Miramar Beach Restaurant
131 Mirada Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Miramar Beach Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6507269053x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Jeronimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal Wedding reception location. We can seat 100 guests in our dining room, 30 around the bar and another 20 in the lounge. There is room for a DJ or a Band to set up and plenty of room for dancing. Please check us out at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Lewis 6507269053x
- Entertainment: Two time Grammy Nominee Terry Disley performs classical & contemporary solo piano Thursdays through Saturdays 5-9pm and Sundays 12-4 & 5-8pm for more info visit www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Every Thursday check out our Dinners UNDER $20!! 3 Course Complete Dinners for UNDER $20 per person (excludes tax & tip). Happy Hour Monday thru Wednesday 5-7 PM, including appetizer specials!
A word from Miramar Beach Restaurant
The Historic Miramar Beach Restaurant & Bar has a long and colorful history going back more than 70 years. It was originally designed and built as a Prohibition speakeasy to serve the liquor smuggled into the Bay Area through a drop off point on Miramar Beach. We have kept the historical ambiance and décor of the 1920s including an incomparable collection of photos from the era. With only a frontage road between us and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, we have the number one view and sunset on the Coast side. Check out our website at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Miramar Beach Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (143)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (76)romantic (62)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (47)great for brunch (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (5)Show More
- Great view, food & service.GoodFoodFanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it did not disappoint! The view from this restaurant is fabulous. Right on the beach. And the host is very good about giving you the best table available. Also, our server was excellent. Very attentive, fun, and helpful with suggestions. I had the salmon, and it was excellent. The wine list is very good, and very reasonably priced. And, the live music (piano player) was a really nice touch. This restaurant is a must for anytime that you are in the area (or even passing through).Special Features:
- Great music and good foodTableForTwoVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were staying locally and were pleased to find such a nice place. Food and service were good. We really enjoyed the piano player who was excellent. Had some nice local sand dabs and enjoyed ocean view. All in all a nice evening.Special Features:
- kbritanglodinerDined on 8/13/2014We are repeat customers who never miss when home. Food is always very good or excellent, service is tops and the view is unbeatable IF you choose a day with no fog!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and view!Caligroup14Dined on 8/8/2014We loved everything about this restaurant!! It combines elegance and casual for the most perfect dining experience! The halibut special was mouth-watering delicious. The service was spot on. I was on vacation with my husband and my only disappointment is that we can't return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view makes for a great mealTriggerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Had an excellent weekend lunch with the kids. The view can't be matched and the food and service was excellent. Obviously the menu slants heavily towards seafood so be aware for the pickier people in your group.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch Was TopsPacificaNickDined on 8/8/2014Have been going to the Miramar for years for lunch/brunch with family and friends. This latest lunch was with several old friends from our working days. I suggested the Miramar because I know it's a great place for food and ambiance. We were not disappointed. Made reservations through OpenTable (very easy and convenient) and got a nice window table. Wait staff were professional and courteous, the food was top notch (especially the fish chowder - best I've ever tasted). We were not rushed and had a thoroughly enjoyable time catching up on each other's lives since work days. I would recommend the Miramar to anyone looking for a great place to meet their friends and eat some outstanding meals. We'll be doing it again soon...very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodnot up to usual great standardsbillDined on 8/7/2014This has been a great restaurant. Eaten here many times over the years. Food, service, ambience has been consistent and great. However last Thursday's Halibut dinner was not up to their usual standards.Special Features:
- Pasta too rich!SuzenschoiceDined on 8/7/2014The scampi pasta was way too heavy on the oil for my taste. The chairs are uncomfortable. Lunch is better than dinner time noise wise. Our server was great, and the view was great too.Special Features:
- FoodSharks77VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was not good at all. Steaks over cooked, lobster rubbery. Just overall bad food
- Celebrating a retirementDianaDined on 8/5/2014Ladies had a great time celebrating a retirement of one of themSpecial Features:
- Would definitely recommenddksprodDined on 8/3/2014Used OpenTable for a same day reservation on our Anniversary and received a perfect Ocean View table. Food was great, service was great, Terry Disley on the Piano was the best! Thanks Miramar Beach Restaurant.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/3/2014Lunch at Miramar Beach Restaurant was enjoyable, as the ocean view is wonderful and the food is very good. My family enjoyed the shrimp & crab pasta as well as the chicken sandwich with fries, and the waiter was most attentive. Prices are reasonable making Miramar Beach Restaurant a good choice for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday nite out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Glad we made the choice to go there.Very enjoyable😊 Service was great. Outside seating was very nice. We all has a very nice time. Food was delish and everyone was having a great time with the champagne flowing😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very remarkable dinneroldharleyguyDined on 8/2/2014Took my wife there for her 60th birthday,and was not disappointed. Requested a window table facing the ocean, and had a GREAT view while dining. The pianist was fantastic, and my wife considered her dinner to be possibly the finest meal of her life!Special Features:
- Walking distance from Cypress InnBGJOGDined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Great view of the ocean and bench, great table next to the window, great food. Walking distance from the Cypress Inn which was a plus. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. KOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Food is acceptable, but not at the level of today's Bay Area food scene. It is fresh, palatable, predictable but an uninspired menu. The burger was fine. Very friendly staff. Magnificent view of the water. Thanks for the window table.Special Features:
- Great views; Great serviceEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great views; Great service; Nice ambiance, comfortable environment, very good food, and live piano music on some nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Hi - This restaurant has wonderful food. I dined on the patio around a fire pit. Met some interesting people and enjoyed a great meal. My 10 lb. dog was welcome on the patio which was great too! I'll go back.Special Features:
- Great experience and foodJumpmanDined on 7/26/2014What a great restaurant with a wonderful view of the ocean. Nice beach tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Their patio dinning is great! beautiful view of the ocean, fresh seafood dishes, love their "margarita seafood cocktail" and great service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014If the food quality was just stepped up a notch, this would be on the top of the list for everyone given the location and ambiance. But then they'll likely hv to up the menu price which would put them in direct competition against the Ritz down the road...Special Features:
- Disappointing!TANTVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food that we had was just fair at best. My husband ordered the Petrale Sole which was not as fresh as it should have been. I had the Calamari Steak that was a little chewy and way over breaded. The caesar salad was nice. and we shared a nice bottle of wine on the patio. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone based on the quality of the food.Special Features:
- RonnieDined on 7/20/2014Outstanding location. Good food. Reasonable prices. Great service. Loved the live piano music.Special Features:
- Our waiter was fantastic!out2lunchDined on 7/19/2014Four of us had a beautiful view of the ocean and luckily some porpoises were entertaining everyone while we ate. The Calamari appetizer came with a cream sauce that was so rich and flavorful we all made the waiter ask the Chef how it was made! Although my scallops were a little smaller than I was expecting, the preparation was very well done and there were a lot of them. I tasted the salmon and the sea bass, both were well seasoned and nicely prepared. The vegetables seemed to be an afterthought on the plate and I found myself dipping them into the sauce that came with my scallops in an effort to obtain some flavor, but that is a very minor complaint! The desserts were both wonderful (Bomba (sp?)) and NY cheesecake.Special Features:
- Had a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Choice of fish were good and we all had a different dishes so we can tried many dishes to tasted. Beautiful scenic ocean view, but in the restaurant it self looks old.Special Features:
- service and food fell off a cliffbravadoDined on 7/19/2014used to be great, relaxing and get a killer filet by the ocean. now the service is bad/unresponsive/rude and the food quality is pretty bad...took my family when they visited from over seas and unfortunately no one enjoyed their meal...Special Features:
- They made my Birthday very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I requested and they gave me a window table. The view was great. Service excellent and food and drink were outstanding. This is a new favorite to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- EnjoyableexperienceAnnaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Good, friendly reliable service. Food is average. View is great - recommended.Special Features:
- Great patio dining spotTravelerLQDined on 7/17/2014Large outdoor patio with tables, couches and chairs with fire pit, and plenty of heaters scattered around. Plexiglass saves you from windy days but allows a great ocean view. Seafood was fresh and good.Special Features:
- Miramar beach inn rocksCindyDined on 7/17/2014We went for the Thursday night special. Matt was our server. Great service, good food, good times!Special Features:
- Beautiful Ocean View DiningCoastlGrlDined on 7/11/2014Very lovely dining experience with ocean front views, indoors and on their heated patio. Pianist, Terry Disley, plays Thurs and weekends. The entrees that our party of four had were all very well prepared. Blackened Salmon, Petrale, Lobster and Filet Mignon, and seafood chowder were very delicious. Actually better than competitors at other popular coastside establishments. Side vegetables were a bit al dente, Delicious and very well prepared desserts and a lovely wine selection made for a wonderful dinner at sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views of the PacificmayankrawatDined on 7/9/2014With such splendid views of the Pacific, this restaurant is 'chameleon-esque' - would work wonders for a romantic evening for two or a great spot to keep the kids engaged, as they count the rocks on the barrier to the ocean or just a nice big family gathering. Food was good and the wine collection was moderate. We paired the catch of the day with some wine by the glass and it was moderately priced. I would suggest one make a trip to Ritz Carlton for some drinks on their Terrace restaurant and then come in here (5 miles north) for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGaryDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent as well as a nice view. The only issue was I ordered the surf and turf which was a special which was good but I didn't ask price as it turned out to be $69.95...wow.. I could have beared that but when the waiter never asked how our meals were was a bit poor. Not a 4 or 5 star experience!! With any meal you expect the service to ask how's the food but when you have the most expensive item you might expect someone to ask?? Our waiter was Jerran D. Also the gal who seated us said her ya go. You would think if properly trained you might say enjoy you meal. Overall good food but under performing serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2014We returned to Miramar Beach Restaurant for our anniversary, our last meal there being a long-held good memory. However, the service we received was horrible. After placing our order, the waiter simply ignored us while doting on the large table next to us. Wondering if he thought we weren't going to be a "big tipping" table, since we did not order wine/beer. We did, however, order appetizers, entrees, and dessert. Unfortunately, as soon as my entree arrived I was full from my starter of chowder, so I did not finish my meal. However, the waiter did not stop by ONE TIME to see how we were doing, ask if something was amiss with my food (there was not - it was fabulous, but he would not have known, since he ignored us the entire time).
- bellaDined on 7/5/2014wonderful place 2nd time here!! love the oysters miramar and the service was better than our food! (food was good but seemed the veggies were cheaply picked......could be better with price and rice pilaf was dry..salmon was dry but the bass was perfect! wish i had some better veggies peas;carrots (not out of a bag) maybe seome green beans instead......... overall great~! thank you i was there Saturday night...forgot our guys name maybe juan? thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacationing from PAOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent experience. We actually went to Miramar Beach twice over other recommended restaurants. We found it after arriving from PA and a long travel day. Great first impression so we returned.Special Features:
- AmazingRajeevDined on 7/4/2014Awesome food and ambiance. You must give it a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantInternationalDined on 6/29/2014Just a few minutes' drive from Mavericks and right on the oceanfront. We made an online reservation within 30 minutes of arriving, and were given a table by the window with a beautiful view, which is really the best attraction for this restaurant. Though the food was not amazing, it was good. We had fried calamari to share for appetizer and fish and paella, and the ingredients were all very fresh. The portions were generous. There was live music by an excellent pianist, and the atmosphere was great. We had a good lunch and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot with great foodFoodieDined on 6/25/2014One of my favourite spots in the Bay area. I try to have dinner here at least once everytime I visit. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is excellent. The portions are large, and I often have a hard time fitting in my meal after a couple of their amazing starters such as the crab cake! As to be expected the seafood is always fresh and you cannot leave without tasting the bread pudding!Special Features:
- Jesseca's 40th b-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014WE HAD A GREAT TIME FOR OUR FIRST TIME! THE HOSTESS WAS VERY ACCOMMODATING AND WAS ABLE TO GET US A WINDOW SEAT. THE BARTENDER WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND MADE GREAT DRINKS AND INTRODUCED US A NEW WINE AND OUR WAITER WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL.Special Features:
- The following 1126 reviews are from the Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews archive.