Mirabelle Restaurant at the Three Village Inn
150 Main Street
Stony Brook, NY 11790Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Mirabelle Restaurant at the Three Village Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://threevillageinn.com/
- Phone: 6317510555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner in Mirabelle front dining room: Thursday thru Sunday
Friday and Saturday: 5pm-10pm
Dinner in our Tavern Room: Everyday
Friday and Saturday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Guy Reuge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for all manner of events, small dinners to weddings.
- Private Party Facilities: Dining room is available for private dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Reuge 631-751-0555x
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Special Event Dinners, Tastings
A word from Mirabelle Restaurant at the Three Village Inn
Mirabelle Restaurant and Tavern are now offering Chef Guy Reuge's outstanding cuisine in both our Mirabelle front dining room as well as our Tavern. Chef Guy's Farm to Table menu is our prix fixe, and our classics such as our Duck Mirabelle and the Aged Grass-Fed Steak are available on our a la carte menu. Our prix fixe serves up Chef Guy's vegetarian selection as well. The Mirabelle Nine Course Grand Tasting is offered with advance notice for parties of 8-20 people. Our menu showcases superb selections from a wide range of local and artisan sources.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mirabelle Restaurant at the Three Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014The idea of a seasonal menu was well conceived and executed. Everything was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but...XraydrumrDined on 9/20/2014The Prime Rib & Eggplant dishes couldn't have been better, however the wait staff disappeared multiple times for long stretches, putting a damper on the evening.Special Features:
- charmingSirPoochalaDined on 9/20/2014First time in Stony Brook. Very pleased with the dining experience. Great location, excellent food and will definitely return.Special Features:
- pidocchioDined on 9/6/2014Friends had eaten at the restaurant and we wanted to try it. The food was good as expected and so was the service. We went thee to celebrate a birthday and enjoyed the experience. We certainly recommend the restaurant to our friends and will return.Special Features:
- Not as special as it once was.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/19/2014Recently dined on a Saturday night for 4 persons. Food was above average but not spectacular as it has been in the past. The menu seems somewhat dumbed down and not as special. When I got home I was notified that my reservation was canceled - after I had already eaten there. I contacted OpenTable and it took 3 weeks and me sending a copy of the receipt to get the issue resolved. Why would a restaurant use OpenTable if they don't want to honor the reservation points system?
- Sad changes,,still amazing kitchen.MericVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been following Guy Rouge for several decades.. We love his food and style..but in the past year and for whatever reason,,the room we love to dine in has been closed to us..while the food remains the main love at this great FrenchnRestaurant..something has changed and not for the better...we are very sad to be sitting in such a small and not very happy room,,much of the elegance of thismgreatmplace has been diminished for us..we were married here in 1982 and continue to patronize Mirabelle.but we feel it's lost is familiar touch..Special Features:
- DeliciousClassicDined on 6/29/2014This chef can cook! We had the lobster succotash w/ gnocchi & it was really yummy. The basil gnocchi were so lite. My husband had the lamb chops over cous cous w/ roasted fennel & haricovert - incredible. I had the fish & chips. The batter was lite & not greasy. The fish was branzino. :-) The chips & fries served with the fish were tasty .... abundant . We ended with classic crime brûlée! All delicious & with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyableBK88Dined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed dinner on 6/8/14. Steak tartar, duck liver mousse, Duck Mirabelle, and Foie gras where exceptional. Service was good but waiter forgot to bring a requested glass of wine with dinner and again a dessert wine with dessert. Other wise all was exceptional and the evening was wonderful.Special Features:
- DeliciousYummyDined on 6/7/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I think my favorite part of this dining experience was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Mirabelle Restaurant at the Three Village Inn reviews archive.
- off night perhaps?asdfDined on 5/23/2014We Went Looking To Celebtate A Special Occasion. Had To Wait 25 Minutes For Our Table, Service Was Terrible (And Rude), Food Was Horrible, Dry Tough Like Everything Was Under A Heat Lamp. There For Over 2 Hours (Not By Choice) And When We Were Leaving, The Valet Lost The Car -Another 20 Minute Wait With No Apology. At Those Prices Will No Be Going Back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014First visit since Mirabelle move. Room was outstanding; Waitress was excellent. Attentive and considerate. Only criticism was the delay in serving the table.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBruchgoerDined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderful experience at Mirabelle. The food was delicious, price fixe of $37.00 was well worth it. Tavern scene was great with live music.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedLockeanDined on 5/2/2014The old Mirabelle was a gem, with an excellent menu prepared flawlessly. We know that Chef Guy can perform at the highest level if given a chance. Unfortunately, the economics of the transplanted Mirabelle require compromises in order to make the menu more affordable and the choices more widely appealing. Bursts of brilliance, like the Grilled Octopus, make it worthwhile. But the overall level of dining experience has been reduced a notch. Sadly, this is the best Suffolk County has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok dinningRoe50Dined on 5/1/2014We had never dined here and with all that was said about it I thought ok...not that great. We have dined at much nicer places and the food was ok..The service also was just ok...everything was just ok..
- Good food and service!STEVENFROMSETAUKETNEWYORKVIPDined on 5/1/2014Nice experience! Good food and service very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedGinaVIPDined on 4/27/2014We've been wanting to try Mirabelle restaurant for sometime, but expectations were not met. The food was good, nothing memorable or spectacular. The biggest issue was the poor service. The restaurant wasn't crowded and we waiting 30 minutes between courses totaling a time of 2.5 hrs just for dinner. Luckily we had a gift certificate because food was way overpriced. Unfortunately, we won't be returning or recommending to dine here.Special Features:
- BIG disappointmentAdrianVIPDined on 4/27/2014I've been wanting to try out this restaurant for awhile and thought I would go during restaurant week. There is no sign outside to indicate which door you should enter for the restaurant. It was very confusing and found myself walking around and trying several doors to determine how to access the restaurant. Service was lack luster, the menu limited, the food had no flavor. When the waitress asked us how are meal was... at the end when we asked for the bill, we were honest and told her not very good. The manager/hostess came over and attempted to apologize but responded with, "well it's restaurant week". Not sure what that means, their standards are lower during restaurant week? Needless to say we won't be returning.
- something has changedjohnfromoldfieldVIPDined on 2/20/2014what has or what is happening?? the food is not the same--not that top notch quality that has made mirabelle worthy of high praise. where has the chef and the kitchen staff gone?--retirement?--good
- A gem!GracieDined on 2/15/2014Great food, service and the lovely ambience. Couldn't ask for more. My husband is a foodie and he loved it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerkandkVIPDined on 12/21/2013The food at Mirabelle's was very good but the service left a lot to be desired. We waited at least 20 minutes for our cocktail and then it came only after we inquired about it. Bread also had to be requested. My husband had the duck which is served in two parts. First the breast and later the leg is served. Unfortunately, we also had to ask for the second part to be brought. As for ambience it is a pretty room but you should request to be seated by a wall. If you sit at a table in the middle of the room the staff is constantly RUNNING back and forth on both sides of you and sense space is tight they tend to bump into you. Overall the food was delicious and the staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/5/2013Excellent food and ambiance. Service is a bit too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very friendlymidwestrnsDined on 11/21/2013Great food and very friendly staff. Nice quiet relaxing place to have a great dinner. Looking forward to my next time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsThePigeonDined on 10/29/2013Contrary to the very nice things we heard and read regarding the food at this restaurant reality showed us something very bleak. And as we sampled four courses, it was evident that it was not a one-off experience. Generally the food didn't come with any interesting flavour to it. We make a much better duck ourselves; the monkfish was exotic rather than tasty etc. Sad, as the atmosphere and setting was nice.
- Great food, service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2013Food was inventive and fresh, very tasty. The service was a bit slow and amateurish, although friendly. We didnt receive a menu until anout 15-20 minutes after we were seated. When our dishes were served, the waiters did not explain the meals or even repeat the names of the dishes, which is usually done at more high-end restaurants. But amateur service aside, we had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstandingmamakinDined on 9/20/2013Been to Three Village Inn for a wedding a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. Promised myself I'd come back for dinner sometime. Since it was my husband's birthday we decided to go. The food was outstanding and very special. Interesting flavor profiles. Service was very attentive and polite albeit a little slow. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- New menu same amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2013Mirabelle has outdone itself again. They have a new farm to table menu with locally sourced items . We had an incredible meal. The room had an energetic feel to it and the service was as always top notch. With the new price-fix menu we decided to go splurge on a bottle of Opus One ...perfect!Special Features:
- Service slippedNancyVIPDined on 9/6/2013We have been going to Mirabelle for special occasions for years, both in its current and former locations. The experience has always been very satisfying, a combination of excellent and interesting food combinations, a warm atmosphere and excellent service. This time, the service let us down. While friendly and professional, the service was very inconsistent. We were brought our "amuse bouche" before getting water, which we ended up having to ask for. After our cheese course, we waited a solid 20 minutes before anyone came to the table. We were never asked if we wanted coffee or tea. I will give Mirabelle another try as it had been consistent for years. I just hope that this was an off night, and not the beginning of a general slide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Magical8agr8pl8Dined on 9/4/2013We have dined here before and it just seems to get better and better with every visit. This time it was truly magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds ExpectationsfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013It was our anniversary and upon arrival were greeted warmly and seated at a very nice romantic table as per my request in the comments section upon making the reservation. The ambiance was wonderfully pleasant, very conducive towards conversation. The food was exceptional both in quality and presentation. We had the John Dorry fish and the signature dish which is the duck, it was the best I ever had. The fish was moist and terrific. The service was very professional and friendly. The souffle and Ginger torte for desert was delicious. We were surprisingly treated to champagne to finish the meal. All in all this place is a foodies delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013This place was not very crowded in the restaurant but then we had an 830 pm reservation. The food was awesome and so was the service...planning on taking a few friends back..highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2013The food was quite good. The service was excellent except for the guy that was serving our bread at the end of the meal he was a little rude.
- Exquisite DiningGrandmereVIPDined on 8/8/2013My husband and I decided to celebrate my special birthday here based upon the wonderful reviews on Open Table. We had not dined at Mirabelle since its relocation to Stony Brook, and were amazed by the difference in atmosphere. The dining room is elegant, and since it was a week night, we had our choice of tables in a quiet and almost private setting. The staff was polished, knowledgable and provided outstanding service. Each dish was presented beautifully and tasted superb. It was a pleasure dining in these beautiful surroundings and choosing from an exquisite menu...certainly choices you will find nowhere else. Our compliments to the chef and his charming wife, and thank you for making my birthday memorable.We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantamaliDined on 8/7/2013This was the first visit to Mirabelle since they moved location to Stony Brook. The restaurant is simply elegant; the food classic - delicious French. The service was attentive but not obtrusive. A perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013The wait at every turn was way too long. From getting a cocktail to the check, we waited and waited. I've heard this complaint from others and people have said they would not go back due to the long wait for service. Now I understand and feel the same.
- Always the best. CreativebowlerDined on 7/25/2013Always the best. Creative recipes using finest ingredients. Personal attention from Guy and Marie ensure highest quality and welcoming environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirabelle Stony BrookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2013We have been dining here for years and we have never been disappointed. Chef Guy is always full of tasty surprises. Friendly atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:
- consistently top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2013What's not to love about Mirabelle? We had a lovely dinner on Friday night, thoroughly enjoying every moment, every morsel, and every drop! The restaurant is set in a quaint part of Stony Brook Village is absolutely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- If you like contemporary frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013If you like contemporary french food this is the spot. The staff is well trained in their craft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2NetGerry281Dined on 6/15/2013The food is excellent. The blend of textures and flavors in the various dishes was well worth the price. We got the tasting menu with the wine parings. Ample sized portions with some decent wines.The only dish to disappoint was a pork dish which I thought was a little dry. Good spot for gatherings with friends or celebrations of some sort. Not especially romantic and it can get noisy if there are a lot of patrons or when the evening bar entertainment begins in the adjoining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long island michelin star qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2013If Michelin gave stars to truly deserving American suburban restaurants, Mirabelle would have a few. After almost 30 years of preparing state of the art French cuisine, Chef Guy Reuge still has the magic touch in the kitchen while his wife, Maria, continues to treat guests with inherent graciousness. Other restaurants come and go, but Mirabelle has the staying power that only professional excellence can create and supoort.Special Features: