Mingos - Orlando
100 South Eola
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mingos - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mingos.com/
- Phone: 4077812539x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luis J Negron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday Evenings 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
A word from Mingos - Orlando
Mingos, located at the Sanctuary building, in the Lake Eola district, is a fine dining restaurant in a relaxed, modern atmoshpere . We feature fresh seafood, USDA beef steaks, signature items and homemade desserts. Enjoy our grande brunch buffet on Sundays while listening to live entertainment. We have one of the largest outdoor seating areas in Downtown Orlando for your enjoyment. Mingos has events throughout the week perfect for getting together with friends or date night. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday. We offer private dining and offsite catering. Reservations are suggested. We offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed.Continued
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Mingos - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Mingos - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (27)romantic (25)good for groups (21)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome Customer Service & FoodPeggyDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant has outstanding customer service. They truly know how to make a customer feel appreciated. The food was delicious. Very nice presentation, good portion size and out of this world taste! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Magical Dining Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time to this restaurant. Service, food and atmosphere were all excellent! We will be back for all you can eat crab on Saturday'sSpecial Features:
- Orlando Magical Dining - MingosMikeDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Flavors were great. Wife's said her scallops were cooked to perfection. Desert was just the right size.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Really appreciated the manager stopping by the table to deliver free champagne during Magical Dining! A very nice touch to a fine meal.
- Great AnniversaryOrlandoFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014The people at Mingos went out of their way to thank us for coming and to make sure our anniversary was perfect! We were overwhelmed by the service from the managers and the staff at Mingos. If there was anything lacking from the server the rest of the staff definitely made up for it.Special Features:
- Great for groups and casual datesnewbiDined on 9/12/2014Went for our one year anniversary, it was way too crowded and loud (Friday night) the piano was nice (or at least what we could hear). The food was great though and so was the service ..as far as drinks we had or rather ordered 5 different ones were truly let down. So go for the food avoid the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014The fish was great, service was responsive, food came out quickly. We went for magical dining month - great experience.Special Features:
- Great pre symphony diningWineprofDined on 9/8/2014Mingos has great service good food and modern ambiance. If you are attending an event in Orlando like the Symphony this is a great place for a drink or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A excellent evening!EastsiderDined on 9/6/2014We tried Mingo's after reviewing their menu on the Magical Dining website. The choice was an excellent decision! The service, food and attention to detail were top notch. We enjoyed our dining experience and plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Superior Service!MagicalDiningDined on 9/6/2014Everything about our experience exceeded expectations! From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted like Royalty and the service didn't stop there. Our server Cathleen was top-notch! On top of that the food was superb and the drinks were delicious! There was an acoustic guitar player and he just topped off the night for us. We would go back again and recommend it to anyone interested in a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a disappointment!UFGatorSLPDined on 9/5/2014Checked in with our reservation a few minutes early and we were told to grab a drink at the bar. We waited an HOUR and 15 minutes (checked in with hostesses 3 more x) and didn't get seated until 9:30! We told our babysitter we'd be gone for a couple hours at dinner and we didn't get home 'til 11:45! Our server hustled and wanted us to enjoy our night (she was fantastic) but eating your main course after 10 hardly makes you want to rave about the dining experience. Food and drinks were great, but who cares. No one offered anything to apologize for the horrible wait WITH a reservation. There are better options for Magical Dining to try. Despite living blocks away, I will definitely not be back.
- Slow and BusyMickeyDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has lovely decor is in a nice area but the service is terrible. We were a group of 5, we first arrived about 20 minutes early and so decided to go to the bar for a drink. We were acknowledged but the drinks took about 15 minutes and the bar was not really busy. Once the entire party was there even though our table was ready it took some time to be seated. Dinner dragged in between courses and the second round of drinks were terrible, they ran out of dessert, bread for the table and it took one of us to get out of our seats to get the salt and pepper. I did the Magic Dinning with some friends to test the place out. Never again! I almost forgot, they had live entertainment and recorded music going on at the same time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014i was not happy when i found my reservation was missing. we were sat at the bar next to extremely loud music where i could not even have a conversation. I was not happy with the table and wouldn't return because there were plenty of empty tables and we were snubbed.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We recently visited Mingos for the Magical dinning experience and to celebrate our anniversary. The service was beyond our expectations. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencehappyguyDined on 8/30/2014We live nearby and have been meaning to stop in and check it out. We were blown away by the quality of the food, the friendliness and great service from the staff, and the overall great vibe of this wonderful restaurant. I had the best crab cakes and Sea Bass I've ever had that evening. The freshness and quality of the food is outstanding. The preparation and creative side dishes are wonderful. The staff seems to really, really enjoy working there and they believe in what the Mingo's brand is all about. It was an absolute pleasure and we'll be back many, many times. There aren't many restaurants out there that offer this kind of dining at a reasonable price - or any price for that matter. Well done!!!!!Special Features:
- Rocket manRocketmanDined on 8/30/2014Great place. Good food. Great service! We enjoyed the dinning experience and the people where so good.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceLilLilDined on 8/29/2014Went here for Magical Dining month and will definately be back. The food, wine and service was phenominal. A bit pricey for me but will def return before Magical Dining ends.Special Features:
- Yummy and Wonderful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We came to Mingo's because of the Magical Dining promotion. I was aware several restaurants had failed in the same spot. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff was attentive, well-informed and friendly. The chef came out to check on our meal as well. The food itself was excellent and priced very well. I will return again, for sure. I hope it receives neighborhood support, since it can be "off the beaten path" for others. Try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placeMC143VIPDined on 8/23/2014We have gone to Mingos twice - once for Sunday brunch and once for dinner. The Sunday brunch was fantastic. Great selection of items, great dessert options (love the cake pops). Service is fantastic too! For dinner, we tried the all-you-can-eat crab legs dinner on Saturday. It was good...but I'm not sure I would do it again. It starts to get embarrassing to ask for plate-after-plate refills of crab legs! But the ambiance of Mingos is really nice and it has a nice vibe to it for sure. I hope this place succeeds!!Special Features:
- Awesome food!Shawshank72Dined on 8/23/2014Creative menu, excellent results. Our group of eight raved about their dishes - scallops were HUGE and perfectly cooked. Swordfish delicious, shrimp salad delicious, flanks steak crazy good. Only complaint was SLOWWWW drinks coming from bar. There was a private party in bar likely causing the delay, but no excuses for 20-30 minute wait for drinks ordered.Special Features:
- Never disappointsjodyDined on 8/10/2014The food at brunch is the best I ever had!!! Have taken family from out of town here on a Sunday. Fabulous. Love Aristedes as manager. He is awesome and makes sure you have the best experience. One can take all day trying the made to order omelets, pasta, waffles, pancakes, and, let's not forget the homemade dessert table and the unlimited mimosas or sangrias. you can also make your own bloody mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, food, and live music.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Went to dinner on a Friday night with a party of 6. We enjoyed the bar area and all were pleased with our cocktails. Dinner was so fresh and flavorful. Highly suggest the tuna tartar, the snapper, and the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2014Great service.. And always a special touch on birthdays to make that person feel so special. Thank you , Mingo's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night Outjames64Dined on 7/18/2014Late Happy Hour and dinner with friends. The noise level was perfect for conversation. Great bartender as cocktails were well made. Food was tasty and later into the evening there was great live music. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Brunch & More!james64Dined on 7/13/2014We loved this place!! Nice variety & healthy selections for brunch. The service was the best I've experienced in a long time! Try the soup of the day:) We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotmiggymanDined on 7/11/2014This place has great food, service, and atmosphere. Should be marketed better to draw a larger crowd, but overall awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerosullivanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great experience all the way around - food, service and ambiance. Had a great time. Mingo's is a little hidden in Orlando, definitely worth finding.Special Features:
- Mingo's GreatthewidowerDined on 7/7/2014Food was terrific and was only topped by terrific service. To top it off, being a Monday, it was jazz night and the live music was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicemysterychefDined on 6/29/2014the staff is very friendly and accommodating! the food was good and fresh. There are many selections including a pasta station, omlette station, fresh Belgian waffles made to order and delivered to your table. Carved strip loin of beef! we shall returnSpecial Features:
- Good brunchBridgeVIPDined on 6/29/20144 of us came for brunch. 2 got the buffet and 2 of us didn't. The food was very good, but those that got the buffet both agreed that it wasn't worth the money spent on it. Next time they will do the ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff but food disappointing!ZKBatesDined on 6/22/2014The cheese & meat roll ups, along with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage & home fries, were nothing special. The salmon was accompanied only by bagels, cc & capers. I would have liked sliced tomato & onion. The 3 salads were difficult to get at. The carved beef looked good but no sides so I never tried it. The sweet & sour soup was good, as were the choc cake pops! They also had an omelet station & a pancake/waffle station. I was surprised that they specialize in seafood yet there was none (besides the salmon) offered at brunch. The large party (staff outing from other property) seated next to us got very noisy/obnoxious while chugging champagne directly from the bottles on their table. The mgr did offer us a gift card to return, thank you!
- Food just OKNordicmanDined on 6/6/2014We were there early Friday evening and the place was nearly empty. I had read reviews and thought it would be great but it was just OK. Had the Sea Bass which was decent size but did not have a lot of flavor. Other meals in the group were rather bland as well. Not bad, just not as good as the reviews indicated.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Mingos - Orlando reviews archive.
- Hidden JewelWrightsaDined on 5/18/2014Was looking for a Sunday Brunch with friends from out of town on yelp, what a great find. Convenient location, valet parking, outstanding brunch & service. Diverse choice of tasty food & mimosas!!! A great find.Special Features:
- Elegant but REALLY loud for a TuesSteveVIPDined on 5/13/2014Food was fantastic. Elegantly prepared - natural ingredients. The service was impeccable. That alone is enough to return. I sat in a very quite dining room to begin my dinner, until I was served my entree - when a table of 18 very loud 35-60 yr old adults arrived without a reservation. They yelled across the table & had no regard for others in the dining area. Very annoying. So much so, that I needed to be moved to another room - which was unfortunately the bar area. The bar had some drunk elderly clients - 55+ yr olds who again yelled across the bar to each other. The staff apologized profusely for the noise & tried their best to keep me comfortable, but it didn't do too much good. The room has no soft ceilings/walls to absorb sound.Special Features:
- AwesomeTerrificGNODined on 5/13/2014For five 60+ ladies on their Girls Night Out it was a fantastic experience. We are interested in great wine, food and service. Mingos did not disappoint!!!!!!!Special Features:
- superb brunchjodyDined on 4/27/2014Can't say enough. The management is fantastic. The service goes above and beyond and are very attentive. For instance, our server saw us sitting without food for a period and brought over a sampling of the soup du jour. Also, our water glasses were always full and our mimosas were replenished without asking. Never felt rushed. The omelet, pasta, meat carving stations are staffed with very friendly, attentive chefs. The dessert table is full of bite size desserts, perfect for an ending. We went there for Easter Brunch and returned the following Sunday with my inlaws from out of state..the food is delicious......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotJeMangeVIPDined on 4/27/2014need additional umbrellas in the front outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My entire experience was superb! The staff was professional and very nice. I was acknowledged by staff as they walked by and that was a personable touch that many fine dinings need to embrace. AJ was absolutely Fantastic! He was Classy and paid attention to the details. I was celebrating my husband's birthday and AJ's serenade was simply Angelic. He really made the entire experience more enjoyable. I have been raving about this place every since. Oh and the food..Exquisite! Will definitely return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodBrendaDined on 4/26/2014The service at Mingos was top notch. Very attentive and well versed on their menu. The restaurant emphasizes fresh ingredients. The food my husband and I ordered was good but we were not wowed. My husband had a shrimp "scampi" style pasta that tasted nothing like shrimp scampi. It was lacking in flavor. I ordered a grilled shrimp and chorizo salad that was suppose to have a watermelon jalepeno dressing on it, but again, the dressing lacked flavor. I would like to give Mingos a second chance. The list of fresh fish and steaks sound wonderful and maybe a second visit might be better.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceCitrusDined on 4/22/20142 friends and I wanted a nice meal prior to the show at the Bob Carr so we narrowed it down between Citrus and Mingo's. Have had fantastic meals at Citrus so we decided to give Mingo's a try since the menu looked appetizing. Big mistake. All 3 of us ordered steaks, 1 FILET-MED WELL, 1 NY Strip-MED and the BIG Tomahawk Ribeye-RARE (black & blue). 45 minutes later we received our steaks... 1Hockey puck Filet, 1 WELL DONE NY Strip and 1 MED WELL Tomahawk Ribeye. There was no time to re-order so we ended up leaving only eating our sides. The manager was genuinely upset that this happened and did comp our meals. Only 2 other tables were occupied at the same time we were there which should have been a clue on the popularity of the restaurant.