Mint - LI
1 Ring Road West
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Mint - LI
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mintli.com/
- Phone: 5163078677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Gary Sikka
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Mint - LI
A Branch off of the Mint NY. Gary Sikka brings the City Dining experience to Long Island. Located next to the Roosevelt Field Mall features a beautifully lit dining area, outdoor dining, lounge, bar and a gorgeous Roof Top.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mint - LI reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Many options there...bar, lounge or dine! Food is excellent. Awesome Lychee Martini! Service is very accommodating and friendly. Will return.Special Features:
- HorribleMooky125Dined on 10/10/2014The food wasn't that good. Music started blasting in the middle of us eating. And they screwed up the drink order twice
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We like to go and try new dishes. We ordered three new things off the menu instead of our go to dishes. They were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SERVICEZIDDYDined on 9/26/2014PLACE WAS WAY TOO PRICEY.... NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK. DRINKS OVER PRICED AND THE FOOD, YOU HAVE TO ORDER EVERYTHING SEPARATELY. THE DESSERT WASNT THAT GOOD AND OF COURSE OVER PRICES.. .. NOT GOING BACK THERE. UNLESS I WIN THE LOTTERY.Special Features:
- dissapointingCaroldineDined on 9/12/2014So many small screaming kids which was inappropriate for the type of restaurant. The food was expensive, and my chicken tikka marsala was extremely dry. Everything is a la carte, so even the rice was extra. A small glass of wine was $11, just not worth the $$.
- Worst Ever.......SawnboyDined on 9/6/2014The service was bad. Had to sit at the bar to order dinner. Started of with the appitizers and it was down hill from there. They menu was confusing, indian dining mix with chinese and indoneasia cuisine. Food had no taste or flavor. Need to hire a good chef. At the end there was issues with the bill, gradurites and service charge was added waiters had no idea of what was been processed. In all its not worth having dinner or anything else at that spot.Special Features:
- LoverbabyDined on 8/28/2014I was over charged and did not receive anything the event planner said I would receive. We barely got food and it was bad food too. I had the worst experience of my life there for my 21st birthday. Worst decision. Never go there again 😢
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Twice we went to this restaurant. Once we left because the main dining room was having a party and they wanted to put us on the outside deck and it was cold. We went back and again was put on the outside deck. We decided to stay since it was a nice night. The food was good. The "runny chip" dessert was vile and tasted like it had been in the freezer for a few years.
- Eye captivating establishment!!!DiningconnoisseurDined on 7/18/2014The pictures on the website does not do this place justice. It is simply beautiful!!! It's spacious and the seating is extremely comfortable. The food was well prepared although the portions were quite controlled. Great place for taking pics of a special occasion. I Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is badNYCAG84VIPDined on 7/18/2014The food was OK. The service was poor, I had to ask for my drink three times just to get it. Not once did anyone ask how the food was and for a restaurant that has valet parking and one that tries to appear upscale, I have experienced better. The chicken tikka masala was quite standard and you would be better off at Café Spice at Roosevelt field and get exactly the same thing at the fast food.
- OK ExperienceYummyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Food was good, but portions were small. A la carte menu was confusing, and the server was no help as he barely spoke English. The only part of the experience that was enjoyable was sitting outside on the rooftop to eat.Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the Mint - LI reviews archive.
- Simply ExceptionalSpiceLoverDined on 6/26/2014I am in love with the crab cakes. Its a must for appetizers. I wanted to go back the next day just to have them. Service was good. I couldn't understand why there was still paper covering the wood floors, but other than that there was nice lighting and the food was tasty. I would have liked a little more seasoning in the chicken tikka masala, maybe a hint of ginger. The rice and naan was amazing along with the ginger basil chicken. Curry goat tasted more like pepperpot but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non starterdrfrogVIPDined on 6/25/2014Had reservations for anniversary dinner. First floor looked as if it was being renovated so sat upstairs. Within 10 minutes of sitting down, hostess indicated that a planned party was larger than anticipated and asked us to move outside (we had already declined to sit outdoors when we came). We moved outdoors as there was no other option at that point. First shown to a high bar table which would be inadequate for dinner and then to another table next to bar (place 2/3s empty). Table was uncomfortable, cushions damp. We left. Never ate a morsel of food so can't say anything about that, but the service!!
- Roof top diningscbobgynVIPDined on 6/24/2014I tried two consecutive nights to dine on roof top portion of restaurant .Despite calling the second time still no success.Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutHonestdinersDined on 6/15/2014The drinks were amazing, the food was average, appetizers were served for 3 and the fourth person waited another 20 minutes. The wait time for the main course had us thinking that we were forgotten. The odor that came from our waiter's arm pit took out appetite away. The odor was the same for the bus boy. The place is beautiful but the service is poor. Expected a better experience from the Indians. Could have had much better for over $200.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Horrible service....will never go back.. There server was very unfriendly...our meal came out like half an hour after it was place and was cold.
- Good Food at Mint LILrmstoyDined on 6/7/2014Food was good, not as good as my last visit. Prices are kind of high for what you get. They do not even include rice with your entree. You have to order as a side dish. They should put something on the table to nosh on while you wait for your dinner to arrive, naan and something to put on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed! Never again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014Had gone there to enjoy a great evening but was very disappointed. It was all downhill from the start. Have never been asked to place an order at any restaurant with the words, "So, what do you want?". We should have left right then. In brief, the chicken was under cooked. The glasses and the cutlery were dirty. The naan we ordered was extremely dry. They were holding a private party on the lower level. The music was deafening. I later came to find out from friends that is the case almost every weekend. We couldn't wait to leave!
- OkFoodie31Dined on 5/31/2014We went here for lunch and they had buffet going on. They also had cut the dining room to make room for a loud party. Service was ok. The servers were too busy accomodating the party going on. Buffet was ok also. Food needed to be replenished and none of the waiters seemed to notice. Probably wont be back here anytime soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Food was OK service was terrible. I would not recommend.
- Rude StaffnomnomDined on 5/23/2014I made a reservation and a few hours later received 3 phone calls spammed within 10 minutes. They never left a voicemail and just kept calling back. I thought that was a little rude. They were calling to cancel my reservation and to reschedule me. I reluctantly rescheduled for an hour and a half later from 7 to 8:30. When we arrived, the hostess was on her cell phone and I had to say something before she looked up. The bar tenders and servers were attentive even though there was a huge wedding party going on. The food was also great. I'd probably go back just for the food, in hopes that the overall experience is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divaVIPDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is good if you want to lounge with some drinks... but if you're going for food, they only have sofas / cabanas to eat at and no table to place your plate, so you eat on your lap. Plus, since it's mainly buffet style, you don't have a server and it is very difficult to flag one down for a cocktail or a glass of water or even an extra napkin. But the cabanas and lounge atmosphere on the rooftop make it really perfect for cocktails!
- More like a club than a restaurantMickoDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations here with family and young children thinking I will have a nice sit down meal but instead we were detoured around a loud "club scene" instead of a restaurant. I was highly dissappointed. The waiter was disorganized and forgot one of our orders, the glass cups had lipstick stains on the rims and the food portions were extremely small. Be pre-warned that there is no elevator to take you upstairs if they want to seat you there, you will be ignored throughout your meal and the waiter will add an item on your bill without your prior acknowledgment.Special Features:
- No copycat menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Dishes was just infused w sweet and spice that just leaves an unforgettable taste onto ur palate. Dining decor was satisfactory upstairs must be gorgeous but they had a party going on. I made reserv and tried Havana first was crazy crowded thank goodness Mint was available and the choice was great. Did go to havana for drinks and music to wine the nite down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoylifeDined on 5/10/2014Service was horrible. The staff was getting ready for a big gathering and preety much ignored us. Noise level was way to loud. Couldnt even have a conversation. Food was good though but not worth the frustration and price.
- Good food!yummydiningDined on 5/2/2014Mint had a wonderful selection, we went during Long Island Restaurant week and there was a wonderful menu picked out. The food was delicious, and the service was good until towards the end of the meal, the waiter seemed to be harder to find and it took a while to get our desert and our check. Overall, I would suggest this restaurant to a friend with a mindful thought on service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Different Twist on Indian FoodTommy55VIPDined on 4/18/2014Mint is has become one of my favorite restaurants and offers a unique and refreshing take on Indian food. All dishes are expertly prepared with fresh ingredients. The wait staff is wonderful and extremely knowledgeable about all offerings. On a recent visit, our waiter was extremely helpful in making both appetizer and entre recommendations that were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceManyVIPDined on 4/12/2014The place was dirty. The tables had place mats also dirty. The food was bad.the service was bad. Bad,bad,bad...
- just ate thereAnnetteDined on 4/3/2014I went to Mint with a friend on Thursday night for her birthday.We ordered Indian food. It was very good but everything was ala cart. So I feel this place is toopricey for what you get.!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- If U like Indian, go hereTuesdayLunchVIPDined on 3/25/2014We have a weekly lunch and decided on Indian for a change. Mint was one of a few local choices and we are happy we went there. Due to the size of our group, 9, we decided on the buffet. The variety of choices were great and satisfied those who were looking for lighter fare as well as heartier dishes. There was a good mix of meat and vegetables and plenty of Nan to go with all the items. The spice was moderate to strong but in the very good Indian cuisine way. Enjoy this place when you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its usual standardkittyVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food remains very good, but the service has deteriorated significantly, at least on this visit. 3 out of 4 glasses were not clean and had to be returned. The rest rooms likewise were very unpleasant.Special Features:
- Great experience!!!!!EcuabugDined on 3/14/2014I wanted to take my wife to a different restaurant and found this gem. As I entered,the ambience was very chic...we were approached by the hostess who quickly ushered us our table where we were served by Don. He was by far one of the best waiters I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Look for him if you go here. The manager also approached us and was also very pleasant. I would definitely recommend Mint. Want to go back to see their Saturday evening after hours crowd. Try the large ocean tini you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyableswtshopper7Dined on 3/2/2014The decor was appealing. The service was above average. Our server was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The food was good. Serving sizes were a little smaller than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As UpscaleJLCM74Dined on 2/26/2014It wasnt what I thought it would be. From the outside it looked like an upsacle eating estiblishment, but when you walked in it was a little run down for the prices they are asking. the servers were not very friendly, didnt come to refill drink and I was the only one in the resturant. It was a nice experience, but I will not return nor recommend.Special Features:
- Best Indian Brunch EverMerryDinerDined on 2/16/2014Loved the delicate Indian spices, the flavors, the sauces and the culinary experience of Mint. Can't wait to brunch here again. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine nightLovetoeatoutDined on 2/14/2014The decor was awesome, the atmosphere was great and the good was delish. My only issue was that the server did not know who ordered what. He actually started to give it to the table netbo us then asked them if they was sure it wasn't theirs. That started a round of jokes with the next table. lovely couple. Other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to Mint!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014I was celebrating my bday and had a group of 9 this past weekend so I decided to go of Mint. My reservation was for 7:30 and our table was waiting for us. We were all seated and didn't get any menus. So we waited about 15 minutes before we said something. When we got menus, they only gave us 4 and told us to share; very odd! Then the water guy comes and we get water for the table. We are sitting there again for about 30 minutes and not a soul came by to take our order. We even asked if a waiter can come by, and they told us he was coming. Because it was my bday and I brought all my friends, it was totally embarrassing. So we all decided to walk out! This has never happened to me and we all for sure won't be going back to Mint!
- Food was great !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014We thought the food was outstanding ! When we arrived at 630 the restaurant was empty we were greeted very nicely by the Hostess She took us to a table right near the kitchen is was a big turn off to us especially when the restaurant was not full 1st mistake bad move for the Hostess. The waiter was very sweet but may have been new and didn't know small details about the food 2nd mistake. So the 3rd went to the Ladies room not good as your walking there if there is a man in the Mens room you can see a nice view of the urinal not good Usually 3 strikes your out but not in this case We LOVED the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food and the serviceLongIslandgirlDined on 1/17/2014Loved the food and the service but it was way too quiet. They could use some music.Special Features: