2131 N Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mirakuwalnutcreek.com/
- Phone: 9259321112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Miraku
Miraku serves traditional Japanese and deliciously fresh sushi in a warm and friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Miraku reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- PleasingsakesakeDined on 6/15/2014Food, sake, and service good as ever! Reasonable prices. Minor problem: reservations not a must, but Miraku seemed to have no record of the reservation we made on OpenTable. Interior bright, tastefully decorated. Servers in obi. Exterior unpromising, drab building in an industrial district near Toyota dealer, tire store, and auto repair shops. Limited off-street parking in front of the entrance, lots of unguarded parking space behind the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2014Went there on Father's Day. Service was poor for the first time. We've been there numerous times, and this is the first time service was lacking. We requested ice water multiple times, but nothing was ever sent to our table.
- Greatly DisappointingHontogakiVIPDined on 6/12/2014After living in Walnut Creek and dining at Miraku frequently; returned for a visit and wanted to take party of 6 from Japan and New Mexico for dinner. Manager could not find my reservation until I showed the confirmation...downhill from there. Crammed in to a very small booth; menu had food stains; tempura smelled like to had been fried in old / dirty oil; teriyaki beef had no flavor; back service / table maintenance abysmal...bussed own table. When I tried to address the above issues w/ manager, while in progress; received the perfunctory apology w/ rational that they were very busy. Restaurants go out of business one customer at a time.......let me be the first to say....never crossing Miraku's threshold again...Never!!!
- good Japanese dinner, Japanese run.Saberman53Dined on 6/7/2014First impression walking in the door is that real Japanese operate this tastefully decorated restaurant. The outside could use a themed presence.Our party of 8 enjoyed our meal. Unagi was served heated but not seared, one of my measures of a good but not perfect sushi place. Hamachi was very fresh. Sukiyaki was good. Beef teriyaki very good, but one small sharp bone spicule made its way into mine, another in my friend's serving. Two guests ordered a dragon roll which they said was very good but not the best they have had. our hostess and server both wore Japanese attire. We sat at a table, though a sushi bar is available. It was quiet to foster easy conversation. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy sushi in walnut creek!ChickieDined on 2/22/2014If you want good sushi and great service Miraku is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, restaurant a bit datedNummVIPDined on 1/25/2014It was our first time there and we will be back as the food was good. The restaurant is a bit dated and dingy, but that is a minor point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff were all very friendlyHelenVIPDined on 12/24/2013The staff were all very friendly and they all wear Japanese robes. There was one little old lady in her that came by to give her recommendations like a grandma - it was very cute. The atmosphere is more traditional Japanese as well. This is a place for a relaxing quiet Japanese meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute and QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013This little restaurant is tucked behind the main streets of Walnut Creek. It was perfect for a meet and greet type of date. Meaning low key and not near the busy Downtown area. The Sushi was really good and the service was very friendly. Lot and street parking was was available.Special Features:
- Best sushi in walnut creek!ChickieDined on 12/14/2013I took some friends who were from out of town to miraku and they loved it! They especially liked the wait staff that were dressed in Kimonos. The service was excellent the staff was very attentive and friendly. The sushi rolls were delicious and the tab was not a killer at the end of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Japanese CusinechrisazimDined on 11/16/2013Miraku's wonderful food and fantastic service reminds me very much of time spent in great local restaurants in Japan. The sushi chefs are terrific and the food is always top notch. They match or beat anything I have tasted in SF or LA. I also very much like the cooked meals, including yose nabe, on a cold winter evening. The interior is nicely decorated in authentic decor and the waitresses are dressed in customary attire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Suski at Great PriceKEddieVIPDined on 5/3/2013Very good sushi at some of the lowest prices I've seen in the area. The combination meals are more than enough to fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurnt was a wonderfulCammyDined on 3/25/2013This restaurnt was a wonderful surprise. The sushi was absolutely delicious. Very, very fresh. The staff couldn't have been any more helpful and friendly. Will certainly go back for more.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013The food is excellent. This is a great place for a quality meal with good conversation.Special Features:
- Miraku-Alwys ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Miraku remains one of the few Japanese restaurants that consistently serves excellent and authentic Japanese food in an always pleasnt enviornment. Service is always at least godd, as it was Valentine's Day evening, and mostly excellent. We continue to return often, as we have since it opened ((back in the 70's?) and are never disapppointed.Special Features:
- Service was a little disjointedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/14/2013Service was a little disjointed with no one person in charge of our table - had duplicate drinks brought to table. Food arrival was also erratic. All in all, food was good and pricing reasonable. It is a comfortable place to dine.Special Features:
- Great service and very goodCarmelKwonDined on 2/14/2013Great service and very good food. Worth the drive from Moraga.
- Excellant traditional JapaneseSusanVIPDined on 2/10/2013Excellant traditional Japanese food with very high quality, fresh ingredients.Special Features: