The Three Village Inn
150 Main Street
Stony Brook, NY 11790Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://threevillageinn.com/
- Phone: 6317510555x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - to closing, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - to closing, Sunday: 4:00pm - to closing; Bar Menu: 2:30pm - 5:00pm everyday; Night Bar Menu: 9:30 to closing Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Guy Reuge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off premise catering available for home, office, or other location.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private reception and dining rooms can help you celebrate your own special occasion.
- Entertainment: Live music is offered on Weekends. Call 631-751-0555 for schedule.
- Special Events: Beer and wine dinners offered.
A word from Mirabelle Tavern
Mirabelle Tavern is the epitome of coziness, with its casual atmosphere and combination of American comfort food and French bistro classics.Chef Reuge brings to the table the freshest and best local ingredients with emphasis on value. Long Island wines as well as other American vineyards are featured on a well chosen wine list. Fireplaces enhance the warmth of the Tavern and outside dining on our patio is available in warmer weather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mirabelle Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (38)special occasion (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very Good3MusketeersDined on 8/24/2014Food is excellent, and it can be a value because some of the small plates are quite satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestAramVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is one of the best restaurants on Long Island in my opinion. The Kobe Beef Sliders and the Mirabelle Duck are out of this world. We did have a family sit right behind us with the entire arcade in their hand which was the first time I had seen such a thing in the past but otherwise the experience was great.Special Features:
- Mirabelle reviewMac4208Dined on 8/10/2014Best meal I ever had at mirabelle. Best dining experience had in many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Always a wonderful pick for great food no matter the season. Staff worked well together.Special Features:
- Terrific Local Fish DishGGDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014The local striped bass was excellent and was sitting atop well prepared veggies. The waitress was friendly and charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDMOMANDDAUGHTERKDined on 7/16/2014AS AN ORIGINAL MIRABELLE CUSTOMER, WE WERE DISAPPOINTED. NO WHERE NEAR ITS PAST GLORY. FOR THOSE DINING HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE EXPERIENCE WOULD BE FINE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining. Room too loudMericVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food always..had fish and chips which were done to perfection..great potato chips included as well. ..out other dish was Kobe sliders..amazing.ginger almond tart which we insist on having anytime we are in Mirabells tasted a bit too sweet for the forts time in 20 years..was someone new maki g it this night? Liked the older recipe best. Only objection...the tavern area was a bit noisy for dinner for two..but easily overlooked as food is such a treat here..nothing else comes near this placeSpecial Features:
- Very Good but understaffedfoodies2VIPDined on 6/26/2014We have dined at Mirabelle Tavern many times. In general, the food is very good, sometimes outstanding. The servers are generally very friendly, helpful, and competent. However, one major problem at this restaurant is that the number of servers is not sufficient to handle a busy night satisfactorily. On one recent busy evening, diners all around us were complaining about the time waiting to get their order taken, to get a drink, to get their food, and to get their check. One couple even got up and left without ordering because they became frustrated waiting for a server to come to their table. Management should attend to this problem soon and bring in more servers if they want to maintain their good ratings.Special Features:
- Exceptional CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014A fantastic mix of delicious French cuisine and standard American fare. My wife loved the foie gras and lamb chops; while enjoyed the grilled octopus and fish and chips. Very friendly and courteous staff. Overall an excellent experience. This place is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch at Mirabelle TavernborntoeatDined on 6/8/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for brunch today at 1PM. The brunch was a disappointment. There were no "two roasts carved to order". There were no "homemade baked muffins". The buffet assortment was picked clean and for $31.95 a person that is not a good thing. The omelette station was manned by a college student; not a chef. This is the second time we have eaten in the tavern; the last being an early dinner with friends. Both times we have walked away unhappy. You need to provide a service that The Three Village Inn has been known for or your old customers will not be returning. You should make it a point to visit The Fifth Seasons in Port Jefferson. They know how to do brunch!!Special Features:
- Odd timesBethzVIPDined on 6/1/2014The location is perfect. For some reason, the restaurant accepted my 9:45am reservation. When we got there. The waitress greeted me with "I guess I won't kick you out." They offered a limited buffet breakfast until 10, and then began brunch at 11am. We drank coffee in tiny cups for an hour and then had the brunch - but it was a very odd experience.
- Great Spot to Gather with FriendsMeAgainVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were a a party of four and we all chose the three course prix fixe menu. Three had the chilled zucchini and pepper soup and one had the mixed green salad to start. The soup was very tasty and not something we would normally have. The halibut main course was excellent and the prime rib was prepared rare as requested. Both entrees were top quality. Unfortunately, we were so full that we could only make room for the trio of sorbets as dessert. I would recommend Mirabelle Tavern to groups of friends. It is not a quiet restaurant for romantic conversation.Special Features:
- Farm to Table DinnerMrhistoryVIPDined on 5/21/2014Farm to Table special. Wine down Wednesday- Nice goat cheese salad could use more ingredients. Steak was excellent. Desert -lemon cheesecake very small sample. Creme Brielle was served cold- top a bit burned. Overall nice dinner for the price. Live music.Special Features:
- Kobe beef slidersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014Kobe beef sliders were awesome. Lamb chops were good. Adam our waiter was very knowledgable and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order confusiondoroDined on 5/12/2014Brought out the wrong order and said oh it had been changed by the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Mid-Week OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014It is worthwhile visiting Mirabelle Tavern midweek for the prix fixe menu. It's not as crowded as on weekends, so the usually marginal service is much better. The food shows some imagination and excellent preparation, and is a terrific value at $31 for a three course dinner. The room feels a bit dated in style, but is consistent with the historical background of the Three Village Inn, of which it is a part. The organization of the room is particularly good in that the bar crowd noise does not overwhelm the conversation of the diners. Overall, it is a very good mid-week dining option.
- Great local secretpennylaneDined on 5/8/2014Wanted something local (Stony Brook). What a warm charming place. Ate in tavern area and glad we did. So cozy. I had lamb chops...3 big ones...cooked just as I wanted and sides delicious. My sister had duck. She loved it. Our waiter..Adam..was the best. So friendly..very informative...and when he overheard me wishing my sister a happy birthday he surprised us with a complimentary 3 scoop sherbert with a lit candle for dessert. The flavors were so refreshing and wonderful. Would definitely go back and highly recommend. Ask for Adam as your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEBERT1290Dined on 5/3/2014WHATEVER YOU LOOK FOR ON A NIGHT OUT ITS HERE. GREAT FOOD, ATTENTIVE SERVICE, BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION. LOVELY SETTING. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MenuNamaste1974Dined on 5/3/2014Great Restaurant Week Menu! :-) Very nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 312 reviews are from the Mirabelle Tavern reviews archive.
- ShorehamFamilyShorehamFamilyDined on 4/27/2014An enjoyable experience for everyone in our family.Special Features:
- Busy nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/17/2014The tavern seemed busy for a week day night and this May have put them off their usual high quality game. Food came out before drinks. Service was slow and chicken over cooked. Staff made an effort to respond never the less. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Delicious!LunchDined on 4/16/2014Our meal was absolutely out of this world. We will go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front desk folks were wonderful.TeachnyDined on 4/9/2014Portions were very small. I would have rather paid more for an average portion. Bartender, Eric, was great! I'll return for the bar and music. But I'll eat before I go.
- live music was way too loud,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014live music was way too loud, thankfully we were sat in the far back! Fish and chips were tasteless Green salad w goats cheese was a little "lacking"Special Features:
- Service and food are goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Service and food are good - great beer list. Too loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the place. live musicLiddieDined on 3/22/2014loved the place. live music was a treat and the whole place had a great feel to it. Stony Brook is a special place to be!! very warm ambience in the restaurant and the food was delicious! cant wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Delicious French FoodCorinneDined on 3/16/2014Authentic French food, great atmosphere. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expanded MenuGGDinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Glad to see Mirabelle Tavern has expanded its menu to offer many more options.Special Features:
- Could be greatuk2usaDined on 3/8/2014It's a great location which is under exploited, it's really no more than a pub with a small menu
- Kitchen issuesVIP2VIPDined on 3/8/2014The table next to us was seated after we placed our order, but was served before we even got our salads. Server was very nice and luckily we were not in a hurry. What is usually under 2 hours for dinner, took almost 3 hours. We filled up on bread while waiting and had to save the rest of the wine to accompany our main course. The food was very nice once it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb cuisinevetlipsVIPDined on 3/1/2014We are always pleased with the unique and wonderful preparation by Guy Rouge. Outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, casual eleganceKleejoyDined on 2/28/2014Dark,fireplace-liit pub atmosphere coupled with exceptional food that ranges from the traditional to the sublime. The menu leans towards small-plate eating but there are still plenty of main dish selections for those who don't like to share. A large wine selection as well as some interesting beers on tap. Of course, a full bar. Pleasant, non-fussy, casual, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Colonial EnclaveDJillieVIPDined on 2/16/2014The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. The food is very good. We come here often when we're in town visiting from the West coast. It's a favorite among the locals, for special occasions.Special Features:
- right restaurant, wrong nightLisaDined on 2/15/2014I had been looking forward to reading at Mirabelle for a while. The food was quite good however I was slightly disappointed by the fact that there was a Valentine's day menu. You were only able to order off that menu and it was a decent range but nothing that I was very excited about. Also, the appetizers were heavy in fish and I'm not a fish person. The regular menu is slightly more varied and interesting to me. They also had a singer and it was a bit loud for a Valentine's dinner.Special Features:
- Another memorable mealZoeOBDined on 2/15/2014I am not much for red meat but something made me order the filet. Incredible and perfectly cooked. My husband's prime rib was also delicious. Pot de creme was a wonderful surprise. Our waiter was attentive and non-intrusive. Overall, another wonderful and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always the bestfoodieDined on 2/8/2014Mirabelle tavern is absolutely the best restaurant in the area. It is consistently great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Long Island Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Everything was delicious, a little on the pricey side but definitely worth it! The staff was super friendly, the view outside was really nice despite the cold and the snow, and the atmosphere is very cozy and inviting. It's great for a romantic date night! A place that seems to represent Long Island well with the historic hotel and good seafood :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warder22Wardsr22Dined on 2/1/2014Food was decent- drinks are pricey. Menu was a little limiting, but decent small plates. Waited too long to be seated for having a reservation and a late seating. Also rushed at end by wait staff the wanted to clean the table so they could "go home"Special Features:
- MIrabelle/Mirabelle TavernJChristoDined on 1/24/2014Always a great spot for either a fancy dinner party or a great night out with friends in the tavern section. Food is great, great beer and wine selection. And live music in the bar. i will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMaggiemaeDined on 1/24/2014The food at Mirabelle was amazing!! The best I have had in along time! I can't wait to return for my next meal!! If you appreciate food then I suggest Mirabelle is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.