1655-185 Oak Tree Rd
Edison, NJ 08820Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mingrestaurants.com/ming.htm
- Phone: 7325495051
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; CLOSED: Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michael Chu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ming
For centuries, the world’s most exciting cuisine have originated from the Far East – mainland China, Kingdom of Thailand and Indonesia to name a few. Each country has its own unique style of cooking, but they share many common ingredients and all possess a similar approach to food. Far Eastern cooking features five distinct flavors: bitter, salty, sweet, sour and hot. They have achieved a perfect harmony of taste, color, flavor and texture by lending the herbs to enhance these natural tastes. Ming lends itself to these believes and executes a variety of Far East dishes to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ming reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- decentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014decent restaurant and quiet so its great for lunch meetings and service was fast didn't waste time in bringing food out so we were done within given lunch hrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upSwtsneDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food! Fried Rice a bit pricy but rest of the food is just delicious. Drove all the wat from maryland for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian-Chinese in DeclinemsweetVIPDined on 8/3/2014I haven't been to this restaurant in several years. A shell of it;s former self. Dingy and dark inside. Food was greasy and poorly prepared. Indian Chinese is my favorite kind of food and this place is now a no-go.
- Not the same placeIndoChineseFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Ming many times over last 6-7 years. This visit did not meet our expectations at all. For a fine dining place, specially in Metro NY, the standards are high. This was no where near the previous experiences we have had here. Food was average, more like a street corner Chinese place with Indian fusion. Service was lacking - they did not seem to have a handle on the needs - dropping places, breaking china, noisy. The only reason I give them a Fair rating is bcoz it may be a bad day for them. For all Ming fans, I hope they bounce back!
- Needs some helpHobokidVIPDined on 7/12/2014Been to Ming dozens of times over 10 years. I go for the food, that's it. Service is mediocre at best, and unfortunately they automatically include the tip. For the prices, the place just needs to be classed up. ASpecial Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Ming reviews archive.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Ming has exotic chinese dishes. The spicy coriander soup is unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TipsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Menu does not indicate that there a mandatory 18% tips will be added to the bill. This is outrageous.Special Features:
- Paneer Eggplant HoisinOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2014Do not miss this dish .... it is spectacular! Also, the Coriander soup if you can handle the heat. Overall, one of the best representations of Indian Chinese and other Asian fusion in NJ.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indochinese fusion foodYummyDined on 4/13/2014We have been going to Ming for almost 14 years. Never had a bad experience there. Food is always amazing. Staff is also very attentive and friendly. I would and have been reccomending Ming to friends and coworkers. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our 2nd visit. AndOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This is our 2nd visit. And it has been again pathetic food. Food was half cooked. No taste in dishes. Highly overrated place.Special Features:
- Ming gets it rightNjSinghDined on 1/10/2014Great service and food. Will be back to try something different on the menu.Special Features:
- very disappointed with qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2014very disappointed with quality of food, felt like it was stale & had no flavor or excessive spice. I love Moghul & go there all the time but Ming was subpar.
- Food was superbPharmboy34VIPDined on 12/13/2013The food was amazing. I had lamb, chicken and duck while here in the form of appetizers and main courses. My Crunchy Duck was superb. My friend's Lamb entree was delicious. My other friend's Chili Duck was also incredibly tasty. My vegatarian wife also left full and happy. I can't wait to return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in every biteFoodieInPlainfieldVIPDined on 10/11/2013Not only is the service outstanding but ask questions and you might be introduced to items that aren't even on the menu! I am vegetarian and although the choices here are already excellent, the waiter suggested an eggplant in chili sauce dish that was out of this world! Crispy, saucy and the right amount of kick. The gobi is also just right although on one occasion the cauliflower was overcooked and dry. Last might it was perfect. The only negative is that now we are craving it again and may have to go back 2 nights in a row!Special Features:
- Worth a visit!KultarDined on 9/30/2013All aspects of Ming were very good. Although Ming has a liquor license, it allows it patrons to 'byob'. The food is somewhat expensive but what we ordered was tasteful, spicy to our request and well presented. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome food and great servicejoymDined on 9/28/2013This was my third time to Ming and as usual the food was excellent. We ordered chicken sweet corn soup, hakka noodle, ming fried rice, black pepper prawn, chilly chicken dry. Each and every item was great. I would highly recommend this place to any lover of Indo-chinese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT****FireandWine65VIPDined on 7/20/2013Fresh food, great environment, excellent service. We were there about 2 years ago and it was very hot inside the restaurant. Not too pleasurable when you're eating spicy food while sweating. This time was much much different. Chili Shrimp were magnificent. Service was on par. Friendly staff. The only thing that I still have a problem with is being charged $6.00 for a bowl of rice. Other than that, this place was spot on!Special Features:
- Good food could improve serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Food was tasty and appropriately spiced. Great selection as well. Service could use improvement. Waiter forgot 1 beer and had to be reminded.Special Features:
- Too spicydinerVIPDined on 6/1/2013When ordering, my husband ordered his dish to be extra spicy and he was accommodated. However, I ordered my dish to be mild which the waiter repeated, so he understood what I wanted. However, when my dish was served it came out way too spicy for me to eat so I sent it back. When I got it back I found that the portion size was reduced quite a bit and it was also still too spicy. This isn't the first time we've eaten here and have come across the same problem in the past. It will be a long time before we return for another try.
- The waiters started clearingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2013The waiters started clearing our table while we were clearly still eating. They seemed to want to kick us out because they close for break at 2:45pm on weekdays.
- Service reviewgoodfoodDined on 5/19/2013Sham was great and helpful. He took care of every need. My family was extremely delighted with service. Food is also very good. We got not so hot food as we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceFoodieMDined on 5/11/2013We've been going to Ming for many years.They took us right on time. Food here is always excellent. Service was very good. Our server Prashant was very nice , promptly responded to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer recommendationsHappy1235VIPDined on 4/18/2013Drums of heaven and chicken-papaya salad were very good.Special Features:
- Excellent indian ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2013Excellent excellent Indian Chinese food. Spicy coriander soup, American chopsuey, chicken Hakka .. Cassata is phenomenal tooSpecial Features:
- Service was awesome. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Service was awesome. Food was good and suited my taste..I enjoyed dining here and would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Hot Food on a Cold NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The food was fabulous! Prajyot, our server, did an impeccable job of making sure everything was perfect- from the spice level, to our beverages, this restaurant ensures its customers are satisfied! Will def return soon! Ok...great!Special Features:
- The reservation worked great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The reservation worked great. We reached at 9:15pm and we had to literally wait for 5 seconds as everything was ready. This is a great site and service.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGjohnVIPDined on 12/30/2012no beef or pork but the best chinese food ever thank youSpecial Features:
- Nice flavors!SavvyMommaVIPDined on 12/26/2012We enjoy Chinese food, and were pleased with Ming. The wonton soup was a hybrid of egg drop and wonton, which was different and tasty. We had one of the fried rices, which had fresh tasting vegetables and that traditional flavor that I miss in Chinese food. (My picky 4-year old loved the rice too!) We don't care for Indian food, but there were a good amount of Indian groups dining there. I also saw a few Chinese people there too. That, to me, is a good sign. The portions were plentiful, but not too much. The servers were friendly and knowledgable about the food's flavors and spice levels. Halfway into the meal, I sent a text message to a friend, recommending Ming. I'd like to try some of their other dishes, so we'll be back.Special Features:
- Ming does all of the standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012Ming does all of the standard Indian Chinese dishes like crispy lotus roots, cauliflower Manchurian, vegetable Manchurian, and chilli paneer better than anywhere else I've had them, including Royal China in Mumbai. But its more original dishes are even better. My three favorites are the okra Szechuan (sort of like an okra Manchurian), the eggplant stuffed with paneer in hoisin sauce, and the papaya salad (more strongly flavored than the milder Thai version -- and served in a giant pani puri!). The service is attentive and is willing to adjust the food to your spice tolerance.Special Features:
- Staff were excellent and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Staff were excellent and food was very tasty. Will come again
- Great Indo-Chinese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012This is by far the best "Indo Chinese" restaurant in the New Jersey/New York area. The food was great. The service was very good as well, although they took a few minutes to seat us, even though we had made reservations in advance. The staff were nice and friendly. But the biggest USP for the place is definitely the food itself.Special Features:
- As alwasys good service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012As alwasys good service and good food. Even the Chinese side of my family enjoyed the Indo-Chinese style provided here.Special Features:
- Food at Mings has become moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012Food at Mings has become more conventional indian Chinese than when we last visited a couple of years ago, which is great. The sweetness that American palates prefer had diminished. All the dishes we had were good with the sizzling land and the Thai fried rice being outstanding for their flavor and presentation! The toffee coconut banana was terrific and the kids loved it! The dining experience got a big boost from the server who was friendly, made good suggestions and was attentive to the tables needs. She recommended "the mix" a sweet and salty mix on the traditional fesh lime soda, which was quite good. All the soups we tries were very very good. Things that could have been better: use fresh lime in the soda, little less salt!Special Features:
- wow!!!!johnVIPDined on 8/4/2012what a nice spot food and service was outstanding cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- If you like Indian-Chinese,LeeandtjDined on 7/22/2012If you like Indian-Chinese, Ming is the place. Interesting combinations, delicious noodles, great vegetarian dishes.Special Features:
- We celebrated my wife's 30thdineDined on 7/21/2012We celebrated my wife's 30th bday and we were a group of 15. Our waiter was fantastic! We always enjoy the food and highly recommend the hot and sour soup. Thank you to Ming for helping to make it a special evening.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012The food was excellent and held its high indo-chinese standard. Our waiter Priyesh was the embodiment of service - he was very courtesous, polite and ready to accomodate all our picky diners. His suggestions were certainly a hit and he was also mindful of our different spice requests. Overall a great evening with family.Special Features:
- While it purports to be ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2012While it purports to be Chinese cuisine, it isn't Chinese or Indian or Thai--it's a mixed-up mash-up of all of them.
- I am a regular visitor ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012I am a regular visitor of Ming. Till now I have no disappointments after each visit to the restaurant as the staff takes care of the customers in a very high manner. I have already referred this restaurant to many of my friends.Special Features: