3341 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://minibarchicago.com/
- Phone: 7738716227x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for cocktails Tuesday- Sunday 9pm-2am, 3am Saturday
Brunch every Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information on catering events.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information. Able to host private events up to 200 people with a private area up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: John Dalton 7738716227x
- Entertainment: DJs and dancing on weekends.
- Special Events: Every night is special at Minibar :)
A word from minibar
In the heart of Halsted Street is minibar, a full-service bar in a hip, "hotel lounge" environment. Designed by 2004 Vox/Out award winner Kaufman Segal Design, minibar welcomes you with beautiful lounge seating and dazzling bar features.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
minibar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Exceptional Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014An old friend and I decided to attend Minibar for their brunch special with bottomless mimosas. Exceptional service by their staff and a great way to spend with friends catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MinibarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Food was great the ambiance was amazing a little noisy but Good and fun.Special Features:
- 2nd timenotsureDined on 9/21/2014This was my second time here for brunch. The first time the food was phenomenal. There was biscuits and gravy, a cheesy breakfast casserole and of course all the typical breakfast foods. This time around the food seemed half assed. Chicken was not flavorful and not a typical brunch food. The scrambled egg mixes were gross. I had a reservation for 8 ppl at noon and when I got there, there was no table for my group. What's the point of reservations if you are unprepared. The service staff was great though, they kept the drinks flowing and were super friendly. The crowd was not normal for Sunday brunch. Probably has a lot to do with the poor menu. Overall I would say this was mediocre at best. Which was sucked, last time was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the deal, stay for the food!BoodandFoozeDined on 9/21/2014My friends and I went for sunday brunch, and can I just say the food was so awesome! And the bottomless flavored momosa didn't hurt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bottomless mimosaschiGirlDined on 8/17/2014Me & a friend wen to there Sunday brunch. The service was great. I just wish they had a little bit more variety of food. But the mimosas were delicious & they kept the coming. The ambiance was nice. A couple of the patrons were loud but other than that it was an enjoyable experience. I will definitely be going again. FYI $25 a person for the brunch. It includes all you cam eat buffet & bottomless mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A great place for food and drinks with great company =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the minibar reviews archive.
- Great for brunch!ChicagoDinerDined on 5/25/2014Great service and food for a great price! Came here for brunch with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFoodieNtrngDined on 5/25/2014The brunch here is so good., They have a mimosa bar and brunch package for $25. That includes a bottle of champagne and all you can eat buffet. It was a little disappointed because when we we're say we were in the back of the bar in the dark and kind of sectioned off from all the other people dining. But they had too many reservations is what we were told. But that didn't dampen the experience too much. I would definitely recommend this place for brunch.Special Features:
- BrunchPanamaRubenDined on 4/27/2014I had a great time and definitely would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty bummedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I had heard amazing things about minibar's brunch, "the food is great, atmosphere is fun, bottomless mimosas, great Sunday brunch spot"! 4 of my friends and I went there & the food was mediocre at best, the mimosas were never refilled (+ my first glass had black floaty things all the way through it), we were there for about two hours and had only three drop by visits all from a different servers, the food all looked like different colored mush, it took us about 30 min to get our check (while we sat with empty champagne and water glasses) and when it came it was all wrong but nobody could fix it for us because out "server" dropped it off and went directly out the front door and didn't come back for 20 + minuets. Very disappointing experience
- It could have been great.Djohns120Dined on 4/6/2014I went for my birthday brunch this past Sunday after church. The reservation was originally for 10 but I had 14 show up and I was afraid some of my friends wouldn't be able to sit so I asked the server if we could get a few more place settings to squeeze in a few more and he said, "if you have more than what your reservation says then that's too bad because we are too busy to change your reservation last minute." I told the manager about the extra people and he promptly set about making space. So thank you for helping to make my birthday guests feel welcomed. The server however was slow in getting refils, didn't give us mimosa carafe replacements unless we asked multiple times and acted like we were a problem not his guests.Special Features:
- OutstandingDalejDined on 3/30/2014This is an amazing place to have brunch on a Sunday! The staff and good is outstanding! This is the only place I come to on Sundays!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCaptainDined on 3/30/2014It was nice and easy. The service was polite but sometimes difficult to keep up with the customers request, like maintaining water glasses full,etc. but overall it was a great experience. I would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great host and waiter serviceFoxyMikeDined on 3/9/2014We had a very large group but everyone was very accommodating. Thanks for a great experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?FrederickDined on 1/26/2014Been going to mini-bar brunch for several years and loved it. This was my first time back since the renovations which I found very dark and bland. I liked it better before. The noise level was way much higher than usual and we had to scream to talk to one another. When we went up to the buffet half the food was gone and took forever for it to be replenished. I have always loved this place and I am hoping this was just an off day for them. I will give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch around the worldFoxyMikeDined on 1/12/2014Mini is doing a new Sunday brunch around the world featuring different cuisines from countries. It works really well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Great food and so much fun with the staff and great music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatMillzDined on 11/17/2013Mini bar was referred to me by a friend for great food & atmosphere and boy were they right. I had my birthday brunch here & my guests and I were pleasantly surprised. The food, atmosphere, workers, and drinks were great! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and yummy!pinkieleeDined on 11/3/2013Food was great, big variety for brunch. Mimosas kept flowing. We were seated in the basement, which felt like a dungeon, but was nice to get some stair activity every time we went for another plate of food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT IMPROMPTU STOPDJLARRYPEACEDined on 10/27/2013We were informed about Minibar's brunch at the spur of the moment, so we made a reservation (a quick and simple online process) and had a wonderful brunch. Staff was friendly and attentive. The music was fun and energetic. We will surely be back for more when we return to chicago. Thanks Minibar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boozy BrunchGrowingUpChicagoDined on 9/29/2013This is a great spot for boozy brunch. The music is fun and lively and the brunch buffet is decent, but not amazing. The waiters frequently come by to keep your drink filled. You will never be lacking in mimosas your entire brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome weekend brunch...always!NellDined on 9/8/2013I totally love the Sunday brunch experience. The food is delicious, the wait staff are welcoming and attentive and the unlimited mimosas keep the great experience going. I introduced an out of town friend to the brunch and now he's hooked! Every time he comes to town, we know exactly what we are doing Sunday afternoon--without question! Even my in town friends love the ambiance and selection. And for the price, you really can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time! Waiters were funOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2013Great time! Waiters were fun and took care of us, music was good as well. Food was decent, pretty standard, but we followed the waiters recommendations for drinks and they were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make New FriendsEfriendDined on 8/4/2013This place always offers a great team who take care of you from the moment you walk in the door. Come with a large group or small group and you are going to have a good time. The food is buffet style for brunch with a variety of options to choose from. Make reservations because they do book-up fast. This location has been named #1 brunch location in Chicago for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar, not a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2013I went to minibar some years ago for tapas and found it to be a nice place. Now it's transformed into a full-on bar yet still tries to maintain a restaurant component. I went for the Cher Champagne Brunch and was very very disappointed. If any of the food was prepared in-house, I'd be surprised. Pastries were stale and dull, chaffing dishes were full of grease-and-cheese laden fare. Hash brown potatoes was more greasy brown mush covered in melted cheddar than potatoes. Everything tasted the same - mediocre at best. The music was at a volume you'd expect around midnight rather than around 11am. I know this was a music-themed brunch, but not being able to hold a conversation over the music is a problem.
- Fun Brunch SpotMelissaBDined on 7/7/2013The food is decent and the service is okay but it is a great deal. $25 for a brunch buffet and unlimited mimosas. A very fun atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Great casual drop in spotEricaDVIPDined on 6/28/2013Service is so friendly and helpful. Portions are excellent and a great value relative to price. A very good variety of choices hot and cold, big and small. Cocktails a bit overpriced but well made. Super pillow-like gnocchi, great salmon plate, excellent Wagyu sliders. Only the shrimp ceviche disappointed in its lack of flavor and texture. Great go-to spot for a minute or an hour. But beware if you want quiet conversation--music is played at full blast even in the afternoon!
- In town to celebrate a friends bdayFontGDined on 6/23/2013My group had an amazing time at Minib Bar. The staff was energetic and friendly. Had to change reservation from 4 to 6 a week prior and we were accommodated with no problem. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2013This place is awesome! The regular menu has great drinks, tapas, and flatbreads. All reasonably priced. The brunch buffet is an amazing deal! The buffet has really great items, and delicious mimosas! The service is amazing too! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved my experience!MannyDined on 5/19/2013Great place for brunch! Great service. Friendly host and relaxing ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open, but no one was there!katekDined on 5/3/2013It's probably not fair to only give one star since we didn't end up eating here. We would have liked to but the restaurant didn't seem to be open for business. (Open Table, you should offer a "not applicable" option for reviews!) We arrived for our 7 p.m. reservation about two minutes late. The door was open but no one was there to greet us. In fact, there wasn't a single soul around. There were boxes on the floor that looked like they had been just delivered. We called out to see if there was someone in the back but no one answered. It was a little spooky! After hanging around awkwardly for a couple of minutes, we left and went to a different restaurant.
- Late Night Food & Fun DancingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013We had tapas late night after a show at Sinzation, and the staff was very accommodating. Shout out to Zachary, most adorable and genuinely sweet person and waiter ever! Only negative - music so loud my ears are still bleeding today.Special Features:
- Everyone was really nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Everyone was really nice! Our waiter, Dante, was awesome! Food and beverages were great!Special Features:
- Excellent choice for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Minibar was a great find! Had brunch with a small group of friends while visiting Chi-town. Service was excellent and mimosas were perfection! We will definitely be returning on our next visit to Chicago.Special Features:
- I've come here a couple timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2013I've come here a couple times for their brunch ($20 buffet and bottomless mimosas). They're very accommodating of large groups, and they were able to seat people with us that were past our reservation limit. The waiters were very friendly and attentive. I wouldn't come here on a night out but definitely the morning/afternoon after definitely!Special Features:
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013This is a great place for friends, out of town guests, and whomever you want to feel like partying with on a Sunday at noon. The food was better than expected, even three types of salads! And the service was excellent, friendly and fun. Great mimosas. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Came from out of town to seeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Came from out of town to see Blue Man Group and found minibar for preshow brunch. TJ and Jarred were excellent. Super friendly and outgoing, they made us feel welcome and like old friends from when we walked in the door until we left. Food was limited but excellent. I will be craving the bacon until I someday pass this way again.
- Started out doing brunch earlierOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Started out doing brunch earlier on Sunday and I understand it was busy but our server was not very attentive. We were there for about 4 hours and our waters weren't even refilled once. We later on moved to the other side of the bar and everything changed completely. Our server Rico was amazing...so friendly and attentive...he was very communicative with us with every last detail...the other staff was a delight as well...Brian at the door was also very friendly and entertaining always with a smile on his face...I will ask for Rico anytime I go back
- The best part of the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2013The best part of the brunch was the free flowing mimosas. The buffet had ~6 food options and at least 3 of the 6 were consistently empty. A good place to go for drinks, but don't expect too much from the food option!Special Features:
- Great place for brunch!JeniDined on 3/10/2013We had an amazing time- the staff especially Donte was super friendly and welcoming.Special Features: