Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
32830 Tinhorn Creek Rd.
Oliver, BC V0H 1T0Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miradoro.ca/
- Phone: 2504983742x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM;
Tapas: Daily: 3:00PM - 5:00 PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff van Geest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 5 fantastic Canadian concerts throughout the summer, please see the Tinhorn Creek website for dates and details! www.tinhorn.com
- Cross Street: Road 7
- Public Transit: no transit, but you can ride in style with OK Wine shuttle. Pickups and dropoffs in Osoyoos- at Wanlut Beach, Spirit Ridge and Watermark Resort. $10 EACH WAY! Call John for shuttle reservations - 250 408 8000 7 nights a week, starting at 6pm
- Parking: Private Lot
A word from Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery
Welcome to Miradoro Restaurant - the latest addition to Tinhorn Creek Estate Winery. Enjoy fresh local market cuisine along with the spectacular view of the South Okanagan's Golden Mile Bench.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery - Best Restaurants in Oliver ›
Miradoro at Tinhorn Creek Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)great for outdoor dining (96)fit for foodies (61)special occasion (59)romantic (52)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (37)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant has a great patio and the food and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for simple foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed the views but that is the only good thing to say... The menu prices are way too high, which would be OK if the food and portion served would reflect the price asked on the menu. You cannot ask high end restaurant prices when you serve simple food served at room temperature. Our food was cold and We even had to send a plate back as it just tasted awful. We are locals but wouldn't recommend your restaurant to our visitors. We heard mixed reviews of your restaurant and wanted to check it our for ourselves with no luck.Special Features:
- Back again!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We dine at Miradoro every time we arrive in Oliver , both my husband and I have brought our friends and family for lunch and diner, and all times it's been a great dining experience. The pizzas are fantastic, the pasta aldentae always, the view is beautiful and yes the wine never falls short of amazing. If you are looking for a non pretentious wine country dining experience that is top quality, I would recommend MiradoroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful location!SunnyDined on 10/5/2014Loved the setting and the view. The wine was lovely and we enjoyed the variety of items on the menu, offering favourites and new tastings. Our server was very knowledgeable and helped us with some decisions. We really enjoyed the evening under the moon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Visit YetOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/1/2014Been 3 times and this was best trip yet. Food was excellent, inventive, tasty, elegant but not tiny. Overall very good. 4.5 stars. Could have used slightly more seasoning. Room is very nice, the view is great, except at night it's dark, so not really a plus or minus. Room however was incredibly hot and both of us found chairs quite uncomfortable. Service was friendly, knowledgeable and relaxing. They seemed busier then expected which made for somewhat absent service at times, but not the servers fault, that lies with the restaurant. Overall a very good experience, be expected to pay $100+ per person. That being said, we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAKdinerDined on 9/28/2014Excellent food, service, and view. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of effort.lalalaDined on 9/27/2014We were excited to try the food because we heard many great things about the menu and the chef. With a beautiful view, good wine and company - we were happy. Starters - we had the Quail, Heirloom Salad and the Green Salad = wonderful. My friend and I had the Pork Belly - amazing! but my partner Wild Boar Carbonara was disappointing because the spaghetti was way under cook and he had it sent back. My partner had decided to change his order to the Pork Belly instead of the pasta again because he didn't want to deal with the same problem. With no apology from the server/manager and no effort to offer him something while he was waiting for his meal when my friend and I were eating --- had made the overall experience at Miradoro: C-Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was very slow other tables came in after our group and got there-food before us and left before we got our food. When we asked it was said that we had appy's that's why. We had one salad one soup and mussels which came out very quickly. The rest of our food was slow coming. We ordered the special pizza not so good very bland and had very little flavour, was like eating plain flat bread. One of our party had a gluten free pizza had a very thick crust and heavy. We were at the restaurant 2 hrs to long for lunch.Special Features:
- Great view for a wonderful dinnerLermyDined on 9/26/2014One of our favorite places to go to spoil ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must visit when in the OkanaganDinner42Dined on 9/24/2014The view, the food, the staff, everything was 110% a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found this one!FoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We booked this early for lunch and I am glad we did as it was busy. The winery itself has a fabulous view and the staff doing the tastings were wonderful. We wandered over to the restaurant, and were seated at the best outdoor table, looking over the vineyards and valley. Other than a couple of glitches - dinner menus vs. lunch and the bread that didn't come prior to lunch - we had a great meal. The grilled cheese with the compote was so good - very elevated in texture and taste. My friend had the homemade meatball sandwich which was served open faced and looked awesome. A small bite of the meatball almost had me wishing I had ordered that instead. Dessert menu sounded great but we had no room. Will remember that for next time. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS USUAL - EXCELLENTStavDined on 9/18/2014Always great service and love the food. AAHHH carbonara !Special Features:
- Always a TreattjspbookVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a must when staying in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent views and mealRoiJosiahDined on 9/13/2014Amazing views of surrounding mountains plus amazing food. Enjoyed every bit of the meal and dessert. Good wine pairings as well. I am not normally a foodie-type and just stumbled upon this place, but was totally impressed but the hill-top fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 9/10/2014I have been to Mirador before but this year's visit was the best yet. I had the olive oil poached sockeye salmon – olive caviar, sweet pea tortellini, mushroom brodo, chanterelle mushrooms; this was one of the most exquisite dishes I have eaten and that says a lot since I live on the BC coast and salmon is served everywhere here. The mushroom brodo was so tasty, the salmon was perfectly cooked and the sweet pea tortellini were minty and wonderful. The wine at Tinhorn Creek makes every dish better. I can't wait for my next trip to BC's wine country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitTravel4DineDined on 9/6/2014This was our second visit. Unlike our first visit this night was busy because of a Colin James concert on the property. Both times we ate here, the food was good, the service was lacking. Service isn't bad it's just not as polished as expected with this quality of restaurant. Upon arriving, we approached the host desk, the gentleman we think is the manager, showed almost no interest in our being there, barely acknowledging us before asking a hostess to seat us. We were seated at a great patio table, gorgeous views. The service from that point was disjoint. 1 example, ordered white wine to start, when it was empty, no one asked if we wanted more. Half way done main course and no wine on the table.Special Features:
- UnappetizingSnowmadd4Dined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent! The view was spectacular. The food was revolting. Not appealing at all. Will not eat here or recommend to anyone. Ever. Disappointing to say the least.Special Features:
- Awesome Grilled CheeseYEGfoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Miradoro makes for an excellent stop on a wine touring day. Beautiful views off of the patio and attentive servers. I always seem to gravitate towards the grilled cheese and have not been disappointed yet. My hubby is kind enough to give me tastes of other menu items - all good so far!Special Features:
- MarioDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful place and the food and Wine was so amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food.TJestadtDined on 8/22/2014This was out first visit to Oliver, BC. Miradoro was recommended by a friend for our anniversary dinner. Our meals did not disappoint. Delicious to the last bite, and reasonable pricing (we had the Wild Boar Bacon Carbonara and the Sloping Hill Pork Belly followed by the Chocolate Bundino). The views were spectacular, and the wine was paired beautifully with our meals. We will be back every time we are in the south Okanagan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful; simply putFoodieandsonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Despite the fact this was one of the few nights it rained in the Okanagan the whole time we were there on vacation, we still managed to have an amazing dinner on the patio at Miradoro with majestic views of the mountains and wineries; along with a magnificent double rainbow once the rain subsided. They have outdoor heaters for your comfort and both the food and service were excellent. I had the best Elk I have ever eaten and the chocolate dessert is a must have for chocolate lovers (whatever you do, don't share).Special Features:
- BigwhitfoodieDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had the 5 course Chefs menu. All the food was very good. The Chef came to our table to discribe one courses and ask how our meal had been to that point. Our waitress was very knowledgable about dishes and wine pairing. Our overall experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesnfoodDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful setting. Good food although small portions for a man. Service was a bit slow. Empty drinks had to catch waiters eye. Appy olives came same time main course did! Sent them back. But the setting made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineWillyDined on 8/13/2014We've dined here twice and on both occasions came away with the impression that the staff are not quite able to keep up with the pace of the restaurant (our appetizers arrived before our first glasses of wine). The wine glasses were streaky and still wet, and the glass on the deck was so dirty you could barely see out of it. It is too bad because the food and location have such potential, but the overall experience is not up to price point.
- Visit to Miradoro on August 7, 2014foodforthoughtDined on 8/6/2014Four of us dined with mixed reviews. My heirloom tomato & stonefruit panzanella was fabulous and the albóndigas was enjoyed by two in the party. The soup was described as tasting like a bowl of melted butter with some stock. For our mains two of us enjoyed the Sloping Hill Pork Belly which was a flavourful, melt in your mouth experience - 4.5 out of 5 stars. The Pizza Bascaiola and Wild Boar Bacon Carbonara each received less than stellar reviews. Most disappointing was the service we received from the gentleman serving our table. Barely visible and inattentive when found. Drinks orders were taken for two of us and then he left, leaving our other two dinner companions to order when he returned with the first two drinks!Special Features:
- food is a mishmashluvtheplacenotthefoodDined on 8/2/2014Although the atmosphere and the service is fantastic, the food is extremely disappointing in its content. A complete lack of use of local fruits and vegetables is obvious. plating a fantastic piece of elk with a drizzle of watery polenta makes no sense when u have an abundance of new potatoes, and other ground vegetables. Dropping a gorgeous piece of salmon in a watery broth with suspect tortelinni again ruins the bounty that BC and the Okanagan ha to offer. You have access to the best Canada has to offer and you ignore your local grown fare.Special Features:
- TravelChickDined on 8/2/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion. Everything was wonderful and the service spectacular ... very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very hot!inlovewithosoyoosDined on 7/31/2014This was our first experience at the restaurant and one of our rare nights out without kids and I must say the night was kind of ruined by the fact that it was extremely hot on the patio. The misters were broken and no effort were made to put up temporary fans in order to cool down the patio. We did not enjoy ourselves at all. Also our waiter never introduced himself and left for the the night without coming over and saying good night. We were left without a waiter for a while until we finally had to ask someone where our waiter was. Food was very good and the view outstanding!Special Features:
- Great view, excellent foodBuckmeisterDined on 7/31/2014The first thing you notice at Miradoro is the outstanding view of the Okanagan valley. The restaurant is perched on a hillside overlooking the valley, and has been designed to take full advantage of the view, especially from the outdoor patio. The menu shows the chef's commitment to fresh local ingredients. The food was prepared well and attractively presented. I had the morel crusted elk, which was grilled to perfection, and the recommended wine was a perfect match. The service was prompt and attentive. I would certainly consider returning to Miradoro on my next trip to Oliver.Special Features:
- 3D dining experienceBigPoppaDined on 7/30/2014Delicious, delicate, definitely Worth the evening. When your in search of the perfect dining balance of food, atmosphere, view, and service this would be the place to go. We were there for dinner during our honeymoon vacation and I'm so glad we took the time to visit. Thanks for the awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationdeblovesthewineDined on 7/29/2014It was nice to view the menu online and then do the reservation online as well. You can't beat the location and view! The food was very good and menu selection adequate. Our only complaint was the bland tossed greens that was valued far more than they were worth. Other than that everything was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I'm pregnant and therefore requested a mocktail for a drink. I was supposed to get something very tasty with fresh fruits and fruit puree. Instead, I got something plain with a splash of juice in the sparkling water. We ordered 2 apetizers followed by a pizza. It took more than an hour for the pizza to reach our table....not sure why!Special Features:
- Fabulous!MelanieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Took some friends from Calgary for their anniversary while they were visiting, and couldn't have given them a better night. We lucked into the fact that a concert was playing in the amphitheatre at the same time, so combined with the beautifully prepared and presented food, the marvellous wines and the scenic patio, dinner was a huge hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average & minimal for pricedine4wineDined on 7/26/2014We had the meatballs and meat & pickle sampler and the meatballs were bland. For the main course we ordered a pizza and it was greasy and very minimal toppings. If you were going for a garlic pizza, then that's what you should have called it. The best part of the meal was the dessert. The tiramisu was very good and the sponge toffee with chocolate pudding was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtowineDined on 7/26/2014Very friendly staff. Fabulous view. Lovely food presentation. Had roasted olives as appetizer probably best everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location poor executiondjbbDined on 7/23/2014There is a lot of hype around miradoro and so expectations were as high as the menu prices.The setting and the design of the room is excellent.However there were lots of little kids running around all evening with pizza allover the place and little adult supervision.The food is good but not spectacular.The service is enthusiastically amateur.The wait staff know little about the dishes on the menu nor the wines on the list which rather defeats the objective of a night in a high end winery restaurant.We had to ask twice for bread and when our main dishes arrived the food was placed on a table with no cutlery and we were asked if there was "anything else I can get for you?".........well yes a knife and a fork.!! Sonora room is much better.Special Features:
- My party was impressedCraigsterDined on 7/16/2014It was up to me to pick a place for lunch and the pressure was on as the other couple with my wife and I are true foodies. I hit it out of the ball park!Special Features:
- AjayDined on 7/14/2014We have been there twice in the past four weeks. The food is good and the views are stunning!Special Features:
- Beautiful and great wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Ate on the patio. Beautiful view and they keep you cool! Very relaxed atmosphere. Food has potential- had the halibut. Waaay too salty and questionable sides, but the restaurant and service and the 2011 cab franc made up for it. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nelson7OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014overcooked food, lacking in visual appeal and product freshness - nothing of the bright, summer environment. terrible waiter, no communication skills not aware of his customers