Miramar Beach Restaurant
131 Mirada Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Miramar Beach Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6507269053x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Jeronimo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal Wedding reception location. We can seat 100 guests in our dining room, 30 around the bar and another 20 in the lounge. There is room for a DJ or a Band to set up and plenty of room for dancing. Please check us out at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri Lewis 6507269053x
- Entertainment: Two time Grammy Nominee Terry Disley performs classical & contemporary solo piano Thursdays through Saturdays 5-9pm and Sundays 12-4 & 5-8pm for more info visit www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Every Thursday check out our Dinners UNDER $20!! 3 Course Complete Dinners for UNDER $20 per person (excludes tax & tip). Happy Hour Monday thru Wednesday 5-7 PM, including appetizer specials!
A word from Miramar Beach Restaurant
The Historic Miramar Beach Restaurant & Bar has a long and colorful history going back more than 70 years. It was originally designed and built as a Prohibition speakeasy to serve the liquor smuggled into the Bay Area through a drop off point on Miramar Beach. We have kept the historical ambiance and décor of the 1920s including an incomparable collection of photos from the era. With only a frontage road between us and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, we have the number one view and sunset on the Coast side. Check out our website at www.miramarbeachrestaurant.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Miramar Beach Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Miramar Beach Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (142)great for outdoor dining (80)special occasion (74)romantic (62)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (45)great for brunch (34)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (5)Show More
- Oceanfront FunGMarkDined on 10/18/2014The Miramar Beach Restaurant is a great place to grab something quick or to spend hours at enjoying a fine meal. The food was excellent and the view over the pacific is breathtaking. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Surprise!shirlspearlsDined on 10/10/2014Lived in Bay Area 46 years - had never been to Miramar...How sad that we've wasted all these years by not going there! It's truly a treasure - the view, staff...and the food is to die for. Best Lobster Roll I've ever eaten this side of Maine...party of 4 and everyone's meal was outstanding. Can hardly wait for another special occasion to brave the hour drive to eat there again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely viewJJG1Dined on 10/9/2014The view is tremendous, entertainment excellent, food is tasty and reasonably priced. Highly recommend this restaurant tucked away on the ocean. We had a party of 5, service was excellent and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Lovely view of the sun set.Special Features:
- Miramar Beach Restaurant2CanucksabroadDined on 10/6/2014Prices very high on everything & disappointed in the food. The appetizer was a nice small Sourdough loaf. The Maverick Crab Melt scooped with an ice-cream scoop was just flumped & landed onto a piece of toasted white bread that looked like Wonder bread out of a bag, not bakery sourdough. The cheese & crab were quite tasteless. Served open-faced on the other toasted bread slice there was too much lettuce, an unripe tomato slice, avocado & onion for the amount of crab. Once all put together it was one big mitt-ful uncut. The presentation not carefully done was not up to Exec. or Sous Chef standard for the price!! Lovely location, restaurant tired, hostess great, server pleasant but no energy. Not a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- An evening out!MedicfoodieDined on 10/5/2014You made out 'date night' very special and we intend to return again. The hospitality was superb, the dining wonderful, and the ambiance casual yet elegant. Relaxing evening dining as a couple are with friends new and old just off the beach.Special Features:
- Ocean Ocean OceanSpike11VIPDined on 10/5/2014You can't beat the views from the patio. Inside the restaurant is very pleasant and rustic, lots of TV's in the bar area so weekend visits will allow you to keep up with the games. The patio is the highlight for me, large diverse area with many options. The food was very good, the service was solid, and the prices are fair. Unlike Sam's down the road, Miramar sits right across a small road from a beautiful beach, people walking dogs, body surfing, and just relaxing. Sit on the patio and enjoy a relaxed brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sanbrunofriendsDined on 10/4/2014Food is very tasty and plentiful, fun atmosphere, friendly service, great scenic location. But needs air conditioning. Too muggy on a humid day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar:go for viewkittymomDined on 9/30/2014Miramar is about as close to the ocean as you can get. I have always found the food quite good. I had the fish tacos which were very good. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Disappointing 2xOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/20142nd time we have visited in 3 months. Both times were severely disappointing. The steak was over done - good piece of meat but not to order. The fish was okay, but really - Atlantic salmon on the edge of the Pacific during an open season? Oysters miramar - where were the oysters? You used to find large oysters in the shells in the sauce. This time I could barely find the oysters - are they recycling the shells and using small jared oysters??? Cake was half the size of what we used to get. The place was so noisy you could not hear yourself think. Only good thing was the service and you could tell the waiters were being run off their feet. Few waiters and more "support staff". If they are looking to save money - they aren't doing it right.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGaryDined on 9/26/2014We experienced poor service with poorly cooked food.
- Romantic evening out.... (however)SFeaterDined on 9/25/2014I have always enjoyed coming here and sitting on the patio over dinner and sunset. The specials of the day hold a solid value for any fine dining visitor who likes a hardy 3-course meal. The regret that I have is that they allow dogs on the patio. I'm EATING and dog owners just assume we all like to eat with their pets. I watched the friendly server go from serving my dinner plates to serving a neighbor's dog a bowl of water. Somehow, that seems more appropriate (if even) at the burger joint dining experience. Indoors is a pianist churning out romantic melodies to table-dwellers. The "dog-dwelling patio" lowered the experience from "fine" dining to "doggie dining."Special Features:
- Great evening out!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The best part was the excellent service we experienced from the beginning to the end - including an unexpected birthday surprise to top off our wonderful evening. Thank you very much!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014This iconic Half Moon Bay restaurant is a wonderful time warp. The Ceviche is delicious as are the Diablo Prawns. You can't be closer to the ocean! The outside dining is protected with wind screens. I have been there reguarly for 10 years!Special Features:
- beautiful sunsetpearlDined on 9/21/2014Excellent view from many tables. Even with the music and full dining room we had no problem conversing. Excellent view from many tables. Even with music and a full dining room we had no problem conversing.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014The food and service was excellent, we got our order in just a few minutes. The view of the ocean was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miramar beach rest.AnnaDined on 9/18/2014We had a great time, good food and good prices! Old restaurant with charm and on the beach.Special Features:
- pmf999Dined on 9/18/2014The location was amazing! Such a wonderful romantic sunset view, right on the water! Food was great also and reasonably priced. Nightly special was a great value at $19.99 and was delicious!Special Features:
- Perfect dayjamieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed Terry Disley's music while spending time with friends. Service was excellent. The views awesome...including whale watching from their large picture windows. Spending the day walking, reading and more ocean gazing and watching people's reactions to spotting the whales. Then Larry Vukovich and friends at The Bach.... Perfect....Special Features:
- Great place with a viewdatenightDined on 9/13/2014Booked a table based on other reviews and was not disappointed. Great food and vine selection. Beautiful view of the beach and ocean. Live music.Special Features:
- Great Viewsrovergirl74Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is great for relaxing and gazing at the ocean. The staff is always friendly and everyone seems happy! The food is always good, especially the crab.Special Features:
- A hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife to lunch at this restaurant and was pleased with the outcome. We sat at a window seat overlooking the Pacific Ocean as people and animals enjoyed the beach in front of us. The waiter was spot on and ensured that our plates and glasses were never empty. The food itself was great and you can't beat free Valet parking.Special Features:
- Best waiter around!!DelightedVIPDined on 9/11/2014High-fives to Juan . . . best of the best as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally worth itChristineDined on 9/5/2014First time at Miramar and I would definitely go back. It's a bit pricey but the food and the view was totally worth it. Excellent place to come for dinner and watch the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best feature is location00NanDined on 8/31/2014Nice view of ocean and large patio dining. Although the artichoke cakes were good to start, the paella and carbonara entrees were disappointingly soupy and rather alike in taste and texture.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A little disappointed in the wait. We had reservations @ 7:15. We arrived 45 minutes prior and was finally sat @ 7:40. The food was great along with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great dinnergreg95120Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner here on Sunday, August 31st, 2014. One of the nicest dinner settings on the San Mateo coast. Beautiful views of the ocean. We have been here several times, dinner has always been good to excellent. My only complaint this time is that we had reservations at 7:00pm, and we were seated at 7:45pm. No big deal, luckily we found 2 seats at the bar. Service was great. Complimentary valet parking. What? Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner DelightDaveMDined on 8/31/2014We headed to Miramar after 3 different people from our hotel in Half Moon Bay recommended it. The food was wonderful, the view was spectacular, and the overall experience was memorable.Special Features:
- Super Experience!NanafoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had an amazing lunch experience. Gorgeous view of ocean. Lovely artichoke, crab cocktail and yummy Salmon, Mango dessert! Great service! Loved it. Started our weekend delightfully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nxt timeRandyDined on 8/31/2014We will.be back. Claudio you made our day...Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DiningDel22Dined on 8/30/2014The dining experience was exceptional, the ocean view was perfect, and the food out of this world. Service was excellent from the parking valet, to the receptionist, and the waiters. The piano music was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the beachMEGGDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful location but food and menu could use some updating. There were also some flys flying around while we were trying to eat our food. Both hostesses were very kind. Waiter was very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I drove from Palo Alto to celebrate my birthday no one mentioned about the my birthday when it was on the reservation service was very poor not going back that's for sureSpecial Features:
- Excellent waiter and chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was Juan. He is so good he could be working at a Big City restaurant. Juan had all the specials and ingredients of each dish memorized. Was knowledgeable about the wines, including sparkling wine. (Sadly, I often find that many waiters and bar staff do not know what a sparkling wine is! They just look blankly at you.) The Chef was kind enough to prepare the sole in a special way I needed. Food was excellent and delicious. Do with they would offer Senior size dinners as we were travelling so the normal size was just too much for us to finish. Had we been going straight home we would have taken the remaining portion and had a whole other dinner at home the next day.Special Features:
- Best sunsets in the WestDelightedVIPDined on 8/28/2014When you score a window table at the MIRAMAR, the sunsets don't get any better!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Used to enjoy Thursday prime rib dinner - food has declined. Vegetables undercooked, meat salty.
- Ocean ViewNot2easy2pleaseDined on 8/26/2014Very friendly but not overbearing service, and the window table offered an excellent ocean view. The food was good and reasonably priced. Not surprisingly for a coast side restaurant, the stuffed sole was a better choice than the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrankypantsDined on 8/23/2014Setting and ambiance make this a worthwhile venue for an outing at the coast. A bit pricey, the fare is OK but uninspired, the waitstaff friendly and willing but the young man we got was unsure of himself and the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely NoisyJimCDined on 8/17/2014We've been going to this restaurant for many years. While it's never been a really quiet restaurant (and that was OK), our last two visits were ruined by a noise level SO high that it was impossible to converse with my wife without shouting - adding even more to the noise level. This seems to have occured after they started having piano entertainment on the weekends. The piano and singing pianist are amplified and is just too loud for the size of the restaurant. Consequently everyone has to speak more loudly and it just keeps escalating. We probably won't go back to this restaurant since weekends are the only times we can go.
- Miriamar Beach RestaurantHalfMoonBakedDined on 8/17/2014Views were extremely scenic; ambience was delightful; and the food was excellent. Wait staff could use some work on overall energy and customer interface. Exceptional experience; would highly recommend !!!!Special Features:
- Great view, food & service.GoodFoodFanDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it did not disappoint! The view from this restaurant is fabulous. Right on the beach. And the host is very good about giving you the best table available. Also, our server was excellent. Very attentive, fun, and helpful with suggestions. I had the salmon, and it was excellent. The wine list is very good, and very reasonably priced. And, the live music (piano player) was a really nice touch. This restaurant is a must for anytime that you are in the area (or even passing through).Special Features: