12600 SW Crescent St.
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mingowest.com/
- Phone: (503) 646-6464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Michael Tocchini / Martín Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events and business meetings to family reunions, rehearsal dinners and everything in between; MiNGO has a great private dining space for Beaverton and the West Side region.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Zuercher 5036466464
A word from MiNGO West
Simple Italian food. Great service. Thoughtful wine list. Creative cocktails.Continued
Eat. Drink. Celebrate.
Eat. Drink. Celebrate.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
MiNGO West - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
MiNGO West reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (32)good for groups (28)notable wine list (18)romantic (14)great for lunch (10)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- billieDined on 11/15/2014always good food with excellent service. Enjoy for any reason...won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billieDined on 11/8/2014always good, excellent food and knowledgeable wait staffSpecial Features:
- My Favorite RestarurantDeweyDined on 11/7/2014Over the past eight years we have been here many times. Most recently to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends. Our experiences have always very positive with great food and excellent service. Their special pasta's of the day are always to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willyboyDined on 11/6/2014Mingo's is one of our favorite restaurants. Consistently great good and service.Special Features:
- Constitently yummy!FitFemaleDined on 11/6/2014Been here several times. Great ever changing menu, delicious elevated Italian. Service was attentive. Nice wine selection. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveVette00Dined on 10/21/2014Very enjoyable evening. Each entre was excellently prepared both visually and flavor wise. We live approximately 45 miles away and will return again soon.Special Features:
- SRC24Dined on 10/21/2014Have dined here many times. It is always great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarentDined on 10/18/2014The entrees here are excellent. If you're looking for a quality Itallian dinner experience, this is the place to go. One minor problem is the bread. They used to serve a thick, crisp crust. Now it's thinner and just chewy. And be sure to ask for fresh coffee. They serve Illy's, but it's been sitting around.Special Features:
- Always a favorite !HectorDined on 10/13/2014Food mostly better than average. Outdoor space is special. Service quite good, but on a slow night, busboy was in our face constantly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerggmagourmetDined on 10/12/2014We've always enjoyed our previous meals at Mingo West, but it had been a while since we'd been there. This time I felt the menu had expanded. There seemed to be more choices. All four of us were pleased with our orders. The carmelized cippolinis were particularly delicious and were used generously in many dishes. The skewered chicken which was part of the Venetian tapas appetizer was somewhat overdone for my taste. Otherwise, no complaints. Portions were generous. My husband and I took home some of our main course. Service was excellent.Waiter was prompt,courteous and helpful. Restaurant was pleasantly busy but not noisy. Tables were well spaced for private conversation.Special Features:
- Good italianasdfDined on 9/16/2014The food was good, the staff was great. Finest dining in the area.Special Features:
- One of our favsPdxpizzaboyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Often we take out of town visitors to Mingo West because of its reliable quality. The service is professional; the food is top quality; and, the atmosphere relaxing and inviting. Our cousins were in town on Monday night and we came to Mingo West for a good meal and got just that. From my Mingo Drop to our salads and main courses the tastes were first rate. Mingo West never fails to deliver...it is one of our favourite spots to dine well.Special Features:
- Enjoyable. Consistently Great Food!YummyDined on 9/12/2014We're glad we discovered this place years ago. The food is reliably good and the menu stays interesting. The servers are always knowledgeable and make great suggestions, when asked. And they turn up when you want/need them without hovering. If you're looking for a traditional American-Italian place, this isn't it. More than pasta and pizza here...Special Features:
- Happy hour was loads of funlikeitisDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is relatively new and the service is better than expected. Waitstaff is very attentive, flexible and courteous. Octopus in salad weas cooked well, tender and well flavored. Drink selections are great. There were 5 of us about 5:00pm on a Sunday night. We sat indoors and could watch the entire restaurant happenings seated in the bar.Special Features:
- Superb Food and ServiceFerryFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014The food is excellent and very well prepared. Best Bread on the Planet! (And they gladly refill). We live in Seattle but come here EVERY time we get to Portland, about once a year. We like it that much.Special Features:
- Great overallLetsgoDined on 8/16/2014My friends and I have been to Mingo West since its opening at this location and we thought the food tasted better than ever! Cocktails seemed a bit pricey, so as the food but with the good service and food, we would still choose them for a special occasion. Everything, including desserts tasted good and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014Predictable place, great service, drinks and wine are all good. Its time for menu make over though and some real Italian food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific LunchsjhheartsshoesDined on 8/7/2014Terrific lunch here to celebrate a co worker. How lovely to sit outside and enjoy Mingo's delicious food. I had the ravioli special which didn't disappoint. I'm a total fan of dinner and it's great to know that lunch is just as amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor seatingSuzyQDined on 8/5/2014Lovely outdoor seating area. Food was good. Pretty expensive for what you got, but good. Won't rush back, there are too many other good restaurants in PDX.Special Features:
- Always a treatCbokcVIPDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful as always! It is caprese salad time at Mingo, they are not to be missed! Beautiful heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and Mingo's wonderful olive oil. Use the excellent bread to soak up every last drop. Fantastic lasagne with mushrooms and a wonderful fresh corn sauce, not your mama's lasagne but way, way better! Risotto with pork loin and cherry tomatoes! Great wine, great service, great chef! Delicioso!Special Features:
- mcshumaDined on 7/26/2014from the moment we entered the front door for the very first time, the welcome. the setting, the wait staff and the food were truly delightful. the space between tables. the size of the chair seats, the freshness of the ingredients.....well, just a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- The following 310 reviews are from the MiNGO West reviews archive.
- Office Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Went for an office birthday lunch. Waitress was friendly and attentive. It was a nice day out so the doors were opening which was very enjoyable. Everyone enjoyed their meals and dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESH lunch!Duck72Dined on 7/16/2014Dined with a group of 4 friends. All of us enjoyed different fresh menu items. Loved the seasonal offferings & topped it off with the raspberry/peach crisp. A great summer lunch spot indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm dingo for Mingo!GregZVIPDined on 7/14/2014OMG! This place just gets better! Always great food! This time the service, drinks and wine made it even better! You gotta check it out!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningIijimapicksDined on 7/12/2014I had not visited Mingo West in a few years but recently my girlfriend and I decided to celebrate our birthdays together there. We were thoroughly impressed with everyone who served us, from the water girl to the hostess to the waiters. Everyone seemed intuitively and respectfully attentive. The food was fantastic and meticulously prepared. The ambiance was energetic while the setting was elegant. Thank you, Mingo, for hanging in there and staying in Beaverton! We need more quality restaurants up here, out of downtown Portland!Special Features:
- MingosBonnieVIPDined on 7/5/2014I believe we have found a new favorite in our neighborhood. Great food, good service, nice wine list. who could ask for more.Special Features:
- Not google at all. Don't go there.Amethyst2014Dined on 7/5/2014Waitress was bad, food is not worth to pay at all. Dishes make you lose apatite. Don't go there, don't waste your money.
- foodiefixDined on 7/3/2014Had a fabulous girl's night out -- tasty food, excellent and attentive service with a great view of the outside fountain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable dining in BeavertonJedsperaDined on 6/30/2014Beaverton is not exactly a foodies playground, but Mingo is a great restaurant with enough satisfying food to tempt your taste buds. The food is good quality and tastes very good, I just wouldn't put it at the level of some of the more interesting restaurants in Portland. The service is good, and you will leave feeling good about your meal. I really like eating there in the summer where they open the doors and it feels like a street cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPDXviewerVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is always a great place to eat. The staff is always great and so is the food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Love coming back to Mingo!AnjiVIPDined on 6/22/2014As usual, great food and great wine. It was a lovely night to sit outside over a leisurely dinner. The capresse salad was fabulous!Special Features:
- Love Mingo WestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food is fresh, authentic Italian and the wine suggestion were perfection. I love the indoor/outdoor feel of the restaurant and the service was fantastic. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great appetizers, great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We tired Mingo West for a casual dinner on Sunday, early evening. The appetizers were fabulous, the entrees so so, and the desserts were great. Bellinis were so so too. I'd go back again and order something different for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everHeathbarVIPDined on 6/20/2014It had been some time since we had last dined at Mingo West, but I can't imagine why because our meal and experience was wonderful. The location is Beaverton, so traffic can be a hassle and there is no view. Mingo does a fine job of making the best of it by opening the large doors to the outside and also having outside tables. Menu on this night was really enticing. I can tell you the ravioli was perfectly cooked and paired well with the Mingo salad ( Caesar ). My son's halibut was tasty and my wife's penne pasta with the espresso coffee beef ragu turned out to be a big hit. I should mention the food was a great value. Service was excellent. Timely, friendly and efficient. Mingo has moved way up my list of venues.Special Features:
- LunchNanosDined on 6/19/2014Very enjoyable, excellent food and service. Prices appropriate, will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014As usual, another enjoyable dinner. Great wait staff, great menu, delicious food. Mingo West is truly a neighborhood gem. We've never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014My favorite restaurant locally in PDX. I like the west side location -easier parking and the ambience is lighter and less noisy. The sugo is to die for- I get it 9/10 times I go here but when I try something else, it is wonderful but never as good as the Sugo!Special Features:
- One Time TripPalmSprings14Dined on 6/12/2014We have eaten several times at Cafe Mingo. Although the service is not overly friendly, the food makes up for it. However, Mingo, (owned by same family) is a one shot deal for us. Food was okay, it was loud and our waiter didn't seem too interested in us, bringing complimentary tastes to other tables with younger people and not us. We won't be back.
- Terrific risottokathi37Dined on 6/12/2014We shared a lovely dish of chicken and asparagus risotto tha was delicious...that and a Mingo's grilled shrimp salad made a great lunch.Special Features:
- okBeegirlDined on 6/6/2014I have been to this restaurant twice. Once for happy hour and once for dinner. The pizza and drinks are pretty good and it is a great little spot for happy hour. The ambiance and overall vibe is nice. Big open windows and decor is warm. Our dinner however was pretty boring and a bit of a disappointment. I was with people who are known for clearing their plates and none of us did at this meal. We didn't even finish our deserts, and I'm a HUGE desert person. It was really busy in there which made service slow. Many times I thought our waitress forgot about us. She was nice enough but it's annoying when you have to be the one initiating the attention of your server. I would go back for happy hour, but probably not for much beyond thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.