Mingos - Orlando
100 South Eola
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mingos - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mingos.com/
- Phone: (407) 781-2539
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luis J Negron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday Evenings 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
A word from Mingos - Orlando
Mingos, located at the Sanctuary building, in the Lake Eola district, is a fine dining restaurant in a relaxed, modern atmoshpere . We feature fresh seafood, USDA beef steaks, signature items and homemade desserts. Enjoy our grande brunch buffet on Sundays while listening to live entertainment. We have one of the largest outdoor seating areas in Downtown Orlando for your enjoyment. Mingos has events throughout the week perfect for getting together with friends or date night. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday. We offer private dining and offsite catering. Reservations are suggested. We offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed.Continued
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Fresh | Healthy | Lively
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Mingos - Orlando - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Mingos - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (46)romantic (41)good for groups (36)hot spot (24)great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (14)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DisappointingJsavDined on 11/8/2014We had an early reservation before the philharmonic. There was only one table occupied but the hostess and manager had a long conversation at the hostess stand about where to seat us. We ordered crab bisque, the pork chop and the shrimp salad. The soup was presented as a crab cake with luke warm broth poured around it table side. The shrimp salad was served in the sombrero style soup bowl which made it difficult to cut. The large shrimp were over cooked. The pork chop was good, but it was supposed to be served with pea risotto. This risotto was obviously made by someone who has never had risotto. Service by Cathleen was attentive. Uninspired menu, poor plating, disappointing.
- First brunch at Mingo'sTonyATXDined on 10/26/2014Mingo's was an awesome selection for brunch. Their buffet had a pasta, omelet and carving stations. Oh and plenty of sweet desserts. The mojo style pork was amazing and the other stations had great chefs that were knowledgeable and put out some great food. The staff was very courteous and talkative so we all felt very welcomed. The manager made rounds and stopped at every table to make sure all of the guests were happy. I don't live in Orlando anymore but when I visit, Mingo's will be on my brunch list. Great food, staff and value for brunch!!!Special Features:
- Everything was greatlewiDined on 10/17/2014Really good service, and nice selection. No surprise, a little pricey.Special Features:
- mrbenjaminDined on 10/6/2014We celebrated my Best friends' birthday and he & his wife were highly impressed. Thanks for helping me make this a wonderful suprise and a great treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to MingosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014We made our first trip to Mingos without any idea of what to expect. I'm happy to report this place was excellent and will gladly return. The atmosphere, the service and food were all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining Month Thank You!AshleyDined on 9/27/2014We frequent this area of Downtown Orlando, but have never been to this location. Just stepping in, I cannot believe we never decided to come in before. The atmosphere and wait staff were calm, sophisticated, and welcoming. It is difficult for me to describe the meal or pick out my favorite part because each dish was outstanding even down to the watermelon dressing (which I am in love with). The drinks were on point and exquisite. Thanks to happy hour ($4 cocktails) we were able to try almost the whole menu. The manager happened by our table several points during our night and even toasted to our first time there with champagne. We will be coming here over and over especially for their brunch. Thank you Brie and Mingo's for a great night!Special Features:
- You'll love itBoomerangdiningDined on 9/26/2014Mingo's was good start to finish. We had a 7:45 reservation for dinner and we were sitting at our table at 7:42. From the host to the waiters and waitresses, everyone was awesome. This was our first time dining at Mingos, and we look forward to the next time we come. Oh, and the food was very good. I thought that it was a nice touch of class for the host to bring champagne to those that were waiting for there table.Special Features:
- dateniteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We arrive early and they still gave us a sit. the manager and staff was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's all about the service!mysterychefVIPDined on 9/23/2014Been here for brunch decided to try it for dinner, Magical Dining! Let me first start by saying the service is impeccable! The level of service here is equal to if not greater than any 5 star restaurant in town. They get your name from your reservation and address you by it all night long. Dishes did not stay on table after courses were finished which is a definite plus. Now the food. only complaint was the crab bisque i didnt enjoy it as much as my dining companion thought it needed more flavor. Had the crab cake appetizer it was delish! The pork chop was juicy and flavorful, the peas in the risotto were not mushy and gave a great pop of flavor and crunch. Scallops! seared to perfection,my guest would have loved another order. superb!Special Features:
- Impeccable service, delicious foodLauraVIPDined on 9/23/2014This was our first time to Mingos. We discovered it through Open Table and Magical Dining. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with both the food and service. I had the sea bass and it was one of the best I've had. My husband had the bone in pork chop which was also fantastic. The crab cakes we started with were also extremely good. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- surpriseWaltDined on 9/22/2014We went here because of magical dining. What a great surprise! We had a party of eight and everyone, and I mean everyone LOVED their meals. I have never had a pork chop that melted in my mouth before, whether it was steak, or fish our party was very happy, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mingo's ~ local gemDeeDeDined on 9/20/2014We discovered Mingos thru the Magical Dining promo. So happy we did. Every dish we had was prepared perfectly-delicious. Seafood(wow), potato(oh my),and chops(zowie)... The host was very hospitable and charming. Each team member was diligent, efficient and professional without being stiff. Danielle, our server, was outstanding. We will be back and back and back.... AND, happy to to support our locally owned businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014There have been so many restaurants on this street so I have not strolled through the area in a while. While searching for a new place to try close to home for the Magical Dining Month, I stumbled across this one and saw it had good reviews on Yelp. Place has a nice atmosphere, lively but not too loud...soothing lighting and just the right amount of bustle. This is one of the best restaurants in regards to service in the downtown area-from the host, to the bartender, table runners and server, A++...courteous, polite, attentive but not annoyingly so. All staff knew the menu well and was happy to answer any questions. Nice selection on the menu-food thoughtfully prepared/presented and cooked nicely. Winner-will be back again! DelightfulSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!JimV32Dined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful experience at Mingos; the manager was polite, friendly and attentive, and our server (Cathleen) was great. We tried several items on the "Magical Dining" list and were happily surprised at the quality and preparation of our orders. We had the pork chop and sea bass; both were exceptional.Special Features:
- Good spotTonyDined on 9/19/2014My server Danielle was Vee nice and made the night go by with out a hitch. I also met the manager aristeed (srry if I misspelled your name) and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodTommcapDined on 9/18/2014We went for dinner and the food was absolutely fabulous! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great food. I specifically dinned on seafood and I was very impressed.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableLoyd1957Dined on 9/18/2014The ambiance, the food and service were notable. Of course, there were not many people on a Thursday night, but waitress was checking on us and a free glass of champagne with dessert for first timers was unexpected. Would go again.Special Features:
- Awesome Customer Service & FoodPeggyDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant has outstanding customer service. They truly know how to make a customer feel appreciated. The food was delicious. Very nice presentation, good portion size and out of this world taste! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Magical Dining Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time to this restaurant. Service, food and atmosphere were all excellent! We will be back for all you can eat crab on Saturday'sSpecial Features:
- Orlando Magical Dining - MingosMikeDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Flavors were great. Wife's said her scallops were cooked to perfection. Desert was just the right size.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Really appreciated the manager stopping by the table to deliver free champagne during Magical Dining! A very nice touch to a fine meal.
- Great AnniversaryOrlandoFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014The people at Mingos went out of their way to thank us for coming and to make sure our anniversary was perfect! We were overwhelmed by the service from the managers and the staff at Mingos. If there was anything lacking from the server the rest of the staff definitely made up for it.Special Features:
- Great for groups and casual datesnewbiDined on 9/12/2014Went for our one year anniversary, it was way too crowded and loud (Friday night) the piano was nice (or at least what we could hear). The food was great though and so was the service ..as far as drinks we had or rather ordered 5 different ones were truly let down. So go for the food avoid the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJavaBlueVIPDined on 9/8/2014Went for Magical Dining. The food was excellent and the service was perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014The fish was great, service was responsive, food came out quickly. We went for magical dining month - great experience.Special Features:
- Great pre symphony diningWineprofDined on 9/8/2014Mingos has great service good food and modern ambiance. If you are attending an event in Orlando like the Symphony this is a great place for a drink or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A excellent evening!EastsiderDined on 9/6/2014We tried Mingo's after reviewing their menu on the Magical Dining website. The choice was an excellent decision! The service, food and attention to detail were top notch. We enjoyed our dining experience and plan to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Superior Service!MagicalDiningDined on 9/6/2014Everything about our experience exceeded expectations! From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted like Royalty and the service didn't stop there. Our server Cathleen was top-notch! On top of that the food was superb and the drinks were delicious! There was an acoustic guitar player and he just topped off the night for us. We would go back again and recommend it to anyone interested in a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a disappointment!UFGatorSLPDined on 9/5/2014Checked in with our reservation a few minutes early and we were told to grab a drink at the bar. We waited an HOUR and 15 minutes (checked in with hostesses 3 more x) and didn't get seated until 9:30! We told our babysitter we'd be gone for a couple hours at dinner and we didn't get home 'til 11:45! Our server hustled and wanted us to enjoy our night (she was fantastic) but eating your main course after 10 hardly makes you want to rave about the dining experience. Food and drinks were great, but who cares. No one offered anything to apologize for the horrible wait WITH a reservation. There are better options for Magical Dining to try. Despite living blocks away, I will definitely not be back.
- Slow and BusyMickeyDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant has lovely decor is in a nice area but the service is terrible. We were a group of 5, we first arrived about 20 minutes early and so decided to go to the bar for a drink. We were acknowledged but the drinks took about 15 minutes and the bar was not really busy. Once the entire party was there even though our table was ready it took some time to be seated. Dinner dragged in between courses and the second round of drinks were terrible, they ran out of dessert, bread for the table and it took one of us to get out of our seats to get the salt and pepper. I did the Magic Dinning with some friends to test the place out. Never again! I almost forgot, they had live entertainment and recorded music going on at the same time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014i was not happy when i found my reservation was missing. we were sat at the bar next to extremely loud music where i could not even have a conversation. I was not happy with the table and wouldn't return because there were plenty of empty tables and we were snubbed.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We recently visited Mingos for the Magical dinning experience and to celebrate our anniversary. The service was beyond our expectations. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencehappyguyDined on 8/30/2014We live nearby and have been meaning to stop in and check it out. We were blown away by the quality of the food, the friendliness and great service from the staff, and the overall great vibe of this wonderful restaurant. I had the best crab cakes and Sea Bass I've ever had that evening. The freshness and quality of the food is outstanding. The preparation and creative side dishes are wonderful. The staff seems to really, really enjoy working there and they believe in what the Mingo's brand is all about. It was an absolute pleasure and we'll be back many, many times. There aren't many restaurants out there that offer this kind of dining at a reasonable price - or any price for that matter. Well done!!!!!Special Features:
- Rocket manRocketmanDined on 8/30/2014Great place. Good food. Great service! We enjoyed the dinning experience and the people where so good.Special Features:
- Delicious foodUfgatorz82Dined on 8/29/2014We went during the magical dining and got to try a little of everything. The seabass is the best tasting thing there! The appetizers are good also. The dessert didn't really do it for us but it might for someone else. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceLilLilVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went here for Magical Dining month and will definately be back. The food, wine and service was phenominal. A bit pricey for me but will def return before Magical Dining ends.Special Features:
- Yummy and Wonderful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We came to Mingo's because of the Magical Dining promotion. I was aware several restaurants had failed in the same spot. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff was attentive, well-informed and friendly. The chef came out to check on our meal as well. The food itself was excellent and priced very well. I will return again, for sure. I hope it receives neighborhood support, since it can be "off the beaten path" for others. Try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placeMC143VIPDined on 8/23/2014We have gone to Mingos twice - once for Sunday brunch and once for dinner. The Sunday brunch was fantastic. Great selection of items, great dessert options (love the cake pops). Service is fantastic too! For dinner, we tried the all-you-can-eat crab legs dinner on Saturday. It was good...but I'm not sure I would do it again. It starts to get embarrassing to ask for plate-after-plate refills of crab legs! But the ambiance of Mingos is really nice and it has a nice vibe to it for sure. I hope this place succeeds!!Special Features:
- Awesome food!Shawshank72Dined on 8/23/2014Creative menu, excellent results. Our group of eight raved about their dishes - scallops were HUGE and perfectly cooked. Swordfish delicious, shrimp salad delicious, flanks steak crazy good. Only complaint was SLOWWWW drinks coming from bar. There was a private party in bar likely causing the delay, but no excuses for 20-30 minute wait for drinks ordered.Special Features:
- Never disappointsjodyDined on 8/10/2014The food at brunch is the best I ever had!!! Have taken family from out of town here on a Sunday. Fabulous. Love Aristedes as manager. He is awesome and makes sure you have the best experience. One can take all day trying the made to order omelets, pasta, waffles, pancakes, and, let's not forget the homemade dessert table and the unlimited mimosas or sangrias. you can also make your own bloody mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.