Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
2020 W. Division St.
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miraisushi.com/
- Phone: (773) 862-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Upstairs reservation is available only on Tuesday-Saturday. Please inquire within for upstairs reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jun Ichikawa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please set up ahead of time, sushi and the regular menu are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Mirai Sushi can accommodate up to 20 guests for semi-private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Lesley Stella 7738628500
- Special Events: 773) 862-8500 firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
Mirai Sushi's sleek & lively setting combines modern elegance with a twinge of funk while introducing a modern approval to Japanese cuisine. The menu juxtaposes traditional Japanese selections with a variety of ingredients from other cultures to create dishes from around the globe. The upstairs bar boasts 30 varieties of sake & the sushi menu changes daily to feed the customers knowledge of the art of sushi. LOUNGE IS OPEN THURSDAY - SATURDAY *If you are interested in upstairs lounge reservations, please make note in your reservation*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSushi
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park - Best Restaurants in Bucktown / Wicker Park ›
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Solid ChoiceChicagoDDined on 10/31/2014Mirai is a solid choice for sushi, not the best but definitely above the city average, with a few interesting twists. The tuna tartar with mango was exceptional, and the nigiri was definitely good quality but the rolls were just average. It's a good place to meet friends and grab a drink upstairs in the lounge, and will also work for a date in a pinch, but isn't really as romantic a setting as you might want for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best toro of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/29/2014Mirai raised the bar for all things Japanese in my world. We did omakase and could not be more pleased. The Chawanmushi was delightful and the otoro and chu toro made my trip. Definitely not a cheap dinner, but worth every dollar and i will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceCalicakesVIPDined on 10/24/2014I remember the sushi being better here. It's a little bit above mediocre. We only went here because we were looking for a local sushi place on Division. With all the options for good sushi in Chicago, you should pass on this one since it's overpriced for the quality of sushi.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysMichaelVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time back in a while and we definitely will be going back soon - one of the best sushi spots in Chicago. Everything was fresh and delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great sushiQtipDined on 10/24/2014Have been going to Mirai for years, the sushi is still among the best in Chicago. The upstairs room is nicer for a weekend night out, but it has less of the lounge feel that it had a few years ago.. Which is a bit disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Upon arrival I asked to review the gluten free menu. I ordered the soft shell crab roll that was listed on the gluten free menu and when it came out it clearly had tempura on it. When I asked if it was gluten free, the waitress indicated that they are unable to make that roll gluten free. Next, I ordered the Mirai combo listed at $21. When my bill came I noticed that $42 was listed. When I questioned why I was being charged $42 instead of the listed $21 she had no response and said she would take off the charge of the soft shell crab roll that I couldn't eat anyways. Bad service and non-gluten free friendly despite the gluten free menu.
- ExcellentBenLDined on 10/17/2014We had a really good time with my wife, the food and the service were excellent. We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Always excellent dining with great service , Wonderful sushi presentation .Special Features:
- consistent and wonderfulGradentDined on 9/13/2014after 15 years, Mirai continues to be outstanding in the Chicago restaurant scene. It is not only about the great Sushi served but the knowledgeable, welcoming, staff. A well managed restaurant, that knows what they are doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi and moreLyndaDined on 8/30/2014We had a seafood Udon, Tempura Udon, asparagus sushi, chicken teriyaki, gyoza ravioli, soft shell Tini. My 8yr old grandson loved the seafood udon with the shrimp, squid & octopus..he said yummmm. The chicken teriyaki sauce was especially nice. Have to go back to try a few more items. Only draw back is if you desire more rice or sauce there is a charge. We didn't have any extras. The food was good for a repeat visit. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- You have been better!MMeatDined on 8/24/2014We live around the corner and visit frequently, the sashimi was still great quality, not cut as beautiful as it used to be, but the hot food was very average. I know it is a Sushi place and maybe we should not eat anything else there, but it was on the menu, so we expect a good quality of food.
- The following 384 reviews are from the Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park reviews archive.
- Best tuna nigiri in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014The quality of the tuna and salmon is amazing. And the way is marinated impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Sushi & Unique FlavorsDHRbVIPDined on 7/1/2014We go to a lot of Sushi restaurants, but Mirai is our favorite. Here are three things we always order if they are available. Nigiri Trio - top quality fish you won't want to dip in soy sauce because it is already perfect! I cannot spell our second favorite, but it is an appetizer pronounced "ahdjee". Our third is any of their three is either the Shrimp or Chicken Togorashi. The sauce used on this is tofu dish out of this world! Service is always very good, and the waiters really know the menu and can recommend some great Sake. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency.Delicious.WeilovesItalianDined on 6/21/2014I have become a regular at this amazing location. Miae and her employees are the best I have ever experienced. Whether I am here for lunch or dinner with people in town or just friends that have to taste it to believe it. The food is always great if not better each time. You can not go wrong and normally I do not venture too much. However, when you find a place that has consistency with not just service, but presentation and taste. A huge foodie like myself can never go wrong with just closing my eyes and placing my finger on the menu. Recommended: Bin Cho, Shrimp Togarashi and lettuce wraps!Special Features:
- Not worth the $$LDubKDined on 6/20/2014With the abundance of great sushi restaurants in the neighborhood I will not be returning to Mirai. The food was decent but the roll options were limited and did not have a great deal of flavor. The wait staff was friendly but slow. They forgot to bring out an appetizer until we reminded them at the very end of the meal when my pregnant friend was still hungry and not happy with the service. At many other restaurants a forgotten order would have been comped. The hostess was very rude when we thought our table had been given to another party. We were seated at our table 45 min. after our scheduled reservation time. I'm glad we tried Mirai because now I can stop wondering if paying more for sushi is worth it. Clearly it is not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I would recommend to all of my friends.Special Features:
- Doesn't get better than this...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014Always fresh. The most unique menu. Tuna tuna salmon, seven spice shrimp and lettuce wraps are a must but you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Panko chicken, veggie/California roll are great for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2014I took my cousin here for her birthday. After an hour and a half we had been served two pieces of nigiri- plus our edamame. They forgot or misplaced half our order. That's just the highlights- the waiter never came to check on us, was arrogant and unapologetic about his errors. In addition, they made not effort to accommodate my cousins food allergy to seaweed. There are way too any stellar sushi restaurants in Chicago to waste your time nor money (this place isn't cheap) here.
- henbokoVIPDined on 6/3/2014It must have been an off night for them. Although there weren't many guests, the server was not attentive, and we waited for a long time while chefs were chatting among themselves at the sushi bar. It was unfortunate, because I took out of town guests for what I thought would be a great sushi experience. The sushi was very tasty, though.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014I lived in Japan for three years. This is fine sushi by Japanese standards. Very fresh ingredients, prepared with great expertise and care. Check it out.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise in Wicker ParkNYCtoCHIVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I chose to have dinner here on a whim. We read a couple of decent reviews and decided to give it a shot. What we found was a true foodie joint. Ill add that we live in Chicago but are recent transplants from Manhattan and are burdened with high expectations in restaurants. The staff was friendly, had opinions and nerded out with us over the food. Hats of to the chefs, staff and owners of this wonderful establishment. We have put it in our rotation and plan to eat here every other week. The best toro I've had in the US. Must get the kana nigiri if looking for something cooked.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodfanaticDined on 5/16/2014Came into town for the food show. I had been to Mirai in the past and it is still as great as I remember! The sushi is outstanding and our server Veda was even better!! I love everything about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a lot of updatingYanaDined on 5/3/2014Not the Mirai that it was a few years back. Looks and feels worn out. The food is no longer something to rave about. This has been a consistent experience over the past several years and not simply an "off" evening.
- Always amazing!cannejohnsonVIPDined on 4/12/2014Mirai is always fabulous. Never a bad meal. One of our favs for years! A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceRS1999VIPDined on 4/12/2014One of the best sushi places in town. Esp the special rolls, they are fantastic! Ambience - great for groups or dates, and the outdoor space also looked fantastic (although we didn't sit there).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2014My experience at Mirai Sushi was outstanding. The quality of the food was well beyond my expectations. I was introduced to new and delicious tastes from the wine that was recommended to the Togarashi dish. The prices are slightly higher, but considering the quality food and amazing staff it is a bargain. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets us downnicholasokuleyDined on 3/29/2014A staple on our dining out list. Now that we have kids, we don't get out much, but this is always one of the targets. Amazingly fresh cuts, delicious (and not overpowering) rolls, and some appetizers to die for (shrimp togarashi). Don't expect to come here if you want cream cheese rolls or mango stuffed with jalapeno and cucumber. This is a place to come for amazing bits of fish. The tuna combination is spectacular, and the specials are usually fantastic. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly perfectJmigdalDined on 3/22/2014From sushi to service, they NAIL IT. Steve, our server, was outstanding. Attentive and helpful the entire meal. The Food Rocked. Loved it. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!epicshenanigansDined on 3/14/2014Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when going in, but it has honestly ruining eating stereotypical "sushi" for me. This stuff was authentic, had the right amount of kick, and made me just the right amount of full. The one con I have about the entire experience was the atmosphere upstairs. There were basically no lights on, which at 10PM at night, I was relying on the light from outside to read the menu. Downstairs was more well lit, but definitely more of the "family friendly" area. Either way, next time I'm in Chicago, that will definitely be my sushi place!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceKevinDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have always wanted to check this place out and our only regret is that it took us so long. It was a great experience. The sake was amazing and everything we ate was spectacular. The owner was there and helping the waitresses out. She took come of our orders and was friendly and fun to talk to. I highly recommend this place to sushi snobs and newbies alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiAluvDined on 3/7/2014Just went to Mirai on Friday night for a birthday dinner and had a wonderful time. Food and drinks were great. The tuna tuna salmon roll was my favorite served along with a cucumber martini.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very nice butLPdinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014Our waiter was very nice but it was difficult to get his attention in the darkness of the lounge. We sat for very long periods of time without a visit. Finally someone used their iPhone flashlight to get his attention- the tables were only half full. The sushi was very good. The wine list needs to be revamped.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiKPchicagoVIPDined on 3/1/2014A few of us wanted to get dinner before meeting up with a big group in Wicker Park, so I found this place on yelp and booked through open table. It was snowing (again, shocker) and pretty nasty out so by the time we got here it was mostly empty, maybe 5 other tables tops. It was good - definitely lived up to it's ratings on both Yelp and Open Table. Our server had great recommendations and the food was yummy. The specialty and sushi rolls are limited in options so maybe not great if there are food allergies or picky eaters, but everything we got was good. One of my friends is a vegetarian and she found plenty to eat. Overall, a happy find for sushi in WP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHitomiDined on 2/28/2014Although the fish was very high quality, the rice balls fell apart when we dipped the sushi in the soy sauce. In addition, the tempura udon had too many onions.
- No MoreNoNameNoSloganVIPDined on 2/27/2014Every time I go here, I wind up having an upset stomach afterwards. I don't know what it is, no matter what I order, it's always the same outcome. The visit itself, this time was the worst I've had here. First time sitting upstairs, where it was so dark, all you could see was the waving of smartphone flashlights trying to see the menu. If my guest didn't have her light on, I wouldn't even been able to see her. Service was extremely slow and non-attentive. Food was also the slow. Food, as usual, was decent, although with a number of similar places in the area doing it better and cheaper, but pricey. Haven't been back.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseacev12Dined on 2/15/2014Although we were late they seated us immediately and catered to our every need. Definitely a place to return to and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekstephuDined on 2/6/2014I've been looking for a good sushi place, since I just moved here from California and it seems like most Asian food here isn't very good. The RW menu consisted of a drink, an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. For the drink I got a Cucumber Passion cocktail. My drink was absolutely delicious and very refreshing. For the appetizer I got the gyoza and my mom got the spicy mono. Both were very good, but I was totally wowed by the spicy mono. It was definitely some of the best sushi I've had in awhile. For dessert I had the red bean mochi ice cream and the mango mochi ice cream. I definitely liked the mango mochi the best. Overall, this was a great dinner and I will for sure be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi but iffy service!garlandgirl3VIPDined on 2/4/2014This was for a special occasion. We originally had rez at Juno, but there was a fire so we switched. First, this place is gorgeous! The sushi is so fun and beautifully presented, but the night we were there the place was full and only two waitresses, one busboy and the host. We waited for quite awhile for someone to come over to take an order. Twice they brought us the wrong food-quickly rectified, once the wrong bottle of wine-50% more expensive, but the host said we could have it at the same price. I am not sure we would go back because of the service, but it could have been a bad night for them. But if you know there might be some service problems going in and can be patient, it is a terrific place.Special Features:
- Best SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/1/2014It had been about 6-7 years since we last had been to Mirai(which was our first time). What amazing sushi! We have been to many places since our first time there, but no other sushi restaurant could compare to our first experience. The food was fantastic this time around. We are definitely going to make it back sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GLUTEN FREEFoodLoverVIPDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant advertises on Open Table that they accomidate gluten free diners but they really don't. We asked about mulitple items on the menu and the server had to go ask, so he didn't know the menu very well. Some of the items could have been made gluten free but they made no effort to accomidate the fact that we eat gluten free. So don't advertise that you are gluten free if you are not ! ! ! ! !