12600 SW Crescent St.
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mingowest.com/
- Phone: 5036466464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Michael Tocchini / Martín Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events and business meetings to family reunions, rehearsal dinners and everything in between; MiNGO has a great private dining space for Beaverton and the West Side region.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Zuercher 5036466464
A word from MiNGO West
Simple Italian food. Great service. Thoughtful wine list. Creative cocktails.Continued
Eat. Drink. Celebrate.
Eat. Drink. Celebrate.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
MiNGO West - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
MiNGO West reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (35)great for lunch (26)good for groups (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Superb Food and ServiceFerryFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014The food is excellent and very well prepared. Best Bread on the Planet! (And they gladly refill). We live in Seattle but come here EVERY time we get to Portland, about once a year. We like it that much.Special Features:
- Great overallLetsgoDined on 8/16/2014My friends and I have been to Mingo West since its opening at this location and we thought the food tasted better than ever! Cocktails seemed a bit pricey, so as the food but with the good service and food, we would still choose them for a special occasion. Everything, including desserts tasted good and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014Predictable place, great service, drinks and wine are all good. Its time for menu make over though and some real Italian food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific LunchsjhheartsshoesDined on 8/7/2014Terrific lunch here to celebrate a co worker. How lovely to sit outside and enjoy Mingo's delicious food. I had the ravioli special which didn't disappoint. I'm a total fan of dinner and it's great to know that lunch is just as amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatCbokcVIPDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful as always! It is caprese salad time at Mingo, they are not to be missed! Beautiful heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and Mingo's wonderful olive oil. Use the excellent bread to soak up every last drop. Fantastic lasagne with mushrooms and a wonderful fresh corn sauce, not your mama's lasagne but way, way better! Risotto with pork loin and cherry tomatoes! Great wine, great service, great chef! Delicioso!Special Features:
- mcshumaDined on 7/26/2014from the moment we entered the front door for the very first time, the welcome. the setting, the wait staff and the food were truly delightful. the space between tables. the size of the chair seats, the freshness of the ingredients.....well, just a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Office Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Went for an office birthday lunch. Waitress was friendly and attentive. It was a nice day out so the doors were opening which was very enjoyable. Everyone enjoyed their meals and dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESH lunch!Duck72Dined on 7/16/2014Dined with a group of 4 friends. All of us enjoyed different fresh menu items. Loved the seasonal offferings & topped it off with the raspberry/peach crisp. A great summer lunch spot indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm dingo for Mingo!GregZVIPDined on 7/14/2014OMG! This place just gets better! Always great food! This time the service, drinks and wine made it even better! You gotta check it out!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningIijimapicksDined on 7/12/2014I had not visited Mingo West in a few years but recently my girlfriend and I decided to celebrate our birthdays together there. We were thoroughly impressed with everyone who served us, from the water girl to the hostess to the waiters. Everyone seemed intuitively and respectfully attentive. The food was fantastic and meticulously prepared. The ambiance was energetic while the setting was elegant. Thank you, Mingo, for hanging in there and staying in Beaverton! We need more quality restaurants up here, out of downtown Portland!Special Features:
- MingosBonnieVIPDined on 7/5/2014I believe we have found a new favorite in our neighborhood. Great food, good service, nice wine list. who could ask for more.Special Features:
- Not google at all. Don't go there.Amethyst2014Dined on 7/5/2014Waitress was bad, food is not worth to pay at all. Dishes make you lose apatite. Don't go there, don't waste your money.
- foodiefixDined on 7/3/2014Had a fabulous girl's night out -- tasty food, excellent and attentive service with a great view of the outside fountain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable dining in BeavertonJedsperaDined on 6/30/2014Beaverton is not exactly a foodies playground, but Mingo is a great restaurant with enough satisfying food to tempt your taste buds. The food is good quality and tastes very good, I just wouldn't put it at the level of some of the more interesting restaurants in Portland. The service is good, and you will leave feeling good about your meal. I really like eating there in the summer where they open the doors and it feels like a street cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentPDXviewerVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is always a great place to eat. The staff is always great and so is the food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Love coming back to Mingo!AnjiVIPDined on 6/22/2014As usual, great food and great wine. It was a lovely night to sit outside over a leisurely dinner. The capresse salad was fabulous!Special Features:
- Love Mingo WestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food is fresh, authentic Italian and the wine suggestion were perfection. I love the indoor/outdoor feel of the restaurant and the service was fantastic. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great appetizers, great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We tired Mingo West for a casual dinner on Sunday, early evening. The appetizers were fabulous, the entrees so so, and the desserts were great. Bellinis were so so too. I'd go back again and order something different for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everHeathbarVIPDined on 6/20/2014It had been some time since we had last dined at Mingo West, but I can't imagine why because our meal and experience was wonderful. The location is Beaverton, so traffic can be a hassle and there is no view. Mingo does a fine job of making the best of it by opening the large doors to the outside and also having outside tables. Menu on this night was really enticing. I can tell you the ravioli was perfectly cooked and paired well with the Mingo salad ( Caesar ). My son's halibut was tasty and my wife's penne pasta with the espresso coffee beef ragu turned out to be a big hit. I should mention the food was a great value. Service was excellent. Timely, friendly and efficient. Mingo has moved way up my list of venues.Special Features:
- LunchNanosDined on 6/19/2014Very enjoyable, excellent food and service. Prices appropriate, will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014As usual, another enjoyable dinner. Great wait staff, great menu, delicious food. Mingo West is truly a neighborhood gem. We've never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014My favorite restaurant locally in PDX. I like the west side location -easier parking and the ambience is lighter and less noisy. The sugo is to die for- I get it 9/10 times I go here but when I try something else, it is wonderful but never as good as the Sugo!Special Features:
- One Time TripPalmSprings14Dined on 6/12/2014We have eaten several times at Cafe Mingo. Although the service is not overly friendly, the food makes up for it. However, Mingo, (owned by same family) is a one shot deal for us. Food was okay, it was loud and our waiter didn't seem too interested in us, bringing complimentary tastes to other tables with younger people and not us. We won't be back.
- Terrific risottokathi37Dined on 6/12/2014We shared a lovely dish of chicken and asparagus risotto tha was delicious...that and a Mingo's grilled shrimp salad made a great lunch.Special Features:
- okBeegirlDined on 6/6/2014I have been to this restaurant twice. Once for happy hour and once for dinner. The pizza and drinks are pretty good and it is a great little spot for happy hour. The ambiance and overall vibe is nice. Big open windows and decor is warm. Our dinner however was pretty boring and a bit of a disappointment. I was with people who are known for clearing their plates and none of us did at this meal. We didn't even finish our deserts, and I'm a HUGE desert person. It was really busy in there which made service slow. Many times I thought our waitress forgot about us. She was nice enough but it's annoying when you have to be the one initiating the attention of your server. I would go back for happy hour, but probably not for much beyond thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entrees but desserts not soThemindfulgourmetDined on 6/6/2014We have been going to Mingo to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays and any reasons to celebrate. We love the food and service but have been consistently disappointed with desserts and usually skip them. Last week, however, we decided to take a chance and try some. I had the gelato. It tasted like frozen evaporated milk. Notes of "buttery" dairy and vanilla were absent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality is ConsistentDeweyDined on 6/3/2014For 9 years we have been coming and it is the most consistent location for food quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014I've been here twice. The first time I would have highly recommended this restaurant. This time - not so much. The food was not seasoned at all. The presentation was nice, however the flavor was boring and bland. Osso bucco was fatty. Service was not so great. The waiter came to the table twice. Other than that, the water kid did most of the serving. I wanted to give him the entire tip. There were kids running all over the place. It was a nice evening, so instead of going out the door they were running under the chains that separated indoor from outdoor. Staff should have stopped that as it was disruptive to the diners on the window. Also feel they should add some US based reds to the wine by the glass list. Not everyone likes Italien.Special Features:
- Mingo loverBonnieVIPDined on 5/29/2014This was our first visit to Mingos. It came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. The food and service were outstanding! We will definitely be returning to try more items on their wonderful menu.
- Delicious Meal, Lackluster ServiceElizaGDined on 5/24/2014We reserved a table at MiNGO West for my husband's birthday and, as expected, had a lovely meal. The cocktails, entrees, desserts, and wine we ordered were delicious and only served to reinforce why we have made MiNGO West one of our special occasion restaurants. Unfortunately, our server was rude, inattentive, never introduced himself, did not check on us during our meal, and did not bother to say a simple "thank you" or "good night" when he left our receipt. We are in our mid-thirties, but apparently did not appear to be worth the same courtesies as his "older patron" tables. The meal was quite enjoyable, but the rudeness of the server left us with a bitter after-taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointedEenyMeenyMineyMoDined on 5/12/2014Love this West side location of Cafe Mingo. Food is consistent, service is friendly and nearly always prompt. It is especially great for outdoor dining. If you have kids in tow, they can dash off into the little park area and play (bring a change of clothes because they will most likely get wet). They also have a very nice private room.Special Features:
- JoyjoyDined on 5/6/2014Had the cannoli for the first time, very, very good.Special Features:
- The following 284 reviews are from the MiNGO West reviews archive.
- A "go-to" choiceTJMartiniDined on 5/3/2014I don't have a bad thing to say about Mingo West. I have been hear several times and every time it is better than before. Just go and enjoy!Special Features:
- A let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Mingo is one of 2 or 3 great restaurants on the west side of town and normally a can't miss experience. On this Saturday night, I was rather disappointed. The waitress, though pleasant, was new and didn't understand the drinks or the food. The halibut was cooked well but a bit fishy and essentially unseasoned. The pork loin with rhubarb sauce was like grilling a costco boneless porkchop and covering it with applesauce. There was no depth of flavor. I certainly hope this sub par experience was an anomaly as I've had many good meals at Mingo before.
- Great meal, perfect servicehelenaiVIPDined on 4/23/2014Wonderful dinner with my friend. Food was terrific and the service was just right: not hovering but attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceChazDined on 4/17/2014We came as a group of six and were treated expertly. Getting a large group to pay attention to the server at the same time is a lot like herding cats. Yet our server was very patient and prompt in returning to complete our orders. Timing was right on—not too fast nor too slow. Besides the great service, the food was also first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as always!StacyHDined on 4/16/2014I've been here a dozen times, with friends, with family, with business associates, for lunch and for dinner, across the seasons and this place never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MingoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Overall the restaurant was decent. The service was slow but the servers were nice when they did show up. The food was okay but I cook better. Had chicken and penne with beef. Chicken was a little overcooked and the beef slightly under salted. Bit pricey for what it is.
- Disappointed PaisanoPaisanoDined on 4/13/2014Whenever our adult children are in town, we usually go out to dinner. I love Mingo and it is always my first choice for a family gathering. We have had some wonderful meals and made great memories at Mingo in the past. Unfortunately, on Sunday (April 13th) our visit was just "ok". Our waiter was very unattentive and actually ignored me several times when I was trying to order some extra items like anti pasta and drinks. It did not make for a very welcoming experience. He was also not very enthusiastic when telling us about the Specials. I hope this was just an "off night" because all of our other visits to Mingo have been great. The owners are wonderful and this place usually feels very welcoming and inviting. Disappointed PaisanoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian SpinLakeoozDined on 4/11/2014Chef Martin and company at Mingo make ordinary dishes special. Lasagna is so original each time--chef has even infused the pasta with saffron for one version. The semolina-based Gnocchi is a great twist on an old favorite as well. We love both Mingo locations!Special Features: