3 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ming2morristown.com/
- Phone: 9738712323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michael Chu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Shaun Mehtani 9738712323
A word from Ming II
Ming II reinvents the Pan-Asian cuisine that Ming Restaurant, in Edison, NJ, has become famous for. Among the traditional Indo-Chinese, Malay, and Thai favorites, Chef Michael Chu prepares a wide array of mouth-watering delicacies. The intimate dining space has curved ceilings and soft-lighting to make it feel romantic and cozy. The breath-taking wine room features a wide array of wines from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ming II reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Uncontrolably noisy guestsMohanDined on 9/5/2014There was a bunch of drunken noisy guests that the manager could not control that spoiled an otherwise great meanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudbeccaVIPDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is really loud, maybe it is the wooden ceiling that has bad accoustics. It also has a weird smell, not sure if it is cilantro or BO. The food was ok and the service was good, overall it was just ok.
- Not Your Average AsianMaharajaVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is New York City restaurant in Morristown.. And that's exactly why I love it. The same food, service, and drinks as being in the city, without having to drive their.Special Features:
- It's nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014It's my first visit to the Ming 2 for me. I was quite amaze by the ambiance of the restaurant. Food was a little different than actual Chinese food. I like the taste and service is good than its expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetseatDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was so dark we had to read the menus by light of our phones. The food was barely edible and both food and wine overpriced. I can't recommend this place to anyone.
- Consistently excellent!HoldthemushroomsDined on 6/27/2014This was about my fifth time to this restaurant. The food has always been excellent! The staff are very warm and friendly. The menu and atmosphere are kind of "exotic" in a very good way. The menu is quite extensive, and includes dishes ranging from mild to hot and spicy. There are a couple of bowls with additional sauces on the side (one of which is very spicy!) so you can "kick it up a notch" on any dish if you would like. The drink selection is very extensive. I found the prices quite reasonable for the quantity and quality of the food, service and atmosphere. We are never able to finish our meal, and take the rest home for a nice lunch the next day!Special Features:
- The following 294 reviews are from the Ming II reviews archive.
- NoiiseNatalieDined on 6/21/2014When we were there at 7pm it was quiet but I understand after 9:00pm It has a DJ and gets livelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Our second time there. Food is great and so are the drinks. try the grapefruit mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was right on targetNJdinerVIPDined on 5/7/2014I'm a frequent Mehndi diner and have been at Ming II quite a few times but found Ming II to be somewhat inconsistent- something we never experienced at Mehndi That certainly wasn't the case this past week- just a perfect meal. Service was excellent as usual and the bar is always top notch; great cocktails and a very good wine list. But it was really the 4 dishes we shared that were so perfect. The vegetable dumplings, Shrimp in Green Curry, the Oriental Chicken and the vegetable Hakka noodles were all done perfectly. The surprise was the oriental chicken- perfectly balanced chicken and cauliflower ; a real case of the potentially mundane elevated to an unexpected level Sometimes that's what it is all about.Special Features:
- Service StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014Restaurant is much too dim; when asked to bring up lighting staff was accommodating stating manager wants it to be dim. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Horrible!!!Foodie1VIPDined on 4/12/2014We had an unfortunate experience at Ming 2....The food and the service were so bad - I don't think I've ever had a worse experience. Drinks didn't come out for the table. Apps and mains all at once. My shrimp green curry tasted like peanut butter; it was so bad that I didn't eat! :((
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Ming II is excellent. The service is great and so is the food. The portion sizes were generous and everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 in a rowDiscerningDined on 3/28/2014Have gone 3 times with three different groups if friends. Every time a success. And now my friends are viewing to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Service not soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Good food. Service not so good. several parties going on. no one filled water. took average of 15 minutes to get drinks. gave me wrong drink I abd wrong food. made us move in the middle of our meal to make room for large party. they definitely need more staff to help. no one checked on us so I could let them know I ahad wromg meal. my friend had to get up out of her seat to ask for water for out table. I will ask next time if there are large parties going on and will avoid those nights.Special Features:
- Ming II unique Asian cuisineDonVVIPDined on 3/22/2014The menu has a lot of choices for appetizers and entrees. All the dishes look delicious. I had the Kung Pao chicken, and it had a terrific sweet chili sauce that lightly coated the chicken. Great food and fantastic service, too boot! I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time and countingDiscerningDined on 3/14/2014Both evenings I dined at MING were wonderful. I will plan returning again and again. Such lovely and friendly service. Found so flavorful. Really delicious. And a really great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A VisitRumRunnerDined on 3/14/2014Was looking for somewhere "different" to take my wife for her birthday. Food: the menu says "pan Asian" which it is - think Indian inspired dishes/flavors but prepared in a more upscale, Chinese way. All of our dishes were well prepared (shrimp, lamb, chicken) - definitely not something you'd cook at home or get a the local take out. Entree portions are decent but not huge and range in price from $15-$22. FYI - you purchase rice separately. Room: very nice, interesting space. Curved room, with wood on the walls. Comfortable lighting with subtle music in the background. Not a super big place, so it feels cozy. In the end - it was a pleasant dining experience with good food and service. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKathDined on 3/11/2014I've had wonderful dining experiences in this restaurant. I keep going back and introducing friends and business colleagues to this establishment because the food, atmosphere and service are always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointingTresdogsVIPDined on 3/8/2014Although our server was good, our experience was not. Food was either mediocre or so spicy it was uneatable. All this in a room that felt like a dark tomb with loud techno music playing. We won't be back.
- Great Asian Restaurantasdf1234Dined on 3/3/2014If you're looking for a nicer upscale place for Asian cuisine then Ming II is a good choice. It has a great atmosphere, service and wide bar selection that is lacking from most Chinese, Japanese or Thai food restaurants. It's warm and inviting and doesn't have that intense Asian decor and vibe that most places have. There is a wide variety of Asian dishes so you don't feel locked into a particular category. The food was pretty good for what it was but it didn't blow me away and wasn't significantly better than what you'd get at any good Asian restaurant. The biggest difference is the variety, service, atmosphere and bar selection which really make it a standout place to go. Highly recommended for a date night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go to in Morristown!KathDined on 2/20/2014I've been dining at Ming II and Mehndi since we've moved into town in 2012 and have introduced many people to these fine restaurants. Ming, Mendhi and their lounge SM23 are by far the best places to go to in Morristown. It's such a unique experience since the restaurant and lounge are all interconnected. The staff are super and very personable. It's a must go to place here in Morristown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2014When I checked out the menu on-line, I thought Ming II was an Asian Fusion restaurant inspired by Chinese dishes, but it was more like an Indian restaurant, which I wouldn't have minded if the food was good. The food was barely mediocre. We didn't finish anything we ordered. The papaya salad was bland. The calamari appetizer was soggy and overloaded with onions. I ordered pancake duck, and thought the duck was dry with no flavor. My boyfriend ordered shrimp with lemon garlic butter. The sauce was pretty good but the shrimp was mostly soggy batter and we were only able to eat two pieces. We are not going back.
- simple and elegantArianaDined on 1/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful, a cozy atmosphere accented by bursts of color. Our waiter was very good. It seemed unusually busy for a Monday when we went but the service was excellent all the same. The food is amazing. If you're sensitive to spice, pay attention to the indicators on the menu, they don't joke around. I highly recommend the cauliflower Manchurian appetizer, it's the best thing I've eaten in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word......Exceptional MyClassyDined on 12/31/2013One word......Exceptional My dinning experience at Ming II always surpass all my expectations from appetizers to dessert, the drinks are top of the line, I only drink on special occasions, my favorite, chocolate martini Brought relatives visiting for dinner, they were raving about the ambience, the food, the whole experiencing for them was 'one to remember, a great end to the year!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual layout- good foodLKJCDined on 12/31/2013We found the layout of Ming II and it's sister operation confusing and unusual, since 3 different restaurants share a common reception area and all are buried in the middle of a empty convention center. The staff appears to be as confused as the guests by this layout, and they have poor habits and communications with each other and the restaurants. The food was reasonably good, mostly like hotel restaurant fare. Portions were small, despite previous reviewers comments. Overall an underwhelming experience.
- always flavorful and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/21/2013always flavorful and well prepared food. good value.Special Features:
- Nothing To Write home AboutNbrokesDined on 12/7/2013I chose this restaurant based on the Zagat review, which was high. Overall, I wasn't impressed. The food was standard and the service was slow. It was also a little hard to find because it is located in the Hyatt building and very small inside. I've had a better experience at PF Changs.
- Great foodMartinjDined on 11/29/2013Highly recommended for the food. Great taste with spices. Great ambiance for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extreme spicyDetBobby1VIPDined on 11/23/2013Regular nice place with great service. Noise level was much higher than usual. Big parties came. All tables full. Unable to hear each other speaking. The meal choice was much to much spicy and more fried this time. Other times did not request mild. Next time we will try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ming IILongValleyDuoDined on 11/23/2013Noise was REALLY loud. The service was HORRIBLE! We asked a number of questions, and he had to go back severeal times to go ask someone. Drinks took 10 minutes. Second round of soda's took another 10 minutes. They charged us $12.00 for 4 sodas! The waiter did tell us this was his 3rd week on the job, but the restaurant needs to train these people. Food was very good, and although loud, I'm okay with that too. But the experience wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been given the poor service, and feeling that I'm being taken advantage of with $3.00 sodas with no re-fills. Not sure if I'd go back. Very poor service, and $3 sodas that don't include re-fills, is RIDICULOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience! Awesome foodbhumiDined on 10/8/2013We have been there twice and everytime we went food was consitently great espl for vegetarians like us where we normally have less options , we enjoy this place. Ambience is great and quiet unlike most restaurants whcih are very noisy. Only thing i would have liked is that while reserving this i mentioned its my husband's birthday . it would have been nice to geta complimentary birthday dessert to make the occasion special. In NYC most restuarnts do that ! Anyways hope they read this and take action .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very tasty foodsooobeeDined on 9/26/2013I have been to this restaurant many time and one of my favorites. i am a vegetarian and happy about the many choices they have. Overall a good place to dine and i would visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MaurbooDined on 9/21/2013We started out with the Cauliflower Manchurian, Asian Calamari and Merlot. The Cauliflower was like nothing I’ve ever had. It was deep-fried without being in the least bit greasy and succulent-very unlike Cauliflower! I’m not usually into deep-fried but this I recommend. The Calamari came with three different dipping sauces two of which we loved and it was tender, not chewy, as it can get if you cook it two seconds too long. It was perfectly done. I asked our Waiter for a lamb suggestion and he said the Lamb Massaman was for me. I loved the scent of coconut milk and the taste was wonderful. My S.O. had the Seafood casserole and raved about it. Raved. I tasted it-it was wonderful. I also had a pepper and pinneapple martini-YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013I love this restaurant (and also its sister restaurant Mendhi ). The cocktails are creative and outstanding! I look forward to having the spicy coriander soup every time I come. The food quality and preparation is top notch. A little pricey but.....when the food is this good I do not mind paying for it. The entire dining experience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a rare nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013My wife and I had a rare night out. We really enjoyed our experience. Nice ambiance, great food, excellent service and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have always loved ming IIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Food is awesome, very tasty and service is very goodSpecial Features:
- great dinninglovey90Dined on 8/30/2013I loved the atmosphere. Great food. Good service. I would definitely go again. Very fancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialty drinks and good cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2013Spicy if you want, but they will adapt for less heat if you want. Mostly shrimp and chicken dishes; only a few beef dishes, lots of vegetarian options. Took our teenagers and did not feel out of place. Really good specialty drinks and different flavors. The pan-Asian cuisine is very good. Our service was quick yet not hovering or pushy. I would go back with a group of adults or on a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had been to Mendhi - theJerseyFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2013I had been to Mendhi - the next door Indian restaurant, but not Ming II. We had a great meal. The food is "Pan-Asian" - not from any single country, so there are a lot of unusual choices. We obviously didn't need a reservation at 6:00 on a Saturday night...they were empty when we go there, although were filling up when we left. They were in the midst of dealing with an unsatisfied take-out customer when we arrived, so they were a little inattentive at first - and neglected to check us in, so I got a "why didn't you show up" email from Open Table, which is annoying.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2013Delicious food and fantastic service! Love this restaurant!Special Features: