504 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9199296188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Mint
The history of Indian food tells us that during the reign of the British Empire in India (the British Raj), the local cuisine was considered by the Europeans closely to what Gods taught of ambrosia: a delightful, heavenly and delicate dish. Indian dishes can easily be considered some of the world’s most flavorful. The large variety of appetizers, snacks, side dishes and desserts have found numerous fans on an international scale. Combining all tastes possible, the Indian cuisine is bound to satisfy spice-lovers, “salty” people and persons with a sweet tooth alike. At Mint we acknowledge our wonderful history and constantly strive to push the boundaries to modernize traditional authentic tastes and elevate them to new, interesting and fascinating delights. Join us at Mint Indian Cuisine while we explore the limits and discover new taste sensations and establish new “traditions” from a firm foundation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mint reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great First Ride!indianhotDined on 9/13/2014We have been planning to try Mint for a while as we are Indian food lovers. The wait staff was attentive (but not annoyingly so) and the food came out quickly and was received nice and hot. The food quality and taste was above average. The selections were somewhat limited but I get the feeling that everything on there is probably high quality and reasonably priced. Lamb in the Vindaloo was tender and tasty. Wine list left something to be desired. But, the house Merlot was reasonably priced and very good. We will return for the Sunday brunch, for sure.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT INDIAN FAREBexadventureDined on 7/11/2014I return as frequently as possible to Mint. The staff, ambiance, and especially the food are all excellent. My personal favorite is the Chicken Tikka Masala, but I tried two new dishes this time and loved them as well. Everything on the menu is worthy of trying. The weekend and lunch buffet is also a fantastic value and a good way to try new dishes. Thumbs up to a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent and plentiful foodToddDined on 7/11/2014We took a large group here (10+) and they seated us with no problem. The food was excellent, and the buffet was kept well stocked with fresh food. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting Indian food!Luv2trynewfoodsDined on 7/8/2014Our family has been here several times and have never had a bad meal or experience. Great food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been before & will come againdavidDined on 6/19/2014Tasty Indian food at a reasonable price in a pleasant atmosphere. Nothing to complain about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!amyvg113Dined on 6/17/2014My partner and I visited Mint on an impromptu date night last week. The staff were very kind and gracious, we had 3 people tending to us at different times but they were great about not interrupting us often during our meal. The food was amazing, portion sizes generous, and when we ended up having to box up a good portion of our meal they brought us a very sizable portion of extra basmati rice to take home with us at no extra cost. We will definitely return to Mint, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Mint reviews archive.