409 First St.
Solvang, CA 93463Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirabelleinn.com/solvang-restaurant.htm
- Phone: 8056881703
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Norbert Schulz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Mirabelle Restaurant
Mirabelle Restaurant features exquisite wine country cuisine. It's elegant ambiance is the perfect setting for couples, small groups, an intimate private event, birthday or wedding dinners, business meetings, and wine tastings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mirabelle Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Solvang ›
Mirabelle Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (32)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great findBellaDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and it was exactly what I was looking for. Local restaurant, romantic ambience, great food and good service. My only complaint, they sat us in the middle of the room next to the door that leads into the kitchen. There was a lot of traffic coming in and out of the kitchen, naturally. It was a bit distracting every time the door opened a flood of bright kitchen light brightened up our table and I could see the cooks/chef working away. Otherwise, everything else was very nice. Next time I'll request a table against a wall, away from the kitchen door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service/ poor food designIamoveritDined on 9/13/2014Halibut dish- dry (so sauce, no lemon, no flavor) and small portioned. No sauce or accompaniment worth talking about. Rice was cold, sticky and tasteless - no seasoning whatsoever. All for $30/plate. Duck breast- very tender, great sauce reduction, perfectly cooked. Accompaniment- nothing to write home about...a little spinach under the duck slices (was ok), two rice fritters which were like thick pancakes, greasy and tasteless. I had to ask waiter what they were made of since I could not distinguish a taste other than oil. $32/plate. Wait staff - nice, courteous, pleasant, knowledgable and generous. Tried to make up for poor quality of food prep by comping dessert and a dessert wine. Very nice and much appreciated.
- Great food, wine, serviceZyggyDined on 9/13/2014Went to Mirabelle with another couple for dinner. Ordered a great pinot on the recommendation of the waiter. After appetizers (all great), we ordered the duck, the salmon and another bottle of pinot..... all were outstanding. This is the third time we have gone to the Mirabelle for dinner. Each time we had a great experience. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantSljonzDined on 9/6/2014It was our anniversary so it was perfect! The food was incredible the wines were fabulous. Service was excellent. It was quaint and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyJChowDined on 8/30/2014Heard about their Taste Menu so asked waiter whether I could share it w/ my hb since we wanted to try these four courses but two orders would be too much. The friendly waiter told us the portion of each course on taste menu was small but they still let us share. It was good. Each dish was pretty and tasty. After taste menu, we ordered Duck Breast to share. It was also good but next time I may ask for medium instead of medium rare since it's the first time been asked how would like the duck being cooked and duck meat is different than steak. Thus we tried all the dishes that we liked on the menu. They split the lamb and duck without charging me split fee. Very cozy little restaurant with friendly professional service. Like it.Special Features:
- Love good food!LovegoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. We all had the tasting menu and it was fantastic. The dining room is quaint and comfortable just off the hotel lobby. The meal was pricey, but for the most part worth it. While the wait staff was polite and attentive they could have done a better job of engaging us. I know I am being particular, but at these prices I expect a wonderful experience. I would return and like to try something off the menu, but it would be for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gem in SolvangSRHwinefolkDined on 8/24/2014Mirabelle is a small, white tablecloth restaurant (2 rooms, and patio) in a B&B. Price fixe menu of 4 courses (w/wo wine) changes weekly, and is outstanding. Regular menu is small, leans to seafood, with duck and a beef dish included (plus one vegetarian dish). Creative ideas (edible "sand" came with the small lobster tail). Servers Richard and Matt very attentive, knowledgeable. Wine list small, leans heavily California - mainly Central Coast, good cross section of varietals and pricing. Special occasion place that we love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticcblueDined on 8/23/2014We came here on our anniversary and sat on the patio. It was beautiful! The service was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:
- A few surpriseslewgenVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our latest meal here was not up to the usual Mirabelle standard. The food was good, but not outstanding as it usual is. The salad was over dressed, portion size had diminished (soup was ½ a bowl) Risotto was bland and the desserts were tiny. The service was not attentive. We asked for a refill of our water twice and never received it (very unusual for them). They were also out of a lot of things, which seemed odd for early on a Sat. evening. I would still recommend trying it as I assume this was an aberration, rather than a trend.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantlovegreatfoodDined on 8/22/2014This place was recommended by the concierge at the Marriott hotel. He made a good choice. We have been going to Solvang for many years, but never found a great restaurant for a special occasion. Very nice quiet place. Very pricey, but very delicious. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirabelle RestaurantBruceSVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were staying at the hotel and had heard that the restaurant was incredible. This was one of the best dinners that we have ever had. To start off we split a warm spinach salad with seared scallops. Perfect. I had venison with a green peppercorn sauce that was not gamey at all and very tender. My wife had halibut with a shrimp side. Again excellent. To top off a perfect dinner, we had a peach cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream. A wonderful dinner with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favoritetravel2dineVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a great meal at Mirabelle Inn on our last night in Santa Barbara/Solvang. We ate at several highly rated restaurants but this was our favorite. We bought two bottles of wine, a Chardonnay and a Pinot Noir...no Chardonnay by the glass or half bottle and the Pinot was from a winery we had just learned about (Clos Pepe) and wanted to try. Interesting, we bought the Chard at the winery for the same price as on the wine list at Mirabelle. WE were in Santa Barbara to buy wine so this restaurant fit our visit goals perfectly. Incidentally, we found great food choices to go with the wines we selected. My wife had the Chef's tasting menu and all choices were brilliant. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Perfect Get AwaySteveKDined on 8/16/2014We went here for dinner last Saturday and the food and service were both fantastic. We both had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. I think mine lasted about 3 seconds before I vacuumed it up! Our waiter was very good also - when he we informed him that my wife was allergic to seafood he replaced the crab cake type starter with another delightful morsel. We sat outside on a beautiful evening and listened to the quiet music. It's just around the corner from the theater but you are basically right on the border of the residential part of Solvang so it is very quiet.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedThomVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was great, service was very good, outdoor table in a quiet neighborhood on a lovely night - what could be wrong with this picture? We ordered the Chef's Special Wine Pairing dinner. For the first course, they were out of the wine that was listed in the pairing so they substituted the same varietal from a different label - it was good too. For the second course, they were out of the halibut and substituted a diver scallop to serve with Chardonnay. This was also good, but the pairing was not perfect. Course three - they were out of the Grenache and substituted an inadequate Cab. We sent it back - then they "found" one last bottle of the listed wine. Last course went without a hitch, but the whole experience was not what we expected.Special Features:
- Great reputation but an off night.HermosaPatDined on 8/7/2014With a rep as #1 restaurant in Solvang, romantic dining room & great food, we expected a great meal. It was disappointing. We were seated in a small, poorly lit, minimally decorated room with 3 tables. I asked & was told the dining room was not available though I saw a table paying as we waited for our 8:00 reservation. The servers were inexperienced or not trained. The empty glasses from our first drink stayed on the table throughout the meal, and our empty salad plates sat there until the entrees were served. The wine list - in Pinot Noir wine country!offered few wines and no Pinot Noir! Our wines were served in small cheap glasses. The scallop entree was delicious and filet good, but no steak knife and no server in sight to ask.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014The ambience was charming, the service impeccable and the food was everything I'd hoped for and more! I will pDefinitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surfcityboyDined on 8/1/2014Five Star in every way! Well worth the splurge for the 3 course daily special dinner with wine pairing. My wife in I will dine here every time we come up from Huntington Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived Up to Other Ratings29yearsandcountingDined on 7/19/2014Based on Yelp ratings, we selected this restaurant for a special anniversary trip and dinner. Our experience was as exceptional as I was hoping. I have a food allergy which they were able to accommodate. The wait staff were attentive. Food presentation is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestSmokedogVIPDined on 7/13/2014I eat here everytime I travel to Solvang. The chefs tasting menu is excellent and never disappoints. It's quiet and small but I believe the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014I picked this place based on the reviews I had read. I was not disappointed. I wanted a really nice place as a surprise for my husband. We both LOVED it! We both had the tasting menu with the wine paring. I do not eat red meat, so they happily substituted scallops for the lamb that was on the tasting menu. Everything was excellent. The food was innovative and delicious. The wine pared perfectly with the food. We have recommended this place to our son who is a chef.Special Features:
- Awesome foodTonymartzDined on 7/12/2014The best dinning experience we have had in years. Food and drinks were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and chamingJRSJAGDined on 7/10/2014A lovely little bed and breakfast with a 5 star restaurant. Feels like you are in a cozy French innSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Mirabelle Restaurant reviews archive.