1110 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 955-0075
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Bar menu available from 2:30 to close
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Puerto Rican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Roberto Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for catering questions.
- Entertainment: "Puerto Rico Fridays" are a staple, where an authentic Puerto Rican focused menu, including roasted suckling pig and "mofongo", is offered tableside, in addition to Mio's standing menu.
- Special Events: Mio offers a raised floor VIP area with complete A/V set up. Perfect for corporate and fund raising meetings and/or happy hours.
Please contact Francisca Iguina at Francisca@miorestaurant.com or at email@example.com for further details.
- Cross Street: On the corner of L Street between 14th & 15th Streets
- Public Transit: McPherson Square - Orange and Blue line - (two blocks away) - exit to Vermont Avenue and Farragut North, Red line (4 blocks).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking is conveniently located right next door to us. They offer valet in the evenings.
Also, there is plenty of street meter parking available.
A word from Mio Restaurant
Affectionately called the Embassy of Latin America in Washington, D.C., Mío has captured the hearts and palates of D.C.’s most influential Latin Americans and Washingtonians with a convivial table and “Cocina Abierta” (open kitchen) culture. Under the management and ownership of long time D.C. restaurateur, Manuel Iguina, and under Chef Roberto Hernandez seasoned expertise, Mío presents daily a unique menu from Latin America’s most influential cuisine capitals - a menu sophisticated in flavor yet true to its origins. In our kitchen all are welcome, the summers on the beach in the Caribbean, a Sunday parillada, the corner taquería, cevichería, lechonera and the arepera, all in one place. Just south of Thomas Circle, Mío also features modern American selections in a convivial atmosphere where customers are treated with Latin hospitality. Don't miss "Puerto Rico Fridays" - with a genuine roasted lechón and expanded Puerto Rican menu.Continued
¡La Cocina esta Abierta!
¡La Cocina esta Abierta!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mio Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (58)good for groups (38)special occasion (35)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (27)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (18)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Good food - slow serviceNicoleDined on 8/14/2014We took my boss there for her birthday lunch. The food was amazing! We had a group of 6 people, and every single person enjoyed what they ordered. The portions were huge, so if your looking for a light lunch - don't order something so heavy or consider sharing. The only complaint I had was our service was a bit slow. It was restaurant week, so some of our group did the coursed meal, and the timing was not right. It took forever for the main course to come out after the first. By the time dessert came - we were ready to go. It took us about 20 mins to get our check and cash out as well, which was a bit irritating since we still had to go back to the office and finish the rest of the day. Other than that - our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My entree was raw - a trout with a pesto on it. The edges where the fish was cooked was tasty but vast majority was not edible. Further, servers were non-existent - so I had no opportunity to inform them or request another plate. We finally had staff from the bar help us - but by then we had to go. The place was super noisy - it was very hard to hear my friend across a small table. I will not go back.
- Enjoyable Experiencedcwriter360Dined on 8/13/2014Waitress was very helpful with thoughts about what we might enjoy given that we were unfamiliar with the items on the menu. Glad I followed her advice and had the trout. Though the cost is a bit on the pricey end, and I doubt you'll need a to-go bag, I'm glad I had the Mio experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a puertorrican restaurantprimarieDined on 8/8/2014Overall, the restaurant is good except for the food! Im boricua and the food they have is not puertorrican. Its like a fusion with boricua cuisine. We dont have duck in PR, wtf? Lol i will never came back except for the mojito (not puertorrican) the mojito is the best that i have ever tastes here in DC.Special Features:
- Just great!montorrioDined on 8/8/2014The food was amazing... the service is always good. We just really enjoy eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MioAlexEatsFoodDined on 8/8/2014This place was a bit loud and definitely expensive to me but the food was fantastic and while not strictly Puerto Rican in origin my girlfriend who comes from that part of the world was impressed by the authenticity of several of the dishes. The Quatro Leches for dessert was a my highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 952 reviews are from the Mio Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2014First time and enjoyed the experience and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servie, Great FoodGourmand18VIPDined on 7/25/2014Our server and the daughter of the owner Manuel (so I found later), Daniela, was very good. All the appetizers that she suggested were loved by my group. We could feel passion from her when she was explaining us the menu and giving us suggestions. That is important. Thank you Daniela for your great hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might try againOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was good but they indicated that they were transitioning with a new chef so many things that were on the menu they didn't have. The decor of the restaurant is quite nice. And the wait staff was attentive. They also sat a group with a child right next to us when there was room to put them at least one table over where it might have been better for all of us.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/22/2014Mio's is one of my favorites for lunch. Great drinks and really good food! Definitely try the mojito.Special Features:
- Delicious!jera84Dined on 7/18/2014This place is the closest thing to a Puerto Rican restaurant in DC. I went on a date night with the girlfriend. They have Puerto Rican Fridays where they have a whole lechon asao (roasted pig). They also have Medalla beer and Don Q rums. The food was excellent, and the restaurant itself is very nice. It's a little bit pricey, but well worth it. The mofongo de yuca is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NishaNishaDined on 7/18/2014Took my husband there for his birthday! We loved the food!! And they were so nice, they gave us a free bday cake. Great romantic ambience too :DSpecial Features:
- Great experience at MioMDchickVIPDined on 7/18/2014I went to dinner with some girlfriends last Friday and had a great time! Our server was amazing, the food was quite tasty (for all of us) and the restaurant is very nicely adorned. The only thing to note, and it is minor, is that the noise level is a bit high. If you are looking for a romantic, intimate spot, this may not be your cup of tea. Outside of that, I would definitely return...great spot!Special Features:
- looking forward to going agan!KayTeeDined on 7/12/2014Super service; very good food; fun atmosphere! - want to try this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014I enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The food is always great. The service is very good. They make recommendations based on what you want and know the menu very well. If you are looking for authentic Puertorican or cuisine this is the place to go. The drinks are also fabulous. The ambience is good. You can select to eat outside, inside or they have a very nice lounge in the bar area you can sit and eat/drink with your group. The restaurant is right beside a parking garage. You have to pay, however, the cost is reasonable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of D .C .'s best restaurants!WhackVIPDined on 7/7/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with a first visit to Mio. Upon arrival we were so warmly greeted and seated at our lovely table. We tried two appetizers and both were delicious. The tuna tartare is one of the best dishes in the city! The calamari is also really enjoyable. My husband got the whole red snapper and it was fabulous. It was so beautifully plated and served. I ordered the veal and plantain lasagne and it was really good and a very different dish. We were also given two delicious complimentary tastes of their homemade coconut ice cream and it was a winner as well but we were just too full to order dessert. Our server Cynthia was just amazing. She gave us great tips about what to order on our first visit.Special Features:
- Great food close to 15th & M hotelskaneandlynDined on 7/5/2014It was our first time in Washington DC and we were staying at the Loews Madison Hotel on 15th & M, which made the walk over to Mio a very close walk for us. We'd already spent two days walking all over the beautiful city, and we were tired and hungry! Mio did not disappoint. We left full and very satisfied. We shared an appetizer of squid and it was divine! It came with asparagus and its seasoning was tantalizing to the taste buds. I had their asopao and my hubby had the seared fish of the day. I was very pleased with how much seafood it had and again each one was cooked right! The streets were quiet when we went at around 8:30pm, and although the restaurant wasn't full it was a great dining experience. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceFastandFuriousFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Our server was absolutely delightful. The food was far from the everyday - delicious and exciting; great presentation. Highly recommend the mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Different for Late Dinner!bigfamilyfunDined on 6/23/2014We arrived during Happy Hour and the noise was a bit much, I was there with two business associates and for the first 30 minutes it was difficult to have a conversation. After 7:00, the noise died down and it was much better. The food that we tried was excellent. The appetizers were served in a manner that made it very easy to share and we each tried something different, so this was nice. None of us had ever tried Puerto Rican food before and even our least adventurous cohort agreed that the food was good! The flavors were different and flavorful, without being overbearing or to spicy. The meals were sized so that we all had room for desert and they were worth saving room for.Special Features:
- Overcooked fish, tasteless sauceTellitlikeitisDined on 6/21/2014Unfortunately, all the reviews suggested this would be an upbeat, fun restaurant with tasty nuevo latin food. So no true. We were there Saturday night and it was over half empty. And, you can see why. My fish was over cooked, the sauce was rich and tasteless. And, my salad was drenched in salad dressing. All for the reasonable price of $150, with tip, for two people. You can do better.
- Great foodElleVIPDined on 6/19/2014Everything was very tasty. I went with a group of 5 and everyone enjoyed it.
- Great for work lunchSassyChef86Dined on 6/19/2014I went to Mio for the first time recently with a coworker ... Food was great and I highly recommend the guava lemonade. Service was friendly enough but nothing special. They also have outdoor seating which would be great for a nicer day. I'll definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceLABVVIPDined on 6/16/2014We recently enjoyed a Monday night dinner at Mio. The service was fabulous, from the bar to hostess to server. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Mio can be loud if crowded but that night was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlos OBestdininginDCDined on 6/15/2014Mio Rest. was a great place to celebrate our anniversary, food was great and the service was amazing, our table was never with dirty plates because the staff was always checking and taking it away, customer service was friendly and first class. Unfortunately one of my favorite dishes was not available because there was a guest chef but I'll be back to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Very good food. Wine list had a number of great selections in all categories. Service was excellent. My wife has certain dietary restrictions. Server confrmed choices and followed up. The manager came by to see how we enjoying ourselves and chatted briefly. Drinks were served quickly. Each course was served in timely manner. The entire evening was very relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Excellent MioTonyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Excellent latin food, I had for apetizzer the grilled octopus and the duck chest with cilaantro rizotto and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerbreakfastloverVIPDined on 6/11/2014Dinner for 2; great kale salad; the seafood "stew" was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good all round experienceAlgourmetVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a very good restaurant in all respects. Puerto Rican food at its best. The grilled fish on yucca mofongo was outstanding. Attentive and courteous service and elegant décor. It will not disappoint.Special Features:
- WOW!!!!ImpressedGusDined on 6/5/2014I was extremely impressed with the service and the food. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, I'm pretty peculiar about hispanic food and I can say that I love every single bite. The food was amazing and the service outstanding. We went there for lunch and left wanting to come back to try their dinner menu. Is definitely a place I would go back to eat again.Special Features:
- Just okayDisappointedVIPDined on 6/4/2014While my main course was really good, others at my table were not blown away. We were quite late and the waitress did not make me feel bad about it which I really appreciated. The rating says that the costs of the meal should be at $$ but it was extremely pricey for what we got. Don't know that I'd go back sadly unless I were just going for the asapao which I thought was really tasty.
- Good Food and Perfect Friday dinnerpalmtreeDined on 5/30/2014I had gone there for lunch and thought of it for dinner. I wanted a place with good energy and atmosphere and interesting menu. Mio fit the bill. Mio is a beautiful restaurant with different eating areas. There was a good selection of appetizers. We had the pan roasted calamari that was excellent. While fried calamari is always a sure bet, it was nice that they prepared it differently, and it was tasty. The fritters stuffed with crab were a slight disappointment, but not enough of a disappointment to stop eating them. We both ordered the whole fried red snapper. The presentation was superb and it was prepared very well. I enjoyed the sides that came with the snapper. Mio has a good beverage selection and love the mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latin food that needs more flavorFoodLoverPRDined on 5/23/2014Mio is a beautiful restaurant and the service is great! BUT when it comes down to food... it needs flavor. Puertorrican Lechon meat was a bit blend. Arroz con Gandules tasted like yellow rice and not to Gandules. We were there for Mofongo which traditionally is made out of plantains... Mio only offers yuca mofongo. The 1st 2 drinks we ordered during happy hour, were charged without the happy hour saving. So... my point is... got to make the food betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My friend had the rockfish, I had the seafood soup, we had the calamari/mushroom appetizer and everything was sooo delicious! We sat outside on a beautiful day and caught up for the first time in months. The waiter was average, but I will say that he described the menu well and never pressured us to leave. We had a wonderful night, wonderful food and drinks and I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!NziKushDined on 5/23/2014Foodies would love this place. I know I did! I had business lunch meeting. Had the salmon and switched out the vegetables for the kale salad. We also had an appetizer that was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014My salmon, which was served on spinach and brussell sprouts was excellent. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside. The service was great. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- BCDCDined on 5/22/2014A lovely experience from start to finish. Food was interesting and tasty. Service outstanding. Good wine selection. Pleasant outdoor setting. We will return as we are neighbors.Special Features:
- Great Experience!CharleneVIPDined on 5/14/2014Simply great food and outstanding service at reasonable prices in a wonderful atmosphere...would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good business lunchdcmarkDined on 5/12/2014Great food-- amazing bread-- solid place for a good business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and Fun. My go to placeAnaBananaDined on 5/11/2014Already made reservations for my 2nd. trip! Have also recommended MIO to several of my friends. My new go to place when I want to feel like I'm back in San Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OH MIO..NellyDined on 5/9/2014Love this place...I absolutely thought the food was delicious...Could not get enough. The Spicy Machu Pisco is amazing. However, the service for lunch was quite slow which is a huge deterrent when you have limited time.Special Features: