Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
2020 W. Division St.
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miraisushi.com/
- Phone: 7738628500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Upstairs reservation is available only on Tuesday-Saturday. Please inquire within for upstairs reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jun Ichikawa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please set up ahead of time, sushi and the regular menu are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Mirai Sushi can accommodate up to 20 guests for semi-private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Lesley Stella 7738628500
- Special Events: 773) 862-8500 firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park
Mirai Sushi's sleek & lively setting combines modern elegance with a twinge of funk while introducing a modern approval to Japanese cuisine. The menu juxtaposes traditional Japanese selections with a variety of ingredients from other cultures to create dishes from around the globe. The upstairs bar boasts 30 varieties of sake & the sushi menu changes daily to feed the customers knowledge of the art of sushi. LOUNGE IS OPEN THURSDAY - SATURDAY *If you are interested in upstairs lounge reservations, please make note in your reservation*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSushi
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park - Best Restaurants in Bucktown / Wicker Park ›
Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)romantic (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sushi and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a seafood Udon, Tempura Udon, asparagus sushi, chicken teriyaki, gyoza ravioli, soft shell Tini. My 8yr old grandson loved the seafood udon with the shrimp, squid & octopus..he said yummmm. The chicken teriyaki sauce was especially nice. Have to go back to try a few more items. Only draw back is if you desire more rice or sauce there is a charge. We didn't have any extras. The food was good for a repeat visit. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- You have been better!MMeatDined on 8/24/2014We live around the corner and visit frequently, the sashimi was still great quality, not cut as beautiful as it used to be, but the hot food was very average. I know it is a Sushi place and maybe we should not eat anything else there, but it was on the menu, so we expect a good quality of food.
- Best tuna nigiri in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014The quality of the tuna and salmon is amazing. And the way is marinated impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Sushi & Unique FlavorsDHRbDined on 7/1/2014We go to a lot of Sushi restaurants, but Mirai is our favorite. Here are three things we always order if they are available. Nigiri Trio - top quality fish you won't want to dip in soy sauce because it is already perfect! I cannot spell our second favorite, but it is an appetizer pronounced "ahdjee". Our third is any of their three is either the Shrimp or Chicken Togorashi. The sauce used on this is tofu dish out of this world! Service is always very good, and the waiters really know the menu and can recommend some great Sake. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$LDubKDined on 6/20/2014With the abundance of great sushi restaurants in the neighborhood I will not be returning to Mirai. The food was decent but the roll options were limited and did not have a great deal of flavor. The wait staff was friendly but slow. They forgot to bring out an appetizer until we reminded them at the very end of the meal when my pregnant friend was still hungry and not happy with the service. At many other restaurants a forgotten order would have been comped. The hostess was very rude when we thought our table had been given to another party. We were seated at our table 45 min. after our scheduled reservation time. I'm glad we tried Mirai because now I can stop wondering if paying more for sushi is worth it. Clearly it is not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I would recommend to all of my friends.Special Features:
- Doesn't get better than this...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014Always fresh. The most unique menu. Tuna tuna salmon, seven spice shrimp and lettuce wraps are a must but you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Panko chicken, veggie/California roll are great for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2014I took my cousin here for her birthday. After an hour and a half we had been served two pieces of nigiri- plus our edamame. They forgot or misplaced half our order. That's just the highlights- the waiter never came to check on us, was arrogant and unapologetic about his errors. In addition, they made not effort to accommodate my cousins food allergy to seaweed. There are way too any stellar sushi restaurants in Chicago to waste your time nor money (this place isn't cheap) here.
- henbokoVIPDined on 6/3/2014It must have been an off night for them. Although there weren't many guests, the server was not attentive, and we waited for a long time while chefs were chatting among themselves at the sushi bar. It was unfortunate, because I took out of town guests for what I thought would be a great sushi experience. The sushi was very tasty, though.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014I lived in Japan for three years. This is fine sushi by Japanese standards. Very fresh ingredients, prepared with great expertise and care. Check it out.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise in Wicker ParkNYCtoCHIVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I chose to have dinner here on a whim. We read a couple of decent reviews and decided to give it a shot. What we found was a true foodie joint. Ill add that we live in Chicago but are recent transplants from Manhattan and are burdened with high expectations in restaurants. The staff was friendly, had opinions and nerded out with us over the food. Hats of to the chefs, staff and owners of this wonderful establishment. We have put it in our rotation and plan to eat here every other week. The best toro I've had in the US. Must get the kana nigiri if looking for something cooked.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodfanaticDined on 5/16/2014Came into town for the food show. I had been to Mirai in the past and it is still as great as I remember! The sushi is outstanding and our server Veda was even better!! I love everything about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 372 reviews are from the Mirai Sushi - Wicker Park reviews archive.
- Needs a lot of updatingYanaDined on 5/3/2014Not the Mirai that it was a few years back. Looks and feels worn out. The food is no longer something to rave about. This has been a consistent experience over the past several years and not simply an "off" evening.
- Always amazing!cannejohnsonVIPDined on 4/12/2014Mirai is always fabulous. Never a bad meal. One of our favs for years! A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceRS1999VIPDined on 4/12/2014One of the best sushi places in town. Esp the special rolls, they are fantastic! Ambience - great for groups or dates, and the outdoor space also looked fantastic (although we didn't sit there).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2014My experience at Mirai Sushi was outstanding. The quality of the food was well beyond my expectations. I was introduced to new and delicious tastes from the wine that was recommended to the Togarashi dish. The prices are slightly higher, but considering the quality food and amazing staff it is a bargain. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets us downnicholasokuleyDined on 3/29/2014A staple on our dining out list. Now that we have kids, we don't get out much, but this is always one of the targets. Amazingly fresh cuts, delicious (and not overpowering) rolls, and some appetizers to die for (shrimp togarashi). Don't expect to come here if you want cream cheese rolls or mango stuffed with jalapeno and cucumber. This is a place to come for amazing bits of fish. The tuna combination is spectacular, and the specials are usually fantastic. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly perfectJmigdalDined on 3/22/2014From sushi to service, they NAIL IT. Steve, our server, was outstanding. Attentive and helpful the entire meal. The Food Rocked. Loved it. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!epicshenanigansDined on 3/14/2014Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when going in, but it has honestly ruining eating stereotypical "sushi" for me. This stuff was authentic, had the right amount of kick, and made me just the right amount of full. The one con I have about the entire experience was the atmosphere upstairs. There were basically no lights on, which at 10PM at night, I was relying on the light from outside to read the menu. Downstairs was more well lit, but definitely more of the "family friendly" area. Either way, next time I'm in Chicago, that will definitely be my sushi place!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceKevinDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have always wanted to check this place out and our only regret is that it took us so long. It was a great experience. The sake was amazing and everything we ate was spectacular. The owner was there and helping the waitresses out. She took come of our orders and was friendly and fun to talk to. I highly recommend this place to sushi snobs and newbies alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiAluvDined on 3/7/2014Just went to Mirai on Friday night for a birthday dinner and had a wonderful time. Food and drinks were great. The tuna tuna salmon roll was my favorite served along with a cucumber martini.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very nice butLPdinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014Our waiter was very nice but it was difficult to get his attention in the darkness of the lounge. We sat for very long periods of time without a visit. Finally someone used their iPhone flashlight to get his attention- the tables were only half full. The sushi was very good. The wine list needs to be revamped.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiKPchicagoVIPDined on 3/1/2014A few of us wanted to get dinner before meeting up with a big group in Wicker Park, so I found this place on yelp and booked through open table. It was snowing (again, shocker) and pretty nasty out so by the time we got here it was mostly empty, maybe 5 other tables tops. It was good - definitely lived up to it's ratings on both Yelp and Open Table. Our server had great recommendations and the food was yummy. The specialty and sushi rolls are limited in options so maybe not great if there are food allergies or picky eaters, but everything we got was good. One of my friends is a vegetarian and she found plenty to eat. Overall, a happy find for sushi in WP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHitomiDined on 2/28/2014Although the fish was very high quality, the rice balls fell apart when we dipped the sushi in the soy sauce. In addition, the tempura udon had too many onions.
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Although we were late they seated us immediately and catered to our every need. Definitely a place to return to and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekstephuDined on 2/6/2014I've been looking for a good sushi place, since I just moved here from California and it seems like most Asian food here isn't very good. The RW menu consisted of a drink, an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. For the drink I got a Cucumber Passion cocktail. My drink was absolutely delicious and very refreshing. For the appetizer I got the gyoza and my mom got the spicy mono. Both were very good, but I was totally wowed by the spicy mono. It was definitely some of the best sushi I've had in awhile. For dessert I had the red bean mochi ice cream and the mango mochi ice cream. I definitely liked the mango mochi the best. Overall, this was a great dinner and I will for sure be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi but iffy service!garlandgirl3VIPDined on 2/4/2014This was for a special occasion. We originally had rez at Juno, but there was a fire so we switched. First, this place is gorgeous! The sushi is so fun and beautifully presented, but the night we were there the place was full and only two waitresses, one busboy and the host. We waited for quite awhile for someone to come over to take an order. Twice they brought us the wrong food-quickly rectified, once the wrong bottle of wine-50% more expensive, but the host said we could have it at the same price. I am not sure we would go back because of the service, but it could have been a bad night for them. But if you know there might be some service problems going in and can be patient, it is a terrific place.Special Features:
- Best SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/1/2014It had been about 6-7 years since we last had been to Mirai(which was our first time). What amazing sushi! We have been to many places since our first time there, but no other sushi restaurant could compare to our first experience. The food was fantastic this time around. We are definitely going to make it back sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GLUTEN FREEFoodLoverVIPDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant advertises on Open Table that they accomidate gluten free diners but they really don't. We asked about mulitple items on the menu and the server had to go ask, so he didn't know the menu very well. Some of the items could have been made gluten free but they made no effort to accomidate the fact that we eat gluten free. So don't advertise that you are gluten free if you are not ! ! ! ! !
- Best sushi in townZakfoxDined on 1/31/2014Mirai is quickly becoming my favorite spot for incredibly fresh fish. From classics to imaginative menu items, I highly encourage you try this restaurant. Ask for the Omakase if you're an adventurous eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdop5Dined on 1/24/2014This place is overpriced and nothing special in terms of sushi. The interior needs an update as well.
- Mirai is our fav sushi spot!cannejohnsonVIPDined on 12/28/2013Our fav spot in the city for fresh sushi. So much better than all other places. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Good TimeboyndahoodDined on 12/22/2013Stopped in for dinner Sunday night to catch up with old friends. Miei, the proprietor and erstwhile acquaintance, was exceptionally accommodating. The food was perfect as were the drinks. Never an unpleasant experience at Mirai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best sushi!EloisePeachesDined on 12/20/2013My boyfriend and I have always wanted to try Mirai and finally got the change. The service was impeccable and the food was just exquisite. The sashimi was melt in your mouth and the rice was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu night out.Wolfie7VIPDined on 12/7/2013My dear friend and I found ourselves without plans for dinner and decided that we wanted sushi. Mirai has always been a favorite of ours and does not let down! I absolutely love the upstairs dining experience (except it's too dark to read the menu) and the food is always exquisite. Highly recommended for anyone looking to take a step up from the run of the mill sushi available on every corner, we will definitely be returning :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentbrianDined on 12/5/2013What impressed me most was the fact that the restaurant closed at 10 (unknown to me) and they stayed open while our table and another table of 4 near us were there enjoying ourselves. I felt bad for the staff because i had no idea we kept them so late but they acted like it was no big deal and they were only interested in our happiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night Sushi ReviewSydneyDined on 11/25/2013I went here for my 23rd birthday with some family and friends. There was a group of 5 of us. Service was great, the waitress we had was training someone but nothing went wrong. The food was fantastic. The table favorite was the Special Salmon so I definitely recommend that!Special Features:
- Birthday group dinnerHungryDined on 10/10/2013We had a group of 12 and pre-ordered the day prior. Great service and perfect timing with food delivery. Food was amazing and service impeccable . Job well done .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to Mirai a few timesEjwalkDined on 9/13/2013I've been to Mirai a few times now and it never disappoints! This may be one of the best sushi restaurants in the city and is certainly my favorite. We had a late dinner on a Friday evening so it was pretty quiet in the restaurant which turned out to be nice because we were able to have a quiet, low key dinner with amazing food and great service. I strongly suggest the Shrimp Togarashi and Special Salmon roll. I can't wait for my next visit to Mirai Sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not really fresh....amifjVIPDined on 9/10/2013Food was not really fresh.... desert was really bad...Special Features: