1110 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2029550075x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Bar menu available from 2:30 to close
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Puerto Rican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Roberto Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for catering questions.
- Entertainment: "Puerto Rico Fridays" are a staple, where an authentic Puerto Rican focused menu, including roasted suckling pig and "mofongo", is offered tableside, in addition to Mio's standing menu.
- Special Events: Mio offers a raised floor VIP area with complete A/V set up. Perfect for corporate and fund raising meetings and/or happy hours.
Please contact Francisca Iguina at Francisca@miorestaurant.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Cross Street: On the corner of L Street between 14th & 15th Streets
- Public Transit: McPherson Square - Orange and Blue line - (two blocks away) - exit to Vermont Avenue and Farragut North, Red line (4 blocks).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking is conveniently located right next door to us. They offer valet in the evenings.
Also, there is plenty of street meter parking available.
A word from Mio Restaurant
Affectionately called the Embassy of Latin America in Washington, D.C., Mío has captured the hearts and palates of D.C.’s most influential Latin Americans and Washingtonians with a convivial table and “Cocina Abierta” (open kitchen) culture. Under the management and ownership of long time D.C. restaurateur, Manuel Iguina, and under Chef Roberto Hernandez seasoned expertise, Mío presents daily a unique menu from Latin America’s most influential cuisine capitals - a menu sophisticated in flavor yet true to its origins. In our kitchen all are welcome, the summers on the beach in the Caribbean, a Sunday parillada, the corner taquería, cevichería, lechonera and the arepera, all in one place. Just south of Thomas Circle, Mío also features modern American selections in a convivial atmosphere where customers are treated with Latin hospitality. Don't miss "Puerto Rico Fridays" - with a genuine roasted lechón and expanded Puerto Rican menu.Continued
¡La Cocina esta Abierta!
¡La Cocina esta Abierta!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mio Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (37)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Thank you, Mio!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014A friend was in from out of town with his new girlfriend, and I wanted to show them a good time. Well done, Mio. Every bite was a pleasure, and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PR foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Of you have a hankering for nouvelle PR food, this is the place. The mofongo is better than any I have had on the island or elsewhere...Special Features:
- Outstanding/ ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014besides the great service, food and scenary my wife and I felt very comfortable. Prices were affordable for a stylish dinner. I would eat there regularly. Thank you to MIO's staff and owner. I felt like I was back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mio is mineCollierCulinaryCritiqueaVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is now my daughter's favorite place. The Mofongo is very tasty and having it made table side is a real treat. The service was ok. The entrees were superb and cuarto leches cake was pretty spectacular as well. It's not my favoritems for Latin foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's like eating in Old San JuanFurloughed1VIPDined on 10/16/2014Our first visit. Exceptional food that reminds me of some of the great restaurants in Old San Juan. I ordered 3 small plates, octopus (fabulous), calamari (fabulous) and croquettes (good but will not order again). Or waitress was a delight. The only disappointment was the pace of service (slow) because our waitress was covering a lot of tables and the hostess stand. She should have received double pay for that evening (Oct 16).Special Features:
- A nice surpriseLorraineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Tried this restaurant because it's close to my DC office. Great food. Delightful service.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceIsladelencantoVIPDined on 10/6/2014The many times I have been at the restaurant has been great; food is delicious; portions as well; and the waiters are great and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodjuevero1Dined on 9/29/2014excellent food excellently presented and the best tempranillo wine i have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014An awesome dining experience! MIO deserves to be in the Top 10 restaurants downtownSpecial Features:
- True gourmet Puerto Rican food!SFerminDined on 9/19/2014Outstanding food! Service was outstanding too. Everything we had appetizer: we shared a mofongo cart! Loved the fresh taste of the chicharones crunch in the mofongo. Dinner: we shared the pork medallions w/guava red wine sauce. The mixture of the guava in the wine exquisit. It just had a touch of sweet which pairs nicely with the pork. The pork was rubbed with taste island oregano. Dessert: shared a flan highly recommended by our lovely waiter. Unfortunately I forgot her name. Everything she suggested was to perfection. The flan taste like a mixture of creme brûlée and Latin homemade flan. Doesn't taste or smell like eggs. The mojitos were super fresh mint! Went the next day for lunch unfortunately was closed on Saturdays for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticFoodieAuthenticFoodieDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant serves authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. I've been 3 times and each time has been great. I've had the Arroz con Pollo, Skirt steak salad, Fried yucca and it's all great. To drink, get the Lime-Mint ade. Yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Puerto Rican/Latin Food @DCjonapVIPDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant, the ambiance, the service, the character of MIO is unparalleled. Manuel and Karla plus family and now Chef Roberto Hernandez have taken MIO to a higher level. They have put Puerto Rican and Caribbean Latin food on the map in DC and the Northeast. MIO fares well and even better than some of the high profile restaurants in Puerto Rico. Chef Roberto Hernandez brought some roasted prok cracklings as an appetizers, delicious. The mofongo cart is a hit, a must try! I tried the breast of duck over malanga gnochis and was to die for. Everything, food, drinks, wine, was fabulous, including the 'Chichaito' pitcher for after dinner was great!Special Features:
- latin food in DCdiningprofessorDined on 9/12/2014Mio's menu is Latin American with a special emphais on Puerto Rican. My wife and I shared the octopus appetizer (very good but could have used a bit more spice). I had the asopao shellfish stew which was outstanding (it comes with avocado and a couple tostones), and my wife had an excellent skirt steak daily special. Portions were very large, which precluded us having dessert. Another special, mainly on Fridays, is a portion of whole roasted pig, which looked good, too. Wine list is reasonable but not exciting, so we had two pisco cocktails and excellent draft beer. In a week of dining in DC, including many places with higher online review ratings than this, Mio was, in my view, our best meal and one of the cheapest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodTomSVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had dinner here the other night and were pleasantly surprised at how good everything was. The ceviche was outstanding and I would order it every time I went.Special Features:
- Amazing!PNyeMaillardDined on 9/6/2014I almost passed on Mio, but could not escape the menu and consistent phenomenal reviews. I am here to add to them! Our server was attentive but not overbearing, the food excellent (dessert was to die for!), beverage selection was fabulous (my Malbec was delicious!), it was overall an amazing experience, and I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Mio is myCollierCulinaryCritiqueaVIPDined on 9/4/2014my absolute new favorite. I love this place. Great food, vibes, and service. The Mofongo is amazing. Actually everything we had was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Peace of Paradise on W. DCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent, and the Puertorrican lady, Daniela was the best. She knew how to make things right, even when the food came out cold.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysLuisVellonDined on 8/22/2014I visit the restaurant many times and the service is good and the food is exquisite, no complain, keep it up Mio's and we will be visiting you for a long time....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantasticDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were mesmerized by the fabulous new menu at Mio! The savory Puerto Rican appetizers of breadfruit and mofungo were just delicious with special sauces and cooked to perfection. Grilled shrimp was amazing and a perfectly cooked trout! Mio is such a great restaurant where everyone seems to be having fun! Perfectly cooked hangar steak and fantastic desserts. Mio was so good, we can't wait to return for the food and the best Mojito on the mainland. Their new chef is awesome!Special Features:
- Authentic Puerto Rican foodAuthenticFoodieDined on 8/21/2014I've now been to Mio twice for lunch. I had the flat iron steak salad and it was super tasty with huge portions. I also had the Arroz con Pollo (chicken & rice with peas, and sautéed peppers and onions) which was equally delicious and big. It comes with both fried plantain chips and juicy, sweet sautéed plantains (so delicious). We started with fried yucca, which was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014The food has been excellent every time. The service is a bit slow, but when the server arrives you get what you need.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantNearbyfoodieDined on 8/18/2014I was introduced to this restaurant 2 weeks ago when a friend recommended we meet there for dinner. The atmosphere is vivrant and stylish and the Asopao de Marisco made me come back a few days later for lunch to savor another dish. My 25 year old daughter who joined me for lunch was equally in love with this restaurant. I've since been back for dinner with my boss for yet another great experience. The menu is comprised of lighter and more sophisticated versions of Latin favorites that are full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, great servicefoodiebellyDined on 8/16/2014I went with my husband for restaurant week and the experience was very pleasing. I ordered the skirt steak with root vegetable hash, it was cooked to perfection and was delicious. My husband ordered from the regular menu, ordered the fish of the day which was swordfish. The fish was slightly undercooked to his taste, but server quickly returned it to the kitchen and it was diligently corrected. The swordfish was delicious too. For dessert, we ordered the guava and cream cheese empanada, and it was out of this world amazing! I would definitively come back again. Although the restaurant is a little pricy, it is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinning experience!RobODined on 8/15/2014A highlight of DC Restaurant week! We have to go back! Cynthia made very good recommendations to best enjoy the night at MIO! Lechon Fridays are a magnet for puertorican food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenal authentic experienceCulinaryParadiseDined on 8/15/2014Mio is the embodiment of Puerto Rican culture. From the delicious, authentic food to warm, effusive staff, a meal at Mio will take you as close to being on the Island of Enchanment as is possible stateside. And they have the best mojitos EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - slow serviceNicoleDined on 8/14/2014We took my boss there for her birthday lunch. The food was amazing! We had a group of 6 people, and every single person enjoyed what they ordered. The portions were huge, so if your looking for a light lunch - don't order something so heavy or consider sharing. The only complaint I had was our service was a bit slow. It was restaurant week, so some of our group did the coursed meal, and the timing was not right. It took forever for the main course to come out after the first. By the time dessert came - we were ready to go. It took us about 20 mins to get our check and cash out as well, which was a bit irritating since we still had to go back to the office and finish the rest of the day. Other than that - our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My entree was raw - a trout with a pesto on it. The edges where the fish was cooked was tasty but vast majority was not edible. Further, servers were non-existent - so I had no opportunity to inform them or request another plate. We finally had staff from the bar help us - but by then we had to go. The place was super noisy - it was very hard to hear my friend across a small table. I will not go back.
- Enjoyable Experiencedcwriter360Dined on 8/13/2014Waitress was very helpful with thoughts about what we might enjoy given that we were unfamiliar with the items on the menu. Glad I followed her advice and had the trout. Though the cost is a bit on the pricey end, and I doubt you'll need a to-go bag, I'm glad I had the Mio experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a puertorrican restaurantprimarieDined on 8/8/2014Overall, the restaurant is good except for the food! Im boricua and the food they have is not puertorrican. Its like a fusion with boricua cuisine. We dont have duck in PR, wtf? Lol i will never came back except for the mojito (not puertorrican) the mojito is the best that i have ever tastes here in DC.Special Features:
- Just great!montorrioDined on 8/8/2014The food was amazing... the service is always good. We just really enjoy eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MioAlexEatsFoodDined on 8/8/2014This place was a bit loud and definitely expensive to me but the food was fantastic and while not strictly Puerto Rican in origin my girlfriend who comes from that part of the world was impressed by the authenticity of several of the dishes. The Quatro Leches for dessert was a my highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2014First time and enjoyed the experience and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servie, Great FoodGourmand18VIPDined on 7/25/2014Our server and the daughter of the owner Manuel (so I found later), Daniela, was very good. All the appetizers that she suggested were loved by my group. We could feel passion from her when she was explaining us the menu and giving us suggestions. That is important. Thank you Daniela for your great hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might try againOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was good but they indicated that they were transitioning with a new chef so many things that were on the menu they didn't have. The decor of the restaurant is quite nice. And the wait staff was attentive. They also sat a group with a child right next to us when there was room to put them at least one table over where it might have been better for all of us.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/22/2014Mio's is one of my favorites for lunch. Great drinks and really good food! Definitely try the mojito.Special Features:
- Delicious!jera84Dined on 7/18/2014This place is the closest thing to a Puerto Rican restaurant in DC. I went on a date night with the girlfriend. They have Puerto Rican Fridays where they have a whole lechon asao (roasted pig). They also have Medalla beer and Don Q rums. The food was excellent, and the restaurant itself is very nice. It's a little bit pricey, but well worth it. The mofongo de yuca is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NishaNishaDined on 7/18/2014Took my husband there for his birthday! We loved the food!! And they were so nice, they gave us a free bday cake. Great romantic ambience too :DSpecial Features:
- Great experience at MioMDchickVIPDined on 7/18/2014I went to dinner with some girlfriends last Friday and had a great time! Our server was amazing, the food was quite tasty (for all of us) and the restaurant is very nicely adorned. The only thing to note, and it is minor, is that the noise level is a bit high. If you are looking for a romantic, intimate spot, this may not be your cup of tea. Outside of that, I would definitely return...great spot!Special Features:
- looking forward to going agan!KayTeeDined on 7/12/2014Super service; very good food; fun atmosphere! - want to try this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014I enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The food is always great. The service is very good. They make recommendations based on what you want and know the menu very well. If you are looking for authentic Puertorican or cuisine this is the place to go. The drinks are also fabulous. The ambience is good. You can select to eat outside, inside or they have a very nice lounge in the bar area you can sit and eat/drink with your group. The restaurant is right beside a parking garage. You have to pay, however, the cost is reasonable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.