unfortunately, as soon as my entree arrived I was full from my starter of chowder, so I did not finish my meal. However, the waiter did not stop by ONE TIME to see how we were doing, ask if something was amiss with my food (there was not - it was fabulous, but he would not have known, since he ignored us the entire time).
- bellaDined on 7/5/2014wonderful place 2nd time here!! love the oysters miramar and the service was better than our food! (food was good but seemed the veggies were cheaply picked......could be better with price and rice pilaf was dry..salmon was dry but the bass was perfect! wish i had some better veggies peas;carrots (not out of a bag) maybe seome green beans instead......... overall great~! thank you i was there Saturday night...forgot our guys name maybe juan? thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacationing from PAOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent experience. We actually went to Miramar Beach twice over other recommended restaurants. We found it after arriving from PA and a long travel day. Great first impression so we returned.Special Features:
- AmazingRajeevDined on 7/4/2014Awesome food and ambiance. You must give it a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantInternationalDined on 6/29/2014Just a few minutes' drive from Mavericks and right on the oceanfront. We made an online reservation within 30 minutes of arriving, and were given a table by the window with a beautiful view, which is really the best attraction for this restaurant. Though the food was not amazing, it was good. We had fried calamari to share for appetizer and fish and paella, and the ingredients were all very fresh. The portions were generous. There was live music by an excellent pianist, and the atmosphere was great. We had a good lunch and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with great foodFoodieDined on 6/25/2014One of my favourite spots in the Bay area. I try to have dinner here at least once everytime I visit. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is excellent. The portions are large, and I often have a hard time fitting in my meal after a couple of their amazing starters such as the crab cake! As to be expected the seafood is always fresh and you cannot leave without tasting the bread pudding!Special Features:
- Jesseca's 40th b-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014WE HAD A GREAT TIME FOR OUR FIRST TIME! THE HOSTESS WAS VERY ACCOMMODATING AND WAS ABLE TO GET US A WINDOW SEAT. THE BARTENDER WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND MADE GREAT DRINKS AND INTRODUCED US A NEW WINE AND OUR WAITER WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL.Special Features:
- Consistently great for visitorsLuvNorCalDined on 6/21/2014Miramar is the perfect introduction of NorCal to my out of state visitors. I bring visitors here all the time because in a matter of a few hours they see the scenic drive on Hwy 92, the ocean, the beach, the gorgeous view from the restaurant, the great food and service, and experience the cool weather. Then a beautiful drive up Hwy 1 to Montara and on through the tunnel. All anchored on brunch at Miramar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrnolaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food was good, but not outstanding. Staff was friendly. The best part of the restaurant is the waterfront view.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLoveysDined on 6/19/2014Milton was our waiter, what a joy. So fun and really made our night greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean view and great foodKICONGLEDined on 6/17/2014This is a very special place, good food and great service. My wife and I dinned here for our wedding anniversary and we were very happy with everything. We were lucky enough to be seated at a window table and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. This is our spot to go for special events.Special Features:
- Great Service!foreveryoungDined on 6/15/2014I was a little nervous because our table was away from the windows and close to the bar. However, our waitress was excellent and made our visit special. We could still see the ocean from where we sat. The food was very good. The crab cake was delicious-lots of crab and not a bunch of "filler". The prawns were excellent as well. This was our second visit to Miramar and we would return again. Love the old world charm.Special Features:
- DisappointedOceanLoverDined on 6/15/2014A great ocean view was closed by a parked car, a heater could not be turned on, food is too simple for a price - salmon and calamary steak overcooked, house champaine is worst one I ever had. I used to like this restaurant, and brought my friends with us at this time - spoiled Father's day...Special Features:
- Attention to detailsLikeFrenchFoodDined on 6/15/2014Food was good. The view was good. The Piano players was good. The waiter was good; but Sunday's hostesses need to be replaced or retrained. The seating was handled as if they were routing cattle (which you don't expect of restaurant that sells surf & turf for $64); table location change requests were handled poorly. Manager needs to be more visible on the floor / spending more time managing the front end of the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view.. great service!angelsaboveDined on 6/15/2014Thank you, we loved the food and view and service , will definitely be back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late reservation pays off nicelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We made a reservation 24 hours before Father's Day. Very pleasantly surprised if they put us in a direct Oceanview table. The service is great and the food was very good we will go back.Special Features:
- Great Bday placeGregVIPDined on 6/14/2014Have not been here in 20 years. Good food. Great view. Really nice outside area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 6/13/2014Miramar Beach Restaurant is an excellent choice for a reasonably priced meal with good food and service. The ocean view is awesome, creating a terrific beach-front dining experience. My friend and I enjoyed the calamari appetizer as well as the Caesar salad and burger. I highly recommend Miramar Beach Restaurant for lunch or dinner when in Half Moon Bay.Special Features:
- Loved this Place!RoadKingDined on 6/9/2014We were a little early for our reservation, so we had a drink at the bar. What a friendly little beach casual find. It's like Cheers at the beach. Nonetheless, the food and service are top notch. Our waiter happily accomodated us at dinner when we asked for an Ahi Tuna appetizer we saw served at the bar, that is not normally served in the dining area. We had a choice of sitting indoors or outdoors, and chose indoors as it was a little cool and windy out. Still the view was gorgeous, and we enjoyed people watching the passers by. Wish we could wander into this place in our own neighborhood anytime we felt like it.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerCoolkikiDined on 6/8/2014I think making a reservation helps. We got a window seat just in time for the sunset. Our waiter was prompt, knew the specials, and was on top of everything. The food was great, as expected. And the live piano player was fantastic!!Special Features:
- HowardDined on 6/7/2014We can always count on a great meal at the Miramar Beach House and this time was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFrodoniaDined on 6/7/2014Great ocean view dining, friendly and helpful wait staff, fabulous scallops. This was my second visit and it did not disappoint. On-line reservations were very helpful as well. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Loved the outdoor dining. Took my dog and the staff couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar beach innCindyDined on 6/5/2014The Thursday night special was delicious. Sand Dabs and ceasar salad with asparagus and cappellini pomodoro. We were seated at a window seat for two so the view was fabulous. The only criticism is the noise level. Difficult to hear due to the poor acoustics and noise level. Wonderful service!Special Features:
- Wonderful MirimarhappycustVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was great. Beautiful ocean view even when not sunny. Great service. Very enjoyable luncheon.Special Features:
- Quality of meal didn't match pricejoskiDined on 6/1/2014I had the Eggs Florentine. The potatoes were cold when the dish arrived. The eggs were done just right. I asked for a well-done English muffin, but it wasn't. The cappucino was weak. The scenery is terrific, and the service was very good, but the quality of the meal didn't match the steep price.Special Features: