Mint The Restaurant
1000 Highland Colony Pkwy
Ridgeland, MS 39157Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Mint The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.minttherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 601-898-6468
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: David Ferris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mint The Restaurant
Voted Jackson's "Best New Restaurant" in 2009, Mint the Restaurant serves eclectic southern-inspired cuisine. Dine in one of Mint's multiple dining rooms that can provide just the right setting from serious business to a romantic dinner for two. Try some of Jackson's best cocktails under the famous red chandelierContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mint The Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ridgeland ›
Mint The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good but could be better!!MinimusicDined on 9/13/2014The Mint had great food and great location but it took us an hour AFTER we had ordered our food to receive any kind of service including the entree'. That was a special night for my wife and I but could complete it because we waited too long for our food there and there was only 5 tables being occupied that whole night. Let's do better Mint!!Special Features:
- My new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My friend and I try to meet at a new restuarant for drinks once a month. But after going to MINT for the first time, we are hooked. We enjoyed our food and had a great experience. We plan to return again, very soon.Special Features:
- Something differentSkegeeDined on 7/18/2014Mint really seems to make a point not offering the same fare in the same tradition as others. While the menu is not vast it is quite diverse but definitely enough for those that are not adventurous. The DUCK nachos are TRuLY worth the visit alone! I have never ordered duck as a meal, not on my list of fave proteins. I will NOT dine their without sharing this huge appetizer. I've never seen anything like them anywhere i've lived. And i've lived a few places. Thanks Mint.Special Features:
- FoodM6789Dined on 7/5/2014I ordered the chicken and waffles and hamburger minis. The burgers were very dry and the syrup that was on the chicken and waffles had an overpowering alcohol taste that I later found out was Bourbon.Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Mint The Restaurant reviews archive.
- The Mint - my go toMrCleanDined on 6/28/2014Excellent all the way around. Haven't had anything yet that wasn't delicious. Service is always awesome and super friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent service! Great foodTlhkrDined on 6/26/2014Our waitress was the best. So attentive and so friendly. We had a group of 6 for a birthday dinner, and she was so wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe Not Sunday?BeefeaterDined on 6/15/2014We dined at Mint this past Sunday evening because it was one of the only "Nicer" restaurants open on Sunday for dinner. Out of our party of six, four received food that was only warm, and one of those was a ribeye, requested med/rare but served black and blue. It's entirely possible that this was due to the day of the week; Few people were in the restaurant, many of those that were there had small children with them. Perhaps the "A" game wasn't being brought. But, that being the case, maybe the restaurant shouldn't stay open on Sunday.
- Must visitGottaGoDined on 6/12/2014The service was great. The waitress was very attentive and the food was delicious. I made our reservation online for our anniversary. We we greeted at the door and immediately taken to our table. Everyone acknowledged our anniversary which made it special. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but needs some "tweaks"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great (blackened salmon and greens were the best I have ever had!). Salad was also very good. Dessert was way too sweet and we all expected a little more refined taste for this nice of an establishment (items were banana pudding and bread pudding). Sitting was a little awkward and close to other diners but we were located on a busy corner where staff was constantly coming/going to kitchen so make sure to ask for a more private spot. Waitress although very friendly did not keep drinks refilled quickly enough and it wasn't that busy - and the margaritas were very generic with little alcohol. We should have chosen wine - our mistake. Would dine here again for sure just based on the great food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014We were seated at a table by the bar and the bar area was so loud we could not hear each other speak. The beignets were excellent! Better than cafe de monde in New Orleans.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be!!!c2coolerDined on 5/23/2014I've been to Mint quite a few times, but won't be going back. Went on a Friday night at 7 and there were diners at only 4 tables! Our server was HORRIBLE. We had to ask 2 other servers for drink refills and once we ordered, it was exactly 1.5 hours until we got our entrees!!
- Mint the RestaurantRunToEatDined on 5/20/2014I found Mint while searching for a place near my hotel. I asked several friends their opinion and they responded with praise. The service was very good. The food was prepared well and the ingredients were high quality. I would recommend Mint as a reasonably priced, well above average restaurant to visit if you are in the vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Not that great, not that bad. Nothing really moved me. Could have cooked it all better at home.
- Mother's Day DisappointmentbummedmumDined on 5/11/2014Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and things went downhill from there. The only positive in our visit was our waitress! Unfortunately, I was so perturbed that I did not get her name.Special Features:
- The Mint, RidgelandmintyummyDined on 5/11/2014What a wonderful surprise! Several friends recommended this restaurant and we finally tried it! Fantastic! Great menu, great service, reasonable and delicious! Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Great Southern experience!MissEppyDined on 5/9/2014The food, service and atmosphere were all great! The filet was absolutely delicious! The cedar plank salmon and swordfish were winners, as well. I highly recommend The Mint!Special Features:
- Great service and great food.DonnaBelievesDined on 4/10/2014I loved the atmosphere and the food. Pretty decent prices and great food.Special Features:
- A bit loud for a businessYumyumVIPDined on 4/1/2014A bit loud for a business lunch and warm but good service and very good food
- Bubbles Bar BustHungryMeDined on 3/30/2014We went specifically for the Bubbles Bar (a one-price all-you-can-drink Champagne/fruit/fruit juice bar served at Sunday Brunch). We arrived at 12:15 pm and were told that they were sold out. There was a table of women nearby us who were drinking their mimosas and such. The waiter said there was only one bottle of bubbly left in the whole restaurant. The bartender said there was none. The women at the other table were told there were 11 bottles left. We were not even allowed to order a glass of champagne from the menu (thinking that if there were one bottle left in the place, we could just have a glass). They apologized, but it seems crazy to advertise this for Sunday Brunch and be sold out that soon.
- Great diningLuvmintDined on 3/29/2014Greeted with smile. No long wait. Noise level medium. Great service. Excellent food. Great overall dining experience. Will dine at mint again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbiguousVal37Dined on 3/8/2014Very quite upbeat yet intimate dining to unwind for the week with the best bartender as well as staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We had the barbecue shrimp. Delish. Also had lobster Mac n cheez. Delish as well. You must try "mint".Special Features:
- NOT GOING BACK!DiningcoupleDined on 2/15/2014I took my wife to Mint for Valentines Day for a nice romantic dinner. When we tried to order our appetizers, they didn't have half of what was on the menu. We ended up ordering the calamari. For the main course, my wife ordered the flounder and I ordered the filet. When the calamari came out, it was a bit on the greasy side but still edible. When our dinners came out, my wife's dinner looked good and it tastes pretty good. My steak, which I ordered medium, came out well done and was charred on the outside. I sent the steak back. When the waiter finally brought out a new, it was seared on the outside and completely raw on the inside. So I ild the waiter, don't worry about trying to fix it now since my wife was already done with her dinner.
- Excellent EveningMrCleanDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful place to have a quiet dinner. Service was excellent and very happy. Food was wonderful. Shrimp & Grits this time was my choice and was amazing. So far everything I have ordered when dining has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for occasions!JordanDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife to Mint for Valentine's Day for a special occasion. We were both very satisfied with the service and the food. We started off with some sweet chili chicken bites and they were not to sweet or hot (flavor wise). We both had the pork tenderloin over sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes were perfect and that's coming from someone who is not fond of them! For desert we split beignets and they were the best I have ever had! I highly recommend Mint, even when it can get pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Service was great. We had a reservation. I recommend the chicken and waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good not exceptionalpatsytecDined on 2/14/2014food was good not exceptional my husbands steak, ordered medium was rare to med rare at best a little priceySpecial Features:
- Excellent BeignetsRobertHDined on 2/13/2014Mint is a very good restaurant with a good bar too. Food is always well prepared and very good. Excellent service is always provided. Their beignets are awesome, especially with the dipping sauces. Try a “new fashion” drink while you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing BrunchNolaBelleDined on 2/8/2014Mint is a beautiful restaurant, but the focus is clearly on the atmosphere and not the food. They are so very close to excellent, but miss on the minor details and a couple of big culinary ones. I recently had brunch and these are my thoughts. The bubble bar is great! The begniets are good, but the sauce is served in plastic cups. The chese biscuits are either packaged or overworked and cooked far in advance. The bacon should be cooked longer. The chicken and biscuit entree should be served with more than a couple of chicken tenders. The grits are absymal and need to be completely reworked. Big miss on the finer points of dining keep this place from being excellent, it is very dissapointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to experience4yearanniversaryDined on 2/7/2014The restaurant atmosphere was very cute and welcoming, but for the price of the food, I expected it to taste as good as it costs.Special Features:
- Need a changeSweetcakezDined on 1/18/2014The experience was not good... The waiter took the orders, then almost an hour later he comes back and says we only have two potatoes. Some of the food was burnt and tough to chew... The menu online is completely wrong, some of the entrees shown online were not on the menu... The waiter stated when asked about a certain entree.."oh that menu hasn't been updated in over a year"
- DisappointedHomerDined on 1/12/2014We were there for brunch. I had an omelet. It came with hash brown potatoes and nothing else: not even biscuits or toast. My wife had the mint breakfast which came with one biscuit. She ask for jelly or jam. The only kind they have is pepper jelly. Will try it for lunch and then decide if it stays on my list or is written off.
- Very pleasedFoodjunkieDined on 1/3/2014We were very pleased with the quality of food and service. Will frequent this restaurant.Special Features:
- Christmas LunchChristmasxlunchDined on 12/7/2013The food, service, table and Christmas decorations were very nice. It would have been nice to have some low-level Christmas music in the background, or jazz piano or something. That's the only recommendation that I have. Great for a lunch with friends, nice table, good service, good menu and food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and gritsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013Entree was overcooked and slightly burnt but the sauce was very good. The drink menu is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedWhitfieldDined on 11/23/2013We chose Mint because of easy interstate access for friends coming in from out if town. After reading terrible reviews on Urban Spoon we decided to try it any way. Too our surprise it was delicious!! I made sure I put a positive review on Urban Spoon! We'll be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!traveler55Dined on 11/2/2013Always enjoy Mints. The food is outstanding and service is good. We had a large group next to us and it was very loud which made it hard to hear sometimes. But other than that we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Lousy food. Completely unimaginativAbnerDined on 10/15/2013Lousy food. Completely unimaginative. Heavy, greasy, pseudo-cool southern creole Cajun.
- Great Romantic SettingRichDined on 10/4/2013Great place for date night and just husband and wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-to RestaurantDaveDDined on 5/12/2013One can always find reason to go to MINT! Whether it is cocktails in the bar, enjoying nice weather on the patio, having a date night in a booth, or a good evening meal or Sunday brunch with others, MINT always has pleased us. They have good food, good drinks, and good staff! Good, solid performance in all areas. We have never been dissapointed at MINT!Special Features: