Mirage Persian Cuisine
6631 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
Mirage Persian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miragepersiancuisine.com/
- Phone: 4048438300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Persian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Mehran Mikailizadeh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large private room with 50 seat capacity. Minimum 20 persons for private room reservation.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Arjmand 4048438300x
A word from Mirage Persian Cuisine
The healthy, delicious style of Persian cooking awaits you at Mirage Persian Cuisine. Traditional tender beef, lamb, chicken, fish, and shrimp Kabobs made on open fire, served with a wide variety of Persian rice dishes. You will also find a large selection of vegetarian dishes and appetizers such as stuffed grape leaves and eggplant dip served with our wonderful homemade bread straight from the tandoor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mirage Persian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent Food and Service!!!!!WorstServiceVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food and service is always outstanding at this restaurant. Apart from the delicious food, We just loved the care and attention that Elnaz provided to our table. We will be back soon. Thank you!!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious kabobsRunner262Dined on 7/12/2014We had a group of 6 for an after movie dinner. The service was very good. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. The lamb dishes received high praise. The salmon and Cornish hen kabobs were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Best persian food in town period , authentic an good service and best pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirage is for realpbf2otrDined on 7/6/2014Form appetizers to dessert, this well-established restaurant is consistently good. Fresh, delicious food, attentive service, reasonable pricing. It's a place I feel the need to visit on a regular basis. Really nice neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian place.App4UDined on 6/29/2014First visit with family. Nice decor and hookah in outside area. Late lunch visit with almost no indoor traffic. Pleasant but disinterested wait staff. Food tasted recently warmed up. Almost no item tasted fresh. Nice Shireen polo. A bit disappointed as I had heard good things about this place. Would hesitate to return.
- Great FindAbbyVIPDined on 5/31/2014We used a scoutmob coupon and fell in love with the food at this place. We will DEFINITELY be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ATL Mediterranean RestaurantricestenDined on 5/17/2014This place is a real find. I have been to many Mediterranean restaurants in Atlanta, and this is simply the best. We have visited several times now. I wish they had a location more centrally located in Atlanta, but it is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Persian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We've been dining at this restaurant for some time. We love their Persian fare. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Our secretSavvyDinerDined on 5/11/2014We've been coming to Mirage regularly for years. While other Persian restaurants in Sandy Springs have become fashionable, Mirage remains our favorite. The food is always excellent and interesting. Service is great. And unlike some other places where the noise level is a distraction to conversation, Mirage has a nice ambiance with a low-level buzz that is easy on the ears. Look for the "Mirage special" items on the menu. The Shireen Polo rice dish is excellent, with a lamb or chicken kebab or as side dish. My pre-teen child always gets the Chicken Barg which is flavorful but not too spicy for a kid. New on this visit we enjoyed the meatball appetizers. And the Persian ice cream (rosewater, orange) was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for Mother's DaybuckheadgirlDined on 5/10/2014Appiterzers were great. Kabobs were below average. Dry, over cooked. Service was very good.
- The following 136 reviews are from the Mirage Persian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Unlikely to returnSharVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were there for a quick bite of appetizers only. Got a glass of wine, spicy lamb meatballs and the dinner special of salmon meatballs. The lamb meatballs were great. The salmon was missing in the salmon ones! We Scoutmobbed the meal and did not get the entire $20 that the max was allowed for dinner discount, only got $11. We didn't even eat more than half of the salmon. The server just made an appearance when he brought the food and refilled my water as we were paying the bill. I had to take my husband's water. We were 1 of 2 tables on a Saturday night at 10 PM.
- Dinner with friendsButtercupDined on 5/3/2014Dinner at Mirage is always a sure thing! The food is very tasty and is always consistent. The servers are very helpful and friendly. We have been eating there for years and have taken many friends for dinner. We have always had a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaibly deliciousDelilaDined on 4/26/2014We enjoy the food here very much. The Shireen Polo - rice with barberries, orange rind, raisins and spices is absolutely delicious. My husband is partial to any and all of the lamb shank dishes. We dined with friends and tried two of these delicious, tender treats. Try the kashk o'bademjoon, an out-of-this-world eggplant appetizer. Even those who are not thrilled with eggplant like this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spotKatePDined on 4/15/2014The food was great and I highly recommend the Mirage Special; it was one of the best dishes I've ordered at a restaurant. My date especially loved it because there was a lot of food per entree so he didn't leave hungry. I used a Scoutmob deal to pay, and I usually don't mind the 20% gratuity requirement, but I didn't think the server was nice enough to receive that much money. Regardless, I will definitely go back. My roommate tried some of our leftovers and loved them, so I'm sure Mirage will see me again soon!Special Features:
- I love Persian food.foodiesVIPDined on 3/30/2014I was excited about trying some restaurants close to home. The food was so bland that it was disappointing to me. For the money spent I could have eaten at a morocan place and get the same plate for a better value.
- Best Persian Food, in AtlantaWorstServiceVIPDined on 3/8/2014Excellent food and service. We are regular customers of this wonderful restaurant. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of other places to tryYummyVIPDined on 2/8/2014The beet walnut dip special was a nice change of pace from the standard Mediterranean fare and of course the hot sampler was yum. I did not care for my main course the Vegetarian Qeymeh Bademjoon . My husband had lamb and enjoyed his dish. We had to ask for our water glasses to be filled and our appetizers and main course were served almost at the same time. The waiter should have paced the order so we were not served everything at once.
- First timerDcdickey1Dined on 2/7/2014This was my first time eating at this restaurant. My friend and I found it through scoutmob and wanted to try it out. The food was amazing and the service was fabulous!! I will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything went downhill!vered4VIPDined on 1/23/2014I have been to Mirage many times. This time everything went downhill. The waitress did NOT speak English well enough to understand our requests. She didn't know the menu. We had to ask for each thing 3 times and then still didn't get what we requested. I have ordered the wraps many times and this time the quality was NOT the same...they were not good. One of us had lamb and the other veggie kabob wraps. I'm so disappointed.
- Sandy Springs SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We happened to be staying in Sandy Springs for a couple of weeks, while our house in Midtown was under construction. Being used to the restaurant scene in Midtown Atlanta (good restaurants everywhere) Mirage was an exception to the rule that the Atlanta suburbs lack good places to eat (there are obviously some more exceptions). Tucked away in a strip mall Mirage offers great and authentic Persian cuisine . The ambience might have been slightly outdated, but the food and the service made up for that! We first had a variety of appetizers (kooftah, hummus, eggplant, dolmas) and then chose the (lamb) kabobs for our main course. The food was very well prepared and tasty. The fresh mint tea (that wasn't on the menu) made our experience complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!SemisatisfiedDined on 1/11/2014I really love Mirage. It is a nice place to go for some food that is great and not in the "norm." Lots of choices even for picky eaters (like me). The kebabs are great, and the stews are wonderful! Definitely upgrade the rice for an enhanced experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well priced and the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013Well priced and the food was very good. The waiter was very helpful, and gave great suggestions. We will be back!Special Features:
- good value great serviceperfectVIPDined on 12/25/2013all w air staff are exceptional. food is very good persian style and good place on major holidays like christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backGeneDined on 12/25/2013We decided this year to do Christmas Dinner on Friday so all family members could be present. Three of us decided to dine out together on Christmas Day. We found the Mirage on Open Table and the rest is history. The ambiance was great for Christmas dining. The staff treated us great. The food was awesome. We had the Leg of Lamb, Salmon Kabob and Steak Kabob. They were all prepared wonderfully. We will definitely dine at this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice flavors, well preparedFoodFanaticDined on 12/24/2013Our party of five was seated promptly, served well and amply and given a great variety of choices. Only negative was that the chef-recommended Lamb Shank was way too heavy and quite greasy, which was a disappointment because we love lamb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodMaggieVIPDined on 12/18/2013The food is spectacular - a fabulous journey to Persia before the Mullahs...unbelievable - a true culinary delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Persian restaurantCarolVIPDined on 12/13/2013Mirage has a good selection. The servers are happy to substitute their variety of rices, which all are good. I had the lamb shish kabob and my friend had the lamb shank. Both were very flavorful. It's a great neighborhood restaurant. I've dined there a number of times. I like the fact that it is locally owned and managed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Persian FoodChattydinerDined on 11/23/2013A favorite... Definitely recommend the traditional Persian fare - especially the stews... koreshts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great service!foodieeDined on 11/22/2013I've been to Mirage several times now, and every time I've been there their food was so delicious! This is my new favorite restaurant! Their prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you get. The owner and staff always have the best service, very very friendly. Would recommend giving this place a try. Also, if you are a tea lover, they have the best tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- healthy foodLucyDined on 11/22/2013was nothing special but i can say very healthy and cleanSpecial Features:
- Great Persian food!LisaVIPDined on 11/17/2013I love Mirage! I have not had a dish there that I did not like. My favorite is the Mirage Special Chicken with Shirin Polo rice. Outstanding flavor, tender juicy bites of chicken kebabs and the rice is phenomenal! Rose water shabat is very refreshing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, hidden locationatlfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2013This restaurant is located in a strip mall right outside the perimeter of Atlanta. It was a little difficult to find. Once we walked in, we were seated immediately. It took some time to place our order, receive bread but once the food came out it was delicious! There were a lot of larger groups which may have affected the service time.Special Features:
- So-so.MikeDined on 10/12/2013I found Mirage Persian Cuisine to be somewhat lackluster. The basmati rice had ZERO flavor, in comparison to few other Persian restaurants I've dined in. The naan looked and tasted like it was made out of pizza dough, very bland. The kabobs were OK, I tried the Koubideh which was over powering in comparison to the rice, and my girlfriend had the Soltani consisting of a beef tenderloin strip with one grilled sirloin kabob. In comparison to other Persian restaurants on Roswell Rd., Mirage was a let-down.Special Features:
- always great experience at Miragedjh44Dined on 10/10/2013I've been to Mirage several times now and am never disappointed. The food is absolutely fantastic, the waiting staff and owners are very friendly and helpful, and always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Go Backmomwith2boyzDined on 8/13/2013Two of my girlfriends and I went to Mirage for lunch for the first time and really enjoyed the food, especially their eggplant appetizer which was a big surprise to me because I don't usually like eggplant. The only negative is it took way too long for our food to arrive. We arrived at 12 and were the first and only people there so we didn't understand why we had to wait for such a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian DeliteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2013We've been going here for years, and will continue to. The service is always stellar, and the food consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2013My salmon kabob was excellent and my date's meat kabob superb. Rice and vege's were plentiful. When in the mood for some healthy Persian food, I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dish was Lamb Kabob. ItSERVERVIPDined on 8/3/2013Our dish was Lamb Kabob. It was good but a little too well done. However, we look forward to going back and trying something else. They have a nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirage reviewGranDined on 7/5/2013We like going to Mirage. The food is good and usually It is not very noisy so you can carry on a conversation And be heard. My husband and I don't eat meat Yet they have something on the menu for us to eat. ISpecial Features:
- Home style Persian Cuisine!BatikwomanDined on 6/23/2013Great family run restaurant that treats each diner as if they are a member of their family! Unusual dishes that you won't find in many places made with loving care. The portions will feed two. I loved the appetizer sampler, especially the dolmaides and the carmelized onions with eggplant. I wish there was a more varied wine list. But otherwise the experience was wonderful!Special Features: