Mio - an Italian Trattoria
4800 West 135th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mio - an Italian Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mioitaliantrattoria.com/
- Phone: 9136859646x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours: For lunch, please join us at our Pizzeria just 6 doors west of the original Mio. We have baked pastas, entrée salads, a great soup and salad combo, along with many other delicious items, including pizza of course!!
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday-Saturday: 4:30pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Julian J. Viso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to prepare a guest designed menu utilizing the prominent offerings of our dinner or lunch menu complimented by a select wine offering.
A word from Mio - an Italian Trattoria
Serving authentic recipes, Mio features classic Italian soups, salads, pastas and grilled meats. Our menu is designed to serve a taste of the most prominent dishes from many distinct regions of Italy. Complimenting our meal is our $30 per bottle wine list, created to deliver a selective offering of Italian wine ready to be enjoyed today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mio - an Italian Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Mio - an Italian Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (27)good for groups (15)great for lunch (12)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Milo's ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Very good Italian restaurant on 135th street. gluten free option available.Special Features:
- HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014From the time of arrival till we left we were treated like the most important people in the crowded restaurant , and we weren't. It was a very busy night and all customers seemed very pleased, welcomed and taken care of. The staff and proprietor were on top of what was going on at each table. We had guests so we were highly pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab neighborhood hot spotfoodieforlifeVIPDined on 10/4/2014amazing service and fantastic food! Highly recommend this close by neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousolivebareDined on 9/27/2014The Ravioli is to die for! Also the Blood Orange Margarita was recommended which was excellent! We had the same server as last time, a young man from Lawrence. He was great at suggestions, attentive and a delight as he was last time.Special Features:
- pjsoDined on 9/26/2014Once again, it was delightful. Food was delicious, service was good, wine was plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Very noisy, patrons cramped together like sardines, rude hostess
- DelightfulNanLongDined on 9/21/2014It was loud in there, but the vibe was great, the food good, and the service outstanding. Our server was named Torie, and she was friendly, knowledgable, and attentive but not bothersome. She led us through a wonderful food and wine experience. Loved it. Plus, they serve these divine tiny cookies with coffee. Heavenly.Special Features:
- Boo1Dined on 9/20/2014great food..veal ravoli was especially outstanding. Angel hair pasta with tomatoes could have been spicier.Special Features:
- Mio'sRLL51Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent little Italian restaurant, reminiscent of those we visited in Rome. Small and not ostentatious.Special Features:
- Outtanding Tasteejm4648Dined on 9/19/2014The food is extra good because of the the way it's prepared! Spices and combinations of incredients make the experience unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful food experience!KCHawkDined on 9/16/2014From the wine and appetizer and then to the main course, everything was was quite good. Waiter recommended a nice bottle of wine that worked nicely. The mushroom balls were unique and quite tasty. Desert recommendation of the bread pudding was excellent as well. Definitely a place worth trying out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/8/2014Be sure to try thier pork chop with balsamic reduction sauce. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!CookecookDined on 9/5/2014We love Mio's and wanted to share it with out-of-town friends. We all had something different off the menu and only one person out of 6 had a less than 5 star experience (Pasta Carbonara). The SuperTuscan wine is to die for and we asked to have it decanted and were accommodated quickly. My husband almost always gets the pork chop and has never been let down. The chicken saltimbocca is great and I always get the Linguine alla pescatore and love taking home a little for lunch :) One of our guests ordered Ragatoni al sugo di agnello e manzo. She raved about it and wants to learn how to make it. Do yourself a favor and treat your sweetie to a great Italian dinner and a bottle of SuperTuscan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatnewfind.GreatnewfindVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fabulous, knowledgable, accommodating server. Good bartender. Suggestions were spot-on. Lots of garlic but definitely inventive choices with some great flavor. Only negative is tables are packed in too tightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceFoodLuvrnKCDined on 9/3/2014We tried this place because we had a Groupon - and I'm glad we did. The service here was second to none. (They didn't even treat us poorly because we had a Groupon like many finer plaves do) The menu had some unique finds - not just another spaghetti joint. The Arancini appetizer was awesome, even the kids loved it and they can't stand the thought of eating a mushroom. I will say that if your kids are typical menu eaters, this might not be the place for them as the kids menu is not your run of the mill menu either. My 10 yr old said the said the spaghetti was the best but my 5 year old (who loves spaghetti) wouldn't touch it because it doesn't come with meatballs. We will definitely be going back, but probably not worth the kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Mio's on multiple occasions. Being hard of hearing, we requested a booth. It was also a special occasion for meeting an out of town guest. We were seated in the middle table by the front windows. Unfortunately, the large table behind us had a very loud, vocal group; consequently, I heard nothing being said at our table at a get-acquainted dinner. Also, the salmon was good, but ruined for me with the excess garlic with tomato relish on top. Disappointing. We used to love coming.
- Great placeLikesfoodDined on 8/30/2014Great food with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Chef Julian is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!JimfromKCDined on 8/30/2014A friend recommended Mio's to us, and we're glad we followed her suggestion! It was a little hard to find--we went to their companion pizza place first by mistake, but quickly corrected the error. Great food and service--we'll go back!Special Features:
- Great experiencegregDined on 8/27/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all great, we will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding food and Peter our server was awesome!Special Features:
- We'll be back!KM1373Dined on 8/13/2014We went on a weeknight (Wine Wednesday!) and had a marvelous time. The bruschetta was amazing - the tomatoes were so fresh! The veal ravioli and lasagna bolognese were just enough different from standard fare as to make them outstanding. The wine list was plentiful, and our server (David) had helpful input. We were glad that we went with his recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonBDined on 8/8/2014Mio is one of my favorite restaurants in the KC area. Food and service always top notch. Great wine list. Just an enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:
- Italian LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I dined at Mio Saturday night. It had been a year since our last experience. Not sure why it took so long to return, but we will go back soon. We enjoyed our evening very much. The salads; tasty and fresh. The lamb chops deliciously seasoned and cooked to the perfect temp. The chicken saltimbocca was moist and so good. Thought we couldn't eat another bite, but the limoncello tiramisu was very special. Not too tart. Just the perfect end to a wonderful Italian meal. Also, our charming waiter served us delightful butter cookies with our espresso. He was very helpful with suggestions so we would not overdue. We shared the creamy fettuccine as an appetizer. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdineDined on 7/31/2014Good food, ambiance,service and location. Small menu is a plus.Special Features:
- EdEdwinVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food prepared wonderfully as always. Special dietary needs met with grace and friendliness. Wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Mio reviewgqjhawkDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance is not there as it is a strip mall but the food and service were great. The waitrees was fun and kept us supplied with wonderful olive oil bread dip!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSTmeyerDined on 7/27/2014We got a Groupon for this restaurant to give it a shot and were definitely pleased. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. The prices were very reasonable and the portion size was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryChigalDined on 7/27/2014Excellent meal. Every aspect was done well; salad, entrée, dessert. Our waitress was terrific. She knew the menu perfectly and was helpful without overbearing. Appreciated that she knew when to come by and did not incessantly ask how the food was. She probably already knew it was outstanding. Limoncello tiramisu was unique and heavenly. Give this play a try for sure.Special Features:
- Dinner ExperienceVLW01Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent and the servers were outstanding. Really made you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Mio'sOPKSdinerDined on 7/26/2014Mio's is a gem! A lovely Italian restaurant in a very low key small shopping center. They have an outstanding selection of traditional Italian dishes to choose from. The star of the show is their Lasagna Al Forno! Delicious! Friends also tried the Salmone alla griglia and raved about it. Julian J. Viso is the executive chef and does a fantastic job (he will visit your table). They live by their core principles of providing "Authentic, Fresh and Wholesome" cuisine. We have tried Mio's twice and would highly recommend it. Both our visits were enjoyable experiences. Last Saturday evening the restaurant was full and that might have put our server under a bit of pressure, but the service was very good and generally prompt.Special Features:
- Great food! Great service.8moreDined on 7/24/2014We loved our entrees and the salads were outstanding. We found it to be a great place for dinner and conversation.Special Features:
- Ceasar saladirokkcDined on 7/23/2014I did not like it. Servers knowledge of the wine list was lacking. Overall very much like a traditional tratorria.Special Features:
- Good Italian134HawkDined on 7/23/2014We were first time diners after reading and hearing many reviews of the restaurant. Overall we enjoyed the busy Weds. night dining experience. Food servings ample and reasonably priced. The $35 bottle of wine was enjoyable but not anything special, but that's what you get in a restaurant for that money. Weds. night offers free appetizers with a bottle of wine, a good deal and good food. My 2 complaints are related to the dining room itself. First the room is nothing special, but typical of what one sees more often in suburban shopping centers. The space faces south, the glare made it impossible to see one's diner partner if you're looking south, as about half the tables did. We plan to return, hopefully with a better table orientation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Good food at a reasonable price but the tables are too close together making our dining less than enjoyable. On the right a patron was loudly discussing how disgruntled she was with work and on the other side a diner wanted everyone to know that he was a wine expert he as engaged the waiter in a long, loud conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMikeVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner at Mio's on Saturday. What made it outstanding was our waiter Matt! He was very conversant and encouraged us to try things outside our comfort zone. Mio's is a great place for a fairly inexpensive evening of food.Special Features:
- luvtheplazaDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit and it was my husband's birthday. We had been told it was great so sometimes expectations are set too high. It was beyond our expectations. We had a great waiter who was very knowledgable about their wine list. The wine and food were spectacular and we can't wait to go their again for our anniversary.Special Features:
- a good find!microbesVIPDined on 7/15/2014We ate for the first time this week at Mio, and were pleasantly surprised to find a red wine we had drunk in northern Italy on a trip with another couple. It was priced reasonably. We enjoyed the food as well. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Just okClexVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been here many times before. Unfortunately this was not one of the best visits. Slow service, long after being seated the waiter came over and said oh I forgot to give you bread, this was after I had to flag him down. Food was average. A couple seated long after we were finished with their meal and left before we even got our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dineusafunVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our waiter John did a fantastic job. The wine was great as was the ravioli dish and the saltibocca. Good portions and good pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always and everALWAYSVIPDined on 7/10/2014Best restaurant south of seventy fifth street. Go there often and have never been disappointed. When there, ask for Dawana. One of the best servers I've had anywhere.Special Features: