Mio - an Italian Trattoria
4800 West 135th Street
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mio - an Italian Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mioitaliantrattoria.com/
- Phone: 9136859646x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours: For lunch, please join us at our Pizzeria just 6 doors west of the original Mio. We have baked pastas, entrée salads, a great soup and salad combo, along with many other delicious items, including pizza of course!!
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday-Saturday: 4:30pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Julian J. Viso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to prepare a guest designed menu utilizing the prominent offerings of our dinner or lunch menu complimented by a select wine offering.
A word from Mio - an Italian Trattoria
Serving authentic recipes, Mio features classic Italian soups, salads, pastas and grilled meats. Our menu is designed to serve a taste of the most prominent dishes from many distinct regions of Italy. Complimenting our meal is our $30 per bottle wine list, created to deliver a selective offering of Italian wine ready to be enjoyed today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Mio - an Italian Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Mio - an Italian Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (100)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (57)notable wine list (42)romantic (37)great for lunch (22)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Mio's on multiple occasions. Being hard of hearing, we requested a booth. It was also a special occasion for meeting an out of town guest. We were seated in the middle table by the front windows. Unfortunately, the large table behind us had a very loud, vocal group; consequently, I heard nothing being said at our table at a get-acquainted dinner. Also, the salmon was good, but ruined for me with the excess garlic with tomato relish on top. Disappointing. We used to love coming.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Great food with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Chef Julian is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!JimfromKCDined on 8/30/2014A friend recommended Mio's to us, and we're glad we followed her suggestion! It was a little hard to find--we went to their companion pizza place first by mistake, but quickly corrected the error. Great food and service--we'll go back!Special Features:
- Great experiencegregDined on 8/27/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all great, we will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding food and Peter our server was awesome!Special Features:
- We'll be back!KM1373Dined on 8/13/2014We went on a weeknight (Wine Wednesday!) and had a marvelous time. The bruschetta was amazing - the tomatoes were so fresh! The veal ravioli and lasagna bolognese were just enough different from standard fare as to make them outstanding. The wine list was plentiful, and our server (David) had helpful input. We were glad that we went with his recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonBDined on 8/8/2014Mio is one of my favorite restaurants in the KC area. Food and service always top notch. Great wine list. Just an enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:
- Italian LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I dined at Mio Saturday night. It had been a year since our last experience. Not sure why it took so long to return, but we will go back soon. We enjoyed our evening very much. The salads; tasty and fresh. The lamb chops deliciously seasoned and cooked to the perfect temp. The chicken saltimbocca was moist and so good. Thought we couldn't eat another bite, but the limoncello tiramisu was very special. Not too tart. Just the perfect end to a wonderful Italian meal. Also, our charming waiter served us delightful butter cookies with our espresso. He was very helpful with suggestions so we would not overdue. We shared the creamy fettuccine as an appetizer. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdineDined on 7/31/2014Good food, ambiance,service and location. Small menu is a plus.Special Features:
- EdEdwinVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food prepared wonderfully as always. Special dietary needs met with grace and friendliness. Wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Mio reviewgqjhawkDined on 7/27/2014The ambiance is not there as it is a strip mall but the food and service were great. The waitrees was fun and kept us supplied with wonderful olive oil bread dip!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSTmeyerDined on 7/27/2014We got a Groupon for this restaurant to give it a shot and were definitely pleased. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. The prices were very reasonable and the portion size was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryChigalDined on 7/27/2014Excellent meal. Every aspect was done well; salad, entrée, dessert. Our waitress was terrific. She knew the menu perfectly and was helpful without overbearing. Appreciated that she knew when to come by and did not incessantly ask how the food was. She probably already knew it was outstanding. Limoncello tiramisu was unique and heavenly. Give this play a try for sure.Special Features:
- Dinner ExperienceVLW01Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent and the servers were outstanding. Really made you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Mio'sOPKSdinerDined on 7/26/2014Mio's is a gem! A lovely Italian restaurant in a very low key small shopping center. They have an outstanding selection of traditional Italian dishes to choose from. The star of the show is their Lasagna Al Forno! Delicious! Friends also tried the Salmone alla griglia and raved about it. Julian J. Viso is the executive chef and does a fantastic job (he will visit your table). They live by their core principles of providing "Authentic, Fresh and Wholesome" cuisine. We have tried Mio's twice and would highly recommend it. Both our visits were enjoyable experiences. Last Saturday evening the restaurant was full and that might have put our server under a bit of pressure, but the service was very good and generally prompt.Special Features:
- Great food! Great service.8moreDined on 7/24/2014We loved our entrees and the salads were outstanding. We found it to be a great place for dinner and conversation.Special Features:
- Ceasar saladirokkcDined on 7/23/2014I did not like it. Servers knowledge of the wine list was lacking. Overall very much like a traditional tratorria.Special Features:
- Good Italian134HawkDined on 7/23/2014We were first time diners after reading and hearing many reviews of the restaurant. Overall we enjoyed the busy Weds. night dining experience. Food servings ample and reasonably priced. The $35 bottle of wine was enjoyable but not anything special, but that's what you get in a restaurant for that money. Weds. night offers free appetizers with a bottle of wine, a good deal and good food. My 2 complaints are related to the dining room itself. First the room is nothing special, but typical of what one sees more often in suburban shopping centers. The space faces south, the glare made it impossible to see one's diner partner if you're looking south, as about half the tables did. We plan to return, hopefully with a better table orientation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Good food at a reasonable price but the tables are too close together making our dining less than enjoyable. On the right a patron was loudly discussing how disgruntled she was with work and on the other side a diner wanted everyone to know that he was a wine expert he as engaged the waiter in a long, loud conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMikeVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner at Mio's on Saturday. What made it outstanding was our waiter Matt! He was very conversant and encouraged us to try things outside our comfort zone. Mio's is a great place for a fairly inexpensive evening of food.Special Features:
- luvtheplazaDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit and it was my husband's birthday. We had been told it was great so sometimes expectations are set too high. It was beyond our expectations. We had a great waiter who was very knowledgable about their wine list. The wine and food were spectacular and we can't wait to go their again for our anniversary.Special Features:
- a good find!microbesVIPDined on 7/15/2014We ate for the first time this week at Mio, and were pleasantly surprised to find a red wine we had drunk in northern Italy on a trip with another couple. It was priced reasonably. We enjoyed the food as well. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Just okClexVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been here many times before. Unfortunately this was not one of the best visits. Slow service, long after being seated the waiter came over and said oh I forgot to give you bread, this was after I had to flag him down. Food was average. A couple seated long after we were finished with their meal and left before we even got our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dineusafunVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our waiter John did a fantastic job. The wine was great as was the ravioli dish and the saltibocca. Good portions and good pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always and everALWAYSVIPDined on 7/10/2014Best restaurant south of seventy fifth street. Go there often and have never been disappointed. When there, ask for Dawana. One of the best servers I've had anywhere.Special Features:
- authentic ItalianopfoodiesVIPDined on 7/6/2014We started with a bottle of Moretti and then ordered the watercress salad with hearts of palm, tomatoes, and avocado and a cup of minestrone soup. The flavors were fresh and well presented. For our main courses we had the salmon and the linguini with seafood both of which were moderate tasty portions. Warm bread was served with an olive oil dipping sauce. We were too full to order dessert and had enough leftover to bring our daughter a delicious snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service with average foodVirginiaDined on 7/5/2014Our waiter was incredibly slow...table net to us was seated after us and completed their meal before we even rec'd our bread. Food was ok and atmosphere was fine although the tables are really close together so not a lot of privacy.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service.Jamjor2014Dined on 7/5/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Great food, service, wine list and ambience! Quite a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014Julian is an excellent chef and manager. Be sure to try the pork chop - delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent - as alwaysKendalVIPDined on 7/3/2014wonderful food, great ambiance, went with friends this time and everyone loved it. thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent food!KrisDined on 7/1/2014Great $30 Italian wine bottle list! Everything is made from scratch and the service was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Italian; But, terrible Service!VicPickVIPDined on 6/27/2014First, the unpolished waitress, brought my husband a glass of Chianti--or so she thought. Clue to waitress--Chianti is RED, not white. Next, my salad, ordered with dressing on the side, came with no dressing. Then, we waited and waited for dinner to arrive. The chef comes over and asks how we're enjoying things. After telling him that we've been waiting a LOOOOONG time for dinner. He tells us that it's Friday night, he's very busy, and we've only been waiting 25 minutes. Then, he says, I'll have your dinners right out. He's true to his word, which means that the dinners were just sitting around waiting to be served. Meals were good, but not memorable. Check was wrong, too! This was our third and last time at Mio.
- TerrificLizzieDined on 6/24/2014OUr evening at Mio was great. The food is always "the best". Interesting and wonderful. Friendly service from everyone..including Chef! Thanks for another delicious dining experience.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerLarryDined on 6/15/2014We had great service and a wonderful dinner, as usual. We have never been disappointed at Mio'sSpecial Features:
- hungrypatronDined on 6/13/2014We celebrated our fifty fourth marriage anniversary at Mio's and we found the service and food to be excellent. We were greeted by very friendly hosts and got great tips from the restaurants wine expert. Would recommend Mio's for any dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & crampedfredDined on 6/13/2014First time visit to Mio, the menu had looked promising. Must have had the worst table in the small cramped restaurant at the end of bar. The noise level was too high to easily carry on a conversation. Generally the entre selections by our group of four were enjoyed. The bruschetta was a kind of build our own with a bowl of chopped tomato mix to be spooned on to the bread. The server was attentive, but tended to reach in front and across us to serve or pick up plates and glasses instead of from behind, but it was crowded.
- pjsoDined on 6/9/2014Our dinner was a delightful experience. Both food and service were excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best of Italygoodfood4usDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful service and all our food was prepared great and was delicious! Very nice wine list too. We will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIVE STAR ALL THE WAYALWAYSVIPDined on 6/6/2014Outstanding food and exemplary service are the Hallmark at Mios. Chef always comes to table and shakes your hand and is very friendly. Mios is beyond a doubt one of the top three eateries south of the river. Go! Don't miss it. Bill McKedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite good enoughKCScottVIPDined on 6/6/2014I really want to like Mio because of several reasons. It's close to my home, the people working there are nice and seem to be trying hard but it's just not good enough to make me want to come back. I've eaten there three times over the past couple of years and each time I leave having liked a few items but having loved nothing. The salads are pretty weak. The appetizers we've tried have been good but the entrees I've had have not been anything special and I've tried something different each time. I love the reasonably priced wines on the wine list but this is not a good enough reason to keep coming back. I can't give them a recommendation.