Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
32830 Tinhorn Creek Rd.
Oliver, BC V0H 1T0Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miradoro.ca/
- Phone: 2504983742x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM;
Tapas: Daily: 3:00PM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff van Geest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 5 fantastic Canadian concerts throughout the summer, please see the Tinhorn Creek website for dates and details! www.tinhorn.com
- Cross Street: Road 7
- Public Transit: no transit, but you can ride in style with OK Wine shuttle. Pickups and dropoffs in Osoyoos- at Wanlut Beach, Spirit Ridge and Watermark Resort. $10 EACH WAY! Call John for shuttle reservations - 250 408 8000 7 nights a week, starting at 6pm
- Parking: Private Lot
A word from Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
Welcome to Miradoro Restaurant - the latest addition to Tinhorn Creek Estate Winery. Enjoy fresh local market cuisine along with the spectacular view of the South Okanagan's Golden Mile Bench.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery - Best Restaurants in Oliver ›
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)great for outdoor dining (85)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (51)notable wine list (47)romantic (46)great for lunch (37)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Fabulous food.TJestadtDined on 8/22/2014This was out first visit to Oliver, BC. Miradoro was recommended by a friend for our anniversary dinner. Our meals did not disappoint. Delicious to the last bite, and reasonable pricing (we had the Wild Boar Bacon Carbonara and the Sloping Hill Pork Belly followed by the Chocolate Bundino). The views were spectacular, and the wine was paired beautifully with our meals. We will be back every time we are in the south Okanagan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful; simply putFoodieandsonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Despite the fact this was one of the few nights it rained in the Okanagan the whole time we were there on vacation, we still managed to have an amazing dinner on the patio at Miradoro with majestic views of the mountains and wineries; along with a magnificent double rainbow once the rain subsided. They have outdoor heaters for your comfort and both the food and service were excellent. I had the best Elk I have ever eaten and the chocolate dessert is a must have for chocolate lovers (whatever you do, don't share).Special Features:
- BigwhitfoodieDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had the 5 course Chefs menu. All the food was very good. The Chef came to our table to discribe one courses and ask how our meal had been to that point. Our waitress was very knowledgable about dishes and wine pairing. Our overall experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesnfoodDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful setting. Good food although small portions for a man. Service was a bit slow. Empty drinks had to catch waiters eye. Appy olives came same time main course did! Sent them back. But the setting made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineWillyDined on 8/13/2014We've dined here twice and on both occasions came away with the impression that the staff are not quite able to keep up with the pace of the restaurant (our appetizers arrived before our first glasses of wine). The wine glasses were streaky and still wet, and the glass on the deck was so dirty you could barely see out of it. It is too bad because the food and location have such potential, but the overall experience is not up to price point.
- Visit to Miradoro on August 7, 2014foodforthoughtDined on 8/6/2014Four of us dined with mixed reviews. My heirloom tomato & stonefruit panzanella was fabulous and the albóndigas was enjoyed by two in the party. The soup was described as tasting like a bowl of melted butter with some stock. For our mains two of us enjoyed the Sloping Hill Pork Belly which was a flavourful, melt in your mouth experience - 4.5 out of 5 stars. The Pizza Bascaiola and Wild Boar Bacon Carbonara each received less than stellar reviews. Most disappointing was the service we received from the gentleman serving our table. Barely visible and inattentive when found. Drinks orders were taken for two of us and then he left, leaving our other two dinner companions to order when he returned with the first two drinks!Special Features:
- food is a mishmashluvtheplacenotthefoodDined on 8/2/2014Although the atmosphere and the service is fantastic, the food is extremely disappointing in its content. A complete lack of use of local fruits and vegetables is obvious. plating a fantastic piece of elk with a drizzle of watery polenta makes no sense when u have an abundance of new potatoes, and other ground vegetables. Dropping a gorgeous piece of salmon in a watery broth with suspect tortelinni again ruins the bounty that BC and the Okanagan ha to offer. You have access to the best Canada has to offer and you ignore your local grown fare.Special Features:
- TravelChickDined on 8/2/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion. Everything was wonderful and the service spectacular ... very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very hot!inlovewithosoyoosDined on 7/31/2014This was our first experience at the restaurant and one of our rare nights out without kids and I must say the night was kind of ruined by the fact that it was extremely hot on the patio. The misters were broken and no effort were made to put up temporary fans in order to cool down the patio. We did not enjoy ourselves at all. Also our waiter never introduced himself and left for the the night without coming over and saying good night. We were left without a waiter for a while until we finally had to ask someone where our waiter was. Food was very good and the view outstanding!Special Features:
- Great view, excellent foodBuckmeisterDined on 7/31/2014The first thing you notice at Miradoro is the outstanding view of the Okanagan valley. The restaurant is perched on a hillside overlooking the valley, and has been designed to take full advantage of the view, especially from the outdoor patio. The menu shows the chef's commitment to fresh local ingredients. The food was prepared well and attractively presented. I had the morel crusted elk, which was grilled to perfection, and the recommended wine was a perfect match. The service was prompt and attentive. I would certainly consider returning to Miradoro on my next trip to Oliver.Special Features:
- 3D dining experienceBigPoppaDined on 7/30/2014Delicious, delicate, definitely Worth the evening. When your in search of the perfect dining balance of food, atmosphere, view, and service this would be the place to go. We were there for dinner during our honeymoon vacation and I'm so glad we took the time to visit. Thanks for the awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationdeblovesthewineDined on 7/29/2014It was nice to view the menu online and then do the reservation online as well. You can't beat the location and view! The food was very good and menu selection adequate. Our only complaint was the bland tossed greens that was valued far more than they were worth. Other than that everything was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I'm pregnant and therefore requested a mocktail for a drink. I was supposed to get something very tasty with fresh fruits and fruit puree. Instead, I got something plain with a splash of juice in the sparkling water. We ordered 2 apetizers followed by a pizza. It took more than an hour for the pizza to reach our table....not sure why!Special Features:
- Fabulous!MelanieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Took some friends from Calgary for their anniversary while they were visiting, and couldn't have given them a better night. We lucked into the fact that a concert was playing in the amphitheatre at the same time, so combined with the beautifully prepared and presented food, the marvellous wines and the scenic patio, dinner was a huge hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average & minimal for pricedine4wineDined on 7/26/2014We had the meatballs and meat & pickle sampler and the meatballs were bland. For the main course we ordered a pizza and it was greasy and very minimal toppings. If you were going for a garlic pizza, then that's what you should have called it. The best part of the meal was the dessert. The tiramisu was very good and the sponge toffee with chocolate pudding was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtowineDined on 7/26/2014Very friendly staff. Fabulous view. Lovely food presentation. Had roasted olives as appetizer probably best everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location poor executiondjbbDined on 7/23/2014There is a lot of hype around miradoro and so expectations were as high as the menu prices.The setting and the design of the room is excellent.However there were lots of little kids running around all evening with pizza allover the place and little adult supervision.The food is good but not spectacular.The service is enthusiastically amateur.The wait staff know little about the dishes on the menu nor the wines on the list which rather defeats the objective of a night in a high end winery restaurant.We had to ask twice for bread and when our main dishes arrived the food was placed on a table with no cutlery and we were asked if there was "anything else I can get for you?".........well yes a knife and a fork.!! Sonora room is much better.Special Features:
- My party was impressedCraigsterDined on 7/16/2014It was up to me to pick a place for lunch and the pressure was on as the other couple with my wife and I are true foodies. I hit it out of the ball park!Special Features:
- AjayDined on 7/14/2014We have been there twice in the past four weeks. The food is good and the views are stunning!Special Features:
- Beautiful and great wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Ate on the patio. Beautiful view and they keep you cool! Very relaxed atmosphere. Food has potential- had the halibut. Waaay too salty and questionable sides, but the restaurant and service and the 2011 cab franc made up for it. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nelson7OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014overcooked food, lacking in visual appeal and product freshness - nothing of the bright, summer environment. terrible waiter, no communication skills not aware of his customers
- Great view, smokey food.BogiemanVIPDined on 7/9/2014We've been here a few times, and always enjoy the experience and food. The view here simply can't be beat, it's spectacular. On our last visit I had the Tuna in a can appetizer, and the Elk with smoked faro for the main, my wife had the chef's 3 course tasting menu. I really enjoyed the tuna app, but wasn't a fan of my Elk main, most notably the smoked faro. The smokiness of the faro overpowered everything else on the plate, it was just too much. If you like the smell of a forest fire, and always wished you could eat a forest fire, then this would be a dish for you. I finished my meal with the chocolate budini, which is always awesome, love this Miradoro dessert!! My wife really enjoyed all her plates, and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014the two of us were sat under a leaky pipe that splattered me and my food in the corner of the patio. there was garbage (tape ripped from a cardboard box) at the entrance when i walked in. it was still there 10 minutes later when i went to wash my hands in the washroom. no air conditioned options for seating in 40 degrees celcius!! asked for ice water three times and was kept waiting. worst birthday ever for $200 :( nice view - except for the forest fire. only one dip for our facaccia bread so we had to share itSpecial Features:
- Excellent!GordonVIPDined on 7/7/2014We've dined at a number of Okanagan wineries over the years, but this was our first time to a Tinhorn Creek. It won't be our last!Special Features:
- Chef's special wanting...N007Dined on 7/6/2014My wife and I ordered the chef's special....it was not special. I think he was trying to do too much, or something. There were little gems, like the hand crafted pasta on the main chicken dish, but only about 8 pieces of that. The chicken...meh. The appy was pretty good, better than expected for farmed fish. The desert was an unfortunate blueberry tart. The crust...bulletproof...the blueberries...dessicated to tastelessness. It was sugary. But I expected, and paid, for more.Special Features:
- Food & Wine Pairing Needs WorkreenabobinaDined on 7/4/2014The atmosphere was great & it was a hot evening so we got a great seat with a view on the patio. But I have to say, as fancy & renowned as this place was, it was not even close to the best place we ate at during our trip. The wines were not very fantastic, for one. But more so, the recommended wine & food pairings which I went with from the menu were really not that great paired with the food. The food was okay on its own, but there was some element that didn't go very well with it. I had the Elk steak and with smoked farro. The smokey farro wasn't my cup of tea. The elk was cooked well but it was a bit much for me. The budino for dessert sounded great on the menu but just ended up being a chocolate pudding. I expected more.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014There are better places in the valley for dinner. We found it to be quite loud and the service not up to snuffSpecial Features:
- A must do if in the area...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014This was our second visit to Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery and just like the first visit, the food and service were outstanding. It's hard to beat the beautiful view of the valley and miles of vineyards, from the restaurants lovely deck. What better way to cap off a day of wine tasting, than to enjoy an exquisite dinner artfully presented in a beautiful environment. We would highly recommend checking out the Tinhorn Creek winery, and a night out at Miradora if you're visiting the Okanagan's wine country. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please surpriseOsoyoos79VIPDined on 6/28/2014Live concert, best dinner and service and dinner ever in the OK valleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First classDeaneDined on 6/20/2014Incredible food and incredible service. We literally had four servers all working for us. Stunning patio view of the entire wine region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine TourcharmarDined on 6/17/2014Great place to stop and lunch while on your wine tour. Good service, Good food, Patio overlooks the valley,Special Features:
- Try the three course tasting menudbedDined on 6/15/2014We arrived the evening of Fathers' Day fearing it would be crowded and noisy. It was not. We ordered the three course tasting menu with accompanying wines. Their tasting menu features seasonal foods. That day it featured zucchini blossoms stuffed with halibut and new potatoes , duck with young vegetables, followed by a little new rhubarb in the dessert. All were excellent. And the wine pairings were exceptional. Excellent service was also paired with a very pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!VancouverFoodieDined on 6/14/2014We dined here last year and loved it so much that we brought 2 other couples with us this year (from Vancouver) and we all left there saying "wow!". We ate at 2 other wineries in the area this year, but Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek was a hands-down favorite (as it was last year, too). Both the food and service were fantastic!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationswinesnvinesorbustDined on 6/2/2014Our group of four was in the Okanagan for a three day wine tour. We had not previously been to this restaurant and so put it on the list. The restaurant is large and modern with lots of windows to showcase the views. Everything we ordered was superb. The thin crust pizzas are outstanding and made a great appetizer for sharing. Everyone in our group ordered a different main course, from halibut to pasta and we all savoured every mouthful. The presentation, quality of ingredients and eating experience in this restaurant will have us coming back.Special Features:
- Simply the best in the valley.BillVIPDined on 5/28/2014We had one of the best dinners we have had in the last few years. This is a place for those that are looking for some of the best food and wine in the valley. The chef uses local produce and is very creative. A must for foodies. The view from the restaurant is the best in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking a problem...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Food and service at the restaurant were great. However, parking was a problem. To Miradoro - In the future, please reserve parking spots for your patrons if there is a conflicting event at the winery. Or at least, advise your patrons of the other event and give them the option to choose another evening (a quieter one) to come for dinner. We had done the Half Corked that day (18km), were dressed up for dinner (heels and sundresses) so did not appreciate parking down the hill and then walking up.Special Features:
- RetiredDined on 5/24/2014The restraunt is situated in a very appealing setting with beautiful views. The servers very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very appealing. I found some of the food pricey for what you receive. A place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchBHAMSTERSVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a nice lunch on the patio overlooking the winery.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014With its breathtaking view, great food and exceptional service this is definitely a place I would dine at again, our experience was made that much better when the owner offered us an exceptional bottle of wine from his private collection to enjoy with our meal. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Miradoro !SnoraDined on 5/21/2014This is the second time we had visited the Miradoro from the UK. the view is awesome and the food is delicious. we will be back next time we are in the OkanaganSpecial Features: