Mingos - Orlando
100 South Eola
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mingos - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mingos.com/
- Phone: 4077812539x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luis J Negron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday Evenings 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
A word from Mingos - Orlando
Mingos, located at the Sanctuary building, in the Lake Eola district, is a fine dining restaurant in a relaxed, modern atmoshpere . We feature fresh seafood, USDA beef steaks, signature items and homemade desserts. Enjoy our grande brunch buffet on Sundays while listening to live entertainment. We have one of the largest outdoor seating areas in Downtown Orlando for your enjoyment. Mingos has events throughout the week perfect for getting together with friends or date night. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday. We offer private dining and offsite catering. Reservations are suggested. We offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed.Continued
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Mingos - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Mingos - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (22)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (13)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Never disappointsjodyDined on 8/10/2014The food at brunch is the best I ever had!!! Have taken family from out of town here on a Sunday. Fabulous. Love Aristedes as manager. He is awesome and makes sure you have the best experience. One can take all day trying the made to order omelets, pasta, waffles, pancakes, and, let's not forget the homemade dessert table and the unlimited mimosas or sangrias. you can also make your own bloody mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, food, and live music.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Went to dinner on a Friday night with a party of 6. We enjoyed the bar area and all were pleased with our cocktails. Dinner was so fresh and flavorful. Highly suggest the tuna tartar, the snapper, and the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2014Great service.. And always a special touch on birthdays to make that person feel so special. Thank you , Mingo's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night Outjames64Dined on 7/18/2014Late Happy Hour and dinner with friends. The noise level was perfect for conversation. Great bartender as cocktails were well made. Food was tasty and later into the evening there was great live music. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Brunch & More!james64Dined on 7/13/2014We loved this place!! Nice variety & healthy selections for brunch. The service was the best I've experienced in a long time! Try the soup of the day:) We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotmiggymanDined on 7/11/2014This place has great food, service, and atmosphere. Should be marketed better to draw a larger crowd, but overall awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerosullivanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great experience all the way around - food, service and ambiance. Had a great time. Mingo's is a little hidden in Orlando, definitely worth finding.Special Features:
- Mingo's GreatthewidowerDined on 7/7/2014Food was terrific and was only topped by terrific service. To top it off, being a Monday, it was jazz night and the live music was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicemysterychefDined on 6/29/2014the staff is very friendly and accommodating! the food was good and fresh. There are many selections including a pasta station, omlette station, fresh Belgian waffles made to order and delivered to your table. Carved strip loin of beef! we shall returnSpecial Features:
- Good brunchBridgeVIPDined on 6/29/20144 of us came for brunch. 2 got the buffet and 2 of us didn't. The food was very good, but those that got the buffet both agreed that it wasn't worth the money spent on it. Next time they will do the ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff but food disappointing!ZKBatesDined on 6/22/2014The cheese & meat roll ups, along with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage & home fries, were nothing special. The salmon was accompanied only by bagels, cc & capers. I would have liked sliced tomato & onion. The 3 salads were difficult to get at. The carved beef looked good but no sides so I never tried it. The sweet & sour soup was good, as were the choc cake pops! They also had an omelet station & a pancake/waffle station. I was surprised that they specialize in seafood yet there was none (besides the salmon) offered at brunch. The large party (staff outing from other property) seated next to us got very noisy/obnoxious while chugging champagne directly from the bottles on their table. The mgr did offer us a gift card to return, thank you!
- Food just OKNordicmanDined on 6/6/2014We were there early Friday evening and the place was nearly empty. I had read reviews and thought it would be great but it was just OK. Had the Sea Bass which was decent size but did not have a lot of flavor. Other meals in the group were rather bland as well. Not bad, just not as good as the reviews indicated.
- Hidden JewelWrightsaDined on 5/18/2014Was looking for a Sunday Brunch with friends from out of town on yelp, what a great find. Convenient location, valet parking, outstanding brunch & service. Diverse choice of tasty food & mimosas!!! A great find.Special Features:
- Elegant but REALLY loud for a TuesSteveVIPDined on 5/13/2014Food was fantastic. Elegantly prepared - natural ingredients. The service was impeccable. That alone is enough to return. I sat in a very quite dining room to begin my dinner, until I was served my entree - when a table of 18 very loud 35-60 yr old adults arrived without a reservation. They yelled across the table & had no regard for others in the dining area. Very annoying. So much so, that I needed to be moved to another room - which was unfortunately the bar area. The bar had some drunk elderly clients - 55+ yr olds who again yelled across the bar to each other. The staff apologized profusely for the noise & tried their best to keep me comfortable, but it didn't do too much good. The room has no soft ceilings/walls to absorb sound.Special Features:
- AwesomeTerrificGNODined on 5/13/2014For five 60+ ladies on their Girls Night Out it was a fantastic experience. We are interested in great wine, food and service. Mingos did not disappoint!!!!!!!Special Features:
- superb brunchjodyDined on 4/27/2014Can't say enough. The management is fantastic. The service goes above and beyond and are very attentive. For instance, our server saw us sitting without food for a period and brought over a sampling of the soup du jour. Also, our water glasses were always full and our mimosas were replenished without asking. Never felt rushed. The omelet, pasta, meat carving stations are staffed with very friendly, attentive chefs. The dessert table is full of bite size desserts, perfect for an ending. We went there for Easter Brunch and returned the following Sunday with my inlaws from out of state..the food is delicious......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotJeMangeVIPDined on 4/27/2014need additional umbrellas in the front outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My entire experience was superb! The staff was professional and very nice. I was acknowledged by staff as they walked by and that was a personable touch that many fine dinings need to embrace. AJ was absolutely Fantastic! He was Classy and paid attention to the details. I was celebrating my husband's birthday and AJ's serenade was simply Angelic. He really made the entire experience more enjoyable. I have been raving about this place every since. Oh and the food..Exquisite! Will definitely return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodBrendaDined on 4/26/2014The service at Mingos was top notch. Very attentive and well versed on their menu. The restaurant emphasizes fresh ingredients. The food my husband and I ordered was good but we were not wowed. My husband had a shrimp "scampi" style pasta that tasted nothing like shrimp scampi. It was lacking in flavor. I ordered a grilled shrimp and chorizo salad that was suppose to have a watermelon jalepeno dressing on it, but again, the dressing lacked flavor. I would like to give Mingos a second chance. The list of fresh fish and steaks sound wonderful and maybe a second visit might be better.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Mingos - Orlando reviews archive.
- Horrible ExperienceCitrusDined on 4/22/20142 friends and I wanted a nice meal prior to the show at the Bob Carr so we narrowed it down between Citrus and Mingo's. Have had fantastic meals at Citrus so we decided to give Mingo's a try since the menu looked appetizing. Big mistake. All 3 of us ordered steaks, 1 FILET-MED WELL, 1 NY Strip-MED and the BIG Tomahawk Ribeye-RARE (black & blue). 45 minutes later we received our steaks... 1Hockey puck Filet, 1 WELL DONE NY Strip and 1 MED WELL Tomahawk Ribeye. There was no time to re-order so we ended up leaving only eating our sides. The manager was genuinely upset that this happened and did comp our meals. Only 2 other tables were occupied at the same time we were there which should have been a clue on the popularity of the restaurant.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Beautiful restaurant, great service, well appointed breakfast buffet, Omelette station, Belgian waffle pancake station,pasta station and carving stations...plus a nice seafood section with large shrimp, crab legs, and oysters..lots of yummy desserts. I will definitely go back for other brunches and try dinner there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMiriamDined on 4/12/2014Its one of my favorite places to eat and its only been open 9 months, all I can say we love everything about it.The atmosphere, the service, the food the staff everyone there is very gracious and they take care of you like you were the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm & friendly; yet too noisyNEWtoORLANDODined on 4/6/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Mingo's team is very accommodating and made us feel at home immediately. The variety of food was good, and the service was very good. I simply could not have a conversation with my guest ; too noisy! This is a great spot to bring a group of friends and family who want to celebrate an event (b-day celebration when we were there), watch game, hang out. Make their own noise! Buffet line was too long; I gave up on pasta made to order & chose veggie omelet (shorter line). The omelet was delicious and prepared as requested. There were some options for my guest who was vegetarian. I would go back for a group event, not a date "a deux". Complimentary valet parking is a big plus in this area; especially during events season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlimited Mimosa's!!!momofboysVIPDined on 4/6/2014Brunch was wonderful, food was great, service was on pointe and the mimosa's were flowing! Sometimes with "unlimited mimosa's" you get juice with a splash of champagne...not at Mingo's! AND they have many different flavors, orange, pomegranate, pineapple, the list goes on! The food was superb, omelet station, waffle station, carving station, meat's & cheese, and the traditional eggs, potatoes, bacon...it's WORTH IT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!EmilyDined on 3/30/2014The brunch experience was great! I would go back for the a la carte menu as well. If you get seated in a high top near the bar for brunch, ask to move. The flow around the brunch lines are congested and it sometimes felt like the people in line were right on top of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Birthday Party a MinusDeltaDined on 3/25/2014Our table of 4 was overlooked by a loud, large group celebrating a birthday. Our entree took 40 minutes to arrive, obviously because most of the staff's attention was on the party. We ate here on Saturday and loved it, then again on Wednesday, and had a much different impression, not all positive....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday FundayLovegoingouttodinnerDined on 3/23/2014I went last Sunday (3/23/14) with my boyfriend and another couple, we had an amazing brunch experience (unlimited Mimosas), service was astonishing, food delicious and the ambience was really nice, we sat at the patio while enjoying the beautiful weather. I’ll highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newbie on the BlockFoodie123Dined on 3/21/2014The food was outstanding and they accommodated my special dietary needs. We decided to make this our once a week go to place. Friday they had an outstanding singer and the service was top notch. I had swordfish and my date had bass. DelightfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my new favorite restaurant.ElaineDined on 3/18/2014This is my new favorite restaurant. I've already made plans to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperiencepickydinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Loved the interior/atmosphere. The food was excellent but we had a challenging experience getting it! 40 minutes waiting for appetizers and one flatbread was cold when it finally arrived. Manager comped them. Our entrees were slow coming out as well. But the sea bass was one of the best we have ever had. Then the wine charge on the bill was almost double the wine list price. The manager more than made up for it. Our service person was very attentive. So, the food experiece was exceptional and we really want this place to succeed. We will definitely be back for another try. I hope we had an exceptional experience - things just weren't working smoothly in the kitchen that night. Management did attend to us and were more than fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2014Again, excellent service, excellent management. Thank you for making my friends birthday so special. The personal touch with the birthday singing was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014We were there on a Monday night so it was pretty quiet. Our service was excellent -attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. Our food was delicious. I definitely recommend the scallops, but everything we oredered was was great. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great jazz night - lovely decorzurkongDined on 3/3/2014Loved the ambience of the style of Mingo's - beautiful decor and lighting.. The Jazz on the first Monday of the month is a great reason to go to Mingo's. The Butternut squash Ravioli was cold when first served, so they brought us a new dish. It was bland and not very special. The Ceasar's salad was quite tasty. Looking forward to tasting the entre's when I return for dinner at an earlier time of the evening. The server was fabulous - she was really a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/26/2014Great for birthdays!! From the champagne to the desert and the fabulous singing by one of the servers- Mingo's get a score of A+++ all the way around. My girlfriends and I really enjoyed it! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!table4sheetzDined on 2/24/2014The food and service was good. The speed of the meal was a little slow. Long delay between appetizers and salads. Other than that---everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- precious gemfoodieluvDined on 2/14/2014I absolutely loved the food and the ambiance. It exceeded all my expectations and we will definitely be returning. The beef tips were my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mingo's Made for a Special EveningbjlevineDined on 2/14/2014We had a terrific Valentine's Day dinner at Mingo's. We both had the 4 course fixed-price special. Everything was very good and well cooked and seasoned. Our server did a wonderful job. The ambiance was very nice and there entertainment was appropriate. My only complaint was that my New York strip was not the best cut of meat I've had. But overall, was had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Valentine's DayBudLobDined on 2/14/2014I booked a table for six on Valentine's Day at 5:30. The ambiance was upscale, chic and inviting. Our server, A.J. was perfect. Knowledgeable, attentive, funny and smooth. The food was outstanding. Rarely in this group do we find all of us happy with our meals but Mingos delivered. As an appetizer, the Marlin Tacos were a hit. For entrees, the crab cakes were the favorite followed closely by the filet. A very talented singer playing keyboard added to the great vibe. We returned for cocktails after seeing a play at the Abbey to find a vibrant bar scene that was awesome. The hostess even called a cab for us when we were ready to leave. All in our group agreed that Mingos not only made the platform but should be awarded the gold medal!Special Features:
- Run to this new great trendy siteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great service food is wonderful and decor is trendy yet elegant lighting is romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousMorepleaseDined on 2/12/2014My wife and I came for a romantic dinner. The service was all smiles and charm and the food was absolutely gorgeous. Everything was delicious right down to dessert. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.